#1 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16858 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay so I am a big fan of horror it is one of my favorite genres,in particular in film.So I thought I would make this thread since I know there are other viners who love horror just as much as myself.So discuss everything,grotesque,gory,creepy and things that have to do with horror.

Who is your favorite horror villain? What horror movies do you love? And which ones do you hate? What is your favorite sub genre? Is there a film in the genre that everyone seems to like that you do not? Or is there one you like that everyone seems to dislike? Discuss these kinds of subject and whatever else you can think of on here.

Chi chi chi ha ha ha

#2 Edited by Deadite (16865 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader This is a great idea.

So here it is, this one is more like a Horror News update: Apparently The Shining has a 2nd novel on its way from S.K., I just realize this 2 days ago when Clevvermovie brought it up. The title is Doctor Sleep.

There might be a prequel movie waiting to get release, the studios bought the rights to The Shining's manuscript and that includes the draft S.K. wrote that's a prequel to the story. Studio is interested in turning it into a movie.

#3 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4517 posts) - - Show Bio

Michael Myers is my favorite, he's quiet, never runs, and he drives.

#4 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (16858 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

So here it is, this one is more like a Horror News update: Apparently The Shining has a 2nd novel on its way from S.K., I just realize this 2 days ago when Clevvermovie brought it up.

Thanks

Thats interesting

#5 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (16858 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74 said:

Jason is my favorite .But Myers is very creepy.Who knew a simple Shatner mask could be that creepy.

#6 Posted by Deadite (16865 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

So here it is, this one is more like a Horror News update: Apparently The Shining has a 2nd novel on its way from S.K., I just realize this 2 days ago when Clevvermovie brought it up.

Thanks

Thats interesting

(:

@evilvegeta74 said:

Jason is my favorite .But Myers is very creepy.Who knew a simple Shatner mask could be that creepy.

It used to be Myers who was my favorite. At one point they're evenly matched. The pure evil weirdness that's taken him makes him really hard to beat.

I wonder when we're getting another slasher versus film ):

#7 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16858 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite: I see a film of Doctor Sleep being made already even before the book has been published.

I think Jason then Leatherface is a second in terms of slashers then Freddy and Michael. Dracula and Frankensteins monster are my favorite universal monsters

Will we be getting another one? I mean FVJ was highly anticipated for years and it didn't turn out that great.Which is ashame since it could have been so much better.I don't think the film is the worse thing ever but it could have been better.

#8 Posted by King Saturn (222794 posts) - - Show Bio

Gore !

#9 Posted by Deadite (16865 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrdecepticonleader If the film does get made before the book is out, I'm waiting for the book. This one is special.

When you say universal monster, do you mean the ones published by the universal studio, or Hammer film? Or just generally universal?

I hope so. FvJvAsh almost got into production, Sam Raimi backed out because he has problem with the ending.

I would love to see any of the iconic slasher gets paired up to make a versus film, really. Probably anyone from the Horror Icon tournament we did.

#10 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16858 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

@mrdecepticonleader If the film does get made before the book is out, I'm waiting for the book. This one is special.

When you say universal monster, do you mean the ones published by the universal studio, or Hammer film? Or just generally universal?

I hope so. FvJvAsh almost got into production, Sam Raimi backed out because he has problem with the ending.

I would love to see any of the iconic slasher gets paired up to make a versus film, really. Probably anyone from the Horror Icon tournament we did.

I doubt it will since it will need to be based off of the book.

The classic monsters really like Dracula and the Wolfman etc.

Which ones would you like to see?

#11 Posted by BumpyBoo (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

This thread is awesome :D

Will return after some sleep but for now, it at least deserves a bump ^_^

#12 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (16858 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

Thank you.Was really hoping someone would bump it.

#13 Posted by xlab3000 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Posted by BumpyBoo (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

Well, that is what Bumpy's are for :) Have also been known to Boo, from time to time :P

#15 Posted by consolemaster001 (4473 posts) - - Show Bio

Favourite villian ? NO contest !

Also i urge everybody to see sleepaway camp. The last 30 seconds will haunt our dreams.

#16 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16858 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:

@bumpyboo said:

Well, that is what Bumpy's are for :) Have also been known to Boo, from time to time :P

Ha guess this is a good thread for you then. :)

@consolemaster001: Mine too.

#17 Edited by Vortex13 (12156 posts) - - Show Bio
The always underrated Severen, from the highly underrated Ne

Cut off the name of the movie, Near Dark.

#18 Edited by Vortex13 (12156 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean come on,

He's awesome!

#19 Posted by BumpyBoo (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo said:

@bumpyboo said:

Hehe, clever ;)

#20 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (16858 posts) - - Show Bio

@vortex13 said:

I mean come on,

He's awesome!

He is okay.

@bumpyboo said:

@bumpyboo said:

@bumpyboo said:

Hehe, clever ;)

:)

#21 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to big on gore, unless it's not over the top and makes sense in story.

I love my Classics, like Last House on the Left, and When a Stranger calls(the originals) I enjoy the modern things like The Collection or Strangers.

I dig on the Javanese horror as well.I like all horror...for the most par, cept gore garbage and Jaws...not scary.

Anybody see April Fools ?

#22 Posted by Vortex13 (12156 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to big on gore, unless it's not over the top and makes sense in story.

I love my Classics, like Last House on the Left, and When a Stranger calls(the originals) I enjoy the modern things like The Collection or Strangers.

I dig on the Javanese horror as well.I like all horror...for the most par, cept gore garbage and Jaws...not scary.

Anybody see April Fools ?

I loved April Fools.

#23 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by consolemaster001 (4473 posts) - - Show Bio

I am glad that this thread is getting attention

#25 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16858 posts) - - Show Bio

Just been watching a documentary about horror or in particular the slasher sub genre.

Its called Going to Pieces the Rise and Fall of The Slasher Films.It came out 2006 so its a little old but is still pretty good.

And about 34 seconds in on this part Stan Winston says something that I think is really accurate and I rather like.

#26 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite Horror films are:

1. Halloween 2 (the old one) I think this film came out in 1981 or thereabouts.

2. Scream 2

3. The Shining

4. Friday the 13th: The New Blood. It is not very popular, but I still liked it, for some reason.

5. Jeepers Creepers. I found the antagonist in this film to be somewhat amusing.

6. I liked most of the old Nightmare on Elm Street films.

I found Sinister to be a very scary film.

#27 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16858 posts) - - Show Bio

@edamame said:

My favorite Horror films are:

1. Halloween 2 (the old one) I think this film came out in 1981 or thereabouts.

2. Scream 2

3. The Shining

4. Friday the 13th: The New Blood. It is not very popular, but I still liked it, for some reason.

5. Jeepers Creepers. I found the antagonist in this film to be somewhat amusing.

6. I liked most of the old Nightmare on Elm Street films.

I found Sinister to be a very scary film.

Some good choices I enjoyed Halloween 2 I like the original the best but 2 is good.Shining is one of my favorites too. Nightmare on Elm Street series has some good films too. Haven't seen Sinister though.

#28 Edited by Referee (5589 posts) - - Show Bio

I am so in on this thread,

#29 Posted by dtm1980 (238 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to pick something that hasn't been picked yet...

The alien organism from Dean Koontz's Phantoms

Can take any shape or form, whether it be an existing creature of any sort or something out of your imagination or deepest fears.

Has a pretty sick imagination of its own and when it believes it's the devil it manifests its powers as the devil supposedly would.

And it's bloody intelligent, lucky for the human race, we have Peter O'Toole on our side... but for how long?

#30 Posted by Referee (5589 posts) - - Show Bio

I've not seen 30 days of night, Is it worth it?

#31 Posted by Shavo (2061 posts) - - Show Bio

this movie was the most terrifying thing i ever seen at times i felt like vomiting oh god just thinking about it sends a chill down my spine...

#32 Posted by deadpoolrules (4683 posts) - - Show Bio

this movie was the most terrifying thing i ever seen at times i felt like vomiting oh god just thinking about it sends a chill down my spine...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE HORROR,THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#33 Edited by King Saturn (222794 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone seen those Hatchet films ?

#34 Posted by Edamame (28002 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen Sinister though.

Well, if you do happen to see it one of these days, I'd love to know what your thoughts are.

I also (surprisingly) enjoyed Exorcism of Emily Rose.

lol

#35 Posted by Violens (540 posts) - - Show Bio

Underrated. the atmosphere and lighting in this film is awesome.

#36 Posted by King Saturn (222794 posts) - - Show Bio

@violens said:

Holy Crap

#37 Edited by The Stegman (20728 posts) - - Show Bio

My taste in horror movies varies...

Sometimes I like straight up slasher flicks like

-Friday The 13th, Halloween, Scream, Psycho, Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Sometimes I like gory stuff like

-Saw, Evil Dead etc

Sometimes I like monster/ghost/alien movies like

-28 Days Later (they're a type of monster :P ) Dracula, American Werewolf in London, Blair Witch Project, Paranormal Activity, Jeepers Creepers

And sometimes, I like dark comedies/ comical horror like:

-The Faculty, Trick r Treat, Idle Hands.

All the things I've listed by the way are among my favorite horror movies.

Btw, my favorite horror villain is Jason Voorhees.

#38 Edited by russellmania77 (13568 posts) - - Show Bio

still waiting for the sequel to freddy vs jason

the fighting scene between them was beyond badas

#39 Posted by King Saturn (222794 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually would not mine seeing Ash vs Freddy vs Jason in a live action film...

#40 Edited by Icarusflies (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

AW YEAH!
I'm a huge horror fan. While I have a fondness for B-movies, I'm up for a real horror film now and then.

My personal faves are the Re-Animator and Phantasm Series, and...of course...Troll 2.

I've been watching a lot of foreign horror, mostly Korean and Japanese as of late, and some of that stuff is really chilling.

#41 Posted by russellmania77 (13568 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually would not mine seeing Ash vs Freddy vs Jason in a live action film...

i would prefer michael over ash

#42 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16858 posts) - - Show Bio

@edamame: Okay ,thanks.

@king_saturn said:

i would prefer michael over ash

I think Ash would work better.But I guess that is down to personal taste.

AW YEAH!

I'm a huge horror fan. While I have a fondness for B-movies, I'm up for a real horror film now and then.

My personal faves are the Re-Animator and Phantasm Series, and...of course...Troll 2.

I've been watching a lot of foreign horror, mostly Korean and Japanese as of late, and some of that stuff is really chilling.

I really enjoyed the Re Animator series,I even enjoyed Beyond Re Animator which whilst the acting in parts was bad it was still pretty solid.West is brilliantly played.

#43 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16858 posts) - - Show Bio

@violens said:

I really didn't think that much to it to be honest.Its not reached anywhere near the fame Texas Chainsaw Massacre has and for good reason.

#44 Edited by Deadite (16865 posts) - - Show Bio

Coolduder suggested a new horror movie that's probably not that new, maybe its production began around 2011. He said the movie renaissance the 70s horror movies. Slow build up. For those that'd see these formula as cheesy, maybe would want to stay away from this one. An actress from the horror movie They Live (1988) is in this movie.

#45 Posted by mrdecepticonleader (16858 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

Coolduder suggested a new horror movie that's probably not that new, maybe its production began around 2011. He said the movie renaissance the 70s horror movies. Slow build up. For those that'd see these formula as cheesy, maybe would want to stay away from this one. An actress from the horror movie They Live (1988) is in this movie.

Have you seen it? Is it any good?

#46 Posted by Deadite (16865 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

No I haven't. I'm just about to though. You caught me preparing myself a cup of chocolate milk before I go into it. (:

#47 Posted by XIIXIIX (57 posts) - - Show Bio

couple things: 1) sweet thread

2) i actually liked all the batman movies from 1989 to batman and robin, especially the vibe they gave (almost a surreal feeling)

3) what. is lords of salem out ? i can't find it anywhere...

#48 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (16858 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadite said:

@deadite said:

No I haven't. I'm just about to though. You caught me preparing myself a cup of chocolate milk before I go into it. (:

Ah I see.Hope you survive it then :)

#49 Edited by Deadite (16865 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by mrdecepticonleader (16858 posts) - - Show Bio