The Race Thread

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@sophia89:

I don't know if you purposefully missed the vivid and apparent point that his tweet made or if you are actually that oblivious...? (Not trying to be rude or condescending, and in case you missed this, too, that question was rhetorical)

Well, that could be the reason as to why she didn't respond after I pointed that out to her.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Although there's some truth to Rock's comment, I find it unnecessarily divisive. I'm part Native American and still celebrate Thanksgiving. I don't go around saying "thanks colonials for giving us dinner before taking our land and murdering our people!"

No one's forgotten the history, but I feel like for every step towards bringing people together we do our best to keep ourselves separated too. I'm proud of all my various heritages, but I'm an American first and foremost.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354  Edited By Static Shock

@sophia89:

When America declared its independence, most Black people were still enslaved. I'm not sure what you're trying to argue here. Yes, there were free Black people in the States. But, free Blacks were a minority compared to the number of Blacks that were enslaved at the time. Enslaved Blacks also fought in the American Revolution as well, so that doesn't really change much. Again, it doesn't matter if it's an American holiday, nor does it matter who chooses to celebrate it.

Also, what's going on in Africa isn't relevant to Independence Day in the U.S.A. So, I'm not addressing that.

At the time, White people benefited from their freedom the most. Most Blacks were still enslaved.

It may not be a White holiday now, but might as well have been 239 years ago.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#355 frozen  Moderator

Although there's some truth to Rock's comment, I find it unnecessarily divisive. I'm part Native American and still celebrate Thanksgiving. I don't go around saying "thanks colonials for giving us dinner before taking our land and murdering our people!"

No one's forgotten the history, but I feel like for every step towards bringing people together we do our best to keep ourselves separated too. I'm proud of all my various heritages, but I'm an American first and foremost.

That depends, how much Native American heritage do you have? A lot of Americans have atleast some Native American heritage.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#356  Edited By cameron83

@sophia89: ...........

I literally am not sure what you are getting at (and I have a feeling that a lot of that was irrelevant ), but whatever.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#357  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@sophia89: @static_shock:

And I may also add the only country where slavery really exist in Africa is really just Mauritania, other than that the slavery in other parts of Africa is just in the very small rural parts and insignificant compared to the rest of the population. And unlike the slavery that happened in the Americas, slavery in Africa is illegal. But again its small in Africa, besides that one country Mauritania.

But yeah like Static said most of the blacks during the time were enslaved compared to the blacks who were freed. Of course its not a "white holiday", but during the times of slavery it most likely was. I'm just saying. Not saying you're right or wrong Sophia. :)

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I had a blood test (or whatever) done when I applied for college because I knew it was a fairly decent amount because of my Grandfather (who is really into thay part of our bloodline despite being predominantly white like myself but that's another topic). Anyway long story short you needed a 15% minimum for the tuition payment. I was 11% with a + or - 2% margin of error. So if you figure 10% as a rough average I'm 1/10 Native American. Not a huge amount (I don't know what the American average would be) but when you consider that even my most predominant blood heritage (Austrian) is about 30%...there no overly dominant bloodline in my makeup. I am what you'd call a mutt, through and through.

So you make a valid point that on the US census and in overall appearance I am considered white, but my Grandfather was big into that aspect of our bloodline (and I'm a big history buff) so I was a bit more exposed to that area of my being than most white Americans. I'm not claiming to be Native American, not by any means, but it is a ralevent part of my upbringing and a culture I was exposed to despite being predominantly European.

I was simply making a point about dividing ourselves needlessly, when the history behind it isn't glossed over. One of my squad mates is black and he threw a BBQ, by Rock's standards it sounds like that my him 'less black'. Just a needlessly devisive comment, I enjoy debate and discussion but that was just rage bait in my opinion.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359 frozen  Moderator

@frozen: I had a blood test (or whatever) done when I applied for college because I knew it was a fairly decent amount because of my Grandfather (who is really into thay part of our bloodline despite being predominantly white like myself but that's another topic). Anyway long story short you needed a 15% minimum for the tuition payment. I was 11% with a + or - 2% margin of error. So if you figure 10% as a rough average I'm 1/10 Native American. Not a huge amount (I don't know what the American average would be) but when you consider that even my most predominant blood heritage (Austrian) is about 30%...there no overly dominant bloodline in my makeup. I am what you'd call a mutt, through and through.

So you make a valid point that on the US census and in overall appearance I am considered white, but my Grandfather was big into that aspect of our bloodline (and I'm a big history buff) so I was a bit more exposed to that area of my being than most white Americans. I'm not claiming to be Native American, not by any means, but it is a ralevent part of my upbringing and a culture I was exposed to despite being predominantly European.

I was simply making a point about dividing ourselves needlessly, when the history behind it isn't glossed over. One of my squad mates is black and he threw a BBQ, by Rock's standards it sounds like that my him 'less black'. Just a needlessly devisive comment, I enjoy debate and discussion but that was just rage bait in my opinion.

Mmmh, fair enough.

Also, it is quite awesome to have part Native-American heritage and some awareness on your roots; I don't have much solid insight into my ancestry, although it continues to fascinate me. I might try and get a DNA test and look into this shit..

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: I apologize for the TL;DR there...I know you weren't looking for my life story.

But while it would be originally considered a 'white holiday' I would like to think we've moved beyond such thinking, to where we are just simply Americans celebrating an American holiday. I know not everyone has,but that's a separate issue I have lol.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@granitesoldier said:

@frozen: I apologize for the TL;DR there...I know you weren't looking for my life story.

But while it would be originally considered a 'white holiday' I would like to think we've moved beyond such thinking, to where we are just simply Americans celebrating an American holiday. I know not everyone has,but that's a separate issue I have lol.

No need to apologize man, I found it interesting (I often find your posts insightful) - I like reading about ancestry, and its gave me incentive to look into mine (if I can). I'd imagine Thanksgiving can be celebrated fine by any American, but I do recall my old thread on the holiday causing a stir...lol - in the future I think there will be less division, it's progressively becoming better.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362  Edited By GraniteSoldier

@frozen: I've done a lot of digging into my various known and predominant backgrounds and cultures. I have a lot of Central European bloodlines as well...Austrian, German, Polish, Greek, Dutch, Slovak...

But first and foremost I am and always will be an American raised in an American culture. Before German or Native American or Irish or whatever. I am aware of that cultural backgrounds but I can't claim I've ever been raised in them. It's important to know your history and where you come from though, at least I think so.

I think I represent the concept of the American Melting Pot quite well haha.

Johnnyx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dbvse7 said:

White Devils.. White Devils everywhere..

Devils come in all colors

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364  Edited By comicace3

@johnnyx5 said:
@dbvse7 said:

But they are mostly white.

Johnnyx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Johnnyx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366  Edited By Johnnyx5

@johnnyx5 said:
@dbvse7 said:

Some could say the same about Black

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnyx5 said:
@comicace3 said:
@johnnyx5 said:
@dbvse7 said:

Some? The only people who say that are the white devils!

I kid btw.

Johnnyx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicace3:

@johnnyx5 said:
@comicace3 said:
@johnnyx5 said:
@dbvse7 said:

I kid btw.

That is 100% False. Many other Races call out on Blacks Devils to. It's just blacks like to keep the Battle between Whites more because easier to win with the Race card.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369  Edited By comicace3

@johnnyx5 said:

@comicace3:

@comicace3 said:
@johnnyx5 said:
@comicace3 said:
@johnnyx5 said:
@dbvse7 said:

I kid btw.

That is 100% False. Many other Races call out on Blacks Devils to. It's just blacks like to keep the Battle between Whites more because easier to win with the Race card.

Let me rephrase my statement. Most of the white devils call blacks the devils! There. Now it makes it less than 100% false. Probably just decreased the falseness by 90%.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnyx5 said:

@comicace3:

@comicace3 said:
@johnnyx5 said:
@comicace3 said:
@johnnyx5 said:
@dbvse7 said:

I kid btw.

Oh the irony......

To be honest, this is just like reading the argument of an SJW, just of a different social/political viewpoint.

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnyx5 said:
No Caption Provided

And who's playing the race card here?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: It reminds me of people that force their beliefs on others while accusing others of doing so.

And you know, this is just ignoring the archetype response of generalizing black people while trying (and failing) to take an objective stance, but whatever.

Johnnyx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Johnnyx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83:

@johnnyx5 said:

@comicace3:

@comicace3 said:
@johnnyx5 said:
@comicace3 said:
@johnnyx5 said:
@dbvse7 said:

I kid btw.

Oh the irony......

To be honest, this is just like reading the argument of an SJW, just of a different social/political viewpoint.

You are more than welcome to correct it. Everything on this thread is really a different social/political viewpoint.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#375  Edited By cameron83
@johnnyx5 said:

@cameron83:

@cameron83 said:
@johnnyx5 said:

@comicace3:

@comicace3 said:
@johnnyx5 said:
@comicace3 said:
@johnnyx5 said:
@dbvse7 said:

I kid btw.

Oh the irony......

You are more than welcome to correct it. Everything on this thread is really a different social/political viewpoint.

Yet not everyone on this thread makes ridiculously asinine remarks such as this:

Honestly, I expected such a remark from an 11 year old that barely understands social issues or someone from TheAmericanThinker, but hey, whatever....I don't really feel like arguing.

And yes, everyone has a different viewpoint. But SJW's are renowned for their terrible arguments and extremisms, some that are thinly veiled as "logical".

But hey, if some people still want to believe that black people are only known for poverty, crime, and pulling the race card (while secretly or openly hating "da white man"), then that's their belief. Maybe they can have a laugh with other logical intellects such as Bill O' Reilly.....

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:
@granitesoldier said:

Mmmh, fair enough.

Also, it is quite awesome to have part Native-American heritage and some awareness on your roots; I don't have much solid insight into my ancestry, although it continues to fascinate me. I might try and get a DNA test and look into this shit..

My great grandmother was full blooded Cherokee, though to look at me, you would never know=)

Johnnyx5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: @cameron83: And the liberal wants to get personal because he cannit defend his case.

But hey, if some people still want to believe that black people are only known for poverty, crime ?

that's all in your head bro ^. Nobody said blacks are the only ones responsible for crime. You have no one to pull the race card but yourself for creating a problem that doesn't exist. And try learning a 2nd language. You will then understand that it's not just one race that talks about others.

makhai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wyldsong said:
@frozen said:

Mmmh, fair enough.

My great grandmother was full blooded Cherokee, though to look at me, you would never know=)

Omit the 'great' and I would start to think you are ripping off my shtick. :p

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#379 Lunacyde  Moderator

Sadly I am not part Native-American.

I find their culture fascinating.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380  Edited By cameron83

@johnnyx5 said:

@cameron83: @cameron83: And the liberal wants to get personal because he cannit defend his case.

Well I'm not really trying to defend a case for starters, so it's like you just pulled that...out of nowhere. And secondly, I'm not a liberal, so....massive fail on your part, not that I needed to say that.

But hey, if some people still want to believe that black people are only known for poverty, crime ?

that's all in your head bro ^. Nobody said blacks are the only ones responsible for crime. You have no one to pull the race card but yourself for creating a problem that doesn't exist. And try learning a 2nd language.You will then understand that it's not just one race that talks about others.

Actually, many people still do believe such things. I should know from exposure, personal experience, common sense, etc. Now, if I said that "most people" assume such things, then you would have a point. But clearly, you don't (at least, not one relevant to my point). Speaking of, I never claimed that you or anyone on this site even said such things, and if you assumed such (which, it seems you did), then you probably skimmed or misread (or made some other error along the way). The point was to show you how remarkably similar the sentiments in your posts were to similar views, and hell, I even made that more apparent with the Bill namedrop, which I hope you also don't think means that I think that you are Bill in disguise.

Furthermore, I actually didn't pull "the race card" (and wtf does that even mean? Usually I hear people say that when they don't want to hear about America's dark history and its modern day impact), even though this is "The Race Thread". The irony of the situation is that you are literally the one that has done anything close to "pulling a race card" by making a ridiculously asinine post pointed out above. And speaking of, did you actually read anything that I said, or did you just stick your head in the sand, close your ears, and then make some irrelevant response? (<<<yes, that is rhetorical. Unfortunately, I must point that out).

Literally half of your post is irrelevant to anything that I said (it's like we're not even having the same conversation). I don't know how the underlined part made any sense or is relevant to anything I said here.....are you talking about things like poverty and whatnot? I'm not sure how I can "pull a race card" for creating "a problem that doesn't exist". I literally don't know......how that remotely makes any sense.

Lastly, you don't need a second language to know that. Hell, I knew that when I was 7. But when a person says something that literally contradicts the notion behind that view, then I think that they must have some disorder if they can't see the obvious contradiction.

I never understood why it was so hard for people to actually read and comprehend rather than make extraneous and tenuous assumptions, but whatever. That's not my heartache.

Too long; Didn't Read lulz

Nothing you said was relevant to my points. Like, nothing. It's like you mixed up my post with someone else's, or you just have no idea what the discussion topic is...which wouldn't be surprising considering your posts above. To be honest, I am a bit baffled about where any of that came from. It's like your post is a textbook example of a Non-Sequitur.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@makhai said:
@wyldsong said:
@frozen said:

Mmmh, fair enough.

Omit the 'great' and I would start to think you are ripping off my shtick. :p

Lol=)

Nope, can't claim anymore than that, so your shtick is safe=)

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382  Edited By OkRaider88

Racism is stupid and needs to die a quick (bullet to the head) death.

If you're posting here and you're younger than 30, you can end this crap in your generation. Don't believe the things your parents told you about other races, because most every person you'll meet from another race - your age - will prove everything they told you dead wrong. Our parents are d-bags on the topic of race, and our grandparents are even bigger d-bags. Not to say I don't love my parents and grandparents, but I don't want their racist baggage. I want the racism of their generation to be gone when they are gone. If you already have kids, don't fail them by teaching them that people are really the same regardless of what their epidermal characteristics happen to be.

I've discovered that every person I've ever reached out to, regardless of race, culture, or ethnicity, has been really cool once I got to know them, and vice versa. We had stereotypes about each other that we sometimes had to overcome but, to a person, most people just want to get past the idiocy of racism. Nearly all of my lifelong friends were, and are, of a different race/ethnicity than me. Probably due to where I've lived (diverse city) or my occupation (technology/finance), but it's given a hopeful perspective in the area of that ignorant, ill-defined term: "race".

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Racism is stupid and needs to die a quick (bullet to the head) death.

If you're posting here and you're younger than 30, you can end this crap in your generation. Don't believe the things your parents told you about other races, because most every person you'll meet from another race - your age - will prove everything they told you dead wrong. Our parents are d-bags on the topic of race, and our grandparents are even bigger d-bags. Not to say I don't love my parents and grandparents, but I don't want their racist baggage. I want the racism of their generation to be gone when they are gone. If you already have kids, don't fail them by teaching them that people are really the same regardless of what their epidermal characteristics happen to be.

I've discovered that every person I've ever reached out to, regardless of race, culture, or ethnicity, has been really cool once I got to know them, and vice versa. We had stereotypes about each other that we sometimes had to overcome but, to a person, most people just want to get past the idiocy of racism.

This is a really nice sentiment but completely unrealistic. Racism is partly due to ignorance. Some ignorance is unavoidable. many whites don't see minorities except on rap videos, sports or the news. Look at the stat below". There are entire states that are white only. As long as segregation exist then so will racism. It's not any ones fault in this case. Because many minorities have no desire to live in North Dakota or Wyoming etc

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0019.pdf

OkRaider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384  Edited By OkRaider88

@pooty: Yeah, but look at the populations of those states? Is it a coincidence that in densely populated cities, where people are very geographically close, and have to live and work together, there are more progressive attitudes towards "racial" issues than in isolated communities? Education level is another differentiator when comparing groups' racial attitudes. CNN keeps reporting a poll where 57% of Americans polled stated that the Confederate Flag was a symbol of Southern Heritage rather than racism. But that poll cited that among Whites polled, those without college educations were overwhelming in their belief that the Confederate flag is not racist by a 73% to 18% margin (the rest undecided). Whites with college degrees in the poll were more evenly split (51% vs 41% said the flag stood for Southern pride, the rest were undecided).

My sentiment doesn't seem realistic to your life experience, and it won't change the fact that there are brain-wastes still walking around and procreating. But I have made those choices in my life (to reach out to people physically different from myself), and what I wrote has been my life experience because of it. It can be yours as well.

(But you will catch crap from people from your "own" group).

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dogsoldier88: s it a coincidence that in densely populated cities, where people are very geographically close, and have to live and work together, there are more progressive attitudes towards "racial" issues than in isolated communities?

No it's not a coincidence. If you work with and are around people of other races you will see that everyone is basically the same. But there are many places where you don't interact with people who are different. Also, people of similar income live together. Most minorities are poorer so they live together. Middle class whites live with whites

There are some middle of the road places where white children are growing up next door to black children like Bedford or Garfield(i live in ohio). Those kids won't really know what racism is and it's good to see. I think with every new generation racism will be left in the past. But i'm under 30 and I don't see it ending in my generation. But as individuals we can do our part.

Avatar image for kid_deadpoolofficial
Kid_DeadpoolOfficial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People around the world should like each other not hate one another. This thread kinda make those people hate each other. XD

Peace bruhs...............

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389  Edited By cameron83
@sophia89 said:

@static_shock: There was no law against a free Black man, there were more free white people because free white people came to the Americas, if a free Black man came to the colonies he would have the same rights as the white man.

Are we recalling the same history or not at all? That is an incredibly naive and delusional frame of things. This may sound surprising, but blacks were not that popular back then. If they didn't get treated as equals in the 1930s, how the hell would they have had it in the times when slavery was still active?? dafuq??? Weren't these the days that, whether you were free or not, you could still be lynched (and that was pretty much an acceptable status quo)? Or did you think that they treated blacks as they do today or........?

I am so miserably confused and baffled because this is almost surreal.

If you tell me a single case where a free Black american was attacked and forced as a slave I'll withdraw my point.

Wasn't there a popular movie based off of this? lol

@sophia89 said:
@cameron83 said:

I literally am not sure what you are getting at (and I have a feeling that a lot of that was irrelevant ), but whatever.

You're right, this was an A OK tweet, but would you feel the same if Ben Garrison had posted it? How would you react if a white famous guy tweeted "Why are black guys celebrating the 4th? It's a white man's holiday."

Personally, if you agree with the tweet, then that is fine, but I don't. As others said, his tweet can be unnecessarily divisive, and they are a bit extreme for my liking. However, that's literally not what Chris Rock said......so if Ben Garrison said it, it probably not going to get a good reaction. And no, it's not because he's white. That would be pulling "the race card". It's because Chris Rock's point was that, at the time, a vast number of people weren't considered "free" and had nothing really to celebrate. To say that they are the same would mean a lesson in English.

However, I doubt that you really agree with him, because so far your posts in this thread seem to either be naive and delusional, or they just vaguely paint a picture.....

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:
@cameron83 said:
@sophia89 said:

@static_shock: There was no law against a free Black man, there were more free white people because free white people came to the Americas, if a free Black man came to the colonies he would have the same rights as the white man.

Are we recalling the same history or not at all? That is an incredibly naive and delusional frame of things. This may sound surprising, but blacks were not that popular back then. If they didn't get treated as equals in the 1930s, how the hell would they have had it in the times when slavery was still active?? dafuq??? Weren't these the days that, whether you were free or not, you could still be lynched (and that was pretty much an acceptable status quo)? Or did you think that they treated blacks as they do today or........?

I am so miserably confused and baffled because this is almost surreal.

If you tell me a single case where a free Black american was attacked and forced as a slave I'll withdraw my point.

Wasn't there a popular movie based off of this? lol

@sophia89 said:
@cameron83 said:

You're right, this was an A OK tweet, but would you feel the same if Ben Garrison had posted it? How would you react if a white famous guy tweeted "Why are black guys celebrating the 4th? It's a white man's holiday."

Personally, if you agree with the tweet, then that is fine, but I don't. As others said, his tweet can be unnecessarily divisive, and they are a bit extreme for my liking. However, that's literally not what Chris Rock said......so if Ben Garrison said it, it probably not going to get a good reaction. And no, it's not because he's white. That would be pulling "the race card". It's because Chris Rock's point was that, at the time, a vast number of people weren't considered "free" and had nothing really to celebrate.

However, I doubt that you really agree with him, because so far your posts in this thread seem to either be naive and delusional, or they just vaguely paint a picture.....

Learn history from books, not movies then comeback. Cause right now you're embarrassing yourself, unless you're a liberal in which case go back to reddit where your ideas>actual facts.

12 Years A Slave was based off of a memoir of the same name in which a free black man was kidnapped and sold as a slave, in which he was forced to be for 12 years....you must be joking.

