The NBA Thread

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2402  Edited By kgb725

Update on Free Agency : Lamarcus Aldridge appears to be choosing the Spurs or the Suns.

Paul Pierce is going to the Clippers.

And Greg Monroe is going to the Bucks because the Knicks and Lakers are terrible.

The Mavs had a meeting with D. Jordan and Wesley Matthews.

Am I the only one that thinks the blazers are going to be worse next year

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heat managed to keep Wade on a 1 year 20 million dollar deal... they owe that man his money since he took less to keep the Heat core together during their Championship Runs.

The only thing now is Wade's Health... gotta feeling dude won't play more than 65 games this season.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2404  Edited By kgb725

@strafe_prower: Looks like I shouldn't have doubted you. DeAndre Jordan is signing on to the Mavs with a max deal

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

@kgb725: lol I had a feeling about this free agency. To many great options for the Mavs to swing and miss on every one XD

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Wade is currently not worth the money but they owe him out of gratitude. But if he tries this next year, i wouldn't buckle

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: 65? He hasn't played that many in like 5 years. He missed over 100 regular season games over the last 4 years though some of those he sat out on purpose but I expect more of the same this year. I think 60 games might be his max or less if he gets injuries.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@king_saturn: 65? He hasn't played that many in like 5 years. He missed over 100 regular season games over the last 4 years though some of those he sat out on purpose but I expect more of the same this year. I think 60 games might be his max or less if he gets injuries.

That Is Incorrect... In The 2012 - 2013 Season... Wade Played In 69 Games. That Was Just 2 - 3 Years Ago. Just This Last Season Wade Played In 62 Games Which Isn't That Far Off From 65 Games. So I Think My Prospects Are Good Here.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: I think that's the only time in the last 5 years though and that was when he was younger. At 33-34 he isn't going to find it easier to play more games and is more at risk for injury. Especially with all the injuries of recent years. I mean I think he deserved the contract but I'll be surprised if he plays more than 60 games just as I'd be surprised if Kobe plays more than 50.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The NBA is just giving away money now. Deandre Jordan is getting $20M a year only because he turned down $28M from the clippers. He can't even make free throws. Has no jumper. No go to move. Dennis Rodman would CLEAN UP in the current league

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@pooty said:

The NBA is just giving away money now. Deandre Jordan is getting $20M a year only because he turned down $28M from the clippers. He can't even make free throws. Has no jumper. No go to move. Dennis Rodman would CLEAN UP in the current league

you also have to remember that the salary cap is rising so 20 million isnt what we knew 20 million got you. As a GS fan. Draymond Green is the highest paid player on the team. When Curry's contract is up he is going to get paid

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2412  Edited By kgb725

@pooty: Rodman is way too small for the current league. Jordan doesn't need a go to move to be effective when B. Griffin was out he had multiple consecutive 20/20 games he proved he could score if given the chance down low. And Dwight Howard makes more than DJ but DJ is better

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@pooty: Rodman is way too small for the current league. Jordan doesn't need a go to move to be effective when B. Griffin was out he had multiple consecutive 20/20 games he proved he could score if given the chance down low. And Dwight Howard makes more than DJ but DJ is better

Wasn't Rodman too small for his league? I guess you're right though. Not to many people live in the post so he is one of the best "big men" by todays standards

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2414  Edited By albusan

Man I wish I was born as a tall talented black guy I'd be making bank in the NBA!

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2415  Edited By kgb725

@pooty: No he's not. Name one 6'7 PF that'd really good. There are plenty of people in today's game that are way more skilled than him. Even if he was small back then he could make up for it by being physical which he couldn't do in today's game

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2416  Edited By Rpgesus

@kgb725: are you saying rodman could put up some crazy numbers for rebounding even in todays league? because i whole heartedly agree. with his heart he'd find a way

edit: just re read it and i disagree he'd be similar to Tristan thompson but get more rebounds and probably score a little easier

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@pooty: No he's not. Name one 6'7 PF that'd really good. There are plenty of people in today's game that are way more skilled than him. Even if he was small back then he could make up for it by being physical which he couldn't do in today's game

There were plenty of people more skilled then Rodman when he played. But he made up for it with tenacity and grit. He wouldn't need to be that physical in todays league. I agree with dude below.

@rpgesus said:

@kgb725: are you saying rodman could put up some crazy numbers for rebounding even in todays league? because i whole heartedly agree. with his heart he'd find a way

edit: just re read it and i disagree he'd be similar to Tristan thompson but get more rebounds and probably score a little easier

I agree with the edit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems the Lakers can't manage to get anybody this free agency smh.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sources saying Lamarcus Aldridge is gonna sign with the Spurs... looks like the West is gonna be a lot different next season.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, Lamarcus Aldridge is gonna sign with the Spurs. Spurs vs Cleveland in the Finals. We know how that usually ends ):

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_slim_: They are close to trading for Roy Hibbert

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2422  Edited By boschePG

@pooty said:

Yep, Lamarcus Aldridge is gonna sign with the Spurs. Spurs vs Cleveland in the Finals. We know how that usually ends ):

Usually the Spurs would be the favorite but I wouldn't anoint the Spurs just yet. Age might hamper them. To be the champ you still have to beat the champ and as of right now its still Golden State (Im a little biased tho)

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg: You don't have to beat the champ to be the champ. GS didn't beat the Spurs. But i know what you mean. I think GS will be a fluke one time thing like Dallas or Detroit(most recent championship).

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

Cavs healthy I pick them, let's be honest When Lebron beat the Spurs the one time in 2013, he was surrounded by a good team. The two times he lost it was with Cleveland when he was young and that 2014 Miami team was not as good as the year before.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:
@pooty said:

Cavs healthy I pick them, let's be honest When Lebron beat the Spurs the one time in 2013, he was surrounded by a good team. The two times he lost it was with Cleveland when he was young and that 2014 Miami team was not as good as the year before.

