.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

PARASOLS! 
 PARASOLS! 
It's rare that I will take the time and effort to promote a novel, even if I am a rampant reader who consumes books faster than a block of good chocolate, but these simply need to be promoted!  

I discovered these through my darling husband who spotted the novel in a magazine we occasionally get Sci Fi Now he ranted at me about it and ended up making me "begrudgingly" purchase the books from our local Waterstones, after a few failed starts on other books I deigned to pick up the book and give my whining husband a chance to thrill me with his suggestions.. and by god did he ever! 

For those of us who are madly in love with Mr Darcy, long to be part of a world where a day dress is formed with silk and taffeta teamed with a darling little hat, bustle and pair of hand woven gloves, where men were men who fought for your honour and tipped their hats at you then these books are the right direction.. but then the wonderful Author Gail Carriger decided to add a little bit of Supernatural, some handsome as hell Werewolves (that leave our darling Mr Darcy wanting), a flamboyantly gay Vampire, a lead character who is curvy, smart and just a bit lacking in the SOUL department...rounded off with a dollop of Steampunk... you get one of the most amazing stories I have ever read! 

I have not stopped gushing since I began reading them and am now onto the third book, having been left with a breathtaking cliffhanger, I simply do not have much more time to write this blog as I have a book to read! 

Beware the Octopus...
 Beware the Octopus...
I have yet to allow husband to read them as he is hoeing through his own Drizzt books so I can not say if they are "male" suitable, but I can tell you they are superbly written, with great wit and class, deep and well thought out character description, exquisite settings, delightful humour... god I could go on.. Just go out and get them and start reading NOW! they are not for the faint of heart, the detail and description is wordy and well thought out, so if your used to reading simply books, I would avoid ;)
Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Queen's Halo

OMG! I love this book. I had to read something for school so I picked this (ironically because of the cover.) I have the two other books as well, but I haven't had time to read them yet. I so agree with you about this. 

PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By PRIMAV3RA

i love this book too! 

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Queen's Halo said:
" OMG! I love this book. I had to read something for school so I picked this (ironically because of the cover.) I have the two other books as well, but I haven't had time to read them yet. I so agree with you about this.  "
OH YAY! another fan!!! I thought I was the only one >.<  

The story just keeps getting better! 
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PRIMAV3RA said:
" i love this book too!  "
Have you read all of em? :D
PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PRIMAV3RA
@.Mistress Redhead.: i only read the first one, and i have the other two on hold at the library, should have them in a week. ! :)
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PRIMAV3RA said:
" @.Mistress Redhead.: i only read the first one, and i have the other two on hold at the library, should have them in a week. ! :) "
BRILL!! they just keep getting better!! the second one is amazing, I am just onto the third! How in love with Lord Maccon are you? lol
Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Queen's Halo

Just ordered the 4th book so I'm gonna go read the rest. ... Oh no I can't! I have to read Truth and Justice.

PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PRIMAV3RA
@.Mistress Redhead.: haha madly in love, madly
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Queen's Halo said:
" Just ordered the 4th book so I'm gonna go read the rest. ... Oh no I can't! I have to read Truth and Justice. "
OH noes! is that for school? 

@PRIMAV3RA said:
" @.Mistress Redhead.: haha madly in love, madly "
ME TOO! though I can compare him to hubby nicely as he is Scottish ;p
Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Queen's Halo
@.Mistress Redhead.:  Yeah, literature class is hell - 6 weeks to read 6 books. It's not that bad really - at least I don't have to read Dostoevsky or Balzac anymore.
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Queen's Halo said:
" @.Mistress Redhead.:  Yeah, literature class is hell - 6 weeks to read 6 books. It's not that bad really - at least I don't have to read Dostoevsky or Balzac anymore. "
god, do not even talk to me about Dostoevsky... shudders
Poppetude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Poppetude

Ooo I love having new books recommended! I'll def give these a go :)

.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Poppetude said:
" Ooo I love having new books recommended! I'll def give these a go :) "
^_^
PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PRIMAV3RA
@.Mistress Redhead.: im semi nervous i heard that i forgot in the second or third book the relationship turns sour between them :[
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PRIMAV3RA said:
" @.Mistress Redhead.: im semi nervous i heard that i forgot in the second or third book the relationship turns sour between them :[ "
I AM NOT SAYING ANYTHING ;p
PRIMAV3RA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PRIMAV3RA
@.Mistress Redhead.: Why will no none ever indulge my spoilers, IM FAINT OF HEART :P