Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Feel free to discuss everything about Mount & Blade, its expansions, DLC's and planned sequels.

Feel free to trade steam contact info, plan in-game meets and brag about how good your skills are.

Discussion about every mod and anything related to the game in general is welcome.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll bite.

The game is fun but needs Far more polish and any degree of optimization though. Game is not complete in my opinion.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ParagonNate

@thekillerklok: it's also several years old. They are currently working on a sequel that is far more polished with better graphics and various other visual and gameplay updates.

As for my take on the game. Hands down the single best medieval sandbox game out there, ESPECIALLY with how cheap it is. Can conquer the world for yourself, or faithfuly serve a king, only to woo his wife stab him in the back bribe his lords to serve you, plunge the once peaceful realm into a brutal civil war where thousands die and emerge as the new ruler. Become completely corrupt, piss off.all of the lords you bribed, Have them rise against you, lock you in prison eventually escape only to have your wife leave you, your lands split between the lords and the old king that's been reinstated and who now hates your guts. Flee the kingdom to another kingdom build up your forces again, serve the new king, get him to declare war on your old kingdom, take castles and when you have won backstabbing your new King an plunge an even bigger kingdom into an even more brutal and lengthy civil war. Rise and repeat until late you own the world and half of the lords and nobles hate you as you sleep with half of the noble women in your massive kindom.

.........or you could be y'know a merchant.or something.......and get your ass kicked by sea raiders 15 minutes into the game.

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Thekillerklok

@paragonnate: The graphics never really bothered me much. Just hate how that game somehow chugs during large battles.

how about the sometimes several minute long delays for the system to realize you have won the battle.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thekillerklok: hhhmmmmmmm, I never ran into anything like that, on either my old or new computer. What kind of hardware are you running and how old is it?

Thekillerklok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Thekillerklok

@paragonnate: had the problem on my old computer

Which had a 3 ghz quad core and a handmedown Nvidia don't remember exactly which one but I do know that it was on par with your low end amd R9 260.

My current computer

R9 290x 4g vram

Fx 8350

16 Gigs of Memory

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bannerlord Hype!

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nords rule!

The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys need to play multiplayer, Warband is excellent. Imagine the complex melee combat system in Mount & Blade, now imagine it ported to multiplayer.

The result is the best real time medieval multiplayer game of all time.

The_Knight_Rhoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doctor_wheatley Aye! They're my second favourite faction after Swadia. Nord Huscarls are the best infantry in single player, and not too shabby in multiplayer either.

@pipxeroth Bannerlord looks amazing, even though there don't seem to be any visible changes to the combat system yet. I really like the expanded towns with board games, and the addition of siege weaponry.

Speaking of which, you guys play multiplayer?