#101 Edited by The Stegman (26106 posts) - - Show Bio

@referee said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Also if you haven't seen it check out Laid to Rest,

1. The thumbnail makes this look like a porno

2. @0:14 Is that Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones??

#102 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@referee said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Also if you haven't seen it check out Laid to Rest,

1. The thumbnail makes this look like a porno

2. @0:14 Is that Cersei Lannister from Game of Thrones??

Ha ha it does.

Online
#103 Edited by The Stegman (26106 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way guys, if you've never seen Trick r Treat, you should watch it, now, it's amazingly good.

#105 Edited by King Saturn (225190 posts) - - Show Bio

Laid to Rest

Online
#106 Edited by King Saturn (225190 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw has some awesome scenes...

Online
#107 Edited by Wolfrazer (7739 posts) - - Show Bio

So question, does anyone else realize that Jason and Michael( in his older movies) are actually the protagonists in their movies? Like they aren't the protagonists in the sense, they are the heroes but if you actually look at their character....what exactly are they doing wrong? I know killing people is wrong, however there are things to look at the two.

Jason Voorhees= All Jason wants, is to be left alone at his camp without anyone bothering him. Then what happens? We get a bunch of people, coming onto his land and ruining his peace...I mean you never see him leave the camp grounds except for specific reasons. He left in the 2nd to avenge his mother...perfectly reasonable, in where he goes to manhatten he kills those that were on his land on the boat..sure it was a little extreme that he went out of his way to get on a boat, and then chase the survivors all the way to New York, but I guess its the whole "you get on my land once, I am going to make sure you never come back!" sort of thought process.

With Goes to Hell...well his body got blown apart, pretty much covered there he wants his old body. Then you have FvJ which Jason was tricked by Freddy(who was his mother at that time, and Jason would do anything for her), then Jason X where he was frozen so he couldn't really help it. It isn't like the people aren't warned beforehand, that people were getting killed at the camp either...yet they are just too ignorant to heed said warnings.

Michael Myers= He doesn't want to kill his family, its just a curse that was brought upon himself. I mean he did cry with his mask off infront of Jamie, pretty much saying that he doesn't want to kill her but he has no choice in the matter.

So...its not that Jason/Michael are evil, they just either wanna be left alone or they have no choice in the matter.

Online
#108 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

So question, does anyone else realize that Jason and Michael( in his older movies) are actually the protagonists in their movies? Like they aren't the protagonists in the sense, they are the heroes but if you actually look at their character....what exactly are they doing wrong? I know killing people is wrong, however there are things to look at the two.

Jason Voorhees= All Jason wants, is to be left alone at his camp without anyone bothering him. Then what happens? We get a bunch of people, coming onto his land and ruining his peace...I mean you never see him leave the camp grounds except for specific reasons. He left in the 2nd to avenge his mother...perfectly reasonable, in where he goes to manhatten he kills those that were on his land on the boat..sure it was a little extreme that he went out of his way to get on a boat, and then chase the survivors all the way to New York, but I guess its the whole "you get on my land once, I am going to make sure you never come back!" sort of thought process.

With Goes to Hell...well his body got blown apart, pretty much covered there he wants his old body. Then you have FvJ which Jason was tricked by Freddy(who was his mother at that time, and Jason would do anything for her), then Jason X where he was frozen so he couldn't really help it. It isn't like the people aren't warned beforehand, that people were getting killed at the camp either...yet they are just too ignorant to heed said warnings.

Michael Myers= He doesn't want to kill his family, its just a curse that was brought upon himself. I mean he did cry with his mask off infront of Jamie, pretty much saying that he doesn't want to kill her but he has no choice in the matter.

So...its not that Jason/Michael are evil, they just either wanna be left alone or they have no choice in the matter.

Well I don't really view Jason as pure evil either and he is certainly the star of his own films.And whilst I agree Jason may have that side to him,he still is a murderer who kills innocent people.And I mean camp crystal lake is not actually his land,he kills people who come on it but I always thought it was because he was carrying on his mothers legacy and doing what he may have she would have wanted.I agree it is also to do with the fact that he wants people to not be there.

Regarding Michael I really dislike what they did with him.I prefer the mystery that he had in the earlier films.The way Loomis described him and whatnot.

