#1 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

This just like the MMA thread is everything about boxing thread fill free talk anything about boxing fight fans...... 

#2 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Boxing is okay, it's nowhere near as entertaining as MMA is to me though I do enjoy watching Shane Mosely fight.

#3 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
"Boxing is okay, it's nowhere near as entertaining as MMA is to me though I do enjoy watching Shane Mosely fight. "

I still like boxing....But I love the MMA! Did you here Gaywhether's comments on MMA?
#4 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:

"Did you here Gaywhether's comments on MMA? "

I heard them. He said that only White people dominate in MMA because they are outclassed by Black and Hispanic fighters in professional boxing. He said that any boxer could become a champion in MMA, and boxing is an art, whereas the UFC is just a fad. He also said that MMA is for beer drinkers. Dana White agreed to set him up a match in the UFC as a result to his trash talking, but he declined (coward) and instead, gave a formal apology.

Miguel Torres challenged Mayweather, saying that he'd fight him anyway he wants. At the same time, he stated that Mayweather couldn't stand a chance against a mid-level MMA fighter, a B-level fighter, or a wrestler.
#5 Edited by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't Mayweather and Pacquiao fight next month?

#6 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" Don't Mayweather and Pacquiao fight next month? "
No Sir... that Fight was Cancelled 
#7 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
I cant believe I did not make this thread... I thought I was the only one who had more of a preference for Pro Boxing than MMA... I like em both... but I grew up with Boxing... not so much MMA... though MMA is growing at an incredible rate especially in Miami... 
#8 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" No Sir... that Fight was Cancelled  "
Blasphemy.
#9 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @King Saturn said:
Blasphemy. "
lmfao 
well they both were stupid for allowing the fight to be cancelled... there was a whole lot of money on the table for both fighters... and it all ended over that bogus Olympic Style Blood Test that Pacquiao did not want to take... 

but back to what I was talking about... you know one thing that heavily sits out between MMA and Boxing Events are the Overall Cards that are put together... usually MMA Events have a Better Overall Card to Go Along with the Main Event... but when Big PPV Boxing Events happen... they have some of the worse Undercards that you could imagine... I would cite the Undercard for Pacquiao vs Cotto for example... it was terrible.... so essentially you are paying 50 bucks for one good fight.... where as MMA Events you pay the same amount for a much better variety of talent of a Card... more fights to enjoy... 
#10 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
"@Lantern Prime said:

I heard them. He said that only White people dominate in MMA because they are outclassed by Black and Hispanic fighters in professional boxing. He said that any boxer could become a champion in MMA, and boxing is an art, whereas the UFC is just a fad. He also said that MMA is for beer drinkers. Dana White agreed to set him up a match in the UFC as a result to his trash talking, but he declined (coward) and instead, gave a formal apology.  Miguel Torres challenged Mayweather, saying that he'd fight him anyway he wants. At the same time, he stated that Mayweather couldn't stand a chance against a mid-level MMA fighter, a B-level fighter, or a wrestler. "
Im not taking anythign away from the guy I know that Maywhether isn't the P4P of alltime just cause he has a 0 in the loss column. I hate it when guys present that to me and want to make that claim that hes the greatest P4P ever.... 

He talks too much shi, when I heard his comments about MMA it made respect him even less..I didn't hear where he came out and apologized afterwards thoguh... 

@King Saturn said:
"I cant believe I did not make this thread... I thought I was the only one who had more of a preference for Pro Boxing than MMA... I like em both... but I grew up with Boxing... not so much MMA... though MMA is growing at an incredible rate especially in Miami...  "
The first fight I saw was Roy Jones back in the 90s.... But MMA is growing and I want to be apart of it...I know I can't make in Boxing because you have to get at it at a early age but MMA utilizes all forms of afighting and with training I know I can be good at it...
#11 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
" @Static Shock said:
"@Lantern Prime said:

I heard them. He said that only White people dominate in MMA because they are outclassed by Black and Hispanic fighters in professional boxing. He said that any boxer could become a champion in MMA, and boxing is an art, whereas the UFC is just a fad. He also said that MMA is for beer drinkers. Dana White agreed to set him up a match in the UFC as a result to his trash talking, but he declined (coward) and instead, gave a formal apology.  Miguel Torres challenged Mayweather, saying that he'd fight him anyway he wants. At the same time, he stated that Mayweather couldn't stand a chance against a mid-level MMA fighter, a B-level fighter, or a wrestler. "
Im not taking anythign away from the guy I know that Maywhether isn't the P4P of alltime just cause he has a 0 in the loss column. I hate it when guys present that to me and want to make that claim that hes the greatest P4P ever.... 

He talks too much shi, when I heard his comments about MMA it made respect him even less..I didn't hear where he came out and apologized afterwards thoguh... 

