• 76 results
Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

I figure it should have being done a long time ago since we already have an official thread for the Elder Scrolls games... Here we talk about anything related to Assassin's Creed, from our favorite moments, any news or trivia regarding the games or historical events related to them. And I figure it might as well be me to create a thread for this ;)

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Altair FTW.

Orician_Seis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So for me the first game will forever be the best. Granted yes it was repetitive, but Altair was such a great character. Ezio to me was just sooooo whiny. I just couldn't come to like him. Revelations is the only game I have yet to play out of the series. So maybe he got better. Conner was...well.... I just like to pretend there was no Assassins creed 3. Edward is my second favorite out of the bunch. Liked his attitude much more than Conner or Ezio.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ubisoft smh.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump?

PotatoOfDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PotatoOfDoom

Hm...

I would kill for a AC set in Victorian England.(londonpls). >_>

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I love the series and I can't wait for AC5 to be announced. Crossing my fingers for it being set in either Japan or Victorian London era setting. Also a game set during the French Revolution would be interesting as well.

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mikesterman

i would love for them to do post civil war US

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated AC3 and Connor. The game itself was just too different from the ones before it. It felt much more like a computer game within a computer game than it did previously. I disliked the graphics as well. Connor himself was terrible. I get that he was quite tragic, but it was a bore to play through for me. His demeanor was annoying, he was angry all the damn time and he just seemed like a grade-A butthole. I loved Ezio, especially since you grew with him. In AC2, all that time playing as him just made me love him more. AC2 is my favourite out of the entire series and what I compare each game to. AC4 just about loses to 2.

I was kinda pissed about the Desmond ending. After all the time you put into him and all the messiah talk to just kill him. It didn't make sense to me either, the assassins have guarded the freedom of mankind from the Templar's who are all about control, so why does he let Juno free after he's been told of her plan to enslave the world. I was kinda hoping for a modern day game with Desmond actually being an assassin. Include the hookblade and pistols with the ability to climb skyscrapers, it would be awesome. I personally would love suction cup gloves to climb glass. Leaps of faith would be difficult though.

Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Inverno

I hated AC3 and Connor. The game itself was just too different from the ones before it. It felt much more like a computer game within a computer game than it did previously. I disliked the graphics as well. Connor himself was terrible. I get that he was quite tragic, but it was a bore to play through for me. His demeanor was annoying, he was angry all the damn time and he just seemed like a grade-A butthole. I loved Ezio, especially since you grew with him. In AC2, all that time playing as him just made me love him more. AC2 is my favourite out of the entire series and what I compare each game to. AC4 just about loses to 2.

I was kinda pissed about the Desmond ending. After all the time you put into him and all the messiah talk to just kill him. It didn't make sense to me either, the assassins have guarded the freedom of mankind from the Templar's who are all about control, so why does he let Juno free after he's been told of her plan to enslave the world. I was kinda hoping for a modern day game with Desmond actually being an assassin. Include the hookblade and pistols with the ability to climb skyscrapers, it would be awesome. I personally would love suction cup gloves to climb glass. Leaps of faith would be difficult though.

You know, while I don't hate Connor at all (I do understand why some people hate him since he was unfair toward Acchiles and made bull-headed decisions in the game), I tend to dislike the majority of AC III. The story was surprisingly poorly written and paced like an ant pushing a large rock in a desert. I can't ever get over the fact, you have to expend three entire sequence playing with Haytham Kenway when we could have solved that in a single sequence - you have an entire first sequence dedicated to him having to settle an attempted mutiny suspected by the captain in the ship he is using for the Colonies, only turns out it was an Assassin that was leaving a trail for his allies to board the ship... Instead of you know, killing Haytham while he had the chance?

Then you gotta wait for f**king Sequence 5 to see Connor wearing the Assassin outfit, goddamn, Ezio was f*cking hunting the Pazzi on AC II' Sequence 5 and he was wearing that costume since the end of Sequence 1. In a lot of ways, AC III reminesces about the first AC game, the side assassinations work almost the same way, you have an big location connecting the cities you visit in the game (Frontier/Kingdom) and hell even Connor sounds like Altair, despite they having not the same voice actor.