Online
#109 Edited by Wolfrazer (7739 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: Well ya its not actually his land, but he seems to treat it as such given he doesn't want anyone around. As for Michael...I mean in some way I agree, but at the same time it also gives depth to the character rather then him being some random slasher going around and killing people. The only problem I found with it, was they kinda introduced the whole curse thing extremely late into the series...but then you kinda would have to figure why Michael was specifically going after his family members.

Online
#110 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio

Anybody seen Lords of Salem yet?

#111 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: Well ya its not actually his land, but he seems to treat it as such given he doesn't want anyone around. As for Michael...I mean in some way I agree, but at the same time it also gives depth to the character rather then him being some random slasher going around and killing people. The only problem I found with it, was they kinda introduced the whole curse thing extremely late into the series...but then you kinda would have to figure why Michael was specifically going after his family members.

I suppose but they could have done a better job with his background.H20 discarded 4,5 and 6 though.

Online
#112 Edited by Wolfrazer (7739 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@wolfrazer said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Well ya its not actually his land, but he seems to treat it as such given he doesn't want anyone around. As for Michael...I mean in some way I agree, but at the same time it also gives depth to the character rather then him being some random slasher going around and killing people. The only problem I found with it, was they kinda introduced the whole curse thing extremely late into the series...but then you kinda would have to figure why Michael was specifically going after his family members.

I suppose but they could have done a better job with his background.H20 discarded 4,5 and 6 though.

Says H20 is in an alt timeline, so I don't think it retconned anything. They could have yes done a better job with his background though. I don't see why though they would have to retcon anything.

Online
#113 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@wolfrazer said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Well ya its not actually his land, but he seems to treat it as such given he doesn't want anyone around. As for Michael...I mean in some way I agree, but at the same time it also gives depth to the character rather then him being some random slasher going around and killing people. The only problem I found with it, was they kinda introduced the whole curse thing extremely late into the series...but then you kinda would have to figure why Michael was specifically going after his family members.

I suppose but they could have done a better job with his background.H20 discarded 4,5 and 6 though.

Says H20 is in an alt timeline, so I don't think it retconned anything. They could have yes done a better job with his background though. I don't see why though they would have to retcon anything.

Oh I see.Yeah they could have.

Online
#114 Posted by King Saturn (225190 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's Gonna Ride...

Online
#115 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#116 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio
#117 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#118 Posted by King Saturn (225190 posts) - - Show Bio

House of 1000 Corpses was Awesome...

Online
#119 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio
#120 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#121 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: Well he's only had 5 films (House of a 1000 Corpses, Devils Rejects, Halloween 1 & 2, Lords of Salem) unless you count the Haunted World of El Superbeasto and there all pretty good.

#122 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: Well he's only had 5 films (House of a 1000 Corpses, Devils Rejects, Halloween 1 & 2, Lords of Salem) unless you count the Haunted World of El Superbeasto and there all pretty good.

Oh right.

Online
#123 Posted by The Stegman (26106 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer said:

So question, does anyone else realize that Jason and Michael( in his older movies) are actually the protagonists in their movies? Like they aren't the protagonists in the sense, they are the heroes but if you actually look at their character....what exactly are they doing wrong? I know killing people is wrong, however there are things to look at the two.

Jason Voorhees= All Jason wants, is to be left alone at his camp without anyone bothering him. Then what happens? We get a bunch of people, coming onto his land and ruining his peace...I mean you never see him leave the camp grounds except for specific reasons. He left in the 2nd to avenge his mother...perfectly reasonable, in where he goes to manhatten he kills those that were on his land on the boat..sure it was a little extreme that he went out of his way to get on a boat, and then chase the survivors all the way to New York, but I guess its the whole "you get on my land once, I am going to make sure you never come back!" sort of thought process.

With Goes to Hell...well his body got blown apart, pretty much covered there he wants his old body. Then you have FvJ which Jason was tricked by Freddy(who was his mother at that time, and Jason would do anything for her), then Jason X where he was frozen so he couldn't really help it. It isn't like the people aren't warned beforehand, that people were getting killed at the camp either...yet they are just too ignorant to heed said warnings.

Michael Myers= He doesn't want to kill his family, its just a curse that was brought upon himself. I mean he did cry with his mask off infront of Jamie, pretty much saying that he doesn't want to kill her but he has no choice in the matter.

So...its not that Jason/Michael are evil, they just either wanna be left alone or they have no choice in the matter.

Well I don't really view Jason as pure evil either and he is certainly the star of his own films.And whilst I agree Jason may have that side to him,he still is a murderer who kills innocent people.And I mean camp crystal lake is not actually his land,he kills people who come on it but I always thought it was because he was carrying on his mothers legacy and doing what he may have she would have wanted.I agree it is also to do with the fact that he wants people to not be there.

Regarding Michael I really dislike what they did with him.I prefer the mystery that he had in the earlier films.The way Loomis described him and whatnot.

You're not the only one who dislikes what happened to Michael, there's two timeline continuities to him, one is the Black Thorn timeline which includes movies 1,2,4,5,and 6 and the "Shape" timeline where his origins isn't explained, he just wants to kill Laurie, movies 1,2, H20 and Resurrection.

#124 Posted by The Stegman (26106 posts) - - Show Bio

Laid to Rest

I just watched it...it was good but my God the girl's stupidity annoyed me a lot.

#125 Posted by King Saturn (225190 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

Laid to Rest

I just watched it...it was good but my God the girl's stupidity annoyed me a lot.

ha ha... it was a good horror film.

The sequel was something else too...

Online
#126 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@wolfrazer said:

So question, does anyone else realize that Jason and Michael( in his older movies) are actually the protagonists in their movies? Like they aren't the protagonists in the sense, they are the heroes but if you actually look at their character....what exactly are they doing wrong? I know killing people is wrong, however there are things to look at the two.

Jason Voorhees= All Jason wants, is to be left alone at his camp without anyone bothering him. Then what happens? We get a bunch of people, coming onto his land and ruining his peace...I mean you never see him leave the camp grounds except for specific reasons. He left in the 2nd to avenge his mother...perfectly reasonable, in where he goes to manhatten he kills those that were on his land on the boat..sure it was a little extreme that he went out of his way to get on a boat, and then chase the survivors all the way to New York, but I guess its the whole "you get on my land once, I am going to make sure you never come back!" sort of thought process.

With Goes to Hell...well his body got blown apart, pretty much covered there he wants his old body. Then you have FvJ which Jason was tricked by Freddy(who was his mother at that time, and Jason would do anything for her), then Jason X where he was frozen so he couldn't really help it. It isn't like the people aren't warned beforehand, that people were getting killed at the camp either...yet they are just too ignorant to heed said warnings.

Michael Myers= He doesn't want to kill his family, its just a curse that was brought upon himself. I mean he did cry with his mask off infront of Jamie, pretty much saying that he doesn't want to kill her but he has no choice in the matter.

So...its not that Jason/Michael are evil, they just either wanna be left alone or they have no choice in the matter.

Well I don't really view Jason as pure evil either and he is certainly the star of his own films.And whilst I agree Jason may have that side to him,he still is a murderer who kills innocent people.And I mean camp crystal lake is not actually his land,he kills people who come on it but I always thought it was because he was carrying on his mothers legacy and doing what he may have she would have wanted.I agree it is also to do with the fact that he wants people to not be there.

Regarding Michael I really dislike what they did with him.I prefer the mystery that he had in the earlier films.The way Loomis described him and whatnot.

You're not the only one who dislikes what happened to Michael, there's two timeline continuities to him, one is the Black Thorn timeline which includes movies 1,2,4,5,and 6 and the "Shape" timeline where his origins isn't explained, he just wants to kill Laurie, movies 1,2, H20 and Resurrection.

Yep there is.I enjoyed Halloween 4 Season of the Witch not so much,which I guess is a film on its own,since they show the Halloween movie shown on the TV in one scene.

Online
#127 Edited by Smart_Dork_Dude (2685 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingjames447 said:

this movie was the most terrifying thing i ever seen at times i felt like vomiting oh god just thinking about it sends a chill down my spine...

GAH!!! PUT THAT THING AWAY!!!! I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT UT!!!!!

