• 80 results
TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#1  Edited By TheCannon

A thread to discuss all things related to Tomb Raider. The games, movies, comics, and any news about Rise of the Tomb Raider. Here's the first trailer:

Thoughts?

Personally I don't care for the title, but I think the trailer itself is pretty good.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This did not take off like I wanted to.

Bump?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I am excited for this game, but I hate the title too. "Rise of" is used too much in titles. I also hope that this game is better than the last one. It was great, but could've been better. Theres room for improvement. I still think Uncharted was better. Yes I know uncharted was influenced by Tomb Raider, but that doesn't make Tomb Raider better.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Really excited for both of those games. Rise of the Tomb Raider is a weak title but Tomb of Osiris is pretty cool. I'm really happy these are playable. The old TR games you spent an hour trying to ledge jump.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I've being wanting to get on the reboot for a long time now. I'd rather play that than the classical games since platforming drove me insane.

There is also Guardian of Light which is getting its own sequel but I soooo don't care for that...

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Ostyo

I've become such a huge Tomb Raider fan in the last year thanks to the reboot. So much so that it's hard to believe I once hated the original series and Lara so much, but I guess that just proves how awesome the new Lara and direction of the series is. I'm also very psyched for the next game, it's got me very curious as to what they plan to do with Lara's character going forward. The bow returning for this game is something I'm very happy about too.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogueshadow  Moderator

Looking forward to ROTTR. Enjoyed the reboot a lot.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope they ditch the multiplayer mode from the last game.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets turn this thread into the official Uncharted thread because Uncharted > Tomb Raider.

Just kidding, but Uncharted is still 5000 times better than Tomb raider though.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ostyo: Someone doesn't know what a "joke" is! :O How surprising!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I really enjoyed the last game so I'm looking forward to this one, I hope there is a lot more actual tomb raiding going on is this one. Also yea I hate the name lol

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I still miss her old look but the last game was epic

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14 Feral Nova  Moderator

OH! Didn't see this thread!

I wrote this in the gaming thread but since there is an actual tomb raider thread, I figured I would ask it here!

Anyone here reading up on the Tomb Raider comics? They take place after the game and is suppose to lead right into the next one that's coming out! I've only been able to read the first two so far (I have the comic books, I just haven't had time to read them) so I'm curious what you guys thought about it?

Also, I loved the game! I've never been a fan of the franchise until the reboot! O_O Can't wait for the next one to come out! But I think the title would have been better with the first game... not the title of a sequel lol

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Feral Nova  Moderator

@ostyo: the ones I've read so far are really good! But then again I'm a huge fan of Gail's writing... So I might be a tad bias LOL check them out if you can. I think it would be nice to know what happened between games!

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't beat the reboot yet lol The series never interested me until then. I liked the movies too.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new game seem's pretty legit.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogueshadow  Moderator

Trailer was meh. But I liked the reboot, 9/10. Hopefully the sequel is a 10/10. I hadn't played the couple of games before it but it really got me back into the series.

OH! Didn't see this thread!

I wrote this in the gaming thread but since there is an actual tomb raider thread, I figured I would ask it here!

Anyone here reading up on the Tomb Raider comics? They take place after the game and is suppose to lead right into the next one that's coming out! I've only been able to read the first two so far (I have the comic books, I just haven't had time to read them) so I'm curious what you guys thought about it?

Also, I loved the game! I've never been a fan of the franchise until the reboot! O_O Can't wait for the next one to come out! But I think the title would have been better with the first game... not the title of a sequel lol

Awesome, wish I'd known these were out! I'm gonna have to read these.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eisenfauste
No Caption Provided

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: Nice, I'll check it out then.

So what part in the Reboot had you awe and was your favorite?

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bruxae

Looking forward to this. Despite growing up with it I was actually never a very big fan of the original games, the reboot was far more enjoyable and I actually liked it.

