#1851 Edited by TheFirstLantern (1510 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: when aren't they. Flacco is so inconsistent. Now it's worse that he has no receivers other than Smith and Jones.

#1852 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18925 posts) - - Show Bio
#1853 Posted by King Saturn (225046 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets see if Peyton Manning can bust 58 TD passes for the season.

#1855 Posted by inferiorego (28256 posts) - - Show Bio

@thefirstlantern: Bears lost a lot on defense after Urlacher retired. Briggs also got hurt recently. And they lost Melton in camp to a ACL and he was their best player.

Peppers, Tillman and company are getting old too.

Melton is not our best player. The problem is that Briggs and Cutler are out. Tillman is questionable after hurting his knee. Nate Collins and DJ Williams are out too. We still have Jennings and Peppers, although they haven't been producing as much as previous years.

One of the big defensive problems is Chris Conte. The dude instigates. He doesn't play.

There's lots of problems on the Bears this year, but luckily, it's not as much the OL, which has sucked hard the past few years. It's a new coach, lots of rookies, and this is more a rebuilding season than anything else.

Staff
#1856 Posted by King Saturn (225046 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else excited to watch the Bears get destroyed on MNF because our QB and ROLB, our two best players, are out?

I'm not.

It could be worse... you could be a fan of All Florida Pro Football Team... the Bears have more wins than All Three Florida Teams combined ( Chicago Bears : 4 - 3 vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins : 3 - 19 )

#1857 Posted by inferiorego (28256 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego said:

Anyone else excited to watch the Bears get destroyed on MNF because our QB and ROLB, our two best players, are out?

I'm not.

It could be worse... you could be a fan of All Florida Pro Football Team... the Bears have more wins than All Three Florida Teams combined ( Chicago Bears : 4 - 3 vs Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Miami Dolphins : 3 - 19 )

The Jaguars aren't a team, silly!

Staff
#1858 Posted by King Saturn (225046 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:
@inferiorego said:

I'm not.

The Jaguars aren't a team, silly!

lmmfao

#1859 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: Yes he was. He is one of the most underrated players in the NFL because he's an interior lineman.

#1860 Posted by inferiorego (28256 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager:

" Underrated" and "best" are two very different things.

Stats comparison for last year: All numbers from espn.go.com

Melton:

solo ast sck ff fr

32126.02 0

Peppers:

solo ast sck ff fr

Idonije (Now on Lions)

solo ast sck ff

Non-line Defense

Briggs:

solo ast sck ff fr yrd int

Tillman

Jennings

don't get me wrong, Melton is good, but calling him the best, when he's pretty much on par with a very strong DLine, a top CB and a top ROLB is a tad bit of a stretch.

Staff
#1861 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: stats mean jack. there is so much more to football than stats.

especially for an interior lineman who's job is to eat up blocks most plays.

#1862 Posted by inferiorego (28256 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: stats mean jack. there is so much more to football than stats.

especially for an interior lineman who's job is to eat up blocks most plays.

Stats are data and pieces of data are facts. You can tell someone all day long something, but unless you can provide evidence, it's just words. If stats mean nothing, then why bother keeping records?

Staff
#1863 Edited by Fallschirmjager (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

@inferiorego: They may be facts but they're not the whole story either. Offensive lineman don't get any stats, does they mean they didn't do anything?

Do you get a stat every time you eat up a double team that allows the linebacker to make the tackle without being blocked?

Do you get a stat for settting the edge and keeping the runner inside contain to get swallowed up?

Does a DB get a stat for locking down a receiver and keeping him covered all game?

-Furthermore, PFF ranked Melton I believe 2nd overall in run defense last year and 4th overall in pass rushing. I'm pretty sure he was ranked 3rd or 2nd over at his position behind Geno Atkins.

Stats don't tell the whole story. How good someone is or isn't has very little to do with stats.

#1864 Posted by Darling_Luna (4723 posts) - - Show Bio

Johnny Football to Tampa or Jacksonville ?

#1865 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (26841 posts) - - Show Bio

...the season have't started yet...

and I'm already afraid my Cowboys won't make the playoffs for the 5th freaking year straight. -_-

#1866 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

Soooo pumped. I'm heading up to Green Bay for the first time to catch the Packers play against the Viqueens on Thursday Night Football. Can't freakin' wait! GO PACK GO

#1867 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26841 posts) - - Show Bio

Soooo pumped. I'm heading up to Green Bay for the first time to catch the Packers play against the Viqueens on Thursday Night Football. Can't freakin' wait! GO PACK GO

You're so lucky to have a team that's almost guaranteed a playoff birth if healthy....also, DAT Aaron Rodgers.

#1868 Edited by BiteMe-Fanboy (8086 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

You're so lucky to have a team that's almost guaranteed a playoff birth if healthy....also, DAT Aaron Rodgers.

Rodgers is beast.

Cowboys need to get rid of Jerry Jones before they will become successful again. Football just doesn't seem the same with the Cowboys and Raiders sucking all the time.. I guess because I'm use to football in the 90's... When the Cowboys were tearin' everything up.

#1869 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26841 posts) - - Show Bio

...the season have't started yet...

and I'm already afraid my Cowboys won't make the playoffs for the 5th freaking year straight. -_-

Cowboys are going to make the Playoffs for sure this year if Romo is healthy, in your face biatch. :D

My thoughts....

1) Aaron Rodgers in the greatest QB is the NFL.

2) The Cowboys, when healthy and playing at 100%, is the best team in the NFC.

3) Cardinals are going to be one and done in the Playoffs.

4) The Patriots are still the sh!t.

5) Brady > Manning

6) The NFC South is historically bad.

7) Eli Manning is....well a shell of his former self.

#1870 Posted by dboyrules2011 (14664 posts) - - Show Bio

Rams beat the f*ck out of Broncos. xD

#1871 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3830 posts) - - Show Bio

nothing was as bad as the Eagles beating at the hands of Green Bay

#1872 Posted by dboyrules2011 (14664 posts) - - Show Bio

@dboyrules2011 said:

Rams hurt three of their players and held that amazing offense to 7 points. I think that's worst than what Packers done to Eagles.

#1873 Edited by dccomicsrule2011 (26841 posts) - - Show Bio

@theamazingimmortalman said:

@dboyrules2011 said:

Rams hurt three of their players and held that amazing offense to 7 points. I think that's worst than what Packers done to Eagles.

I agree.

It was bound to happen, we all know Sanchez sucks, but Peyton being held to 7 points? With that offense, against a decent Rams team at best?

#1874 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3830 posts) - - Show Bio

@dboyrules2011 said:

@dboyrules2011 said:

I agree.

It was bound to happen, we all know Sanchez sucks, but Peyton being held to 7 points? With that offense, against a decent Rams team at best?

I guess, it was just embarrassing....

#1875 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26841 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@dboyrules2011 said:

@dboyrules2011 said:

I agree.

True, but I'm a Cowboys fan so I enjoyed it. ^-^

#1876 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3830 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011 said:
@dboyrules2011 said:

@dboyrules2011 said:

I agree.

True, but I'm a Cowboys fan so I enjoyed it. ^-^

lol I bet.....I'm a Jets fan so I just kinda hope and pray most seasons.....