This game is so addictive. : )

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I refuse to play because I have 17 bloody keys in my inventory that Valve keeps sending me.

Also Warcraft 3 is far superior.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jhazzroucher

why is this game so addictive?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jhazzroucher

can anybody recomment which character should i use, easy to use and long range attack?

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chibi_cute

can anybody recomment which character should i use, easy to use and long range attack?

use sniper or traxex.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jhazzroucher

My favorite characters now is Zeus and Barathrum! They're awesome!

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chibi_cute

@jhazzroucher: just remember if you use barathrum buy items like mask of madness and power threads. and always upgrade the skill charge of darkness and the third skill.

Avatar image for darklordargeist
DarkLordArgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeus is too soft and gets gang banged a lot. ;p

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

then better be cautious.. and always stick to your teammates. buy observer wards.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superrobotargeist said:

@jhazzroucher said:

then better be cautious.. and always stick to your teammates. buy observer wards.

True. And Zeus's wrath really helps a lot because the opponents cannot ambush your teammates

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Chibi_cute

@jhazzroucher: Not to mention 2nd and 3rd at max upgraded will cost great damage to your enemies when used..

Zeus is one of the most annoying heroes in dota especially in clashes.. he will just keep spamming and spamming..

Gambit474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The new DOTA or the old one back on WC 3? I use to play it alot on WC 3..but it got tiresome. Too many douchebags in pubs who would give others a hard time if they were beating everyone(Sore winners,trash talkers) or the ones who cried about people leaving. My favorite was always "OMG KILL STEAL!!11!!"..

Hmm. I did enjoy blowing people up as Tinker though. Good times

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By OverLordArhas

@chibi_cute said:

@jhazzroucher: Not to mention 2nd and 3rd at max upgraded will cost great damage to your enemies when used..

Zeus is one of the most annoying heroes in dota especially in clashes.. he will just keep spamming and spamming..

That is why he is targeted most of the time.

He is my Favorite Farm Animal when I'm using Majina.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordarhas: LOL when im using zeus i always knew i will be the one who will be first targeted. thats why i buy escape items.. dagger for ex..

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OverLordArhas

@overlordarhas: LOL when im using zeus i always knew i will be the one who will be first targeted. thats why i buy escape items.. dagger for ex..

*Blink*

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordarhas: have you played the latest map version of dota ? zeus + aganihms.. = skyfather level.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordarhas: have you played the latest map version of dota ? zeus + aganihms.. = skyfather level.

I have not been playing lately, can you tell me the buffs of current Aganihms?

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Chibi_cute

@overlordarhas: + 20 all stats. + 100 hp. + 100 mana.. And improves your ultimate skill.. gives more damage,range,aoe and better cooldown...

MetalGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can someone give me tips using Earth Spirit...

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordarhas: + 20 all stats. + 100 hp. + 100 mana.. And improves your ultimate skill.. gives more damage,range,aoe and better cooldown...

Wow at this.

But can you build it 1 on 1 against a seasoned Anti-Mage user?

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metalgod said:

can someone give me tips using Earth Spirit...

The most common combo I've seen and used with Earth Spirit is the Geomagnetic Grip to stun followed immediately by Rolling Boulder, then depending on my level I either use Magnetize then Boulder Smash or just Boulder Smash after the Rolling Boulder.

Early game try to let your lane get pushed near your tower than use the combo I mentioned just now to kick your opponent within tower range, if you have a half decent teammate and the enemy has no escape skills you should get an easy kill early game.

If you're facing an opponent with Blink or other escape skills drop a stone remnant and use your 3rd skill then while the opponent is stunned use the first skill on the stone remnant moving towards you to not only damage him but also silence him preventing him from using his escape skills.

Remember to take advantage of his skills insane low cooldowns and how the stone remnants interact with all his skills. If you Ulti and you notice that you managed to magnetize a lot of the opposing team drop a remnant and boulder smash it towards one magnetized target, every unit magnetized even if they were never hit by the remnant would be silenced same with the slow of the Rolling Boulder.

When you ulti make sure to count a bit before dropping another stone remnant to reset the debuff and damage that his ulti does a max leveled ulti does 100 damage per second if you manage to wait at best 5 seconds before reapplying the debuff and damage from the ulti you can deal quite the amount in terms of damage.

The way the ulti works also works well against those that have escape skills. Most players I've encountered who have escape skills tend to overstay their welcome and wait until there health is just below 50% if you use the 3rd-1st skill combo I mentioned you can easily get close enough to drop your ulti on the guy so if he's still alive after the silence ends as long as you guess the direction he blinks at and drop a stone remnant at the same direction you should get the kill easy.

As far as team fights go there's not much to say, his skills pretty much have clear advantages all you need is proper positioning and you can silence a lot of them or stun a lot of them or both

Again I can't stress enough how you should take advantage of his low cooldowns but in this case don't forget to use your skills to save teammates from getting ganked, try to stay back a bit when for example a teammate wants to ward an area use the 3rd skill to save their life, if you're still worried about teammates life you can use your first skill to kick him further away from danger

If your planning on escaping take advantage of Rolling Boulder + Stone Remnant but also take into account that should an enemy hero get in front of you before Earth takes off you'll only go as far as where that hero was standing so make sure you use it when the direction you're going to is somewhat clear, if not use your first skill to kick them out of the way.

Personally I found more success with Earth Spirit when I roam and gank early, the only downside is the mana management usually I try to make sure every gank counts as early game after using the common Earth combo usually depletes your mana big time.

MetalGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnygat: Cool, thanks :)

What items should i build for him?

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibi_cute said:

Wow at this.

