#1 Edited by TifaLockhart (14117 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay!

#2 Posted by ShadowX (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the appreciation lol ^.^

#3 Posted by TifaLockhart (14117 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx: No problem. I imagine you get enough nonsense over expressing who you are.

#4 Edited by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

We have too many appreciation threads. There should be one official appreciation thread, or the appreciation board.

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

We have too many appreciation threads. There should be one official appreciation thread, or the appreciation board.

APPRECIATION THREAD APPRECIATION THREAD 2013

#6 Posted by TifaLockhart (14117 posts) - - Show Bio

I appreciate it.

#7 Edited by ShadowX (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_last_son_of_czarnia: thanks I wish I could fully expresa myself though. I'm still trying to get my mom to accept it

#8 Edited by TifaLockhart (14117 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx: I know the feeling kinda. Best of luck.

#9 Posted by SOG7dc (7829 posts) - - Show Bio

really?

#10 Posted by TifaLockhart (14117 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by SOG7dc (7829 posts) - - Show Bio

im gonna start a "people with hairy legs appreciation thread"

#12 Edited by TifaLockhart (14117 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: 2words for you: Bianca Freire.

#13 Edited by SOG7dc (7829 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by ShadowX (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Whats gross?

#15 Edited by SOG7dc (7829 posts) - - Show Bio

everything about this thread lol

#16 Edited by laflux (17531 posts) - - Show Bio

If I click on a thread about Trans Girls, then I expect to see pictures of Trans girls. What a let down...........

#17 Posted by ShadowX (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: we are more than are looks but if you must see a picture i'm a trans girl and the avatar is a pic of me. Knock yourself out

@sog7dc: what appreciating trans girls? Who are a huge minority especially Trans woman of color? The social group with thee highest suicide rates, and is often subject to physical And social violence. Oh yeah its real gross to show appreciation for somebody that struggles so much.

Or do you mean trans girls themselves? If so, I will let you know I'm not gross, I'm very clean kind and considerate.

#18 Edited by SOG7dc (7829 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx said:

@laflux: we are more than are looks but if you must see a picture i'm a trans girl and the avatar is a pic of me. Knock yourself out

@sog7dc: what appreciating trans girls? Who are a huge minority especially Trans woman of color? The social group with thee highest suicide rates, and is often subject to physical And social violence. Oh yeah its real gross to show appreciation for somebody that struggles so much.

Or do you mean trans girls themselves? If so, I will let you know I'm not gross, I'm very clean kind and considerate.

its gross to appreciate someone who chooses to struggle so much. nobody makes you act like girl or a guy when that's not biologically who you are. and no one makes you kill yourself.

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

If I click on thread about Trans Girls, then I expect to see pictures of Trans girls. What a let down...........

yea this isn't even a respect thread. It's a thread and that's it. Where's the trans girl feats?

Moderator
#20 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

@shadowx said:

@laflux: we are more than are looks but if you must see a picture i'm a trans girl and the avatar is a pic of me. Knock yourself out

@sog7dc: what appreciating trans girls? Who are a huge minority especially Trans woman of color? The social group with thee highest suicide rates, and is often subject to physical And social violence. Oh yeah its real gross to show appreciation for somebody that struggles so much.

Or do you mean trans girls themselves? If so, I will let you know I'm not gross, I'm very clean kind and considerate.

its gross to appreciate someone who chooses to struggle so much. nobody makes you act like girl or a guy when that's not biologically who you are. and no one makes you kill yourself.

Are you fcking kidding me? People like you ACTUALLY exist in 2013?
I agreed with you about the excess of Appreciation Threads this site has, but your gross comment was really out of line dude. The only thing gross in this thread is how inconsiderate you, a human being, can be towards another human being over who they want to be or who they want to be with.

#21 Edited by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio

@nlghtcrawler said:

Are you fcking kidding me? People like you ACTUALLY exist in 2013?

I agreed with you about the excess of Appreciation Threads this site has, but your

gross

comment was really out of line dude. The only thing gross in this thread is how inconsiderate you, a human being, can be towards another human being over who they want to be or who they want to be with.

Chill.

Moderator
#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux am I bugging out or do you and Deranged Midget have the same avatar?

Moderator
#23 Edited by laflux (17531 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx said:

@laflux: we are more than are looks but if you must see a picture i'm a trans girl and the avatar is a pic of me. Knock yourself out

I know, I only really said that as an direct counter @sog7dc inconsiderate comments. I'm certainly not forcing anyone to post any pictures- for now :P

Speaking of which

@sog7dc said:

its gross to appreciate someone who chooses to struggle so much. nobody makes you act like girl or a guy when that's not biologically who you are and no one makes you kill yourself.

Are you trolling, an idiot, or both? Usually I would apologize for using language, but no. You do realize that in many countries, including the country where my Mum and my Dad's parents were born- that being Gay, let alone a trans, warrants death, lashing or a lengthy prison sentence? That even in the U.K, a friend of mine who had issues along this line, tried to commit suicide because of the abuse he received? People choose to struggle like this because that its who they are. How would like it if society pressured you be someone you didn't want to be, even from only a sexual perceptive (I'm assuming your straight, right). Imagine being forced to try to have feelings you simply don't, being pressured to be with guys, even if you were into girls. The idea that people should simply chose the easy way out, by just grinning and bearing it, is either moronically stupid, or straight out macabre. Take your pick.

This is usually were I put an "obvious troll is obvious" meme, or "I see stupid people" gif. From what you just posted, you don't even measure up to that.........

#24 Posted by ShadowX (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc: Okay listen here. I didnt choose to struggle. I didnt choose to have these feelings ever aince I was a little kid, question who I was and ultimately live in ailence about it hating thosse thoughts. Untill I understood that I can't change who I am in my mind. I tries fitting in as a guy and I was severly depressed, i am much happier accepting myself than being forced to conform despite the struggles I face. Its not my fault that bigots can't accept people who are differnt. And lastly thosse of us who do commit suicide are driven by societys lack of underatanding, tje violence against us, it becomes overwhelming. Suicide is never the person who commits its fault, yes. Its the society that abandons and attacks them fault.

Lastly this is an appreiciation page, if you disagree then dont comment alright.

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio

This is becoming a circus. I don't want to have to lock this.

Moderator
#26 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: @nlghtcrawler: Hey, the guy's allowed to have an opinion, alright? Don't critisize him because it's different than yours.

#27 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: It's obvious this thread was going to start an argument. You should've locked it the second you saw it.

#28 Edited by ShadowX (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: lol alright

@vance_astro: im assuming this is a funny comment but i can post feats by some amazing trans woman if you want kind sir.

#29 Posted by laflux (17531 posts) - - Show Bio

This is becoming a circus. I don't want to have to lock this.

The response was passionate I admit, but the person showed a basic disregard for decency, which was distasteful, even by internet standards.......

#30 Posted by SOG7dc (7829 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@laflux: @nlghtcrawler: Hey, the guy's allowed to have an opinion, alright? Don't critisize him because it's different than yours.

I respect most opinions that are different than mine but when someone openly states that a trans or gay who takes their own life has no one to blame but themselves, that's when respect gets thrown out the window. And yes, i'm the one who received a warning on this thread, no less by a mod who has threatened to shut this thread down should others like me state their own opinion (also judging by the lack of warning towards to OP)

#32 Edited by The Stegman (25494 posts) - - Show Bio

What does this thread and The Hindenburg have in common?

Both were doomed the moment they were created and will end in flames.

#34 Edited by SOG7dc (7829 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx:

ur right.im gonna start putting white baby powder on my face. im a white man in a blac mans body......but that's stupid isn't it?