We shall see. I hope your right

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Cant wait to see PG13 and Monta Ellis

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2427  Edited By kgb725

@spideysense44: Monta signed with the Pacers ?

Major update : the Lakers signed 6 man of the year Lou Williams.

Possible Trade: The Cavaliers are looking to make a trade for Joe Johnson from the Nets

The Mavs have signed Jeremy Evans to a 2 yr deal

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: Monta never impressed me. The Pacers won't make it out the second round IMO. Hibbert is one of the most underachieving big men of recent history. I would be happy to get Joe Johnson. Him and Irving can help Lebron with scoring. Dan Gilbert is breaking the bank!!

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Hibbert is such a waste of space on the court. It depends if D. West resigns but the Cave and Spurs are trying to get him as well

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: that's a head scratcher, why would they need another power forward?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I hate to admit it, San Antonio is going to be pretty beast

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spurs making moves... getting Aldridge and D. West... they just resigned Ginobili... Duncan's coming back... that team is gonna be a Serious Problem.

I don't know what the Cavs are thinking about going after Joe Johnson though... he is an aging scorer who really has not been even close to elite level for a few years now.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2436  Edited By kgb725

@king_saturn: Who still averaged 14 a game. Compared to Shumpert and J.R. he's looking like an All-star. It's not as if he's playing on a remotely decent team

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@king_saturn: Who still averaged 14 a game. Compared to Shumpert and J.R. he's looking like an All-star. It's not as if he's playing on a remotely decent team

14 points per game is not that good for a starting two guard... Johnson's game has been declining over the past few years... from 18 points per game down to 17 points per game down to 14 points per game. The fact that the team sucks should be reason why Joe should be averaging more points than 14... because he should be getting more shots for the lack of talent around him.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Brook and D-Will are capable of scoring anytime J-Jack is capable as well. Joe isn't the only option on his team

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2439  Edited By King_Saturn

@kgb725 said:

@king_saturn: Brook and D-Will are capable of scoring anytime J-Jack is capable as well. Joe isn't the only option on his team

But You Just Said That Joe Johnson Played On A Bad Team As If That's Reason To Why His Stats Are So Low. I Know The Nets Have Other Scoring Options... But You Can't Honestly Be Saying That Johnson Is The 4th Option On His Team. Jarrett Jack was not even Starter for the Nets last season. Johnson was the Legit Starting 2 or 3 on the Nets. Essentially In Terms Of Scoring Johnson Should Be The Second Option Under Brook Lopez... As D Will Is The PG... Anyway, 14 PPG Isn't That Good... Especially For Someone Who Was Once Averaging 19 - 21 PPG In Recent Previous Seasons.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn:

1. He's older he's not entering his prime here

2. I'm not saying he's the 4th option just that there are other ball handlers/scorers

3. D-Will is the point but he has averaged anywhere from about 17-22 before he started to decline.

All I'm saying is if Joe Johnson was on the Cavs they would've done much better than they had

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2441  Edited By Marshall_Long

Well looks like the Spurs might be heading back to the finals, the Mavs are making some good moves as well.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@king_saturn:

1. He's older he's not entering his prime here

2. I'm not saying he's the 4th option just that there are other ball handlers/scorers

3. D-Will is the point but he has averaged anywhere from about 17-22 before he started to decline.

All I'm saying is if Joe Johnson was on the Cavs they would've done much better than they had

1. Oh I Know... That's Why I Call Him "The Aging Scorer"... But To Drop From 18 PPG to 14 PPG Is Pretty Big... It's Not Like Joe Was Really An Elite Leaper Or Someone With Incredible Athleticism The Past Five Years.

2. Yeah, But 14 PPG For A Starting Two Guard Is Still Pretty Lackluster... Even If There Are Other Ballhandlers.

3. Yeah, But Should Deron Need To Average 20 - 22 PPG If Johnson Is Pulling His Load At The Two ? Just Saying.

Probably, But Considering Cleveland Luck... Johnson Would Have Broke His Damn Leg In The Second Round Of The Playoffs.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: D-Will was averaging about 20 with the Jazz and the Nets before Joe was there with double digit assists.

The curse of Cleveland will end one day

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@king_saturn: D-Will was averaging about 20 with the Jazz and the Nets before Joe was there with double digit assists.

The curse of Cleveland will end one day

Who was the legit Shooting Guard that the Jazz had when Deron Williams was there ? I only recall Carlos Boozer being the other elite scoring option in Utah. So it makes sense that Deron's scoring was higher there. Before Joe Johnson went to Brooklyn, who was there legit Shooting Guard or Small Forward ? I don't recall... so it makes sense that Deron's scoring was higher because if he does not have that many options to pass the ball to... he has to score more.

Yeah, and then what ? We can talk about how Great Lebron is with a 3 - 4 or 3 - 5 NBA Finals Record ? It's the sad tragedy of Cleveland that Jim Brown is the Most Beloved Hero of the City and dude has not played Pro Football in over 50 years.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@pooty: @albusan: @king_saturn: Doc Rivers is trying to meet with DeAndre Jordan before he signs with Houston

Clippers trying to keep that Core together after seeing how much stronger the Spurs have gotten.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: They said he called Doc because he was having doubts so j.j , CP3 , and Doc went to Houston currently he's leaning towards returning

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deandre Jordan is gonna resign with the Clippers now ? Wow, I bet Mark Cuban is going Ballistic.

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2450  Edited By zaied

Haha Cuban is going to go off. That leaves the Mavs with a ton of money and no free agents to spend it on rofl...