No Caption Provided

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Feral Nova  Moderator

@ostyo: I just loved the character development to be honest. Going from terrified girl who was used to relying on others to becoming a bad @ss who had to protect herself. Instead of just BOOM IM A BAD @SS! lol

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@ostyo said:

I've become such a huge Tomb Raider fan in the last year thanks to the reboot. So much so that it's hard to believe I once hated the original series and Lara so much, but I guess that just proves how awesome the new Lara and direction of the series is. I'm also very psyched for the next game, it's got me very curious as to what they plan to do with Lara's character going forward. The bow returning for this game is something I'm very happy about too.

Totally agree. I never hated Lara but, just couldn't get into her and Tomb Raider before the reboot? =/ Am very much looking forward to Rise! Have grown to love Lara since reboot. <3 Tomb Raider actually made me wanting to protect her from harm's way. Plus Lara is stunning.

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I'm enjoying the comic. Lara's relationship with Sam seems a little bit dependent, if that makes sense, and her new-found force of will is nowhere near the level of future Lady Croft, rightfully. The art in the book is okay, kinda light on detail, but it should be interesting if they do end up bridging the gap between now and what happens in the trailer for Rise.

I think the new title is fine, if not a little wordy--it tells me exactly where they're going with it. I fully expect raiding to be the primary focus.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find this Lara Croft far more attractive than the previous one. There, I said it.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rogueshadow  Moderator

I find this Lara Croft far more attractive than the previous one. There, I said it.

You mean the reboot or this new game in particular?

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark_vengeance_ said:

Reboot.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

@dark_vengeance_ said:

Reboot.

I agree, far more realistic than the Barbie of old.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Lara must have Boobs like in PS1 or not playing it. ;p

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The trailer has a "Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" feel to it. Might be just me, though.

Like most people, I think the name sucks b_lls. What were they thinking?

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: @samimista: Funny as it may sound I consider Lara a personal hero of mine lol. The way she just learned to adapt to and push pass her fears and burdens was very inspiring.

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I grew up with TR, from the games to the movies I loved them all, and I really loved the the reboot I liked the survival aspect to the game. I'm really excited to see Lara become TR in this game, I loved the trailer it was great.

Bring back the double pistols and the back flips please!!!

I like her new outfit, but I wish there was an alt for her classic attire.

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Strongarm

Miss the old 'super' raider, with big knockers

now she seems more survival, but it is still good

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Samimista

@ostyo: Not weird at all. Honestly, I really look up to Lara now thanks to the reboot. <3 Also think she's more beautiful too?

Are you gonna be getting Rise of the Tomb Raider by the way? The art is stunning! Shame though it won't be out til 2015 holidays. xD Hope it doesn't get delayed to 2016.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, has it been announced yet what systems the next one is coming out on? Any chance it'll be on the PS3 & 360? Or the Wii U?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, has it been announced yet what systems the next one is coming out on? Any chance it'll be on the PS3 & 360? Or the Wii U?

Rise? I believe on current gen as far as I know but, it could be on last gen too? Not really sure.

What did you think about the reboot? =O Is nice meeting more TR fans!

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecannon said:

Rise? I believe on current gen as far as I know but, it could be on last gen too? Not really sure.

I just looked it up and I've read that Amazon is giving people the ability to order it on PS3 & 360, but I went to Amazon myself and didn't see anything. I guess we'll have to wait for an official announcement to know what's going on.

I loved the reboot. I thought the gameplay as solid, Lara was a likeable character, the environments were nice, and the graphics are some of the best I've seen. Overall I thought it was a great game that didn't have much wrong with it, and it is on my Top 10 games list.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: Oh yeah, she's far more beautiful then the old Lara.

Of course! I just hope I don't have to buy a Xbox One to play it. XP

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By WheatStalker

Yeah I can't find confirmation of last-gen platforms for Rise either. IGN was the only place asking the question, that I saw, and they're waiting to hear back from Square Enix.

I will say this, though, I played the reboot first on Xbox 360, then PC, and then the Definitive Edition on PS4 ... it was so beautiful on PC and PS4 ... it was like a completely different game from the 360 version. I think Rise would be kind of a shame to play last-gen, but I do understand how hard it can be to get a new console. It'll be worth it though, I promise, so save up! Eighteen months to go! :)

Edit: I forgot to add, check out next week's cover!