But what really killed the game for me was the ending for both Connor and Desmond. Connor get his revenge against Charles Lee, but his freedom ideals are shattered when it turns out the Colonists end up driving his people away from their lands due to them supporting the British. His mentor Acchiles is dead by the end of the game and he is forced to kill his father Haytham (who I was sincerely expecting to turn away from the Templar ideals and become redeemed in some way). While I did hate Desmond's ending too, I will give it this. He probably thought that that if let Juno be resurrected, then his friends would have a better chance of opposing her. That was the reason behind it, but I hated how f**king open ended they made this supposed final chapter in his saga and how anticlimatic it ends.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inverno: I would've preferred if Connor had failed as an assassin and Charles Lee killed him, causing Haytham to become an assassin. Which makes more sense considering that Haytham learnt the templars killed his father and sold his sister in between this time. I have no idea why he became more of a typical templar after his reveal. Before that he was nice and kind, a real honourable gentleman. Once they had him revealed as a Templar it's like they just copied the Borgia template.

Also, I realise Desmond has faith in his friends, but she's vastly more powerful than them.

The cities were bad for free roaming as well. NY and boston were awful and the trees in the frontier were even worse. You could only go one or two ways through the trees and often would end up in a dead end. The hunting was the only thing I actually liked.

mikesterman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

have you guys played freedom cry? its a great game...

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rogueshadow  Moderator

Ezio is the true legend. Altair can suck it.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

have you guys played freedom cry? its a great game...

I do plan on playing it as well as review it in the future, along with Tyranny of King Washington.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Connor FTW!

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone here excited for Assassins creed Unity and the Assassins Creed Movie?

Oh and bump.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone here excited for Assassins creed Unity and the Assassins Creed Movie?

Oh and bump.

Nice to see someone dug this thread up :)

In all honesty, I am not looking forward that much for the AC movie. They have being talking on about it for a long time, but nothing solid has being shown or announced yet.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't believe people hate Connor. My first impressions on him weren't all rainbows and sunsets either but if you actually gave the game a chance and played through the Homestead missions, I found him quite lovable after that.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't believe people hate Connor. My first impressions on him weren't all rainbows and sunsets either but if you actually gave the game a chance and played through the Homestead missions, I found him quite lovable after that.

I do like Connor too (trust me, I do empathize a lot with his withdrawn nature). Just wanted the Homestead folk to have played a more important part in the story :\

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Connor FTW!

Native Americans be boss, my friend.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Yeah I agree, they have been talking about it for a pretty long time but no important information about the film has come out yet which makes me worried that the film might not end up being good since most video game movies tend to suck. But hopefully the films ends up being great. :)

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zaied  Online

@knightsofdarkness2: They have Michael Fassbender for Desmond at least. I think it's supposed to start shooting in August so I'd imagine we'll start hearing something soon if they're still set on releasing it in 2015.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: "Ezio is the true legend. Altair can suck it."

This guy knows what's up^

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@zaied said:

@knightsofdarkness2: They have Michael Fassbender for Desmond at least. I think it's supposed to start shooting in August so I'd imagine we'll start hearing something soon if they're still set on releasing it in 2015.

Fassbender said he won't be playing Desmond I believe, but he will be starring as a major character. Pedro Pascal would make a good Ezio for the sequel.

@rogueshadow: "Ezio is the true legend. Altair can suck it."

This guy knows what's up^

No Caption Provided

Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There were rumors that the movie will be based on Assassins creed: Unity and might be set in the French Revolution. So I guess Arno is probably going to be the assassin in the movie.

Avatar image for redxiii18881990
Redxiii18881990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I must admit I'm looking forward to unity. But if the co-op is like what they did in farcry 3 I'll probably not enjoy it. I'd rather be allowed to play the campaign full co-op drop in drop out rather than dedicated missions.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct: Yeah, I saw it yesterday on facebook. Though compared to the two trailers released for Unity, I have to say that I was a bit underwhelmed by Rogue's trailer. I like the idea of playing as a Templar, hunting down Assassin's, and feel this may cause people to wonder if the Assassin's are truly the "good guys." But the fact that it's ONLY for 360/PS3 is a turn off for me, as I've already moved up to next gen, ironically for Unity.

The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Deathstroker

@dragonborn_ct: Awesome. Always wanted to play from the Templar's PoV.

The biggest turn on for me is that it's ONLY for 360/PS3, as I have yet to move up to next gen along with most of the peeps I know.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@The_Deathstroker: @war_killer: Its unfortunate to hear. I am still unable to afford the PS4 and the Xbox One over here so I will just stick to the current gen for this time. If one hand, I am not be able to play Unity, at least I can do an Rogue review on the other.

Mike_Fowler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: this has already been shown in both ac1, a bit of ACR, and ac3

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All AC titles have major problems.

AC 1 - I never played it

AC 2 - I had billions of "dollars" and nothing to spend it on. The combat was ugly with swords bouncing off of people. The sticky parkor and running into people was annoying. Collecting feather was horrible. The wrist gun was a waste. etc

AC Brotherhood - Never played it

AC Revelations - The story was forgettable. The game was easy I cleared the entire game without dying once. The master assassin missions that you sent your creed on were tedious. The bomb crafting was wack. The hook blade added little variation between regular blades. The mission constraints were impossible at times. It was a filler title. etc

AC 3 - Connor was the worst. His personality was so linear. I didn't care for the politics of the plot it was over complicated. The series took itself too seriously. His father was actually pretty bada$$. The Naval missions were pretty good. The mission constraints were also impossible. The game also had bugs with the outfits and stuff.The frontier map was small. No point in hunting. The trading missions were useless. The horse sucked. Connor was practically unbeatable regardless of your equipment. The ending was rushed. etc

AC 4 - Tail missions were too repetitive. Not enough visual customizations for the jackdaw. I wanted to color my cannons and switch the color of the wood on my hull etc. He needed more meaningful outfits with stat increases. only the templar armor and hunting outfit meant something. More weapons and just more stuff to spend your money on. This would've made it more fun to be an actual pirate. Edward Kenway was a good pirate. Thats just stupid. I wanted to be able to kill civilians and do bad things too its fiction afterall. All my money went towards the jackdaw and thats it. The great inguna didn't feel like a base to me and the upgrades added nothing to the experience. They should've put marine life in the game while not on a mission and no the dolphins don't count. Legendary Sea monsters would've been a nice touch not just an easter egg. The Adimus fragments? really??

those are just some things that stood out for me.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@The_Deathstroker: @war_killer: Its unfortunate to hear. I am still unable to afford the PS4 and the Xbox One over here so I will just stick to the current gen for this time. If one hand, I am not be able to play Unity, at least I can do an Rogue review on the other.

Yeah, I think that was what Ubisoft was aiming for. They knew that not all of their fans had made the jump to next-gen yet, so they decided to make a game for those who are still playing on their 360/PS3.

But like I said, while I'll most likely have to pass on Rogue, the game itself does look interesting and I'm curious to see what it will add to the AC Universe.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Assassin's Creed II
  2. Assassin's Creed IV
  3. Assassin's Creed III

My top three of the franchise.

AC 4 - Tail missions were too repetitive. Not enough visual customizations for the jackdaw. I wanted to color my cannons and switch the color of the wood on my hull etc. He needed more meaningful outfits with stat increases. only the templar armor and hunting outfit meant something. More weapons and just more stuff to spend your money on. This would've made it more fun to be an actual pirate. Edward Kenway was a good pirate. Thats just stupid. I wanted to be able to kill civilians and do bad things too its fiction afterall. All my money went towards the jackdaw and thats it. The great inguna didn't feel like a base to me and the upgrades added nothing to the experience. They should've put marine life in the game while not on a mission and no the dolphins don't count. Legendary Sea monsters would've been a nice touch not just an easter egg. The Adimus fragments? really??

I agree with the tail missions. They were really annoying. Especially tailing a ship through foggy terrain trying to dodge those hard-to-see sand islands.

In regards of the lack of customization for the Jackdaw. I don't believe we should flaw a game because something you wanted wasn't there. I mean, compared to the last game, customization adds something. I wanted more weapons and diversity there too, but I can say that knowing that the last game outdoes it in that category.

You wanted to kill civilians? To what end, mate? I fail to see what that would have added to the game. However, Edward does kill his fair share of civilians. He ends up killing an Italian high-class scholar just to obtain his clothes to infiltrate a party and assassinate Rogers, going off my memory.

They should have put marine life in the game? I guess you didn't get to hunt for killer whales, humpbacks, bull sharks, hammerheads and great whites then? What about underwater exploration where you'll see fish, sharks, and eels? There's plenty of marine life if you ask me. Too many underwater animals would have just been a crowd.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Dragonborn_CT
@enemybird said:

AC 3 - Connor was the worst. His personality was so linear. I didn't care for the politics of the plot it was over complicated. The series took itself too seriously. His father was actually pretty bada$$. The Naval missions were pretty good. The mission constraints were also impossible. The game also had bugs with the outfits and stuff.The frontier map was small. No point in hunting. The trading missions were useless. The horse sucked. Connor was practically unbeatable regardless of your equipment. The ending was rushed. etc

Although I disagree about Connor (I actually quite liked him, but they needed to develop him better) I agree with some of these and I'd like to add more.

• Tutorials were forced (you simply could not progress unless if you learned the basics of most basics stuff)
  • Side-quests were less engaging.
  • Supporting characters had so little impact in the storyline. I didn't form an attachment to any of the Homesteaders since they are not important to Connor's quest, neither were the other Assassins. You could complete the entire plot without interacting with them ever.
  • Story was poorly paced (The prologue was important, but did it really needed to take 3 f*cking sequences and we had to wait too more until Connor dons his outfit?!)
  • The cities were less interesting to visit and there were only 2 of them (ffs, we could go on to Florence, Forli, Tuscany and Venice on AC2 and each one of them had their unique look, but Boston and New York looked the same).
  • Frontier map was actually too big, but there were not many interesting things to do in it.
  • Hessian f*cking Jaegers.
  • Haytham turned into a douchebag (I was expecting him to be reedemed in some way)
  • Charles Lee was such generic hate sink villain, even his appearence was stock (the only thing missing was an hat and him twirling his mustache). His "boss fight" is the both the most frustratingly hard and laughably pathetic climatic confrontation I ever seen.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MonsterStomp

@dragonborn_ct: Thoughts?

Loading Video...

I'm not as excited for it now.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MonsterStomp

As of recent, I am extremely disappointed in Ubisoft. I was really looking forward to a spin-off that involves the Templar side of things, but who would want to play Rogue? Its just the same old naval gameplay with souped up weaponry. Just the same old fort missions we saw in Assassin's Creed 3 already. The gun shooting various different bullet types? Please, the gun is a blowpipe replica. The option to dodge gunfire was better, but the damn gamer couldn't even pull it off perfectly. Does it even work? Dual swords again with same animations? My god, Ubisoft, Black Flag was your reboot! The following games are suppose to be superior. Look how much superior ACII was to the first game. Unity is actually looking a thousand times better. Man, what do you guys even do at your board meetings? Rogue is a DLC quality game. There is no way in hell I am buying it.

Rant over.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

@dragonborn_ct: Thoughts?

Loading Video...

I'm not as excited for it now.

I've seen the video and I definitely agree with your rant above. I was expecting to be pretty much based on Black Flag but for crying out loud, the HUD, the gameplay, everything looks like its an cut DLC. Its precisely why I wasn't nearly excited for it when it was announced. In all fairness, where we really expecting much from an last-gen console anyways?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In all fairness, where we really expecting much from an last-gen console anyways?

Truth be told, no. I guess I was just building the amount of epicness it could have been. I think a Templar spin-off would be a fantastic idea, but do it right, Ubisoft.

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dragonborn_ct said:

In all fairness, where we really expecting much from an last-gen console anyways?

Truth be told, no. I guess I was just building the amount of epicness it could have been. I think a Templar spin-off would be a fantastic idea, but do it right, Ubisoft.

That is why I am always careful about hyping anything. Even then I wasn't expecting to be literally cut from the same cloth's as Black Flag. The game's plot and story might be fine anyways, but even Brotherhood and Revelations made themselves stand out from AC II as spin-offs.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

I think Rouge actually looks pretty cool, I like the concept. I'll be buying Unity for sure, but I'll consider picking up Rouge after I see more information. I'm interested to see how the modern day story line will continue in Unity, considering 4 was pretty vague in it's modern story line. Come to think of it, how is the modern line going to work with two co-existing games? Needless to say it's got me curious and excited. Creed for life

Enemybird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Assassin's Creed II
  2. Assassin's Creed IV
  3. Assassin's Creed III

My top three of the franchise.

@enemybird said:

I agree with the tail missions. They were really annoying. Especially tailing a ship through foggy terrain trying to dodge those hard-to-see sand islands.

In regards of the lack of customization for the Jackdaw. I don't believe we should flaw a game because something you wanted wasn't there. I mean, compared to the last game, customization adds something. I wanted more weapons and diversity there too, but I can say that knowing that the last game outdoes it in that category.

You wanted to kill civilians? To what end, mate? I fail to see what that would have added to the game. However, Edward does kill his fair share of civilians. He ends up killing an Italian high-class scholar just to obtain his clothes to infiltrate a party and assassinate Rogers, going off my memory.

They should have put marine life in the game? I guess you didn't get to hunt for killer whales, humpbacks, bull sharks, hammerheads and great whites then? What about underwater exploration where you'll see fish, sharks, and eels? There's plenty of marine life if you ask me. Too many underwater animals would have just been a crowd.

Pirates are inherently bad. the fact the i couldn't plunder a civilian ship was kind of a turn off. It wasn't a deal breaker but I just wanted to able to be more evil. Like I said you couldn't interact with marine life while NOT on a mission. When I jumped off the side of the jackdaw I wanted to feel the fear that a shark might attack me which would've been a nice touch and added to the immersion. AC4 was the best title by far with the least amount of issues. But I think the lack of stuff to spend your money on has been a ongoing problem in the AC universe. the suggestions i mentioned would made the title even better in my opinion.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp said:

@dragonborn_ct said:

That is why I am always careful about hyping anything. Even then I wasn't expecting to be literally cut from the same cloth's as Black Flag. The game's plot and story might be fine anyways, but even Brotherhood and Revelations made themselves stand out from AC II as spin-offs.

Agreed.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By spartankobe

@monsterstomp: @dragonborn_ct: BTW, just wondering, do you guys think that Ubisoft is just milking by releasing every year? I haven't played the first and I haven't gotten Black Flag yet. I'm thinking about getting it, but I just feel like I will be disappointed.

Would you say the quality of the games decrease at every yearly release?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: @dragonborn_ct: BTW, just wondering, do you guys think that Ubisoft is just milking by releasing every year? I haven't played the first and I haven't gotten Black Flag yet. I'm thinking about getting it, but I just feel like I will be disappointed.

Would you say the quality of the games decrease at ever yearly release?

Ubisoft actually has other teams working on the next game 1 or 2 years prior to its release. Assassin's Creed 3 was a major step up from Revelations and that was released a year after. Black Flag was another few steps up from Assassin Creed 3. I'd say the overall quality of the games increase, despite the yearly releases. Assassin's Creed Rogue is a disappointment though. They literally just threw that together, it looks nothing like Unity. Unity actually looks mighty impressive.

spartankobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By spartankobe

@monsterstomp: I agree that AC3 was better campaign wise. Multiplayer wise, I honestly still think Revelation's is better.

Maybe I'll get Black Flag if it gets on a steam sale.

I really do not feel like spending 40$ on steam for it. Steam has made me so cheap. XD

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spartankobe: Pretty much what MonsterStomp said... Although the series did show signs of stagnance with Revelations - they had already stretched Ezio's storyline as far as they could and started throwing several ideas at once to see if it something sticks like tower defense.