The official LOTR thread

• 117 results
Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Legolas should be the true star of the movie. He's Middle Earth's Superman after all.

kuonphobos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

When I watch Sherlock I can't help thinking about Hobbit DoS!

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@chibi_cute said:

i wonder if there are dinosaurs on middle earth..

lol why?

tolkien created many mysterious creatures on middle earth that has not even properly described. for ex. the battle with gandalf and the balrog where they fall to the deepest pits of moria.. in the book describes that gandalf saw many prehistoric primordial nameless creatures in the underground that has been already there at the first time of the creation of arda.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

lol why?

tolkien created many mysterious creatures on middle earth that has not even properly described. for ex. the battle with gandalf and the balrog where they fall to the deepest pits of moria.. in the book describes that gandalf saw many prehistoric primordial nameless creatures in the underground that has been already there at the first time of the creation of arda.

Ah, I remember that. I never imagined these as dinosaurs or typical pre-historical creatures, but more like Great Old Ones like Cthulhu.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 rogueshadow  Moderator

Tolkien said that Arda is Earth, just a very, very long time ago. So I suppose there must have been Dinosaurs at some point in there history, maybe before, maybe after.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Chibi_cute

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

lol why?

Ah, I remember that. I never imagined these as dinosaurs or typical pre-historical creatures, but more like Great Old Ones like Cthulhu.

even aragorn stated that there are beings in deep places in the world being older than sauron.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

lol why?

even aragorn stated that there are beings in deep places in the world being older than sauron.

That is why I think they are more like Great Old Ones :p

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Chibi_cute

@chibi_cute said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

lol why?

But i doubt tolkien would bring something that up.. probably its just dinosaurs.. :P

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

lol why?

But i doubt tolkien would bring something that up.. probably its just dinosaurs.. :P

Oh sure, dinosaurs are more likely to live in the depths of the Earth without sunlight or plants than the ancient, timeless and immortal Old Ones >_>

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

lol why?

Oh sure, dinosaurs are more likely to live in the depths of the Earth without sunlight or plants than the ancient, timeless and immortal Old Ones >_>

They have adapted to the environment on dark places. :)

How about the great old ones.? if they sure exist the valar would have known.. and morgoth would make them allies to their ranks

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

lol why?

How about the great old ones.? if they sure exist the valar would have known.. and morgoth would make them allies to their ranks

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

@chibi_cute said:

lol why?

Who cares its fiction anyway.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute: sure does. I noticed first when the elves arrive at helm's deep.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

^ How come they didn't destroy the ring like this? lol!

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wasn't one of these made two years ago?

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@shootingnova: Oh, I don't know but this thread is 11 months old

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: There was one at least a year ago. I remember posting on it when I was still relatively new to the site. I could just be having a memory failure.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow: @chibi_cute: @dragonborn_ct: Maybe it's because of watching the films too many times, but did anyone else notice theoden's mouth hangs open almost all of screentime? lol

Lol, no.

I have a feeling next time I watch I won't be able to stop noticing it.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

So the original title There and Back Again for Part 3 was changed for Battle of the Five Armies?

Its not that bad in fact.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By PrinceAragorn1
colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Can't wait for E3 to hear more about this(and more)

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Dragonborn_CT
Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Ostyo

@dragonborn_ct: I'll watch it here in a bit. Did you like the trailer?

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would you guys rather have Glamdring or Gurthang? (Lets pretend Gurthang won't eventually kill you).

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@ostyo: I thought it was kinda cool, but not as cooler as the two previous teasers were. They didn't show any WOW moments here.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: No.... No,.... No.... No no no no no!! The trailer is here!!! Watching now!!

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker: I haven't read the Hobbit yet, but I did read the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Silmarillion. I do know what goes on the Hobbit thanks to some spoiler-hounding I did ;)

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: That's a shame, you shouldn't have spoiled it for yourself. The ending would've been so much more epic if you didn't.