@laflux

"Are you trolling, an idiot, or both? Usually I would apologize for using language, but no. You do realize that in many countries, including the country where my Mum and my Dad's parents were born- that being Gay, let alone a trans, warrants death, lashing or a lengthy prison sentence? That even in the U.K, a friend of mine who had issues along this line, tried to commit suicide because of the abuse he received? People choose to struggle like this because that its who they are. How would like it if society pressured you be someone you didn't want to be, even from only a sexual perceptive (I'm assuming your straight, right). Imagine being forced to try to have feelings you simply don't, being pressured to be with guys, even if you were into girls. The idea that people should simply chose the easy way out, by just grinning and bearing it, is either moronically stupid, or straight out macabre. Take your pick.

This is usually were I put an "obvious troll is obvious" meme, or "I see stupid people" gif. From what you just posted, you don't even measure up to that........."

1.doing that to people because of the CHOICES they make is wrong because those choices don't hurt anybody but themselves.

2. HE TRIED TO COMMIT SUICIDE nobody else made him do it. that's a choice that he made.

#35 Edited by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@vance_astro: It's obvious this thread was going to start an argument. You should've locked it the second you saw it.

I didn't assume this thread would start and argument because it shouldn't. It's a respect thread. If you want to debate the particulars of transsexualism (generally speaking not directed at you) then you have to roll.

@sog7dc said:

@nlghtcrawler:

I agree with you. its who they WANT to be

Please stop posting in this thread. You're causing an argument and that's not really where what you have a problem with is to be argued.

@laflux said:

The response was passionate I admit, but the person showed a basic disregard for decency, which was distasteful, even by internet standards.......

I understand I just want everyone who responded to what was said to move on now. I'll handle whomever is causing the problem.

Moderator
#36 Posted by SOG7dc (7829 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam said:

@vance_astro: It's obvious this thread was going to start an argument. You should've locked it the second you saw it.

I didn't assume this thread would start and argument because it shouldn't. It's a respect thread. If you want to debate the particulars of transsexualism (generally speaking not directed at you) then you have to roll.

@sog7dc

said:

@nlghtcrawler:

I agree with you. its who they WANT to be

Please stop posting in this thread. You're causing an argument and that's not really where what you have a problem with is to be argued.

@laflux

said:

The response was passionate I admit, but the person showed a basic disregard for decency, which was distasteful, even by internet standards.......

I understand I just want everyone who responded to what was said to move on now. I'll handle whomever is causing the problem.

my opinion isn't allowed in a public forum? ok ill leave

#37 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

@nlghtcrawler: If you disagree, then politely do so. He isn't critisizing you on your views, is he?

#38 Posted by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

my opinion isn't allowed in a public forum? ok ill leave

No, What you're giving your opinion ON isn't allowed in THIS thread.

Moderator
#39 Edited by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: This is an appreciation thread is this not? Don't you think you should be warning the guy actively being a disrespectful *** towards this thread's target instead of me and laflux? I am done with this thread and won't post anymore so you, a mod, can allow others to freely state their disrespectful and social backwards opinions and then blame anyone for stating their personal opinions against said user for locking this thread. Stay classy.

#40 Posted by Racob7 (6000 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

im gonna start a "people with hairy legs appreciation thread"

Awwww, you appreciate me?

#41 Posted by SOG7dc (7829 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

my opinion isn't allowed in a public forum? ok ill leave

No, What you're giving your opinion ON isn't allowed in THIS thread.

lol so my opinion about what this thread is about isn't allowed? ill leave but don't ask me to leave for a bs reason like that. ive made threads where people disagreed with me and did I cry and moan? no. because this whole site is about opinions and debate...but I can see that doesn't apply in "THIS" thread so, as I said before, ill leave

#42 Edited by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio

@nlghtcrawler said:

@vance_astro: This is an appreciation thread is this not? Don't you think you should be warning the guy actively being a disrespectful *** towards this thread's target instead of me and laflux? I am done with this thread and won't post anymore so you, a mod, can allow others to freely state their disrespectful and social backwards opinions and then blame anyone for stating their personal opinions against said user for locking this thread. Stay classy.

When I said "stop posting in this thread", I wasn't talking to you.I was talking to the guy causing the problem. I don't know where you're getting I targeted you or laflux...

Moderator
#43 Edited by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (10686 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool

#44 Edited by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

lol so my opinion about what this thread is about isn't allowed? ill leave but don't ask me to leave for a bs reason like that. ive made threads where people disagreed with me and did I cry and moan? no. because this whole site is about opinions and debate...but I can see that doesn't apply in "THIS" thread so, as I said before, ill leave

NO! it's not, isn't that what I just said? Do you know how a RESPECT THREAD works? Stop trying to make excuses for what you're doing. It's wrong. You don't get to come in a respect thread and give your opinion about what the respect thread is about, it's irrelevant to the thread. If you don't know how a respect thread works then look them up in our directory and get a clue.

Moderator
#45 Posted by SOG7dc (7829 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

lol so my opinion about what this thread is about isn't allowed? ill leave but don't ask me to leave for a bs reason like that. ive made threads where people disagreed with me and did I cry and moan? no. because this whole site is about opinions and debate...but I can see that doesn't apply in "THIS" thread so, as I said before, ill leave

NO! it's not, isn't that what I just said? Do you know how a RESPECT THREAD works? Stop trying to make excuses for what you're doing. It's wrong. You don't get to come in a respect thread and give your opinion about what the respect thread is about, it's irrelevant to the thread. If you don't know how a respect thread works then look them up in our directory and get a clue.

whoa. I could literally pick out hundreds of "respect" or "appreciation" threads where there has been a difference of opinion than in the op. and as far as the underlined statement....what if I agreed and gave my opinion? like I said before ill leave but stop replying to me and don't give me a bs reason why I should leave

#46 Edited by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

whoa. I could literally pick out hundreds of "respect" or "appreciation" threads where there has been a difference of opinion than in the op. and as far as the underlined statement....what if I agreed and gave my opinion? like I said before ill leave but stop replying to me and don't give me a bs reason why I should leave

I'm not arguing with you anymore. Anything you post from this point forward will be deleted if it's not on topic. If you want to PRETEND i'm wrong and I don't know what I'm talking about in regards to respect threads you can either PM and we can talk about, you can speak to staff about it, or you could just ignore me all together. But you're not going to derail the thread any further.

Moderator
#47 Posted by ShadowX (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro:

I'll move on and start to post some. "Feats" as you said earlier

First up we have

We'Wha.

We'wha is what we call now a day Two Spirt, which is an identity for t trans people of native american origins. Many native american tribes supported trans individuals and even revered them as cheifs and. Thought they had connections to the spirits. We'Wha lived from 1849-1896. She was born to the Zuni tribe of new mexico. She met the preaident Grover Cleaveland, she was the ambassador to her people, and was even called “…the strongest character and the most intelligent of the Zuni tribe” By Will Roscoe. Here is a wiki page about her. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/We'wha

Sylvia Rae Rivera was a leader in the stonewall movement and helped found organizations such as STARS, the Gay Activist Alliance, and the Gay Liberation Front. She called out the feminist movment for no including LGBT woman and i think woman of color as well. She also called out the mainstream LGBT movemnt for not helping and including trans individuals and refused to back down. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sylvia_Rivera

Janet Mock Is a writer and trans activist. She has degrees from the Univeraity of Hawaii and NYU. She helps support transgender programs in the lgbt harvey milk highschool and started the internet movement called Girlslikeus which encourages body positivity for trans woman of color.

Jazz is a 12 year old trans girl who called out obama for not including trans people in his plans for the lgbt community, she has appeared on numerous telvesion shows including mtv.

Kim Petras is a succesful german pop singer and the youngest person to undergo sex reassignment surgery http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Petras

I can go on

#48 Posted by Vance Astro (91357 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx said:


Kim Petras is a succesful german pop singer and the youngest person to undergo sex reassignment surgery http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Petras

Moderator
#49 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowx: Are you familiar with the recurring transgender skit from Little Britain? If so, are you offended by it?