No Caption Provided

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Feral Nova  Moderator

Awesome, wish I'd known these were out! I'm gonna have to read these.

Yes! Look them up, if worse comes to worse you can get them on Comixology or... if you know a place to get em for free... go for it lol but if you can get them, I recommend them. Love the writing in it so far.

Yeah, I'm enjoying the comic. Lara's relationship with Sam seems a little bit dependent, if that makes sense, and her new-found force of will is nowhere near the level of future Lady Croft, rightfully. The art in the book is okay, kinda light on detail, but it should be interesting if they do end up bridging the gap between now and what happens in the trailer for Rise.

I think the new title is fine, if not a little wordy--it tells me exactly where they're going with it. I fully expect raiding to be the primary focus.

I finally caught up lol and I agree, the relationship between Sam and Laura... it's... different..? idk if that's the right word lol it's deff not like the game, or at least I don't think so.

I'm not a huge fan of the art, I'm just interested in the story telling lol Like you, I was more interested on how they were going to go from Point A (the first game) to Point B (the second game).

@ostyo said:

@feral_nova: @samimista: Funny as it may sound I consider Lara a personal hero of mine lol. The way she just learned to adapt to and push pass her fears and burdens was very inspiring.

Agreed! I loved how she went from terrified girl who wanted to rely on others, had to learn to rely on herself and like you said adapt to the surroundings. But the burdens... man... I couldn't image what would happen if I had that on my shoulders lol. Laura is beast!

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Feral Nova  Moderator

As for ROTR coming out for last gen-consoles, I doubt it, by the time the game comes out, it will over a year since the new gens came out, they're probably gonna keep it to the new one's in hopes we will buy one. Unless you buy for PC, but... I'm not much of a PC gamer, so it's gonna be a xbox one for me lol

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rogueshadow  Moderator

@feral_nova: Can't get them on Comixology UK :( I ordered the first issue on Forbidden Planet along with the latest one. I'm really interested in the story they are telling with this new incarnation of Lara Croft.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Feral Nova  Moderator

@rogueshadow: whaaaaaaaaaa-!? Oh no! D: I sorry, I didn't know you were from the UK. But at least you were able to get the first issue! :D Lemme know what you think of it when you read it ^_^

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: Ugh...I fear you're right. I really don't want buy a Xbox One just to play it though. XD

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Feral Nova  Moderator

@ostyo said:

@feral_nova: Ugh...I fear you're right. I really don't want buy a Xbox One just to play it though. XD

I have to buy one either way... I NEED TO PLAY NEW HALO, BATMAN, FABLE, MIRROR EDGE AND TOMB RAIDER! and I'm sure there are other games but I can't think of them right now lol

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rise of the Tomb Raider and Arkham Knight are my two most anticipated games next year. Loved the last Tomb Raider game and really excited for Rise of the Tomb Raider!

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Tomb Raider reboot was pretty damn amazing, but like everyone's said it lacked the part where you actually Raid the Tombs.
Now that they've got all the origin story stuff out of the way, I'm excited to see where they go with it (hopefully more about adventuring than surviving, though a balanced combination would be nice).

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista said:

@thecannon said:

I just looked it up and I've read that Amazon is giving people the ability to order it on PS3 & 360, but I went to Amazon myself and didn't see anything. I guess we'll have to wait for an official announcement to know what's going on.

I loved the reboot. I thought the gameplay as solid, Lara was a likeable character, the environments were nice, and the graphics are some of the best I've seen. Overall I thought it was a great game that didn't have much wrong with it, and it is on my Top 10 games list.

Man, good deal! I didn't even know it was up already on pre-order. Amazon has good deals. I don't have an account but usually give my brother money to buy certain games? Need to pre-order Pokemon Alpha actually.

And agreed. ^___^ Really cannot wait until Rise. Feels so far away! =O

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: Ah, but you can play Pokemon to pass the time until Rise is released.