I read every book except the Sim. Which I've started, just haven't finished, so not much is new to me except Azog and the Sauron side mission. And it looks like a lot happens with that stuff in the trailer (The Eye, Azog leading his armies, Gandalf on the brink of death, Galadriel, ect). And it works out that that stuff is my favorite thing about the Hobbit trilogy, so maybe I have more reason to be excited? I dunno.

If it sounds like I'm rambling, I am. I'm super excited now.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker: Nah its okay, man. Its one of those things I can't help it... Besides, its not completely spoiled for me, since depending how it lives up to my expectation, it can surely turn out epic like I think it will be ;)

I see you are pretty happy about it. I wanted to share this cinematic trailer I forgot to see on E3.

Loading Video...

Whenever you can, read the Sillmarillion. Because if you thought there is too much black and white on LotR, then the lines between good and evil are more blurred in that book. Its unfortunate we will never seen an adaptation for that, because the way its written, its unfillmable.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By The_Deathstroker

@dragonborn_ct: It will definitely be epic, that's not a question. It can be absolutely terrible, but the battle scenes in LotR-Jackson world are always epic. xD

Who's is the villain? I don't recognize him. But yeah, I've been pumped for SoM for quite sometime. I've been gathering images of Talion and photoshopping eye patches onto him because I'm using him for a young version of my character ("Show Bio").

I think the LotR books are great, and don't really care that it's more black and white. I just think they're fantastic. But yeah, I've heard how good the Sim is, so I'm gonna get back into it eventually.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: @ostyo: @inverno: @rogueshadow:

Another trailer. Pure epic ness. Slightly spoiler-y. Definitely worth watching, because Sauron is in it (now the spoiler is out of the way) and so is Gollum (that one too):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh_sL6wZ1o4&oref=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F&has_verified=1&client=mv-google&layout=tablet

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I still need to watch the movies.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@The_Deathstroker: Hahahaah that is awesome xD You gonna make him an medieval Deathstroker then HUEHUEHUE

The villain in question is identified as Black Hand, he is an original character made for this game. I think he is an Black Numenorean (since he looks more human than the orcs despite the filed teeth) and there are many others called like that, indicating its an faction serving under Sauron.

Well you know how things are today... Folks like think LotR is old-fashioned and boring when compared to GoT. Personally (regardless of morality lines) I always thought the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy as whole as my favorite movie of all time, period. They possess not just some of the most epic moments, but also some of the most emotionally powerful scenes I ever seen.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By The_Deathstroker

@dagmar_merrill: Wait till your... Daughter.... is older and watch them with him. Watching hundreds of people did on screen makes for a great bonding experience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker: the little baby I always have in the Pictures with me is a girl.

Also, if I wasn't on my phone id post the deathstare gif.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Yep! That's exactly what it is! Haha!

And alright, awesome. Thanks for that. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't an idiot and suppose to know who that is xD

Yeah, I know. My cousin and I worship LotR as the greatest thing to ever grace this earth, so I'm more like you lol. LotR and Star Wars have always been my favorite movie series with LotR being my favorite movie-wise, but with the Star Wars franchise it's hard to not allow them to even out.

And lol, most of the time when I watch the movies nowadays I listen more to the dialogue, but when I was younger I watched them for the sole purpose of seeing the battles. I would skip through everything else.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@The_Deathstroker: Oh yeah I saw that trailer too earlier. Its Celebrimbor the one ghost helping Talion out :o He forged the Nine Rings of Power thanks to Annatar (Sauron) teaching his technique. Its astonishing to hear that I am blown away

As for your other reply...

Agreed with everything you said, man. I used to be like that too when I was younger, but I appreciate following the storyline out today. The epic battles are just an bonus :D

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By The_Deathstroker

@dagmar_merrill: O,o..... She's a- Of course! I knew that! What are you talking about? Do you know how to read!? HAHA HAHA Heh....

And lol. I must take advantage of this moment of weakness. You're such a GREAT father. How long have you been a father? Did you plan to be a father? Father? Father? Father? Father? Father? Father? Father?

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dagmar_merrill: IT'S PRONOUNCED DEATHSTROKE!!! I knew you didn't know how to read! ;p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers