The Many Looks of Starscream

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

So I did a Many Looks of Megatron article, here: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/off-topic-5/the-many-looks-of-megatron-1553921/

And it was pretty well received so I thought I would make another one, for everyone's faveourite back stabber. The Decepticon Air Commander Starscream.

So who is going to attempt to overthrow who here?
So who is going to attempt to overthrow who here?

As with Megatron Starscream has had many interpretations and appearances throughout Transformers, as he appears in pretty much every new series. So again I won't be covering all of them here, just a few.

Enjoy :)

No Caption Provided

So let's start with the version that started it all. Generation 1 Starscream. It is pretty iconic like most G1 appearances are. What I like about his robot mode is that everything from the jet has its place, the cockpit becomes the chest, the thrusters and back of the jet become the legs and the wings go to the back. Some people aren't a fan of jet Transformers being that predictable but I think it does work, and the G1 seeker was pretty much the first example of this. As Starscream is accompanied by two other characters who share his appearance but differ in colour and character, Thundercracker and Skywarp. This might be one of the if not the first example of repaints as well.

Thundercracker is the blue one, and Skywarp is the purple and black one.
Thundercracker is the blue one, and Skywarp is the purple and black one.

Most people like Skywarps colours best, but I like Thundercracker's. The other two seekers are worth mentioning as they have appeared as repaint of Starscream numerous times through out and are also much more than just repaints of Starscream. I shall not mention them again but they did need to be covered once.

No Caption Provided

Starscream originally turned into an F15 Eagle fighter. Which is a nice jet mode and is very iconic to the character. His G1 incarnation pretty much laid the groundwork for most other Starscreams, as unlike Megatron he has always turned into a jet of some sort. But I honestly could not imagine him being anything else.

Crap? Isn't it.
Crap? Isn't it.

I suppose the next notable look for Starcream after his G1 appearance is his Pretender form. I was going to skip this and just quickly cover his Machine Wars version, but that one doesn't really seem as noteworthy as his Pretender version. Even if it is sh!t.

I am not going to go into detail about the pretenders, just that they were sh!t when they came out and are even more so when we look back on them now. Take a look at it barf if you need too and we can move on.

No Caption Provided

I will just quickly show the Machine Wars version. It is probably a more forgotten appearance of Starscream. But it is radically different to his G1 counterpart. I think that is partly down to the fact that if I recall, as Starcream posses a mutant spark that is indestructible he possessed another Transformer's body. I do like this look a fair bit. And maybe it is just me but I see a bit of him in the TF Prime version. I think they took ques from him. Hey maybe the Machine Wars version isn't as forgotten as I thought it was :)

Moving swiftly on to the Unicron Trilogy

Yeah he came back as Thundercracker. That is how stupid the Unicron Trilogy was and he doesn't seem to like that much going by his face in the above picture.
Yeah he came back as Thundercracker. That is how stupid the Unicron Trilogy was and he doesn't seem to like that much going by his face in the above picture.

And Starscream had a slew of very nice looks throughout the three series. I actually struggle to pick which one I like better out of his Armada or Cybertron look.

Jihuaxus repaint you are not. :/
Jihuaxus repaint you are not. :/

His Armada appearance even made a resurgence in the IDW comics which was pretty nice. He got a new toy too. Really like his Armada look, helps that he is the most bearable version of Starscream out of the UT too.

So that leads us onto everyone's favorite Transformers series of all time, the movies (I was being sarcastic BTW)

No Caption Provided

I know some people really hate on this look, and looking at it I can fully understand why. But I don't hate it. I am not in love with the design either, but I have no malice against this appearance either. And besides it isn't his look in the movie that bothers me, it is his character...

And I do like the F22 Raptor alt mode, it is a nice update for the character.

No Caption Provided

Didn't Animated Starcream have balls? No I don't mean literally I mean as in the fact that he put a bomb on Megatron's back in the first episode of the series. He essentially did what many other Starscreams only plotted to do and never did.

Anyway. I like his Animated look, it is very G1 but, well animated I guess. Stylized that's the one. His big chin just helps bring out his character somehow. (not that I am saying people with big chins are arrogant or are like Starscream...I'll stop digging now :) )

He doesn't look best pleased to be wearing stilettos, I actually can't tell if he is grinning or frowning there. Hmm....
He doesn't look best pleased to be wearing stilettos, I actually can't tell if he is grinning or frowning there. Hmm....

Moving on to his latest incarnation as I am writing this article (?) Anyway is his Prime version. I really like the look of this Starscream. His design is just so fitting of the character. He is skinny and a bit spiky and a bit Machine Warsy. At least to me anyway. The red Decepticon insignia is interesting too.

So that about covers this article on everyone's fave back stabber.

As always comments, thoughts, suggestions etc are appreciated.

Until next time and not until Starscream grows a backbone, as that won't happen.

Thanks for reading :)

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Cool.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Sweetness.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Intriguing

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

His Armada look has always been a favorite of mine, IMO something just really stands out about it. I should also got up to date on the IDW series, I don't know why but I just keep on putting it off.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

I like the Prime version the best

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By frogdog

I would say that unicorn starscream had the biggest balls, seriously he almost beat primus.

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I like this. Keep them coming. :)

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool.

Sweetness.

@experio said:

Intriguing

Ha ha thanks :)

His Armada look has always been a favorite of mine, IMO something just really stands out about it. I should also got up to date on the IDW series, I don't know why but I just keep on putting it off.

It has been one of mine too. I like how his wings become swords.

I like the Prime version the best

It is a really great design.

@frogdog said:

I would say that unicorn starscream had the biggest balls, seriously he almost beat primus.

He did? Never really watched Cybertron. But he was also powered up so he was on equal if not superior terms with him. I think it would take more balls for Animated Starscream to put a bomb on Animated Megatron. :)

@bruxae said:

I like this. Keep them coming. :)

Thanks. I intend to :)

Dragonborn_CT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dragonborn_CT

Animated and Prime are my favorite looks!

:D

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#11  Edited By wildvine
No Caption Provided

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mrdecepticonleader: Yeah I probably like his Armada mode and Cybertron mode the best. I think the Armada mode looks cooler, but I love how the Cybertron Mode paid homage to G1 King Starscream by giving the same crowd when he became a giant....

This is really good by the way. Keep it up...

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Starscream at his best!

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why has this been moved to the Starscream forum? No one will be able to see it on here :/

@sc Is there any chance of this being put back on the off topic no one will be able to see it here.

Animated and Prime are my favorite looks!

:D

Cool :) I like those too. In fact I like pretty much all his looks here apart from his Pretenders version but most of the Pretenders are crap.

@wildvine said:
No Caption Provided

@laflux said:

@mrdecepticonleader: Yeah I probably like his Armada mode and Cybertron mode the best. I think the Armada mode looks cooler, but I love how the Cybertron Mode paid homage to G1 King Starscream by giving the same crowd when he became a giant....

This is really good by the way. Keep it up...

I like how it homages that too.

Thanks, will do. :)

Loading Video...

Starscream at his best!

Quickly followed by his worst...

So very fitting :D

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers