The pros and cons of having a "secret identity" for superheroes

Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Paracelsus

The forums have been filled with pros and cons of having a secret identity for superheroes/heroines. To my mind, the disadvantages of "going public" outweigh the advantages of having such a move. Firstly there is the obvious risk not just to your own security but of friends, family members and even neighbours/workmates/ casual acquaintances( just imagine what it would be like if "ordinary crooks" far less super villains could find you in the phone book or just by Googling your name).

This may NOT be a big deal for say the Fantastic Four(who've never been in the "secret identity business" anyway), but a price has to be paid- Franklin and Valeria Richards are virtually incarcerated in the Baxter Building, desprived of being able to go to school, play with other children, just as their parents/uncles can't even go to the supermarket or to Church/synagogue on a regular basis without risking the safety of their fellow shoppers/worshippers. And of course there is the paparazzi(or "stalkerazzi" as the late Princess Diana dubbed them) always waiting to capture your most embarassing move for posterity and post it on YouTube for all to see( Johnny Storm aka "The Human Torch" caught answering "the call of nature!").

No to my mind, "going public" creates more problems than it solves!

Anybody else think as I do?

Terry

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RedOwl_1