The Official Boxing Thread

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@FLCL1: Doesn't matter. Ortiz was the champion and the champion will get his pay-day.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Static Shock
@FLCL1 said:

@King Saturn: he doesnt

speculation from a fanboy

@FLCL1 said:

also why the fuck is ortiz still getting paid so much?

not only did he lose he didnt even last for 4 rounds wtf? no wonder why he was happy afterwards its a win win situation.

this is why people think boxing is fixed

There's no reason to call people fanboys in that context, plus, your obscenity wasn't necessary. Consider it a warning. 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203  Edited By King_Saturn
@comicdude23 said:

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@King Saturn said:

I must say that uh... the way Floyd Mayweather Jr. KO Victor Ortiz was sort of Messed Up. But it works I guess.

The whole fight was messed up. One deserved a lose cause he cheated while the other deserves the flames building up cause of the lack of class. All in all it makes Dana White happy cause it's another nail in boxing's coffin.

The whole fight was not messed up... just what happened in the last seconds of the 4th round between Ortiz and Mayweather. I would have liked to seen Mayweather dominate and beat Ortiz while in the flow of combat... not just take an easy advantage of a dumbfounded opponent who has his guard down. It does nothing to help embellish Mayweather's credibility... it's just an easy KO win for Mayweather against an opponent who had his hands down.

In all fairness Ortiz had a chance to either get his guard up or strike back after he got hit the first time and instead looked at the ref like he expected him to say something. Floyd always hits his opponent to remind them that they are in a fight, he did the same thing to Mosley and after he hit Mosley Shane got upset but Floyd told him that he should keep fighting. The way Floyd explained it in the press conference is that he misunderstood Ortiz's intentions and he thought he was just tryin to touch gloves. Even if Floyd waited for Ortiz to get his guard up Victor would've just went down minutes later or in the 5th round.

how do you know what's in bold ?????

because I saw the fight from start to finish. Ortiz did not get up by 10 from just those two hits. He had minutes left in the 4th and the whole 5th, he wouldn't be able to take more than that for 2 more rounds IMO.

@FLCL1: That's disrespectful I never said anything about you and I am not a fanboy.

Also Ortiz is guaranteed 50 mill I think.

Ortiz was dumbfounded and did not have his guard up at the point Mayweather popped him those 2 times... Ortiz was obviously taking the punishment of Mayweather the previous 3 rounds while in the midst of fighting him then. So I don't see why he could not last at least 10 of those rounds.

The punch that KO'd him was faster and stronger. It wasn't an ordinary jab like the previous rounds.

again... Ortiz was not in the Position to Guard himself... Mayweather hit him with such a Clean and Hard Shot while the dude had his Guard Down. Also why assume that Mayweather would have thrown Punches like that if Ortiz had not Headbutt him ? Mayweather would have more than likely picked off Ortiz with the Jab for the 12 rounds and threw a few Power Shots if Ortiz had not Headbutted him. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By Static Shock
@Mr. Smiths said:

Their needs to be a rematch, because that was a fucked up ending to a match.

Lose the profanity, please. You get a warning, too.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By cascadeking09

@FLCL1 said:

@comicdude23 said:

@FLCL1 said:

also why the fuck is ortiz still getting paid so much?

not only did he lose he didnt even last for 4 rounds wtf? no wonder why he was happy afterwards its a win win situation.

this is why people think boxing is fixed

It isn't fixed.

never said it was

@cascadeking09: why would you assume i ment fanboy as a bad thing? your comment clearly showed bias toward mayweather

thats bullshit he lost he shouldnt get so much money

Because usually people do mean it in a bad way. I'm a fan of both fighters so I'm not totally biased in favor of either of them, but if you mean no disrespect then it's str8.

Lol that's what happens you fight Mayweather.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By cascadeking09

@King Saturn: Floyd wanted the knockout victory and the str8 right is his best punch. I don't think he would've been using the jab more all night just because he didn't get headbutted, experts were expecting Floyd to be more aggressive. Ortiz was leaving himself wide open for those rights if we consider how much Floyd worked on his power then it's just as likely that he could've koed Victor 2 rounds later.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Static Shock
@FLCL1 said:

You now have two warnings. Wanna go for three? 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By King_Saturn
@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn: He wasn't exactly eating those right hands. If he were fully conscious and on his feet when the ref got to ten I would agree, but he had taken a lot of strong hits in the first 3 rounds and was unable to even stand up after than and had blacked out. It's not like Berto, where he just fell to the strong right and then got right back up.

