• 57 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would you want to be in an all black avengers?

#2 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the idea of a black Avengers is ridiculous. If there was a white Avengers there would be an uproar

#3 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh God....

#4 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does race in a superhero team even matter? Just throw impressive, powerful characters in there that willing to work as a team. Skin color is irrelevant.

#5 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

Why does race in a superhero team even matter? Just throw impressive, powerful characters in there that willing to work as a team. Skin color is irrelevant.

Is that why black people still have a white Jesus figure In their homes?

:O

#6 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

The Falcon.

lol

#7 Posted by CrimsonCake (2677 posts) - - Show Bio

Rocket Racer if he wasn't too young.

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33620 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think there needs to be a "Black Avengers" but maybe an african Avengers counterpart would be cool? But you'd have to have the token white guy from South Africa 

#9 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

Is that why black people still have a white Jesus figure In their homes?

:O

That's a different situation, considering Jesus wasn't White, and those Black people are ignorant to his skin color.

#10 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I don't think there needs to be a "Black Avengers" but maybe an african Avengers counterpart would be cool? But you'd have to have the token white guy from South Africa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Pistorius

#11 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@utotheg38 said:

Is that why black people still have a white Jesus figure In their homes?

:O

That's a different situation, considering Jesus wasn't White, and those Black people are ignorant to his skin color.

So...........................Its kinda relevant?

:P

#12 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

So...........................Its kinda relevant?

:P

In the situation you mentioned, yeah. In a situation regarding the skin color of superheroes in a superhero team, no.

#13 Edited by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

@utotheg38 said:

So...........................Its kinda relevant?

:P

In the situation you mentioned, yeah. In a situation regarding the skin color of superheroes in a superhero team, no.

If that's the case then why are most superheroes white?

And why do most of the black heroes with books get the axe? (I don't think I have to explain the dc situation to YOU)

#14 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33620 posts) - - Show Bio
@utotheg38 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I don't think there needs to be a "Black Avengers" but maybe an african Avengers counterpart would be cool? But you'd have to have the token white guy from South Africa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Pistorius

Marvel comics presents Blade Runner: The Fastest Man On No Legs..... Yea I'd buy that
#15 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@utotheg38 said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

I don't think there needs to be a "Black Avengers" but maybe an african Avengers counterpart would be cool? But you'd have to have the token white guy from South Africa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Pistorius

Marvel comics presents Blade Runner: The Fastest Man On No Legs..... Yea I'd buy that

He already has an origin story too.................sorta.

:D

#16 Edited by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20318 posts) - - Show Bio

THE NEGRO AVENGERS

  • The Falcon
  • Black Panther
  • Luke Cage
  • Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
  • Bishop
  • Blue Marvel

But seriously though, does color really matter?

"Be water my friend"

#17 Edited by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

THE NEGRO AVENGERS

  • The Falcon
  • Black Panther
  • Luke Cage
  • Spider-Man (Miles Morales)
  • Bishop
  • Blue Marvel

But seriously though, does color really matter?

"Be water my friend"

Yes, The brain stores things In Images

#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio

Color does matter for all of those who are asking. NO, there shouldn't be a Black Avengers though because nobody is going to buy it.

Moderator
#19 Posted by No_Trolling (653 posts) - - Show Bio

The Dark Avengers

Black Panther

Miles Morales

Storm

Static Shock

Blue Marvel

War Machine

M (Monet Yvette Clarisse Maria Therese St. Croix)

#20 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Color does matter for all of those who are asking. NO, there shouldn't be a Black Avengers though because nobody is going to buy it.

#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
@No_Trolling said:

The Dark Avengers

Black Panther

Miles Morales

Storm

Static Shock

Blue Marvel

War Machine

M (Monet Yvette Clarisse Maria Therese St. Croix)

This would be perfect if not for Static. He's a DC character.
Moderator
#22 Edited by daredevil21134 (11919 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

I think the idea of a black Avengers is ridiculous. If there was a white Avengers there would be an uproar

LOL, there have been many white Avengers teams with no black characters on it.Look at the movie for example.

#23 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7611 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Fury count sort of.

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
@guttridgeb said:

 If there was a white Avengers there would be an uproar

THE IRONY IS KILLING ME!

Moderator
#25 Edited by daredevil21134 (11919 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr_Ingenuity said:

@daredevil21134: Fury count sort of.

He's not part of the team 

 @Vance Astro said:

@guttridgeb said:

If there was a white Avengers there would be an uproar

THE IRONY IS KILLING ME!

LOL

#26 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7611 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Well maybe they can skate that one off. The did have a female.

#27 Posted by No_Trolling (653 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@No_Trolling said:

The Dark Avengers

Black Panther

Miles Morales

Storm

Static Shock

Blue Marvel

War Machine

M (Monet Yvette Clarisse Maria Therese St. Croix)

This would be perfect if not for Static. He's a DC character.

A man can dream can't he!

#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
@No_Trolling said:

A man can dream can't he!

I guess so...
Moderator
#29 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

2012 and humanity is still talking about the colour of our skin. Way to go, people! I thought it's the inner part that counts but I guess I'm just a fool. Now, for the Black Avengers, I don't think that the skin belongs to my criteria. I prefer powers, cause we're talking about superheroes, right?

#30 Posted by karrob (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

Why does race in a superhero team even matter? Just throw impressive, powerful characters in there that willing to work as a team. Skin color is irrelevant.

#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
@Phaedrusgr said:

2012 and humanity is still talking about the colour of our skin. Way to go, people! 

Don't blame humanity for what comics as a medium has failed to cover properly.  
 
@Phaedrusgr said:

I thought it's the inner part that counts but I guess I'm just a fool. 

That should be what counts but it's not.... 
Moderator
#32 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just waiting for the Yellow Avengers to come out.

#33 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@Phaedrusgr said:

2012 and humanity is still talking about the colour of our skin. Way to go, people! I thought it's the inner part that counts but I guess I'm just a fool. Now, for the Black Avengers, I don't think that the skin belongs to my criteria. I prefer powers, cause we're talking about superheroes, right?

Wow, You Found out your problem In one paragraph.

:D

#34 Posted by daredevil21134 (11919 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

@Phaedrusgr said:

2012 and humanity is still talking about the colour of our skin. Way to go, people! I thought it's the inner part that counts but I guess I'm just a fool. Now, for the Black Avengers, I don't think that the skin belongs to my criteria. I prefer powers, cause we're talking about superheroes, right?

Wow, You Found out your problem In one paragraph.

:D

lol

#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91262 posts) - - Show Bio
@texasdeathmatch said:
I'm just waiting for the Yellow Avengers to come out.
Starring: Yellowjacket,Marrina,Daredevil,Howard the Duck, and Manta.
Moderator
#36 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

Amadeus Cho

#37 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@guttridgeb said:

I think the idea of a black Avengers is ridiculous. If there was a white Avengers there would be an uproar

LOL, there have been many white Avengers teams with no black characters on it.Look at the movie for example.

No. The Avengers rosters with no black people weren't made for the point of not allowing black people in. They are talking about an avengers team called black or negro avengers. A white avengers team made specifically for intention of only allowing white people is completely different from choosing from a team that was made from the only people who were available. Besides, there have been very few rosters without the presence of a black person since times when it was more acceptable for black people to take a smaller role in media and the Avengers movie team was white because that was (almost) the original line-up for the Avengers.

#38 Posted by daredevil21134 (11919 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@guttridgeb said:

I think the idea of a black Avengers is ridiculous. If there was a white Avengers there would be an uproar

LOL, there have been many white Avengers teams with no black characters on it.Look at the movie for example.

No. The Avengers rosters with no black people weren't made for the point of not allowing black people in. They are talking about an avengers team called black or negro avengers. A white avengers team made specifically for intention of only allowing white people is completely different from choosing from a team that was made from the only people who were available. Besides, there have been very few rosters without the presence of a black person since times when it was more acceptable for black people to take a smaller role in media and the Avengers movie team was white because that was (almost) the original line-up for the Avengers.

I know that.I was just saying that there have been plenty of Avengers teams without the presence of a black character.

#39 Posted by Strider92 (16605 posts) - - Show Bio

#40 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@guttridgeb said:

I think the idea of a black Avengers is ridiculous. If there was a white Avengers there would be an uproar

LOL, there have been many white Avengers teams with no black characters on it.Look at the movie for example.

No. The Avengers rosters with no black people weren't made for the point of not allowing black people in. They are talking about an avengers team called black or negro avengers. A white avengers team made specifically for intention of only allowing white people is completely different from choosing from a team that was made from the only people who were available. Besides, there have been very few rosters without the presence of a black person since times when it was more acceptable for black people to take a smaller role in media and the Avengers movie team was white because that was (almost) the original line-up for the Avengers.

The Token Black Si not good enough.

LOL

#41 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

In marvels defense, It's not the job of a bunch of white writers to create black superheroes...........

#42 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@guttridgeb said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@guttridgeb said:

I think the idea of a black Avengers is ridiculous. If there was a white Avengers there would be an uproar

LOL, there have been many white Avengers teams with no black characters on it.Look at the movie for example.

No. The Avengers rosters with no black people weren't made for the point of not allowing black people in. They are talking about an avengers team called black or negro avengers. A white avengers team made specifically for intention of only allowing white people is completely different from choosing from a team that was made from the only people who were available. Besides, there have been very few rosters without the presence of a black person since times when it was more acceptable for black people to take a smaller role in media and the Avengers movie team was white because that was (almost) the original line-up for the Avengers.

I know that.I was just saying that there have been plenty of Avengers teams without the presence of a black character.

And I know that. Its not the idea of a team without a white person that I find insulting but the idea of a team made for the specific reason of not having a white person.

#43 Posted by daredevil21134 (11919 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@guttridgeb said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@guttridgeb said:

I think the idea of a black Avengers is ridiculous. If there was a white Avengers there would be an uproar

LOL, there have been many white Avengers teams with no black characters on it.Look at the movie for example.

No. The Avengers rosters with no black people weren't made for the point of not allowing black people in. They are talking about an avengers team called black or negro avengers. A white avengers team made specifically for intention of only allowing white people is completely different from choosing from a team that was made from the only people who were available. Besides, there have been very few rosters without the presence of a black person since times when it was more acceptable for black people to take a smaller role in media and the Avengers movie team was white because that was (almost) the original line-up for the Avengers.

I know that.I was just saying that there have been plenty of Avengers teams without the presence of a black character.

And I know that. Its not the idea of a team without a white person that I find insulting but the idea of a team made for the specific reason of not having a white person.

I agree with you on that

#44 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

@guttridgeb said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@guttridgeb said:

I think the idea of a black Avengers is ridiculous. If there was a white Avengers there would be an uproar

LOL, there have been many white Avengers teams with no black characters on it.Look at the movie for example.

No. The Avengers rosters with no black people weren't made for the point of not allowing black people in. They are talking about an avengers team called black or negro avengers. A white avengers team made specifically for intention of only allowing white people is completely different from choosing from a team that was made from the only people who were available. Besides, there have been very few rosters without the presence of a black person since times when it was more acceptable for black people to take a smaller role in media and the Avengers movie team was white because that was (almost) the original line-up for the Avengers.

The Token Black Si not good enough.

LOL

Not entirely sure what that means. Sorry if I'm being stupid

#45 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock said:

Why does race in a superhero team even matter? Just throw impressive, powerful characters in there that willing to work as a team. Skin color is irrelevant.

#46 Edited by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

My team would consist of:

Madea

Big Momma

Professor Klump

Falcon

Patriot

#47 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

@utotheg38 said:

@guttridgeb said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@guttridgeb said:

I think the idea of a black Avengers is ridiculous. If there was a white Avengers there would be an uproar

LOL, there have been many white Avengers teams with no black characters on it.Look at the movie for example.

No. The Avengers rosters with no black people weren't made for the point of not allowing black people in. They are talking about an avengers team called black or negro avengers. A white avengers team made specifically for intention of only allowing white people is completely different from choosing from a team that was made from the only people who were available. Besides, there have been very few rosters without the presence of a black person since times when it was more acceptable for black people to take a smaller role in media and the Avengers movie team was white because that was (almost) the original line-up for the Avengers.

The Token Black Is not good enough.

LOL

Not entirely sure what that means. Sorry if I'm being stupid

#48 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

@guttridgeb said:

@utotheg38 said:

@guttridgeb said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@guttridgeb said:

I think the idea of a black Avengers is ridiculous. If there was a white Avengers there would be an uproar

LOL, there have been many white Avengers teams with no black characters on it.Look at the movie for example.

No. The Avengers rosters with no black people weren't made for the point of not allowing black people in. They are talking about an avengers team called black or negro avengers. A white avengers team made specifically for intention of only allowing white people is completely different from choosing from a team that was made from the only people who were available. Besides, there have been very few rosters without the presence of a black person since times when it was more acceptable for black people to take a smaller role in media and the Avengers movie team was white because that was (almost) the original line-up for the Avengers.

The Token Black Is not good enough.

LOL

Not entirely sure what that means. Sorry if I'm being stupid

Ahhhh, that makes much more sense now ;)

#49 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (2899 posts) - - Show Bio

@utotheg38 said:

@Static Shock said:

@utotheg38 said:

So...........................Its kinda relevant?

:P

In the situation you mentioned, yeah. In a situation regarding the skin color of superheroes in a superhero team, no.

If that's the case then why are most superheroes white?

And why do most of the black heroes with books get the axe? (I don't think I have to explain the dc situation to YOU)

1.) I'm not saying black superheros aren't relevant for argument against a mostly white dominated business, but don't you think black superheros have it pretty good compared to lets say... hispanics, asians etc ? How many native american or hispanic supers have had their own books? Asians? Anything else that isn't white or black?

2.) In the end result it's the buyers and consumers who choose which characters are popular and which have their own books and who gets cut.

#50 Posted by utotheg38 (18883 posts) - - Show Bio

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

@utotheg38 said:

@Static Shock said:

@utotheg38 said:

So...........................Its kinda relevant?

:P

In the situation you mentioned, yeah. In a situation regarding the skin color of superheroes in a superhero team, no.

If that's the case then why are most superheroes white?

And why do most of the black heroes with books get the axe? (I don't think I have to explain the dc situation to YOU)

1.) I'm not saying black superheros aren't relevant for argument against a mostly white dominated business, but don't you think black superheros have it pretty good compared to lets say... hispanics, asians etc ? How many native american or hispanic supers have had their own books? Asians? Anything else that isn't white or black?

2.) In the end result it's the buyers and consumers who choose which characters are popular and which have their own books and who gets cut.

I'm with you, But I think the question Is...............Why aren't other races talking about this?