#151 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Billups was a good player who's strengths where maximized playing in the Piston's system. Before that he bounced around the league. I don't see him doing much of anything in Denver.

#152 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"I think Billups was a good player who's strengths where maximized playing in the Piston's system. Before that he bounced around the league. I don't see him doing much of anything in Denver."
Well Denver is in the Western Conference... so it will be an uphill battle just to get a Playoff Spot...
#153 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Gambler said:
"I think Billups was a good player who's strengths where maximized playing in the Piston's system. Before that he bounced around the league. I don't see him doing much of anything in Denver."
Well Denver is in the Western Conference... so it will be an uphill battle just to get a Playoff Spot..."
Yeah I agree. Especially with Houston getting Artist.
#154 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"King Saturn said:
"Gambler said:
Well Denver is in the Western Conference... so it will be an uphill battle just to get a Playoff Spot..."
Yeah I agree. Especially with Houston getting Artist."
Indeed... Houston looks very good this year too... maybe Yao Ming can stay healthy for at least 70 games this year...
#155 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!

#156 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!"
Yes Indeed... I like the Magic too
#157 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Kurrent said:
"GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!"
Yes Indeed... I like the Magic too"
They have always been my team even that year that they sucked....lol
#158 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

I gotta say I'm digging the white pin stripe jerseys and I hope that JJ Reddick gets more playing time this season

#159 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"I gotta say I'm digging the white pin stripe jerseys and I hope that JJ Reddick gets more playing time this season"
Indeed... I wanna see what the Former Duke Superstar can really do in the NBA
#160 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Kurrent said:
"I gotta say I'm digging the white pin stripe jerseys and I hope that JJ Reddick gets more playing time this season"
Indeed... I wanna see what the Former Duke Superstar can really do in the NBA"
I went ot the Wizards / Magic game last year here in DC. I swear and my boy were the only ones goign for the Magic...lol
#161 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
Kurrent said:
"King Saturn said:
"Kurrent said:
Indeed... I wanna see what the Former Duke Superstar can really do in the NBA"
I went ot the Wizards / Magic game last year here in DC. I swear and my boy were the only ones goign for the Magic...lol"
Damn... thats crazy. I dont know if I could wear my Dwight Howard Jersey at a game like that...

lol
#162 Posted by Midnight Assassin (955 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll try to update this thread as much as possible. I might not be able to update it a lot though.

TODAY'S GAMES RESULTS:
Houston beats Clippers 92-83
Sacramento beats Minnesota 121-109
Utah beats Oklahoma City 104-97
Chicago beats Phoenix 100-83
Miami beats San Antonio 99-83
New Jersey beats Detroit 103-96
Cleveland beats Indiana 111-107
Boston beats Milwaukee 101-89
Atlanta beat Toronto 110-92
New York beats Washington 114-108
Charlotte beats New Orleans 92-89
Denver beats Dallas 108-105
Memphis beats Golden State 109-104

TEAMS STILL UNDEFEATED:
Lakers
Jazz
Atlanta

NOTABLE NEWS:
Tony Parker of the Spurs may have injured his ankle in his game against the Heat
Michael Redd of the Buckshas missed two straight games with his ankle sprain
Knicks give Allan Houston an office job as assistant to president of basketball operations
Warriors fire Assistant GM Pete D'Alessandro and replace him with assistant coach Larry Riley
Josh Smith of the Hawks may miss 2-4 weeks due to an ankle injury he got in his game with the Raptors

RACE TO MVP RANKINGS (From NBA.Com):

1. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers

Last week: No. 1
Stats: PPG -- 24.8; RPG -- 6.3; APG -- 3.5; SPG -- 1.75; BPG -- 0.5; FG% -- .446; FT% -- .816
Comment:
A tenuous hold on No. 1. He's still here for a couple reasons: Lakers are 4-0 and he's the incumbent. Yes, being The Man who is MVP has its privileges. But as I said, tenuous. Kobe's field goal percentage is an ugly .446 and the competition this week -- Houston, at Dallas, at New Orleans, Detroit -- gets tougher.

2. Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets

Last week: No. 2
Stats: PPG -- 21.8; RPG -- 5.3; APG -- 11.8; SPG -- 2.5; BPG -- 0.5; FG% -- .508; FT% -- .857
Comment:
Paul is entering that rarefied air of point guards shooting 50 percent or better. Oscar Robertson did it three times, Steve Nash has done it the last five seasons, Magic Johnson hit 50 percent of his shots or better for nine of his first 10 seasons and Isiah Thomas never did it. Paul is now over 50 percent from the field at .508. Amazing for a guy his size.

3. Amare Stoudemire, Phoenix Suns

Last week: No. 8
Stats: PPG -- 25.8; RPG -- 9.8; APG -- 2.6; SPG -- 1.4; BPG -- 1.0; FG% -- .696; FT% -- .846
Comment:
Amare made a late-season push up the top 10 in R2MVP last season. It looks as if he's rewarding his teammates, Suns fans and me (yes, me) for believing. You saw the co-Line of the Week up above, but do you see what his field goal percentage is? It's a "Holy cow -- .696!" Must be a nice feeling for the Suns to know that when STAT gets the ball, it goes in the hole. He's why the Suns have started 3-1 and, right now, as about as unstoppable a player in the league.

4. Chris Bosh, Toronto Raptors

Last week: No. 5
Stats: PPG -- 26.0; RPG -- 10.8; APG -- 3.0; SPG -- 0.75; BPG -- 0.75; FG% -- .514; FT% -- .800
Comment:
I could have had Bosh at No. 3, but, for this week at least, I find Amare to be far more efficient at getting his points. Still, Bosh has become the most dependable and consistent big man on offense in the East. If he's not an All-Star starter, something is wrong. All you crazy Raptors fans, you know what to do.

5. Joe Johnson, Atlanta Hawks

Last week: Not ranked
Stats: PPG -- 28.5; RPG -- 3.7; APG -- 5.7; SPG -- 0.67; BPG -- 0.0; FG% -- .547; FT% -- .889
Comment:
See, volatile. That, and his teammates have his back. I can see where the scout is coming from, because if you said name you're top 10 players in the league, would Joe Johnson have been on the list? (I'll wait. Still waiting. Still ... waiting. You lie. You did not have him on the list.) Johnson's play this season has changed perceptions so far. Look at that shooting percentage. Look at the Hawks' 3-0 record. Now let's see if Johnson can stay up here.

6. Carlos Boozer, Utah Jazz

Stats: PPG -- 20.8; RPG -- 10.0; APG -- 2.0; SPG -- 0.5; BPG -- 0.25; FG% -- .627; FT% -- .750
Comment:
Got a lot of, "What about Boozer?" e-mail last week, too. Well, here he is, the top scorer and rebounder on the 4-0 Jazz. He may not have the sparkling scoring digits the gents above have (and that's why he's here at No. 6), but right now, no one has been more consistent on one of the league's best teams.

7. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers

Last week: No. 4
Stats: PPG -- 25.8; RPG -- 8.0; APG -- 7.8; SPG -- 2.2; BPG -- 0.6; FG% -- .457; FT% -- .782
Comment:
I have a feeling this may be as far as the King drops this season. I need to play a little bit of "It's not you, it's me" right here. I'm just not feelin' the Cavs at 3-2 right now. As I said, it's not you, it's me. Your numbers, as always, are stellar. And look at the thefts. Also excellent. And I'm sure you'll maintain your high standards and the Cavs' record will improve, but I've got you seventh right now, LeBron. I'm sure some of your subjects will object, but as I said, this is probably as low as you go.

8. Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic

Last week: No. 7
Stats: PPG -- 20.2; RPG -- 13.2; APG -- 1.2; SPG -- 1.4; BPG -- 4.2; FG% -- .609; FT% -- .442
Comment:
Look at those blocks -- 4.2 per game. I feel rejection just writing that line. And I believe if Howard had come along in the early '60s, thanks to the pace of play of the day, he'd average 20-plus boards per game. But I just can't move him any higher. To be seriously considered a top-five MVP candidate, Howard must -- must -- improve his free throw shooting. Even Shaq hit .524 in his lone MVP season in 1999-2000. Shaq also averaged 29.7 and 13.6 that season, another clear reason why Howard isn't in that upper echelon yet.

9. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat

Stats: PPG -- 23.5; RPG -- 5.8; APG -- 7.3; SPG -- 3.0; BPG -- 2.0; FG% -- .455; FT% -- .739
Comment:
Just look at those defensive digits -- three thefts, two rejections per. Someone asked him if he could bring that defensive intensity he had in Beijing back to South Beach (or just across Biscayne Bay). Looks like he did. Wade's all-around game hasn't been this sharp since that championship season in '06. Easy. I'm not saying the Heat are going to The Finals. I'm just saying: Flash is back. It's good to have him back.

10. Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs

Stats: PPG -- 33.3; RPG -- 3.8; APG -- 7.3; SPG -- 0.5; BPG -- 0.0; FG% -- .564; FT% -- .889
Comment:
It's tough to put a guy on a 1-3 team in the top 10, but you've gotta give it up for Parker, who leads the NBA in scoring. And he's another point guard who can hit 50-plus percent of his shots, as he's done it two of the last three seasons and is doing it again. That's what happens when you leave the floor littered with guys clutching their ankles. It's Tony's eighth season in the league, and he's just 26, entering his prime. By the way, Parker needs a different nickname than TP. We need to come up with one.

(Yes, you can consider No. 10 my wild card every week.)

Dropping out: Tim Duncan (Parker's been better early), Paul Pierce (shooting .388), Deron Williams (hasn't played), Yao Ming (bad last two games)

Outside looking in, for now, in alphabetical order: Carmelo Anthony, Ron Artest, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Danny Granger, Al Jefferson, Tracy McGrady, Steve Nash, Dirk Nowitzki, The Pistons

Midnight Assassin's Surprising Teams of the Week:
Hawks, starting off 4-0 is better than most anticipated
Utah, starting off 5-0 relatively quietly
Nets, looking ok in their win over Detroit

Midnight Assassin's Disappointing Teams of the Week:
Clippers, Haven't won a game yet.
Washington, Haven't won a game yet.
San Antonio, showing their age and have only won 1 game.

Performances of the Week:
Tony Parker in his game against the Grizzlies had a career high 55 points, 10 assists, 7 rebounds Shot 22 of 36 and made 9 of 10 freethrows

Amare Stoudemire in his game against the Pacers had 49 points, 11 rebounds, six assists, 5 steals, 2 blocks, shot 17 of 21. Right now his field goal percentage is nearly 70%!

#163 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
Tony Parker is averaging 33 PPG this season ?
#164 Posted by Phones (826 posts) - - Show Bio

MVP discussion go go go

#165 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
I gotta go with Lebron James as of right now...
#166 Posted by Hypershock (575 posts) - - Show Bio

I should start doing these updates again...

#167 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
Hypershock said:
"I should start doing these updates again...
"
Go For It
#168 Posted by Phones (826 posts) - - Show Bio

whos Hypershock?

#169 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
Hypershock = Midnight Assassin

I think
#170 Posted by Hypershock (575 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll start tomorrow

Tomorrow's games:
Miami @ Boston
Sacramento @ Charlotte
Portland @ Indiana
New Jersey @ New York
Chicago @ Oklahoma City
Denver @ Memphis
Minnesota @ New Orleans
Orlando @ Milwaukee
Detroit @ Houston
Philadelphia @ Phoenix
Washington @ Clippers

Random News:
Don Nelson sat Jamal Crawford for tonight's game against the Clippers, and will sit him for their next game too. Belinelli will start in his place. Also Stephen Jackson did not play tonight due to being suspended by the team for getting his 16th Technical Foul last game.

Boston loses to Chicago and has not yet clinched the Atlantic division

Tim Duncan did not play today against Minnesota.

Rip Hamilton missed tonight's game against the Mavericks with a shoulder injury.

Devin Harris injured his shoulder and will be sidelined indefinitely.

Carl Landry got shot in the leg, will miss 1-3 weeks.

#171 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
Phones said:
"MVP discussion go go go
"
KB24.
#172 Posted by Phones (826 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Phones said:
"MVP discussion go go go
"
KB24.
"
I agree
#173 Edited by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
Well judging from what happened tonight with the Cavs and the Magic... I think King James has an inch over Kobe... since the Lakers did get swept by the Boys in Blue... but the voting will be close either way
#174 Posted by Psi-Fire (982 posts) - - Show Bio

D-Wade AKA Flash for MVP. He is the most valuable player on his team. Without him, his team would have won all of nine games. Lebron is the man, but they have built a team around him. Just like Kobe has. D-Wade has noone, and still plays on their level. He's starting to look like he did in the finals against Dallas. 

#175 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
I figured someone would vouch for D-Wade.
#176 Posted by Fresh Prince (5148 posts) - - Show Bio
Psi-Fire said:
" D-Wade AKA Flash for MVP.
Agree!
#177 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio
Fresh Prince said:
"Psi-Fire said:
" D-Wade AKA Flash for MVP.
Agree!
"
You know it!. After he won in 05 my boy was disrespected. He is back with a vengeance and a mission.!
#178 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"I figured someone would vouch for D-Wade.
"
If Wade gets MVP over Lebron or Kobe...i'm ignoring MVP for now on because it doesn't mean anything.
#179 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"
If Wade gets MVP over Lebron or Kobe...i'm ignoring MVP for now on because it doesn't mean anything.
"
his stats are better overall. Kobe has a solid team built around him. Lebron has one or two (mediocre) players.  D Wade has no one, and I mean no one. Shaq let him out to dry. He has been injured, ignored. But he is back baby! He helped the Redeem Team take gold and China and he is going for that MVP spot.   D- Wade is my favorite player
#180 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"
"
his stats are better overall. Kobe has a solid team built around him. Lebron has one or two (mediocre) players.  D Wade has no one, and I mean no one. Shaq let him out to dry. He has been injured, ignored. But he is back baby! He helped the Redeem Team take gold and China and he is going for that MVP spot.   D- Wade is my favorite player
"
Kobe and Lebron are the best players on the best two teams in the NBA.Kobe got MVP last year when they had the same team.
#181 Posted by Fresh Prince (5148 posts) - - Show Bio
If the Heat had a better standing in the league, I'm sure he could win it. He's the only person carrying the team and he delivers every night.
#182 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
Fresh Prince said:
"If the Heat had a better standing in the league, I'm sure he could win it. He's the only person carrying the team and he delivers every night.
"
Carmelo didn't get it when he carried his team to 4th in the Western Conference which has better winning records than the east.Carmelo was the only All-Star on the team.
#183 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"
"
"
Kobe and Lebron are the best players on the best two teams in the NBA.Kobe got MVP last year when they had the same team.
"
Wade is currently playing better than both of them. He just has no help/no one to back him up on his team.  He stands out more too me. D- Wade was still injured last year. Now he is using the same trainer Michael Jordan use to use.
#184 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"
"
"
"
Wade is currently playing better than both of them. He just has no help/no one to back him up on his team.  He stands out more too me. D- Wade was still injured last year. Now he is using the same trainer Michael Jordan use to use.
"
If the Heat was in The Western Conference..Wade wouldn't even be considered,because his team wouldn't be making the playoffs.
#186 Posted by Phones (826 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"
"
"
"
"
If the Heat was in The Western Conference..Wade wouldn't even be considered,because his team wouldn't be making the playoffs.
"
true story
#187 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"
"
"
"
"
"
I'm not responding to this
#188 Posted by Phones (826 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
he is right whats the heats record right now?
#189 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio
Phones said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html
#190 Posted by Zadann MaRanna (87 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"

Gannon Nereid says:

"Lets go Magic...all day baby."

Dwight Howard is a beast, A BEAST

"
True DAT!

FL LOVE IN THE HOUSE!
#191 Posted by Phones (826 posts) - - Show Bio
SUNMAN said:
"Phones said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"SUNMAN said:
"Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
"
http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html
"
soooo the heat wouldnt be in the playoffs Vance is right.
#192 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Rumors of a Lock Out in 2011 is looking more and more legit.

#193 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"King Saturn said:
"
"
LMFAO

How could I have missed this...
#194 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Why? Wade is doing his thing.

#195 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

Wade is amazing. Honestly in 2005 I thought Wade was the best player in the League, better than Lebron and Kobe

#196 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"Rumors of a Lock Out in 2011 is looking more and more legit.
"
A Lock Out ?

Gambler said:
"Why? Wade is doing his thing.
"
Yeah he is... but so are Kobe and King James... and unless Wade can propel his team into the Top 3 Seedings in the East... I dont see him winning the award...

#197 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Gambler said:
"
A Lock Out ?

That's when the Collective Bargaining Agreement runs out. And alot of people on the inside are saying a Lockout looks inevitable

King Saturn said:
"Yeah he is... but so are Kobe and King James... and unless Wade can propel his team into the Top 3 Seedings in the East... I dont see him winning the award... "
I'm not saying he's going to win. But if he did I wouldn't have a problem with it.

#198 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio
Gambler said:
"King Saturn said:
"Gambler said:
"
A Lock Out ?

That's when the Collective Bargaining Agreement runs out. And alot of people on the inside are saying a Lockout looks inevitable

"
Holy Crap  !
#199 Edited by Wisppeons (3726 posts) - - Show Bio

WTF the magics traded for Vince carter!!!  idiots!!

Rafer Alston, shooting guard Courtney Lee and power forward Tony Battie. for these dudes why why?

#200 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
@Wisppeons said:
" WTF the magics traded for Vince carter!!!  idiots!! "
Why? Its not like they gave up anyone important to get him.