Anyway favorite horror films are as follows

1: The Thing

2: Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn

3: Texas Chainsaw Massacre(Original)

3: Psycho

4: Saw 2

5: The Hills have Eyes(Original)

And finally at number 6: Aliens

#128 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@smart_dork_dude: Some good picks.Some of them are some of my favourites too.

@deadite Did you manage to watch Salems Lost?

Online
#129 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

Just watched Cannibal Holocaust,yeah it was a pretty graphic and quite a grim film actually.

Has anyone else seen it? If you have what did you think?

Online
#130 Posted by The Stegman (26106 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: I started watching it..didn't like it, not because it was graphic, I just found it boring and stopped halfway through.

#131 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: I started watching it..didn't like it, not because it was graphic, I just found it boring and stopped halfway through.

I didn't find it boring personally but fair enough.

The film has face alot of controversy.

Online
#132 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: I started watching it..didn't like it, not because it was graphic, I just found it boring and stopped halfway through.

I didn't find it boring personally but fair enough.

The film has face alot of controversy.

Online
#133 Edited by KingOfAsh (3636 posts) - - Show Bio

I stumbled across this thing while searching images for a planet-sized monster. Makes Galactus look like a bloody teddy bear.

#134 Posted by dtm1980 (247 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the sci-fi horrors about mutating lifeforms and such (The Thing, Phantoms, Pandorum, The Mist) or those mixing religion with science fiction (Event Horizon). Also I used to love the classic zombie subgenre. Still do but the new stuff is getting very tedious, even the parodies. The madman/rage virus type films are a great substitute (Rabid, The Crazies, 28 Days Later).

Hate "torture porn" movies. I understand it's all about the visceral horror which actually frightens people and keeps them creeped out time after time, but Saw was terrible after they killed Jigsaw. He was a very intriguing villain. I'd even love to see him put Norman Osborn, Dr Doom and a few other villains in one of his mazes in a comic.

But my favourite villain/monster in any horror movie has to be Captain Rhodes from Day of the Dead. He was so intense he made Jack Nicholson look like a prankster in the Shining. And he gets the most awesome bad-guy revenge death in horror history.

These days though and as a writer myself, I'm always looking for original ideas a little closer to home and they really need to make Stephen King's 'Cell' into a two hour long grisly freaky horror epic. The idea of peoples' minds being wiped by a virus carried by code through phones and replaced by a murderous collective flock mind is creepy. But the context overall is pretty tragic too!

#135 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@dtm1980 said:

I love the sci-fi horrors about mutating lifeforms and such (The Thing, Phantoms, Pandorum, The Mist) or those mixing religion with science fiction (Event Horizon). Also I used to love the classic zombie subgenre. Still do but the new stuff is getting very tedious, even the parodies. The madman/rage virus type films are a great substitute (Rabid, The Crazies, 28 Days Later).

Hate "torture porn" movies. I understand it's all about the visceral horror which actually frightens people and keeps them creeped out time after time, but Saw was terrible after they killed Jigsaw. He was a very intriguing villain. I'd even love to see him put Norman Osborn, Dr Doom and a few other villains in one of his mazes in a comic.

But my favourite villain/monster in any horror movie has to be Captain Rhodes from Day of the Dead. He was so intense he made Jack Nicholson look like a prankster in the Shining. And he gets the most awesome bad-guy revenge death in horror history.

These days though and as a writer myself, I'm always looking for original ideas a little closer to home and they really need to make Stephen King's 'Cell' into a two hour long grisly freaky horror epic. The idea of peoples' minds being wiped by a virus carried by code through phones and replaced by a murderous collective flock mind is creepy. But the context overall is pretty tragic too!

Cool.Yeah alot of zombie films can come across as that.But I still enjoy quite a few them,Romeros Dead series are some of the best.

Now that sounds like a cool idea.I agree,Id almost argue that the Saw movies aren't necessarily horror,maybe more thriller/horror.

Ha good choice,he was an ass hole,but he was meant to be that kind of character.I liked Day of The Dead,and I really thought the portrayal of the zombies,and how they could learn was something interesting.

Online
#136 Edited by dtm1980 (247 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: Romero was the king back in the day and Land of the Dead was decent too. I say Saw but stuff like Hostel I had no time for. Gore just doesnt interest me without the comedy elements or unless its sharply executed

#137 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofash: I agree.

@dtm1980 said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Romero was the king back in the day and Land of the Dead was decent too. I say Saw but stuff like Hostel I had no time for. Gore just doesnt interest me without the comedy elements or unless its sharply executed

He was and it was,I enjoyed it,it was more faster paced than the others.

Yea I agree that gore should be used well,instead of it just been there.A good example of how to utilize gore properly is Alien with the chest burster or The Thing.

Or even when it isn't used much like in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre,because of how the film is presented and the title alot of people assumed that it was really gory even after they had watched,probably really because of the brutal atmosphere of the movie,and the use of suggestion.

They don't have movies like that alot now,alot of it just seems to be gore,and not even good gore in same cases with the CGI blood.

Online
#139 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

Watched a few fan films the one above is pretty good quite grim.They made a first part,but its age restricted so just thought I would post this part.

Online
#140 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35174 posts) - - Show Bio

@kingofash: I agree.

@dtm1980 said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Romero was the king back in the day and Land of the Dead was decent too. I say Saw but stuff like Hostel I had no time for. Gore just doesnt interest me without the comedy elements or unless its sharply executed

He was and it was,I enjoyed it,it was more faster paced than the others.

Yea I agree that gore should be used well,instead of it just been there.A good example of how to utilize gore properly is Alien with the chest burster or The Thing.

Or even when it isn't used much like in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre,because of how the film is presented and the title alot of people assumed that it was really gory even after they had watched,probably really because of the brutal atmosphere of the movie,and the use of suggestion.

They don't have movies like that alot now,alot of it just seems to be gore,and not even good gore in same cases with the CGI blood.

agree 100%

#141 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@kingofash: I agree.

@dtm1980 said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Romero was the king back in the day and Land of the Dead was decent too. I say Saw but stuff like Hostel I had no time for. Gore just doesnt interest me without the comedy elements or unless its sharply executed

He was and it was,I enjoyed it,it was more faster paced than the others.

Yea I agree that gore should be used well,instead of it just been there.A good example of how to utilize gore properly is Alien with the chest burster or The Thing.

Or even when it isn't used much like in the Texas Chainsaw Massacre,because of how the film is presented and the title alot of people assumed that it was really gory even after they had watched,probably really because of the brutal atmosphere of the movie,and the use of suggestion.

They don't have movies like that alot now,alot of it just seems to be gore,and not even good gore in same cases with the CGI blood.

agree 100%

Thanks.

Online
#142 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

I am writing a horror story comic.

Look at that, I managed to say something about horror AND whore myself.

Whore. Horror.

Whee.

#143 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

I am writing a horror story comic.

Look at that, I managed to say something about horror AND whore myself.

Whore. Horror.

Whee.

Ha ha cool.Well post a link of it here when you are done.

Online
#144 Posted by dtm1980 (247 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous:

By the way folks, you may or may not have seen the teaser, but George Romero is writing a story arc for Marvel coming out on Halloween

I know we've had Marvel Zombies etc. already and there's Walking Dead elsewhere but if it's a real old-school zombie take on the Marvel Universe instead of with superpowered talking zombies, I'd like to see that!

#145 Posted by dtm1980 (247 posts) - - Show Bio
#146 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@dtm1980 said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Whorror??? hehehe

Ha ha

@dtm1980 said:

@jonny_anonymous:

By the way folks, you may or may not have seen the teaser, but George Romero is writing a story arc for Marvel coming out on Halloween

I know we've had Marvel Zombies etc. already and there's Walking Dead elsewhere but if it's a real old-school zombie take on the Marvel Universe instead of with superpowered talking zombies, I'd like to see that!

Cool.

Online
#147 Edited by Referee (8209 posts) - - Show Bio

#148 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (18743 posts) - - Show Bio

@referee said:

That was pretty funny.Especially the eye in the wall.

Online
#149 Posted by Referee (8209 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader: It's a rip off from a scene from the movie Grave Encounters.

The movie is a better Blair Witch Movie type of Horror Film

#150 Edited by Ms. Omega (4543 posts) - - Show Bio