Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By mikethekiller

@ssejllenrad said:

@mikethekiller said:

Why a boxing match gotta turn into a race war though?

When did it become a race war?

that's just the general atmosphere I get from the internet and actual people that were around me.

Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Telcalipoca

@mikethekiller said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@mikethekiller said:

that's just the general atmosphere I get from the internet and actual people that were around me.

thats just how most mixed nationalities/races creed whatever matches turn out.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By mikethekiller

@Telcalipoca said:

@mikethekiller said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@mikethekiller said:

thats just how most mixed nationalities/races creed whatever matches turn out.

But that's not how I am so it's kinda awkward for me.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By ssejllenrad

On another note... Morales won another belt! :D

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

@Mr. Smiths said:

@FLCL1 said:

thanks for the bump

just so everyone knows floyd mayweather won by KO in the 3rd round while ortiz was apologizing to him.

its legal because "fighters should protect themselves at all times" i guess respect is dead

also floyd picked a fight with the voice of the ring.....a 60 year old man -_-

figures he hangs with 50 cent

Think the fight was fixed.

No.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: The shot was legal.
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By ssejllenrad

@comicdude23 said:

Legal shot. Legit win. Still dishonorable. Both fighters exhibited unsportsmanship. I lost respect for both, especially Floyd. I never really cared for Ortiz in the first place.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ortiz shouldn't have dropped his guard after he tries to hug Mayweather lol.
lol at Floyd and Merchant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad said:

@comicdude23 said:

Legal shot. Legit win. Still dishonorable. Both fighters exhibited unsportsmanship. I lost respect for both, especially Floyd. I never really cared for Ortiz in the first place.

It wasn't a bad KO, it was quite smart and shows how you can quickly take advantage of a situation. It wasn't the best KO, but it was smart.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By ssejllenrad

@comicdude23: You call it smart. I call it cheapshot. All about perspective. :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad said:

@comicdude23: You call it smart. I call it cheapshot. All about perspective. :D

True. True. I guess it wasn't entirely fair, their needs to be a rematch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssejllenrad: Actually, Ortiz dropped his guard, and the ref said carry on, but Ortiz wanted another hug, it was legit AND the round was still going.
Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Mr. Smiths

@comicdude23 said:

@Mr. Smiths said:

@FLCL1 said:

thanks for the bump

just so everyone knows floyd mayweather won by KO in the 3rd round while ortiz was apologizing to him.

its legal because "fighters should protect themselves at all times" i guess respect is dead

No.

Seemed that way. Ortiz dropping his hands, letting his guard down, Floyd meltdown at the interviewer. All seemd rigged for some reason, Ortiz smiling when he lost, just seemd not right.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr. Smiths said:

@comicdude23 said:

@Mr. Smiths said:

@FLCL1 said:

thanks for the bump

No.

Seemed that way. Ortiz dropping his hands, letting his guard down, Floyd meltdown at the interviewer. All seemd rigged for some reason, Ortiz smiling when he lost, just seemd not right.

• Ortiz went to say sorry
  • Ortiz was losing on scorecards. He was frustrated, and he wanted to stall time
  • Ortiz probably smiled because he had a big pay day
  • He got angry at Merchant because he criticized his win
  • Ortiz wouldn't risk his WBC belt on a fix for his 1st title defense
Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Mr. Smiths

@comicdude23 said:

@Mr. Smiths said:

@comicdude23 said:

@Mr. Smiths said:

@FLCL1 said:

thanks for the bump

No.

• Ortiz was losing on scorecards. He was frustrated, and he wanted to stall time

Well it proably wasn't fixed, but it was a messed up ending, legit KO but still messed up. Ortiz should learn from this never let his guard down ever again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CaptainRodgers: And then Haye blamed his toe...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr. Smiths said:

@comicdude23 said:

@Mr. Smiths said:

@comicdude23 said:

@Mr. Smiths said:

@FLCL1 said:

thanks for the bump

No.

Well it proably wasn't fixed, but it was a messed up ending, legit KO but still messed up. Ortiz should learn from this never let his guard down ever again.

Agreed. He was ignorant in that moment.

Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Mr. Smiths

@comicdude23 said:

@Mr. Smiths said:

@comicdude23 said:

@Mr. Smiths said:

@comicdude23 said:

@Mr. Smiths said:

@FLCL1 said:

thanks for the bump

No.

Agreed. He was ignorant in that moment.

Floyd was ignorant too at the post fight cussing out the old man. Old man just voicing his opinion he did not curse out Floyd, but Floyd cussed him out and said HBO should fire him and all that crap. Cannot blame the guy for saying if he was 50 years younger he kick Floyd's ass.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#169  Edited By cascadeking09

@comicdude23: It's why they say protect yourself at all times. I agree they should have a rematch so Ortiz can show the world what he's made of. I was hoping for a UD for Floyd so that way Ortiz would look good too and get to fight some more great fighters in the future.

Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Mr. Smiths

@cascadeking09 said:

@comicdude23: It's why they say protect yourself at all times. I agree they should have a rematch so Ortiz can show the world what he's made of. I was hoping for a UD for Floyd so that way Ortiz would look good too and get to fight some more great fighters in the future.

I rather see Pacman vs. Floyd.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By cascadeking09

@Mr. Smiths: I wouldn't. That fight is dead in my mind. Too much complaining for 2 years just to finally give in and try to work around it. Manny and roach were both unsure of if Floyd would win and claimed that they would fight Ortiz next. They also said that Ortiz is one of Manny's toughest sparring partners, so I'm certain if they actually want this fight it'll happen soon. I don't think they really want the fight though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09 said:

Ortiz still has a great chance. He's young and will get more experience, he'll win another belt and that's for sure. But he can't do stuff like this.

No Caption Provided

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09 said:

@Mr. Smiths: I wouldn't. That fight is dead in my mind. Too much complaining for 2 years just to finally give in and try to work around it. Manny and roach were both unsure of if Floyd would win and claimed that they would fight Ortiz next. They also said that Ortiz is one of Manny's toughest sparring partners, so I'm certain if they actually want this fight it'll happen soon. I don't think they really want the fight though.

Everybody wants it. It's a MASSIVE pay-day.

@Mr. Smiths said:

@cascadeking09 said:

Floyd wins.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By cascadeking09

Freddie Roach: "I love Victor Ortiz, he's a great guy, I wish well. Can you give me a blueprint on how to beat Mayweather? And maybe we'll be fighting Victor Ortiz next and not Mayweather."

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By cascadeking09

@comicdude23 said:

@cascadeking09 said:

Ortiz still has a great chance. He's young and will get more experience, he'll win another belt and that's for sure. But he can't do stuff like this.

No Caption Provided

Agreed.

@comicdude23 said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@Mr. Smiths said:

@cascadeking09 said:

Floyd wins.

Don't get me wrong I want to see the fight, just not as much as I did. Any fight with either fighters have been exciting to me, boxing in general is fun to watch no matter who's fighting. I just don't think it will be as huge as everyone else expects.

I agree with that too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09 said:

Freddie Roach: "I love Victor Ortiz, he's a great guy, I wish well. Can you give me a blueprint on how to beat Mayweather? And maybe we'll be fighting Victor Ortiz next and not Mayweather."

Where did this come from?

Mr. Smiths

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Mr. Smiths

@comicdude23 said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@Mr. Smiths said:

@cascadeking09 said:

Floyd wins.

Dono who would win, they both great fighters. That fight would be a massive pay day thats why they both need to fight, plus it could go down as a classic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09: It'd be a-lot bigger and more publicized if it was truly confirmed and was confirmed as on. Then when everybody knows it's gonna happen everybody will go crazy for it.

@Mr. Smiths: It'd be one of the biggest fights in Boxing history, probably bigger than Tyson-Holyfield fights and Tyson-Lewis, maybe even Ali-Foreman, not sure on that though.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By cascadeking09

@comicdude23 said:

@cascadeking09 said:

Where did this come from?

It was an interview that Roach did a few months ago.

@Mr. Smiths: I'd go with the guy who has fought better completion and a higher skill set. In my opinion that's Floyd, Manny doesn't have anything Floyd hasn't already seen in the ring just a strong corner. After seeing Ortiz I don't think Manny's power will be an issue either. Floyd took some strong hits and anything else, he could just dodge.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09: He also has great defense and more accuracy.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By cascadeking09

@comicdude23: Exactly I was just about to ad that Floyd has alot more advantages going into the ring. Floyd greater speed, more accurate, taller, longer reach, and better defensive skills. Manny has more power. If Floyd goes at the heavy bag like he did for Ortiz and Shane he should do serious damage. Manny doesn't protect his face well and even against a guy like Shane who wasn't throwing many punches and isn't as good as Floyd defensively, Manny still ended up getting his face bruised and swollen and didn't land his usual amount of punches.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@ssejllenrad said:

@King Saturn said:

I must say that uh... the way Floyd Mayweather Jr. KO Victor Ortiz was sort of Messed Up. But it works I guess.

The whole fight was messed up. One deserved a lose cause he cheated while the other deserves the flames building up cause of the lack of class. All in all it makes Dana White happy cause it's another nail in boxing's coffin.

The whole fight was not messed up... just what happened in the last seconds of the 4th round between Ortiz and Mayweather. I would have liked to seen Mayweather dominate and beat Ortiz while in the flow of combat... not just take an easy advantage of a dumbfounded opponent who has his guard down. It does nothing to help embellish Mayweather's credibility... it's just an easy KO win for Mayweather against an opponent who had his hands down.  
PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#183  Edited By PowerHerc

Mayweather, Jr. vs Ortiz = More overpriced hype.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By cascadeking09

@King Saturn said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@King Saturn said:

I must say that uh... the way Floyd Mayweather Jr. KO Victor Ortiz was sort of Messed Up. But it works I guess.

The whole fight was messed up. One deserved a lose cause he cheated while the other deserves the flames building up cause of the lack of class. All in all it makes Dana White happy cause it's another nail in boxing's coffin.

The whole fight was not messed up... just what happened in the last seconds of the 4th round between Ortiz and Mayweather. I would have liked to seen Mayweather dominate and beat Ortiz while in the flow of combat... not just take an easy advantage of a dumbfounded opponent who has his guard down. It does nothing to help embellish Mayweather's credibility... it's just an easy KO win for Mayweather against an opponent who had his hands down.

In all fairness Ortiz had a chance to either get his guard up or strike back after he got hit the first time and instead looked at the ref like he expected him to say something. Floyd always hits his opponent to remind them that they are in a fight, he did the same thing to Mosley and after he hit Mosley Shane got upset but Floyd told him that he should keep fighting. The way Floyd explained it in the press conference is that he misunderstood Ortiz's intentions and he thought he was just tryin to touch gloves. Even if Floyd waited for Ortiz to get his guard up Victor would've just went down minutes later or in the 5th round.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On top of that I think Floyd landed something like 73 punches and Ortiz landing 26. Theirs a reason why he's unbeaten, he has the package.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By cascadeking09

@comicdude23: Yeah he was winning anyway, but I wish he hadn't done that. Now people actually have another reason to bash him.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@King Saturn said:

The whole fight was not messed up... just what happened in the last seconds of the 4th round between Ortiz and Mayweather. I would have liked to seen Mayweather dominate and beat Ortiz while in the flow of combat... not just take an easy advantage of a dumbfounded opponent who has his guard down. It does nothing to help embellish Mayweather's credibility... it's just an easy KO win for Mayweather against an opponent who had his hands down.

In all fairness Ortiz had a chance to either get his guard up or strike back after he got hit the first time and instead looked at the ref like he expected him to say something. Floyd always hits his opponent to remind them that they are in a fight, he did the same thing to Mosley and after he hit Mosley Shane got upset but Floyd told him that he should keep fighting. The way Floyd explained it in the press conference is that he misunderstood Ortiz's intentions and he thought he was just tryin to touch gloves. Even if Floyd waited for Ortiz to get his guard up Victor would've just went down minutes later or in the 5th round.

how do you know what's in bold ?????

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cascadeking09: Yeah, everybody will find a way to bash Floyd, they said Mosley was too big, Hatton too powerful, etc. And when Floyd wins, people just make up excuses. Floyd could have gotten a better KO (TBH, I was expecting Floyd to get a UD), but his KO was fine IMO. Could have been better, but is getting way too much criticism for that KO he had.

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By FLCL1

@King Saturn: he doesnt

speculation from a fanboy

FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By FLCL1

also why the fuck is ortiz still getting paid so much?

not only did he lose he didnt even last for 4 rounds wtf? no wonder why he was happy afterwards its a win win situation.

this is why people think boxing is fixed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FLCL1 said:

not only did he lose he didnt even last for 4 rounds wtf? no wonder why he was happy afterwards its a win win situation.

It isn't fixed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FLCL1 said:

Everything on CV is speculation but it's called debate.

@King Saturn: Floyd had more accuracy and faster hands. I'm not sure if he would have won by KO, he would have taken advantage of his frustration.

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By cascadeking09

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@King Saturn said:

because I saw the fight from start to finish. Ortiz did not get up by 10 from just those two hits. He had minutes left in the 4th and the whole 5th, he wouldn't be able to take more than that for 2 more rounds IMO. Ortiz specifically said that he blacked out after those hits.

@FLCL1: That's disrespectful I never said anything about you and I am not a fanboy.

Also Ortiz is guaranteed 5 mill I think.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@comicdude23 said:

@FLCL1 said:

@King Saturn: Floyd had more accuracy and faster hands. I'm not sure if he would have won by KO, he would have taken advantage of his frustration.

maybe... but I still think the KO overall was lackluster. It does nothing to really add to his career... he basically KO a dude who had his hands down and was dumbfounded at that moment. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King Saturn said:

@comicdude23 said:

@FLCL1 said:

maybe... but I still think the KO overall was lackluster. It does nothing to really add to his career... he basically KO a dude who had his hands down and was dumbfounded at that moment.

It could have been better. But take advantage of the moment. I didn't expect it, when I watched it live, so in the moment it was good. Looking back it isn't that good, but legit.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@King Saturn said:

because I saw the fight from start to finish. Ortiz did not get up by 10 from just those two hits. He had minutes left in the 4th and the whole 5th, he wouldn't be able to take more than that for 2 more rounds IMO.

@FLCL1: That's disrespectful I never said anything about you and I am not a fanboy.

Also Ortiz is guaranteed 50 mill I think.

Ortiz was dumbfounded and did not have his guard up at the point Mayweather popped him those 2 times... Ortiz was obviously taking the punishment of Mayweather the previous 3 rounds while in the midst of fighting him then. So I don't see why he could not last at least 10 of those rounds. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@King Saturn said:

because I saw the fight from start to finish. Ortiz did not get up by 10 from just those two hits. He had minutes left in the 4th and the whole 5th, he wouldn't be able to take more than that for 2 more rounds IMO.

Ortiz was dumbfounded and did not have his guard up at the point Mayweather popped him those 2 times... Ortiz was obviously taking the punishment of Mayweather the previous 3 rounds while in the midst of fighting him then. So I don't see why he could not last at least 10 of those rounds.

The punch that KO'd him was faster and stronger. It wasn't an ordinary jab like the previous rounds.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn said:

@cascadeking09 said:

@King Saturn said:

@ssejllenrad said:

@King Saturn said:

because I saw the fight from start to finish. Ortiz did not get up by 10 from just those two hits. He had minutes left in the 4th and the whole 5th, he wouldn't be able to take more than that for 2 more rounds IMO. Ortiz specifically said that he blacked out after those hits.

There is no way Ortiz is making 50 Million... Mayweather banks 40 Million on this fight... now maybe Ortiz could get maybe 5 - 10 million... but not 50 million. 
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By FLCL1

@comicdude23 said:

@FLCL1 said:

It isn't fixed.

never said it was

@cascadeking09: why would you assume i ment fanboy as a bad thing? your comment clearly showed bias toward mayweather

thats bullshit he lost he shouldnt get so much money

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By cascadeking09

@King Saturn: He wasn't exactly eating those right hands. If he were fully conscious and on his feet when the ref got to ten I would agree, but he had taken a lot of strong hits in the first 3 rounds and was unable to even stand up after than and had blacked out. It's not like Berto, where he just fell to the strong right and then got right back up.