@King Saturn said:
"I cant believe I did not make this thread... I thought I was the only one who had more of a preference for Pro Boxing than MMA... I like em both... but I grew up with Boxing... not so much MMA... though MMA is growing at an incredible rate especially in Miami...  "
The first fight I saw was Roy Jones back in the 90s.... But MMA is growing and I want to be apart of it...I know I can't make in Boxing because you have to get at it at a early age but MMA utilizes all forms of afighting and with training I know I can be good at it... "
well actually some dudes dont get into Boxing until there Mid to Late Teens and they go on to have Productive Careers... but if you really believe you can do the MMA thing... then go for it... you are correct... MMA is growing at an amazing rate... MMA Facilities are opening up left and right down here in Florida... MMA is a lot of work though... more work than just Boxing... there is much more to learn in MMA... therefore you really are gonna have to work your ass off bro
#12 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
"Im not taking anythign away from the guy I know that Maywhether isn't the P4P of alltime just cause he has a 0 in the loss column. I hate it when guys present that to me and want to make that claim that hes the greatest P4P ever.... 

At first, he responded to Dana, asking why he would enter fight that would only pay hundreds of thousands, when he could enter a boxing ring and make 20 million. Then, Dana offered to let him fight for 2 million, and Mayweather declined after that, prior to his apology.

@King Saturn said:
"
well they both were stupid for allowing the fight to be cancelled... there was a whole lot of money on the table for both fighters... and it all ended over that bogus Olympic Style Blood Test that Pacquiao did not want to take... 
Perhaps Pacquiao is on some drugs.
#13 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said: 

@King Saturn said:
"
Perhaps Pacquiao is on some drugs. "
its highly possible... 
#14 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @King Saturn said:
Blasphemy. "
lmfao 

but back to what I was talking about... you know one thing that heavily sits out between MMA and Boxing Events are the Overall Cards that are put together... usually MMA Events have a Better Overall Card to Go Along with the Main Event... but when Big PPV Boxing Events happen... they have some of the worse Undercards that you could imagine... I would cite the Undercard for Pacquiao vs Cotto for example... it was terrible.... so essentially you are paying 50 bucks for one good fight.... where as MMA Events you pay the same amount for a much better variety of talent of a Card... more fights to enjoy... 
"

1) Im gonna post a video on what Teddy Atlas said ont hat subject. I watched that episode of Friday Night Fights a month ago... 

2) I agree with you, I remeber waiting for the Pacquiao/Cotto fight and all I remeber was sleeping through the other cards and then woke up in time to see the Main event where as I watch the Strikeforce bouts last month and enjoying all the fights I saw even the one with Herschel Walker fighting.....
#15 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @King Saturn said:
Blasphemy. "
lmfao 

"
1) Im gonna post a video on what Teddy Atlas said ont hat subject. I watched that episode of Friday Night Fights a month ago...  2) I agree with you, I remeber waiting for the Pacquiao/Cotto fight and all I remeber was sleeping through the other cards and then woke up in time to see the Main event where as I watch the Strikeforce bouts last month and enjoying all the fights I saw even the one with Herschel Walker fighting..... "
1. alrighty... I would like to see that 
2. indeed... its one of the reasons Boxing is dying out... they dont produce enough impressive fights on a consistent basis... let alone one Card or PPV Event... and what happened to the HW Boxing Division it seems like that motherfu#ka imploded or something... cause outside of the Klitchko brothers... who is worth mentioning
#16 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Pro Boxing can't fill modern America's lust for violence

#17 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" Pro Boxing can't fill modern America's lust for violence "
well it actually did for 100 years or so ( 1890's - 1990's ) 
#18 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" Pro Boxing can't fill modern America's lust for violence "
well it actually did for 100 years or so ( 1890's - 1990's )  "
Ya but allot of stuff in our films and TV and other media would be frowned upon even 20 years ago we have way more violence in our society so people like the gore and violence that is multiplied in UFC I like boxing better my self which is why it sucks
#19 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @King Saturn said:
Blasphemy. "
lmfao 

"
1) Im gonna post a video on what Teddy Atlas said ont hat subject. I watched that episode of Friday Night Fights a month ago...  2) I agree with you, I remeber waiting for the Pacquiao/Cotto fight and all I remeber was sleeping through the other cards and then woke up in time to see the Main event where as I watch the Strikeforce bouts last month and enjoying all the fights I saw even the one with Herschel Walker fighting..... "
2. indeed... its one of the reasons Boxing is dying out... they dont produce enough impressive fights on a consistent basis... let alone one Card or PPV Event... and what happened to the HW Boxing Division it seems like that motherfu#ka imploded or something... cause outside of the Klitchko brothers... who is worth mentioning
"

David Tua and Eddie Chambers are the only other HW that can challenge them....I predict a huge upset "Fast" Eddie Chambers over Wladimir Kiltchko next month.....I'd like to see the big guy Tua move back up in the ranks and fight for the HW title.... Hes like a poor man's Mike Tyson..... 

#20 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @King Saturn said:
Blasphemy. "
lmfao 

"
"

David Tua and Eddie Chambers are the only other HW that can challenge them....I predict a huge upset "Fast" Eddie Chambers over Wladimir Kiltchko next month.....I'd like to see the big guy Tua move back up in the ranks and fight for the HW title.... Hes like a poor man's Mike Tyson..... 

"
well isnt this interesting
#21 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Static Shock said:
" @King Saturn said:
Blasphemy. "
lmfao 

"
"

"
well isnt this interesting "

Yeah it is... or is it BS?
#22 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
its hard to tell... but it looks like Pacquiao could have been taking some Drugs... its highly possible he was... 
#23 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"its hard to tell... but it looks like Pacquiao could have been taking some Drugs... its highly possible he was...  "

That maybe but i'll wait later on hte year before I make a actual decision on what to believe......
#24 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
"its hard to tell... but it looks like Pacquiao could have been taking some Drugs... its highly possible he was...  "
That maybe but i'll wait later on hte year before I make a actual decision on what to believe...... "
well whatever it maybe... if they dont get this Paqcuiao vs Mayweather fight under contract... it will only help quicken the decline of the sport of Pro Boxing... 
#25 Posted by Mr. Smiths (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

Boxing ass. Dead sport now man.
#26 Posted by Mr. Smiths (1912 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
That maybe but i'll wait later on hte year before I make a actual decision on what to believe...... "
well whatever it maybe... if they dont get this Paqcuiao vs Mayweather fight under contract... it will only help quicken the decline of the sport of Pro Boxing...  "

The sport already dead bro.
#27 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
well whatever it maybe... if they dont get this Paqcuiao vs Mayweather fight under contract... it will only help quicken the decline of the sport of Pro Boxing...  "
The sport already dead bro. "
not totally... it still has some active supporters based on the fact that when big names have PPV Fights... they bring in good money still
#28 Posted by Mr. Smiths (1912 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
not totally... it still has some active supporters based on the fact that when big names have PPV Fights... they bring in good money still "

Well it wil ldie soon enough.
#29 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
not totally... it still has some active supporters based on the fact that when big names have PPV Fights... they bring in good money still "
Well it wil ldie soon enough. "
we shall see
#30 Posted by Mr. Smiths (1912 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
we shall see "

Lets say if Mike Tyson fought a good heavyweight fighter, would that garner mainstream attention?
#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Boxing is corny now.All people do is talk sh#t.All the guys that used to be good are hacks now.

#32 Posted by Mr. Smiths (1912 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"Boxing is corny now.All people do is talk sh#t.All the guys that used to be good are hacks now. "

Agreed. Golden Age of boxing was great with Joe Louis, along with Silver Age with Ali and Bronze Age with Mike Tyson. But modern age boxing SUCKS!!!!!!
#33 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
we shall see "
Lets say if Mike Tyson fought a good heavyweight fighter, would that garner mainstream attention? "
it would to a degree... I mean it could at least give us someone to fight those Klitchko Brothers... and that could generate some hype for Boxing again... momentarily at least
#34 Posted by Mr. Smiths (1912 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
we shall see "
Lets say if Mike Tyson fought a good heavyweight fighter, would that garner mainstream attention? "
it would to a degree... I mean it could at least give us someone to fight those Klitchko Brothers... and that could generate some hype for Boxing again... momentarily at least "

What a Tyson vs. Klitchko fight? Could Roy Jones Jr. make heavyweight? If so a Tyson vs. Jones Jr fight be interesting.
#35 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Smiths said:
"@King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Mr. Smiths said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
we shall see "
it would to a degree... I mean it could at least give us someone to fight those Klitchko Brothers... and that could generate some hype for Boxing again... momentarily at least "
What a Tyson vs. Klitchko fight? Could Roy Jones Jr. make heavyweight? If so a Tyson vs. Jones Jr fight be interesting. "

Tyson and Jones hyoped that up in 2003 it never happend....
#36 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
"    Sugar Shane Mosley and Floyd Maywhether gettin a scuffle....

http://espn.go.com/boxing/     "
yeah I saw that... honestly I would not be shocked if Sugar Shane Mosley put an L on Mayweather's Untarnished Record...
#38 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Lantern Prime said:

yeah I saw that... honestly I would not be shocked if Sugar Shane Mosley put an L on Mayweather's Untarnished Record... "

Honestly, iv'e been picking Sugar Shane to beat Gaywheather...
#39 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Lantern Prime said:

yeah I saw that... honestly I would not be shocked if Sugar Shane Mosley put an L on Mayweather's Untarnished Record... "
Honestly, iv'e been picking Sugar Shane to beat Gaywheather... "
picked... as in you have money riding on a bet with someone else ?
#40 Posted by Mr. Smiths (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

So why Tyson vs. Jones never happened then? Thats back when both fighters were still good. 

Also Mosley is a great fighter and can take down Mayweather. 

Wsh we saw Mayweather vs. Pacqulao, but I think Floyd afraid to take a L from him.

#41 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Smiths said:
"

So why Tyson vs. Jones never happened then? Thats back when both fighters were still good. 

Wsh we saw Mayweather vs. Pacqulao, but I think Floyd afraid to take a L from him.

"
they couldnt agree on the numbers... both felt that they deserved the most money of the purse... 
#42 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @Lantern Prime said:

Honestly, iv'e been picking Sugar Shane to beat Gaywheather... "
picked... as in you have money riding on a bet with someone else ? "

Naw I ain't bettin ......im just confident in my pick...

@Mr. Smiths said:
"

"

No....Tyson was done after he got put in jail 10 yrs before that...  They probably just hyping things up at the time...  

And on the part ..... 

#43 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
alrighty...
#44 Posted by Mr. Smiths (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

No Tyson could still fight after he came outta jail, just got beat by 2 good fighters. Then he was just in it at the end for money and did not care if he won or lost.  

Also whats with the Mayweather KFC crap???????
#45 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
I am starting to think David Tua maybe one of the Greatest Power Punchers ever... I mean like Top 5 

1. Mike Tyson 
2. George Foreman 
3. Joe Louis 
4. Sugar Ray Robinson 
5. David Tua
#46 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:

"I am starting to think David Tua maybe one of the Greatest Power Punchers ever... I mean like Top 5 

1. Mike Tyson 
2. George Foreman 
3. Joe Louis 
4. Sugar Ray Robinson 
5. David Tua
"

My top 5  is.... 

1) George Foreman 

2)   Sonny Listen 

3)  Mike Tyson 

4) Ken "Jawbreaker" Norton 

5)  Joe Frazier 

David Tua is in the top 10..... 

#47 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mr. Smiths said:
"No Tyson could still fight after he came outta jail, just got beat by 2 good fighters. Then he was just in it at the end for money and did not care if he won or lost.   Also whats with the Mayweather KFC crap??????? "

When he got out of jail he wasn't the same and was past his prime... 

Kentucky Floyd Chicken......Hes a  coward....
#48 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:

"I am starting to think David Tua maybe one of the Greatest Power Punchers ever... I mean like Top 5 

1. Mike Tyson 
2. George Foreman 
3. Joe Louis 
4. Sugar Ray Robinson 
5. David Tua
"

My top 5  is....  1) George Foreman  2)   Sonny Listen     3)  Mike Tyson  4) Ken "Jawbreaker" Norton  5)  Joe Frazier   David Tua is in the top 10.....   "
Sonny Listen is a good call... Ken Norton is pretty good too... though I dont think either of them have the variety of punches that Sugar Ray Robinson had... 
#49 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:

1. Mike Tyson 
2. George Foreman 
3. Joe Louis 
4. Sugar Ray Robinson 
5. David Tua
"

My top 5  is....  1) George Foreman  2)   Sonny Listen     3)  Mike Tyson  4) Ken "Jawbreaker" Norton  5)  Joe Frazier   David Tua is in the top 10.....   "
Sonny Listen is a good call... Ken Norton is pretty good too... though I dont think either of them have the variety of punches that Sugar Ray Robinson had...  "

Im talking about Heavy Weights..... Considering that Heavyweights are usually the ones knocking people out....  The reason why I put Listen over Iron Mike is because he was knocking gus out at age 40 like it was nothing.....He was killing cats when he was younger at a greater degree...

#50 Posted by King Saturn (224033 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@Lantern Prime said:
" @King Saturn said:

1. Mike Tyson 
2. George Foreman 
3. Joe Louis 
4. Sugar Ray Robinson 
5. David Tua
"

Sonny Listen is a good call... Ken Norton is pretty good too... though I dont think either of them have the variety of punches that Sugar Ray Robinson had...  "
Im talking about Heavy Weights..... Considering that Heavyweights are usually the ones knocking people out....  The reason why I put Listen over Iron Mike is because he was knocking gus out at age 40 like it was nothing.....He was killing cats when he was younger at a greater degree...  "
it aint just Heavweights that have Knockout Power though... I recall Sugar Ray Robinson having over 100 KOs with 175 wins in his career... he had Knockout Power... and he had a variety of ways to Knock you Out...