THE "N" WHATS YOUR TAKE ON IT?

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

No clue. On one hand I'm a total believer of all forms of freedom of speech. On the other it was a word created to put down and harm an entire race of people

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It sounds hilarious in a certain context, and I don't view it as offensive in any way.

Sorry, but it's the truth. You can't expect a generation of white, teenage boys who have been exposed to the internet for years on end to see the use of this word in any other light.

The more people that realize that words are words and insults only come from people who are lower than you as a person, and by insulting you are trying to hook you and reel you in to the bottom of the ocean just like them, the better.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So along with a couple of other things in the media the "N" has come back into play. I just wanna know what are everyone thoughts on the most powerful word (in my opinion) in the English dictionary. Do you think anyone should be able to use it? Do you think it should stay used by one race? Do you think it should be used at all? What are your thought on this word?

In all honestly I don't care who uses the word. Its a word no matter how you put it. The thing is how you interrupt that word in my opinion that gives this word so much power. But a want to hear some really good debates about this.

Man...if we weren't here on this site, I'd call you SUCH an N word for making this discussion, as there are far bigger issues out there.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It sounds hilarious in a certain context, and I don't view it as offensive in any way.

Sorry, but it's the truth. You can't expect a generation of white, teenage boys who have been exposed to the internet for years on end to see the use of this word in any other light.

The more people that realize that words are words and insults only come from people who are lower than you as a person, and by insulting you are trying to hook you and reel you in to the bottom of the ocean just like them, the better.

But what if those insults come from people higher than you, like a politician. I mean, I know how "low" politicians are, but I'm fairly certain they had to do quite a few more things than you or I to get to that level of authority, however "low" they are.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite said:

@i_like_swords said:

But what if those insults come from people higher than you, like a politician. I mean, I know how "low" politicians are, but I'm fairly certain they had to do quite a few more things than you or I to get to that level of authority, however "low" they are.

It shouldn't make a difference, but it actually does. If a politician started cussing out a black guy using the N word he'd either really offend him or piss him to the max.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#206  Edited By Jorgevy
No Caption Provided

I don't like N either but what's up with all this hate? he's a nicely done character at least

PS: jokes aside, words are words. only the meaning people put into those words count. if someone calls me a bad name but is my friend and I can tell they don't mean it, it's totally ok, kinda funny even.

also, it's interesting because where I live the politically correct word is the N word, and black is the "oh crap did he just use that word"

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite said:

@i_like_swords said:

It shouldn't make a difference, but it actually does. If a politician started cussing out a black guy using the N word he'd either really offend him or piss him to the max.

News reporter from across the crowd Voice: I meant insults in general!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite said:

@i_like_swords said:

@perezite said:

@i_like_swords said:

Loading Video...

1:15.. "Get away from the DoOr.. nIggAA!"
And I ugh.. repeated the same insult.. cus that's sorta what I've been trained to do!

Wat.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite said:

@i_like_swords said:

@perezite said:

@i_like_swords said:

Loading Video...

1:15.. "Get away from the DoOr.. nIggAA!"
And I ugh.. repeated the same insult.. cus that's sorta what I've been trained to do!

Wat.

News reporter from across the crowd force: Trololololo?

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite said:

@magnificentstorm said:

So along with a couple of other things in the media the "N" has come back into play. I just wanna know what are everyone thoughts on the most powerful word (in my opinion) in the English dictionary. Do you think anyone should be able to use it? Do you think it should stay used by one race? Do you think it should be used at all? What are your thought on this word?

In all honestly I don't care who uses the word. Its a word no matter how you put it. The thing is how you interrupt that word in my opinion that gives this word so much power. But a want to hear some really good debates about this.

Man...if we weren't here on this site, I'd call you SUCH an N word for making this discussion, as there are far bigger issues out there.

I hope your not serious LoL, because if you read I only made this thread because its recently coming back into play in the media. Race in general actually. An just because their are bigger issues does not mean I have to not make my thread just because so.