Yes.. aganihms is very deadly now.. a max level ultimate from earthshaker with aganims can one shot heroes..

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metalgod: I think for item builds it depends on play style, for me as I mentioned before, I prefer to gank early and with mana being a problem I tend to get arcane boots as my first core item, if I can get an Urn early I'll go for it as well. These are the two core items I usually get for Earth but I usually experiment with him quite a bit. Sometimes I go for a tanky build there've been some games where my third item is a heart of tarasque actuallyI build him tanky so that I have ample time to keep using all my skills or to reapply the debuffs from my ulti before I get killed.

One thing though try to avoid picking Earth if the enemy has a lineup with a good silence style of play, Earth is the type of hero that has to take advantage of his skills if he gets silenced it's makes it hard for him to make an impact.

Again as far as item builds go let's just say I'm not the best person to ask about this.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@metalgod: I think for item builds it depends on play style, for me as I mentioned before, I prefer to gank early and with mana being a problem I tend to get arcane boots as my first core item, if I can get an Urn early I'll go for it as well. These are the two core items I usually get for Earth but I usually experiment with him quite a bit. Sometimes I go for a tanky build there've been some games where my third item is a heart of tarasque actuallyI build him tanky so that I have ample time to keep using all my skills or to reapply the debuffs from my ulti before I get killed.

One thing though try to avoid picking Earth if the enemy has a lineup with a good silence style of play, Earth is the type of hero that has to take advantage of his skills if he gets silenced it's makes it hard for him to make an impact.

Again as far as item builds go let's just say I'm not the best person to ask about this.

Skadi May suffice.. for slowing the enemies.. also on early games you can buy soul ring for your mana problems.. much cheaper than arcane boots.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: @metalgod: @johnnygat: @chibi_cute:

A trivia question.

Who can defeat Roshan at level 6?

@overlordarhas said:

@chibi_cute said:

Wow at this.

Yes.. aganihms is very deadly now.. a max level ultimate from earthshaker with aganims can one shot heroes..

1 Shot?

@johnnygat said:

Skadi May suffice.. for slowing the enemies.. also on early games you can buy soul ring for your mana problems.. much cheaper than arcane boots.

If Mana is a problem, why not Vlademirs?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kyrees
OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kyrees
OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kyrees

@overlordarhas: i never played safe in my games and the money i could use for that item could better be used on other stuff, like a dagger or guinsoo in the long run.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@overlordarhas: i never played safe in my games and the money i could use for that item could better be used on other stuff, like a dagger or guinsoo in the long run.

Vlads is a staple for me when playing melee characters, no orb effect.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kyrees

@overlordarhas: i only do a lifesteal item if they have the damage output and speed for it.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By OverLordArhas

@kyrees said:

@overlordarhas: i only do a lifesteal item if they have the damage output and speed for it.

I usually play 5 on 1 with insane opponents (AI), life steal is important to me plus the added benefits of Vlad. It helps cause you do not have to carry pots.

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Twentyfive

I always wanted to get into a game like that. But I wonder; what are the minimum specs required for the game? Maybe I should save up and build a PC for gaming, or get a better laptop.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always wanted to get into a game like that. But I wonder; what are the minimum specs required for the game? Maybe I should save up and build a PC for gaming, or get a better laptop.

A P4 with a 64 MB VC can.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JohnnyGat

@overlordarhas: The extra mana regen on Vlad's is nice and all but overall as @kyrees mentioned the other bonuses like lifesteal don't feel right with me if the hero does not have either the attack speed or the damage output to make it ideal. Arcane Boots plus wand is usually more than enough to deal with Earth's mana problems early game which is the only time when his mana is low that his effectiveness is hindered.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By kyrees

@overlordarhas: don't play AI opponents often. it dulls your experience in the long run. i often do pub for most of the time, you need to be well rounded enough to survive not be on your own.

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnygat: Oh I agree with kyrees, I just stated that fact. As for Earth I agree with you. But for the melee characters I normally use like Lord Of Avernus, Sven, Dragon Knight, and the troll whats his name (Cant Remember), I always have it.

Though it became useless when in Dragon Form (DK) still...

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@overlordarhas: don't play AI opponents often. it dulls your experience in the long run. i often do pub for most of the time, you need to be well rounded enough to survive not be on your own.

Yeah you may be right, but those AI are complete cheating Bastards at times. ;p

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnnygat: Oh I agree with kyrees, I just stated that fact. As for Earth I agree with you. But for the melee characters I normally use like Lord Of Avernus, Sven, Dragon Knight, and the troll whats his name (Cant Remember), I always have it.

Just replying to your suggestion when you suggested Vlad's for my mana issue, plus the name of the Troll, by troll you mean Troll Warlord?

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By OverLordArhas

@johnnygat said:

@overlordarhas said:

Just replying to your suggestion when you suggested Vlad's for my mana issue, plus the name of the Troll, by troll you mean Troll Warlord?

The one you can interchange from Melee to long range.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By kyrees

@overlordarhas: AI opponents are always set to have an advantage if you don't "normalize" them. if you're particularly sadistic, you turn them to overdrive mode.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overlordarhas: Yes.. one shot.. and vladimirs is only good for lifesteal its mana regen is very weak if you just rely on it..

OverLordArhas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@overlordarhas: AI opponents are always set to have an advantage if you don't "normalize" them. if you're particularly sadistic, you turn them to overdrive mode.

I know of the advantage. lol

What I'm stating is how they play dirty in play. Specially when Zeus is present. ;p

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can run it on windows xp with just 32 bit.. and it won't lag at all. even if the ram and graphics card is low.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers