The Phantom Pain = Next Metal Gear Solid??

PlasticBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By PlasticBag

During the 2012 Video Game Awards a trailer for The Phantom Pain was premiered. It seemed very "different" and now fans are saying it's MGS5 or Ground Zero code named!? When I first saw the world premiere I didn't think much. Now I am kinda surprised and hoping that it is a new project.

Moby Dick Studios is a non existent Swedish studio led by Joakim Mogren. Joakim is an anagram for Kojima... Hideo Kojima. Mogren contains the word Ogre, which might refer to Project Ogre which Kojima was working on... -- From ZoominGames (video source)

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Samimista

I'm surprised too. Did a blog of it on here. The thought of it being an MGS game never crossed my mind til the next morning.

PlasticBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PlasticBag

@Samimista said:

I'm surprised too. Did a blog of it on here. The thought of it being an MGS game never crossed my mind til the next morning.

Yea the guy crawling didn't seem to great until I looked at his hair and it does seem pretty similar to Solids.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Samimista

@PlasticBag said:

@Samimista said:

Yea the guy crawling didn't seem to great until I looked at his hair and it does seem pretty similar to Solids.

I don't think it's David (Solid). Phantom Pain is a syndrome. After the removal of an eye you can hallucinate. As for when exactly after the removal of an eye I have no clue. But, you never know.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Inverno

I still think this is a independent game that happens to be set in the Metal Gear Universe.

PlasticBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PlasticBag

@Samimista said:

@PlasticBag said:

@Samimista said:

I don't think it's David (Solid). Phantom Pain is a syndrome. After the removal of an eye you can hallucinate. As for when exactly after the removal of an eye I have no clue. But, you never know.

Most speculation I've seen is that it is either Solid Snake or Big Boss.

@CaioTrubat: Could be. Who do you think that was crawling around?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Samimista

@PlasticBag said:

@Samimista said:

@PlasticBag said:

@Samimista said:

Most speculation I've seen is that it is either Solid Snake or Big Boss.

@CaioTrubat: Could be. Who do you think that was crawling around?

Big Boss makes more sense in my opinion. Though one of the theories is this revolves around Les Terribles Efants so if that's the case we'll get a reference of Solid and Liquid. The doctor in the beginning is most likely Kio Marv from the original Metal Gear games.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Inverno

@PlasticBag: Well my guess is that this is whole new protagonist and this game probably must take place after Guns of the Patriots, so I don't think he might be Big Boss or Solid Snake.

PlasticBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PlasticBag

@Samimista: Hmm interesting.@CaioTrubat: Sure hope not kinda would be disappointing if it wasn't Snake, but oh well.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By ssejllenrad

Why are they not showing the face of the protagonist if not to tease? Seems like they are giving some effort in trying to "hide" his identity.

PlasticBag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PlasticBag

@ssejllenrad said:

Why are they not showing the face of the protagonist if not to tease? Seems like they are giving some effort in trying to "hide" his identity.

Yup. But the real question who is he?