Ortiz got hit while he was dumbfounded and hand his hands down at that Moment by a massive powershot. It's sort of different when you expect powershots from the midst of battle coming compared to totally not see it or expect it. 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By King_Saturn
@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn: Floyd wanted the knockout victory and the str8 right is his best punch. I don't think he would've been using the jab more all night just because he didn't get headbutted, experts were expecting Floyd to be more aggressive. Ortiz was leaving himself wide open for those rights if we consider how much Floyd worked on his power then it's just as likely that he could've koed Victor 2 rounds later.

well obviously he did... he hit the man while he had his hands down.  
how do you know Mayweather would not have lead with the Jab the Majority of the Fight... Ortiz leaving himself open at times does not directly mean he would have went out in 5 or 6 rounds.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Static Shock

When Ortiz got hit the first time, why was he looking at the referee like that? 

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By cascadeking09

@King Saturn: It was the right that put him down though, that's the way I see it. His face was swollen before round 3 and he tends to leave himself open, If Floyd built up even more damage and threw 4 punch combo instead of two Ortiz could've been knocked out in 5 or 6. That's the way I see it least. He got hit once he should've een the second coming if we're fair enough to see he stood up to the first. Remember Zab and Khan? Zab's face was missed up by round 2 and he went down to a bladder shot. Then was back up on his feet like he was fine later( I think he was faking). Do you think the ko was legit?

That's just a question it doesn't really have to do with what you think about Floyd and Victor.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By cascadeking09

@Static Shock said:

He said he heard Cortez say something.

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

how do you know Mayweather would not have lead with the Jab the Majority of the Fight... Ortiz leaving himself open at times does not directly mean he would have went out in 5 or 6 rounds.

I think you're missing my point. Floyd was working on his power punches, he wanted to be stronger for this fight so that he could ko Ortiz. Why would he go to the jab more instead of going to the right hand and using more power punches if the right hand is most effective against soutpaws and Victor tends to leave himself wide open for? He had already taken a lot of punishment is what I'm saying, his face was messed up his left eye was starting to close, and he didn't protect his left side well which left him open for Floyd's best shot.

Danny Garcia was looking over Floyd's fights and watching for stuff like that, which makes me think that Victor was having trouble following through with Garcia's plan. I think it's fair to say he could've still been koed or tkoed. But I think we've been talking on something purley hypothetical for too long so I'll end it here.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By King_Saturn
@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn: It was the right that put him down though, that's the way I see it. His face was swollen before round 3 and he tends to leave himself open, If Floyd built up even more damage and threw 4 punch combo instead of two Ortiz could've been knocked out in 5 or 6. That's the way I see it least. He got hit once he shouldn't seen the second coming if we're fair enough to see he stood up to the first. Remember Zab and Khan? Zab's face was missed up by round 2 and he went down to a bladder shot. Then was back up on his feet like he was fine later( I think he was faking). Do you think the ko was legit?

That's just a question it doesn't really have to do with what you think about Floyd and Victor.

Yes it was the Right that put him down... but it came at Ortiz at an unexpected time for him... if they were in the midst of battle... I don't think Mayweather would have caught him with that particular strike... because he would have been dominating with Jabs and mediocre Power Shots... so the need for a Right Hand from Hell would not be there... Ortiz should have been able to make it past 5 or 6 rounds at the running pace of the fight before his Headbutt... though I would not say it would go to a decision... 10 rounds max.   

as far as your second question... yes Zab Judah was Faking... he did not want anymore of Amir Khan. The KO was Legit IMO... 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Static Shock
@cascadeking09 said:

Lame excuse. 

Larry Merchant needs to have a seat, too.
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By cascadeking09

@King Saturn: I don't understand why you would think that if the right is his best shot and he was going to the right the entire fight. Ortiz isn't ready for the right wheather his guard is up or not. You've made some fair points, but when he went down he was down for the count and after that I don't see it going any other way.

I agree, I don't know if I mentioned it before but I lost respect for him after that. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt against Cotto even though he looked to be faking then too, but then once I saw him against Khan it was clear that the low blow was his excuse to get out of a tough fight.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By King_Saturn
@cascadeking09 said:

@Static Shock said:

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

I think you're missing my point. Floyd was working on his power punches, he wanted to be stronger for this fight so that he could ko Ortiz. Why would he go to the jab more instead of going to the right hand and using more power punches if the right hand is most effective against soutpaws and Victor tends to leave himself wide open for? He had already taken a lot of punishment is what I'm saying, his face was messed up his left eye was starting to close, and he didn't protect his left side well which left him open for Floyd's best shot.

Danny Garcia was looking over Floyd's fights and watching for stuff like that, which makes me think that Victor was having trouble following through with Garcia's plane. I think it's fair to say he could've still been koed or tkoed. But I think we've been talking on something purley hypothetical for too long so I'll end it here.

Because even though you train Power Punches... you tend to lean on what you know best and what works best. Floyd seemed to be killing Ortiz with the Jab and mediocre shots for those first three rounds already... he may not have seen the need to attack with a Right Hand from Hell so early in the fight if what he was already doing was hurting up his Opponent. Sure it could have probably still came later on in the fight... but who knows. Overall if seemed like Mayweather was using the Jab and mediocre shots to really bang up Ortiz. 
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By cascadeking09

@Static Shock said:

@cascadeking09 said:

Lame excuse. Larry Merchant needs to have a seat, too.

I don't think he was lying but he was dazed probably.

Yeah I'm glad Floyd finally said something to him. I get tired of him quietly talking trash, and not just against Floyd either.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By cascadeking09

@King Saturn said:

you tend to lean on what you know best andwhat works best.

i.e. the str8 right hand.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By King_Saturn
@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn: I don't understand why you would think that if the right is his best shot and he was going to the right the entire fight. Ortiz isn't ready for the right wheather his guard is up or not. You've made some fair points, but when he went down he was down for the count and after that I don't see it going any other way.

I agree, I don't know if I mentioned it before but I lost respect for him after that. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt against Cotto even though he looked to be faking then too, but then once I saw him against Khan it was clear that the low blow was his excuse to get out of a tough fight.

because during the pace of the fight we did not see any sign of Ortiz getting ready to be flatten like that specifically from the Right... it could have potentially happened... but I don't think it would have happened. It would have more than likely been more of the same for a few more rounds then Ortiz falling over after a TKO. 
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By King_Saturn
@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn said:

well it had not killed Ortiz like that the first three rounds... and I don't think it would have gotten him that bad if he had not headbutted Mayweather or guarded himself in that particular moment. 
Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Mr. Smiths

Can we please just get the Pacman vs. Floyd fight we all been wanting to see. That will be the fight of the century.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By cascadeking09

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

because during the pace of the fight we did not see any sign of Ortiz getting ready to be flatten like that specifically from the Right... it could have potentially happened... but I don't think it would have happened. It would have more than likely been more of the same for a few more rounds then Ortiz falling over after a TKO.

Ok that's fine.

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn said:

well it had not killed Ortiz like that the first three rounds... and I don't think it would have gotten him that bad if he had not headbutted Mayweather or guarded himself in that particular moment.

It looked like he was hurt by those in each round to me that's why I think it happened. Floyd tends to get hotter as the rounds go on and Victor tends to tire himself out and leave himself open. That's the reason Berto had a good chance at coming back on him. Ortiz had begun to tire and didn't seem as banged up in the early rounds as he did against Mayweather.

With all that aside I wonder who Ortiz's next oppenent will be, he has a lot of good choices he could rematch Berto, fight Maidana a second time, or he could wait for Vargas or Floyd to have their fight against him and face Khan. I actually wouldn't mind him fighting Vargas either. I almost forgot about Brandon Rios, he could be a good fight for him and like Vargas would put 3 straight undefeated fighters on his resume. That may stirr up trouble between the Garcia brothers though. It would be very interesting to see a Ortiz/Rios 24/7 though it would be more about the brothers than the actual fighters.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By cascadeking09

@Mr. Smiths said:

Can we please just get the Pacman vs. Floyd fight we all been wanting to see. That will be the fight of the century.

We'll have to see what Floyd says next. He says he wants to stay active for his fans but if he fights Manny next like he said then it wont be until next year, so he may take on another fighter first if he's planning on staying active.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By King_Saturn
@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

Ok that's fine.

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn said:

It looked like he was hurt by those in each round to me that's why I think it happened. Floyd tends to get hotter as the rounds go on and Victor tends to tire himself out and leave himself open. That's the reason Berto had a good chance at coming back on him. Ortiz had begun to tire and didn't seem as banged up in the early rounds as he did against Mayweather.

With all that aside I wonder who Ortiz's next oppenent will be, he has a lot of good choices he could rematch Berto, fight Maidana a second time, or he could wait for Vargas or Floyd to have their fight against him and face Khan. I actually wouldn't mind him fighting Vargas either.

Yeah Ortiz was hurt... but he was still moving in on Mayweather trying to create some offense. Now Ortiz tiring during the fight is a good point... I still say he could have lasted 9 or 10 rounds... but the TKO would be coming or perhaps even the Dead Man Dance in one of those rounds. 
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By FLCL1

@Static Shock said:

@FLCL1 said:

You now have two warnings. Wanna go for three?

really?? clearly ive been gone to long

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Static Shock
@FLCL1 said:

No matter how long you've been gone, the rules have always been same. 
Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Mr. Smiths

@cascadeking09 said:

@Mr. Smiths said:

We'll have to see what Floyd says next. He says he wants to stay active for his fans but if he fights Manny next like he said then it wont be until next year, so he may take on another fighter first if he's planning on staying active.

Wonder who he will fight next? I'm sure he will win anyways so it does not matter.

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By FLCL1

@Static Shock said:

@FLCL1 said:

No matter how long you've been gone, the rules have always been same.

wasnt like i was blowing curse word out my butt it was two i can understand the warning for the f bomb but BS?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Static Shock
@FLCL1: I don't care if you're blowing profanity out of your nose. A rule is a rule. There was a guy in this thread that masked his profanity within his post. You can do it, too, if you really have to use profanity. 
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By ssejllenrad

I don't get people saying the Mayweather vs Ortiz fight was fixed. If you're gonna fix a fight, why make it controversial? Why make it out of the ordinary that people would be looking at it through a microscope? It doesn't make sense. It was a pathetic fight but it sure as hell ain't rigged.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By King_Saturn
I wonder if Bernard Hopkins will beat up on Chad Dawson. 
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By cascadeking09

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

Ok that's fine.

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn said:

With all that aside I wonder who Ortiz's next oppenent will be, he has a lot of good choices he could rematch Berto, fight Maidana a second time, or he could wait for Vargas or Floyd to have their fight against him and face Khan. I actually wouldn't mind him fighting Vargas either.

Yeah Ortiz was hurt... but he was still moving in on Mayweather trying to create some offense. Now Ortiz tiring during the fight is a good point... I still say he could have lasted 9 or 10 rounds... but the TKO would be coming or perhaps even the Dead Man Dance in one of those rounds.

Alright.

@Mr. Smiths said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@Mr. Smiths said:

Wonder who he will fight next? I'm sure he will win anyways so it does not matter.

Yeah it doesn't really matter but I think Pacquiao and Khan are the most likely oppenents for him in the future. If he has another fight late this year it wont be against Pacquiao and probably not Khan either since he has a fight in december also so I don't know. Maybe Berto since he has a new title and doesn't have any fights set yet.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By ssejllenrad

How bout Mayweather go up and fight Martinez? If he beats the Argentinian, that, I think, would cement his status as one on league with Robinson.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By cascadeking09

@ssejllenrad: I would love to see that fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King Saturn said:

I wonder if Bernard Hopkins will beat up on Chad Dawson.

Unlike most fighters, Hopkins has gotten better with age, so yeah I think he can win.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By King_Saturn
@ssejllenrad said:
How bout Mayweather go up and fight Martinez? If he beats the Argentinian, that, I think, would cement his status as one on league with Robinson.
In some ways Mayweather is in Sugar Ray Robinson's class already... but I still think Sugar Ray Robinson is probably the Greatest Pro Boxer Ever. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King Saturn said:

@ssejllenrad said:
In some ways Mayweather is in Sugar Ray Robinson's class already... but I still think Sugar Ray Robinson is probably the Greatest Pro Boxer Ever.

....What do you mean he is in Robinson's class?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Khan is horrible for Mayweather. He has no chance.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By King_Saturn
@comicdude23 said:

@King Saturn said:

@ssejllenrad said:

in some ways he is... Mayweather and Robinson both have Fast Hands and Great Combos... Excellent Boxing Records... the major difference is Robinson has More Power and his longevity in the sport is a little more obvious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King Saturn said:

@comicdude23 said:

@King Saturn said:

@ssejllenrad said:

in some ways he is... Mayweather and Robinson both have Fast Hands and Great Combos... Excellent Boxing Records... the major difference is Robinson has More Power and his longevity in the sport is a little more obvious.

Yes that's true, but Floyd doesn't get his respect unlike Robinson.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By King_Saturn
@comicdude23 said:

@King Saturn said:

@comicdude23 said:

@King Saturn said:

@ssejllenrad said:

Yes that's true, but Floyd doesn't get his respect unlike Robinson.

agreed
cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By cascadeking09

Martinez/Barker coming up tomorrow.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09 said:

Martinez/Barker coming up tomorrow.

Martinez will destroy him.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By cascadeking09

@comicdude23: He says he's willing to come down to 150 after this fight to face Manny Pacquiao.

sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#245  Edited By sexy_merc

Sergio getting it done.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martinez KO11.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247  Edited By cascadeking09

@comicdude23: I was impressed with Barker. Had he been a bit more aggressive he may have been able to go the distance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09 said:

@comicdude23: I was impressed with Barker. Had he been a bit more aggressive he may have been able to go the distance.

Same.

He had Martinez in trouble, but Martinez took control later and wore him down.

Good fight though.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By cascadeking09

@comicdude23: Yup. I can't help but wonder who Martinez will fight next, though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09 said:

@comicdude23: Yup. I can't help but wonder who Martinez will fight next, though.

Erislandy Laura? Dmirty Pirog?