#1 Posted by k4tzm4n (36474 posts) - - Show Bio

Collider interviewed director Garth Evans and there's two very exciting blurbs.

“We’re still shooting it right now. We’re about a month and a half away from finishing the production of it. It’s got the same kind of action beats in terms of the style of the action, but our approach this time is to go way more cinematic with it. We’re expanding the universe out. We’re taking the story out of that little claustrophobic setting and putting it out into the streets and into the high end gangsters in Jakarta. It’s a lot bigger in scope. So fingers crossed people will kind of come along for the ride again.”

“We should be finished with post by the end of this year and then maybe early next year we can have the release.”

http://collider.com/the-raid-2-sequel-release-date-2014/

Staff
#2 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (20862 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm, interesting... I should watch the first Raid. I heard it has the same plot as Dredd by accident, since they were made and released at different times.

#3 Posted by Mild_Karl (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm, interesting... I should watch the first Raid. I heard it has the same plot as Dredd by accident, since they were made and released at different times.

Similar premise. Both feature a team taking down a drug kingpin in a criminal infested high rise building. Dredd is a run-and-gun shooter, The Raid is an incredibly intense martial arts film.

#4 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

F*CK YES. Best thread in the Off-Topic section.

Are they still trying to do an American remake with Marky Mark?

#5 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (20862 posts) - - Show Bio

@dragonborn_ct said:

Similar premise. Both feature a team taking down a drug kingpin in a criminal infested high rise building. Dredd is a run-and-gun shooter, The Raid is an incredibly intense martial arts film.

Nice. I will get to it when I have the chance.

#6 Posted by nerdork (4035 posts) - - Show Bio

F*CK YES. Best thread in the Off-Topic section.

Are they still trying to do an American remake with Marky Mark?

WOW, i hope not.

#7 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Superguy0009e (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

First one was GREAT. Hope this one steps everything up.

#9 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (9601 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope they hire more martial artist and dont try to show acting or a plot, just super intense martial arts action like the original.

#10 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

SPNG Tags: Dean Winchester / YES / Happy Dancing and Flailing / Excited / Looking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif? This blog organizes them so you don’t have to spend hours hunting them down.

#13 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!

#14 Posted by k4tzm4n (36474 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#15 Posted by nerdork (4035 posts) - - Show Bio

Defintely looking forward to this; however, i really liked the claustrophobic setting. I hope it doesnt get too flashy, like a Michael Bay film, in the sequel. That being said, i am sure i will love it...however it turns out. :P

#16 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19965 posts) - - Show Bio

YES YES YES YES YES!

I wonder if Rama's brother will also make an appearance?

#17 Posted by nerdork (4035 posts) - - Show Bio

YES YES YES YES YES!

I wonder if Rama's brother will also make an appearance?

His brother, Andi, is on the cast list on IMDb. So, I am guessing he will be.

#18 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2898 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

bump again since wide screening