Perezite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite said:

@magnificentstorm said:

I hope your not serious LoL, because if you read I only made this thread because its recently coming back into play in the media. Race in general actually. An just because their are bigger issues does not mean I have to not make my thread just because so.

I'd still call you such an N word if the Ban Hammer wouldn't fall on me. :P

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perezite said:

@magnificentstorm said:

@perezite said:

@magnificentstorm said:

I'd still call you such an N word if the Ban Hammer wouldn't fall on me. :P

Not like I would really caaaare sooooo yea :/

Again just because there are other issues doesn't mean I have to talk about them. An actually one could say race recently has become one of the biggest issues.

Mee09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly? I'm black and I wish that it was removed from the dictionary and society in general. It isn't needed anymore. It was never needed...

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That doesn't justify using a racial slur, especially from suburban white kids who think its cool.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@i_like_swords said:

That doesn't justify using a racial slur, especially from suburban white kids who think its cool.

I'm kind of on the stance that the way the word is used today, with the "a" ending opposed to the other one, that among friends its classed as okay to be used.

Black people use this version of the word literally all the time. Albeit, not all of them. What I'm trying to say is, it seems like it's okay around friends. So it should be limited to friends. And if one of those friends happen to be white, then so be it.

I don't actually think the word is that bad given it's used in the right situation.

I fully agree there is no justification for using this word as a racial slur. You never use it on a stranger and never as an insult. That's absolutely where the line is crossed. But among friends, it almost adds an element of "banter" or just fun to the conversation. But that's the only time I could see it being used.

The other version I haven't described is always a no go.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How is the word ugly? It's a word it shouldn't have in power on what people think.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ rogueshadow, that doesnt justify the word being used though, the word is an offensive putdown regardless of black or not and should not be abused by the youth of today regardless of color. Its like cosby is always saying, "pull ya pants up and stop using the damn word if you dont want others to excessively use it"

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@jnr6lil said:

@i_like_swords said:

I'm kind of on the stance that the way the word is used today, with the "a" ending opposed to the other one, that among friends its classed as okay to be used.

Black people use this version of the word literally all the time. Albeit, not all of them. What I'm trying to say is, it seems like it's okay around friends. So it should be limited to friends. And if one of those friends happen to be white, then so be it.

I don't actually think the word is that bad given it's used in the right situation.

I fully agree there is no justification for using this word as a racial slur. You never use it on a stranger and never as an insult. That's absolutely where the line is crossed. But among friends, it almost adds an element of "banter" or just fun to the conversation. But that's the only time I could see it being used.

The other version I haven't described is always a no go.

There is no right situation, Just because alot of people use it doesn't make it right. I don't really care (Hell I make racist jokes with my friends all the time), but just because people do it doesn't make it right. Even though its used for a banter, considering this is a word that was used when people got raped, lynched, whipped, etc, it's not something to use.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Honestly I think it's hilarious how some black people hate the N word so much, yet they run around saying n*gga left and right to each other.

I don't care what you say, there's no difference in my opinion. Don't bitch about the N word, when you say it all the time.

I'm sure all the people out there who fought for equal rights for blacks would be seriously shocked with all the black people that call each other and others n*gga all the time.

Reminds me of that Boondocks episode.. lol.

Well, that's just my opinion. Take it or leave it, my mind probably ain't gon change.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly I think it's hilarious how some black people hate the N word so much, yet they run around saying n*gga left and right to each other.

I don't care what you say, there's no difference in my opinion. Don't bitch about the N word, when you say it all the time.

I'm sure all the people out there who fought for equal rights for blacks would be seriously shocked with all the black people that call each other and others n*gga all the time.

Reminds me of that Boondocks episode.. lol.

Well, that's just my opinion. Take it or leave it, my mind probably ain't gon change.

Agree with that too.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@jnr6lil: Yay we finally agree on something! ^_^