Secondly, it's ironic that you say that when your recalling of the events in history seem to align with wishful thinking. The fact is that America's history is horrible and dark. On every level, this is especially apparent in times like the 1800s.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393  Edited By cameron83

Anyway, in regards to the topic in general, I commonly find a trend between obtuse people and a lack of understanding in racial matters.....it is an interesting trend, but they seem to not take a lot of effort to understand the other side' point. It's rather interesting, and I've noticed over the past 5 years or so of my life. It's probably nothing, but I can't be the only one that noticed it....

@pooty said:

@dogsoldier88: s it a coincidence that in densely populated cities, where people are very geographically close, and have to live and work together, there are more progressive attitudes towards "racial" issues than in isolated communities?

No it's not a coincidence. If you work with and are around people of other races you will see that everyone is basically the same. But there are many places where you don't interact with people who are different. Also, people of similar income live together. Most minorities are poorer so they live together. Middle class whites live with whites

There are some middle of the road places where white children are growing up next door to black children like Bedford or Garfield(i live in ohio). Those kids won't really know what racism is and it's good to see. I think with every new generation racism will be left in the past. But i'm under 30 and I don't see it ending in my generation. But as individuals we can do our part.

So much truth in this. This may be a ridiculous question, but would you happen to be able to take an educated guess at the attitudes that the almost exclusively white states have towards racial issues?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

GOD when will reddit users migrate back to it and stop plaguing the net.

Here is the super accurate movie that you're using for your point:

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/10/how-em-12-years-a-slave-em-gets-history-right-by-getting-it-wrong/280911/

http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/12-years-a-slave.php

Actual history:

A black man was tricked into getting kidnapped, once the law knew he was a free man he was released. Not a black man got attacked and despite knowing he was free the law was meh keep him a slave.

Actual history:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2015/04/did-you-know-the-first-legal-slave-owner-in-america-was-black/

Funny how 1600s had a black man owning land and having slaves instead. Huh guess 1600s's tolerance>today's tolerance.

Funny how actual history ruins your idea of history based on movies :/

Did you notice that I said nothing about "a black man was attacked and kept as a slave contrary to law"?

That is because I'm talking about the memoirs, not the events in the movie. The memoirs (which was made in the 1800s) is also titled "12 Years A Slave". If I were using the movie itself as a sole basis for my argument, then you might come closer to having a valid point (but at the same time, zero times zero is still zero). But you don't even have that, so I can't really say much else.

And I literally don't know how black people owning slaves is supposed to be more tolerant than today's tolerance. That literally didn't make any sense for, if there were truly tolerance, then no one would own slaves (and tolerance, in this context, implies equality and freedom, which is literally the antithesis of slavery). But sure, I am guessing that legal slavery is more socially progressive than not.

Honestly, I don't know why reading comprehension is so hard on the internet, I truly don't. Even if I was basing it solely on the movie, that doesn't really mean much to anything in regards to my posts.

Lastly, I don't even know what Reddit is, but I truly don't care.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89 said:

And? Free Blacks were still a minority compared to enslaved Blacks.

@sophia89 said:

Black people weren't natives to the Americas, they were bought from Black merchants who already had them as slaves in Africa to the Americas, so they were brought into the country as slaves therefore they remained as slaves.

Right, which is why most Blacks in the Americas at the time, were slaves.

@sophia89 said:

Not even sure why this matters, because it doesn't refute anything. Not to mention that you already brought up a similar case to this, regarding Solomon Northup.

This is something you clearly don't grasp, so I'm going to let you believe that you know what you're talking about from this point on. Deuces.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398  Edited By cameron83

@sophia89 said:

@cameron83: Anyways lets stop, I'm talking to static/king not you.

Don't like Reddit or liberals, arguing with one is a waste of time.

I already stated that I'm not one, but your posts seem way...off. Don't take that to be an act of aggression from me (because I really don't intend it to be), but you seem like the type of person that blatantly misses the point, which is made even more unusual with your opposition. It's pretty much like you haphazardly label things as "liberal" so long as they don't agree with you without even taking the effort to understand the point or even assess if it is valid. Again, I don't mean this to sound condescending, and I truly don't know you to make such a speculative assumption, but it's still just a thought.

And I don't know how you assume such, but whatever (and I still don't know what Reddit is). But anyway, I guess that's it from me (since you're talking to Stat)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#399 vance_astro  Moderator

This has nothing to do with race but the U.S. won the World Cup....that is all.