The NBA Thread

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Its should go to the guy on a winning team unless it goes 7 games and LeBron has like a 45/15/10 stat line in game 7. Then he should be considered for it.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr: The real question (for me), is why can't I like the guy?

I never liked Jordan or Kobe because they were to obsessed with winning a game. they seemed arrogant and condescending. I didn't like Garnett after he left the Timberwolves because he was to mouthy. what don't you like about Lebron?

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr: Should it be a given that just because he's good at bb that people should like him? I didn't like Jordan and he was the goat. A lot of people don't like Superman or Batman and they are the goat comic characters. There is no explaining taste in who we like or don't like. Its just our natural reaction to something/someone.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2354  Edited By BullPR

@pooty said:

@bullpr: The real question (for me), is why can't I like the guy?

I never liked Jordan or Kobe because they were to obsessed with winning a game. they seemed arrogant and condescending. I didn't like Garnett after he left the Timberwolves because he was to mouthy. what don't you like about Lebron?

I started to follow the NBA in high school, at the end of the 80s, while in France, because of Jordan. He was really "flying". A real SH. And the tougher the competition was, the stronger he was. I was just hypnotized.

When Lebron James is playing, I see a superior athlete, physically stronger than anybody else, and I'm not dreaming. He is not "magic", he is a force of Nature. I know I'm wrong in this description, but this is the way I live it.

And Garnett was at his top when is was with us (I'm a Celtics fan living in Boston now...).

:-)

@spambot said:

@bullpr: Should it be a given that just because he's good at bb that people should like him? (...)

As a person, I don't like Jordan either. But as a player, I was rooting for him at 100%

When I see Lebron James, I'm always, automatically, supporting the other team.

I'm a scientist. This approach is not rational. Therefore, I'm confused...

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullpr: It sort of sounds like a personal thing then. I never rooted for Jordan and hated him as a player but I'm also a Cavs fan so it was sort of natural for me to dislike him. I generally don't root for any athlete though unless he plays for a team I root for.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Not if he's not the MVP whoever plays the best should be considered the finals mvp

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2357  Edited By Spambot

@kgb725: That's one way to do it but imo it generally should always go to a guy on the team that wins. I think the only exception should be series which go 7 games or if you have one guy having a series like LeBron is having while no guy on the winning team is even avging like 17ppg. Rebs and asts obviously have to be factored in as well.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

The Warriors small ball unit reminds me of the small ball unit San Antonio used against the Thunder last year with Diaw at the 5. I expect to see this trend grow in the coming years.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was a Good run. The Cavs did the best they could with the little they had. Lebron is the MVP of the Finals. But they should give it to IGODALA. He led them in points(i think) and played the best defense on Lebron. I guess i'll repeat Cleveland's motto:

Wait till next year

Marshall_Long

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

It was a Good run. The Cavs did the best they could with the little they had. Lebron is the MVP of the Finals. But they should give it to IGODALA. He led them in points(i think) and played the best defense on Lebron. I guess i'll repeat Cleveland's motto:

Wait till next year

This loss hurts man...

No Caption Provided

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2361  Edited By pooty
King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2362  Edited By King_Saturn

Congrats to the Golden State Warriors... 2015 NBA Champions !

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@pooty said:

Wait till next year

Once Igoudala became a starter there was a faster pace and a wider gap in scoring between GS and Cavs. He did a hell of a job, but then again I do agree that James is the MVP. He basically WAS the team for the most part.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2366  Edited By Rpgesus

Very sad

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You N!ggas In Cleveland Are Cursed... It's Been Over 50 Years Since A Sports Team Won Anything For Your City.

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2368  Edited By albusan

So Andre wins MVP and LeBron James is 2-4 in NBA Finals. The haters will come out and call him out for being a choker and his losing record. It's hard to to not feel bad for him. He's had to work so hard for the hand he was dealt with. The Cavs did fight tough but really it is a talent league and he didn't have it with him for this finals.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congrats to the Warriors on the win,

While the Warriors did play undoubtedly better than their opponents, the thought would always linger concerning the outcome of this series had Cleveland not been struck with multiple injuries to their starting lineup.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You N!ggas In Cleveland Are Cursed... It's Been Over 50 Years Since A Sports Team Won Anything For Your City.

Being cursed is the ONLY logical answer.

@albusan said:

So Andre wins MVP and LeBron James is 2-4 in NBA Finals. The haters will come out and call him out for being a choker and his losing record. It's hard to to not feel bad for him. He's had to work so hard for the hand he was dealt with. The Cavs did fight tough but really it is a talent league and he didn't have it with him for this finals.

I don't think ANYONE can call him a choker this year. With all the injuries they over achieved. Lebron didn't promise a ring but came close. His stats speak for him

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: After 50yrs they STILL don't deserve it yet imo.

Anyways....Congrats to Golden State. Helluva a campaign/championship run.

...even if it did take 6 games to beat Lebron

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@bullpr: what is your field of research?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are 11 votes for MVP of the Finals.

Iguadola: 7 votes

James: 4 votes

S.Curry: 0

I completely agree

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WARRIORS!!!

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: but for haters, they can find anything to hate and you know they'll point at Lebrons shooting percentage and will say he wasn't aggressive enough, or that he missed alot of shots in the 4th quarter.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:

@pooty: but for haters, they can find anything to hate and you know they'll point at Lebrons shooting percentage and will say he wasn't aggressive enough, or that he missed alot of shots in the 4th quarter.

Haters gotta hate... that's their job.

Chibi_cute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

congrats to warriors..

teamwork does really pull the team together.

BullPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg: Microbiology /infectious diseases. Vaccine development, bacterial pathogenesis and antibiotic resistance.

On topic: Title and MVP are both well deserved.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2380  Edited By comicace3

So Now that the NBA is over

I was going to make a tread about it but seeing as this is an NBA thread

Best Trash Talkers in the NBA?

My No. 1 is Larry Bird.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gary Payton is all time, do people realize he shut down Jordan in their NBA Finals match?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

K-Love resigned.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I'm from Cleveland but was sleeping. Didn't know he resigned. If everyone can stay healthy, we'll be in the Finals again

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2385  Edited By kgb725

@pooty: I believe that as well. But the Pacers may be a force to be reckoned with since P. George will be healthy and they are looking to sign Monta Ellis. The Hawks are making moves as well

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2386  Edited By Strafe Prower

The Mavs let Tyson Chandler go....again. -.-

Hes the best center in franchise history, was dominate in there title run, and yet they still don't sign him. If they swing and miss at Deandre Jordan, they will loose all chances they had of contending.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strafe_prower: Monta Ellis is leaving and Rondo is most likely gone as well. I would say the Mavericks aren't comtending next year

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@kgb725 said:

@strafe_prower: Monta Ellis is leaving and Rondo is most likely gone as well. I would say the Mavericks aren't comtending next year

:(

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Aldridge goes to the Spurs... with Leonard, Parker, Duncan.... that's a scary combination.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Aldridge goes to the Spurs... with Leonard, Parker, Duncan.... that's a scary combination.

damn scary. I don't see GS repeating regardless

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:
@king_saturn said:

Do you have GS not repeating in the West or the champs period?

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@kgb725: I'm from Cleveland but was sleeping. Didn't know he resigned. If everyone can stay healthy, we'll be in the Finals again

I just saw this. I thought I saw that Iman Shumpert resigned for 4 years for 40 million. Thats a horrible contract. For everything you gain in Love offensively you lose defensively with him in the lineup. It gives LeBron a bonafide scorer from the perimeter though

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg said:
@pooty said:
@king_saturn said:

Do you have GS not repeating in the West or the champs period?

If Aldridge goes to the Spurs then the Spurs are coming out the West. They could win it all. If he doesn't then GS may come out the west but lose to a healthy Cleveland.

@boschepg said:
@pooty said:

I just saw this. I thought I saw that Iman Shumpert resigned for 4 years for 40 million. Thats a horrible contract. For everything you gain in Love offensively you lose defensively with him in the lineup. It gives LeBron a bonafide scorer from the perimeter though

I don't care for Iman but $10 Million is like base pay for a decent player. Love can be inserted and taken out as needed. If they need defense they bring in Thompson.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg: @pooty: If the Clippers or Spurs faced the Warriors I think they would've beat the Warriors

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@boschepg: @pooty: If the Clippers or Spurs faced the Warriors I think they would've beat the Warriors

I don't disagree at all. and god forbid if the cavs were healthy....but i may be a little biased lol

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2396  Edited By kgb725

@pooty: The Warriors skated by injury free all season while every playoff contender from the Thunder to the Rockets deals with injuries of every team were healthy I don't think the Warriors would be celebrating right now.

Don't worry I'm pretty biased myself I'm a OKC fan but I lived in Columbus, OH for a short time

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@pooty: The Warriors skated by injury free all season while every playoff contender from the Thunder to the Rockets deals with injuries of every team were healthy I don't think the Warriors would be celebrating right now.

Don't worry I'm pretty biased myself I'm a OKC fan but I lived in Columbus, OH for a short time

a healthy OKC is gonna be dangerous

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On NBA TV they making fun of Lebron because he is a free agent and NOBODY HAS TRIED TO MEET WITH HIM!!!!! LOLOLOL

and i FULLY believe that Anthony Davis is worth 5yr/$140M. IMO he replaced Kevin Durant as heir to the throne.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Especially with all of the new players they got last year

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: I'm not sure I agree. With the Mavs having a great amount of cap space. Like usual, it really depends on how free agency goes.