The Legend of Korra Discussion Thread.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I personally could have done without that ending simply due to the conservatory it's now causing across the web. Whether the creators intended for that to happen I can't say, but I now find the whole ending slightly ruined simply because it will always be about that one scene and not about Korra's journey and her growth into the Avatar she always wanted to be, which is how it should have ended.

Honestly, when Tenzin walked up I thought they were going to end it with him and Korra looking off at the Spirit Portal, parallel to how ATLA ended with Aang and Katara staring off into the sun set., which would have been perfect But instead we get an implied "they're more than friends" relationship that, in my opinion, ruined the ending for me because it felt very unnecessary.

This. Even a Team Avatar ending would be more appropriate. The reason Aang & Katara ended ATLA is because it showed Aang completing his true goal: which was winning the heart of Katara. Katara also had more of a connection to Aang than Asami to Korra, as she was there with most of the major moments in his life.

Hell Korra sitting down than having a 2-5 minute flashbacks of her events during the 3 seasons would be much better than this ending.

Great finale. Was it as good as ATLA finale? Hard to say, as they both functioned differently.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@jnr6lil said:

@war_killer said:

I personally could have done without that ending simply due to the conservatory it's now causing across the web. Whether the creators intended for that to happen I can't say, but I now find the whole ending slightly ruined simply because it will always be about that one scene and not about Korra's journey and her growth into the Avatar she always wanted to be, which is how it should have ended.

Honestly, when Tenzin walked up I thought they were going to end it with him and Korra looking off at the Spirit Portal, parallel to how ATLA ended with Aang and Katara staring off into the sun set., which would have been perfect But instead we get an implied "they're more than friends" relationship that, in my opinion, ruined the ending for me because it felt very unnecessary.

This. Even a Team Avatar ending would be more appropriate. The reason Aang & Katara ended ATLA is because it showed Aang completing his true goal: which was winning the heart of Katara. Katara also had more of a connection to Aang than Asami to Korra, as she was there with most of the major moments in his life.

Hell Korra sitting down than having a 2-5 minute flashbacks of her events during the 3 seasons would be much better than this ending.

Great finale. Was it as good as ATLA finale? Hard to say, as they both functioned differently.

Really I would had much rather liked the idea someone suggested earlier with Korra regaining her connection to her past lives and Aang congratulating her on becoming the Avatar she always wanted to be. It would have been fitting and give closure to Korra's story, but we instead got the whole "will they, won't they?" ending with her and Asami which just undermined the ending simply because it took away from the happy ending due to the conservatory it's now causing.

When ATLA ended, we got closure on everyone's story. We saw Team Avatar enjoying their victory, everyone with who they were suppose to be with and we finally see Aang and Katara find happiness in each other. It was the perfect ending to an amazing series. And while LoK has been a great series on its own, the ending just didn't hold up to that ending.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It was a good season ending, not a good series ending.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Honestly the writers are gonna deny them being a thing and the scene is sort of ambiguous that they could get away with it. It's a major fan pleaser if nothing else

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3107 Feral Nova  Moderator

I liked it as an ending for a season but for for the series? Man... I feel like so many questions weren't answered!

And I bet Warkiller is upset with never knowing about Sokka and Suki :P

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

Am I missing something? Am I the only one who saw the ending completely different than apparently everyone else is making it out to be?

I agree. It's just that fangirls and fanboys are really crazy so they see things differently

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

I liked it as an ending for a season but for for the series? Man... I feel like so many questions weren't answered!

We'll never know... we'll never know... T__T

But seriously, the series final was fine for me all the way up until the end. My biggest issue is that, due to the controversy that it's caused now, has taken away from the seriousness of the ending as it's now become more about Korra and Asami rather than about Korra's journey as the Avatar.

Hopefully we'll get some comics that follow Korra and the gang following Book 4 similar to how they currently have comics following Aang and Team Avatar after Book 3. I would be a nice way to answer some of the questions hard-core fans have been wanting the answers to since Book 1.

FoolsGold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Korra and Asami actually kissed would it have broke the internet?

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not the only one

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha! All shall burn before the canon! Asami x Korra, the only pairing. The true pairing.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanrocket: Hehehehe = 3=

So hyped they actually went through with it lol

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3115  Edited By HumanRocket

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: I don't really see it that way. It's another Inception ending. You either see it one way or the other. I'm with the just good friends side.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@war_killer said:

Yeah, I think this is what bothered me too

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3121  Edited By Jezer

Er, let's be real for a second.

It was meant to be subtle so that people could construe it as a friendship. If you saw it completely differently, then the makers succeeded. However, the reality is that Korra blushed when Asami complimented her earlier in the season(when's the last time you saw a girl blush when a friend compliments her?) and that rather noticeably combines with the ending--which mirrored ATLA--of them framed the same way Varrick and Zhu Li were framed for their wedding.

The fact that that makers seemed to make it a point to eliminate any confusion about her having a relationship with Makko--"I will always follow you into battle", not a single ounce of romance, but that's the sort of comradery-esque statement one makes to a good friend or brother---right before that end scene suggests it through juxtaposition....The fact that right before that Makko was telling Prince Wu that he won't set him up with Korra also suggests that the question of romance was underlying those last couple minutes.

....Let's be real. It is essentially canon. Creators probably wanted to start their own Avatar-esque legacy by having the first non-completely-hetero Nickelodeon strong female main character.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3122 Lunacyde  Moderator

@jezer said:

Er, let's be real for a second.

It was meant to be subtle so that people could construe it as a friendship. If you saw it completely differently, then the makers succeeded. However, the reality is that Korra blushed when Asami complimented her earlier in the season(when's the last time you saw a girl blush when a friend compliments her?) and that rather noticeably combines with the ending--which mirrored ATLA--of them framed the same way Varrick and Zhu Li were framed for their wedding.

The fact that that makers seemed to make it a point to eliminate any confusion about her having a relationship with Makko--"I will always follow you into battle", not a single ounce of romance, but that's the sort of comradery-esque statement one makes to a good friend or brother---right before that end scene suggests it through juxtaposition....The fact that right before that Makko was telling Prince Wu that he won't set him up with Korra also suggests that the question of romance was underlying those last couple minutes.

....Let's be real. It is essentially canon. Creators probably wanted to start their own Avatar-esque legacy by having the first non-completely-hetero Nickelodeon strong female main character.

This^ and I fully support it. i thought it was a great ending.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

See, I enjoyed scenes like this

Loading Video...

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3124  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

So...did they ever address the dark Korra reflection that kept popping up and causing her to lose??

Also, Korra pulled a Naruto and used Talk no Jutsu, connecting with her enemy, by showing they have something in common and showing them the error of their ways.

And, ugh, let the Korrasami shipping go into over drive.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3125  Edited By Arcus1

So...did they ever address the dark Korra reflection that kept popping up and causing her to lose??

Also, Korra pulled a Naruto and used Talk no Jutsu, connecting with her enemy, by showing they have something in common and showing them the error of their ways.

Pretty much something along the lines of spiritual-ish PTSD, she couldn't get past reliving that moment and it was blocking her spiritual connection, until she worked through it with Zaheer. At least that's how I saw it

Oh it is

And on a random note

No Caption Provided

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't this a good thing though? It shows how much Korra has developed from the hot head character that would solve their problems by punching people and using their bending? (unless you were impying that it's a good thing then you can ignore this comment).

As far as the Dark Korra, I think it's meant to show a reflection of how Korra sees herself after the fight. Like Katara said about the mind being a power tool, Korra's mind was the one that was blocking her from going into the Avatar state and that dark reflection was a manifestation of the block. That's how I'm looking at it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3127 the_stegman  Moderator

@humanrocket: Oh, I'm not complaining about the Talk no jutsu, I just found it funny.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3128  Edited By Arcus1
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@arcus said:

Can I just say, I've never really understood the Korrasami obsession (or the obsession with shipping couples in general). Why can't people be friends? If people want to see the ending as making Korra and Asami lesbian, that's cool I guess, but I don't see it that way

This. People read too much into things.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3130 Lunacyde  Moderator

@arcus said:

Can I just say, I've never really understood the Korrasami obsession (or the obsession with shipping couples in general). Why can't people be friends? If people want to see the ending as making Korra and Asami lesbian, that's cool I guess, but I don't see it that way

This. People read too much into things.

The entire point of the ending is that it's ambiguous. It can be construed either way depending upon on how you look at it, but there is no definite answer....and that's the beauty of it. People aren't reading too much into it because it was designed for people to interpret how they wish.

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, they left a few questions unanswered.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3132 Lunacyde  Moderator

You're never going to be able to answer every question....they did an awesome job of storytelling and it came out great.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, but that's pretty much guaranteed. ATLA did too

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@petey_is_spidey said:

True. But the one question that will bug me until the end of time is what happened to Zuko's mom!

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@petey_is_spidey said:

True. But the one question that will bug me until the end of time is what happened to Zuko's mom!

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=avatar+the+search

It's all in the comics

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Wow that's quite a few to read. Will it bother you kind sir to tell me what happen? :D

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3137 Lunacyde  Moderator

@arcus: Wow that's quite a few to read. Will it bother you kind sir to tell me what happen? :D

You're too lazy to read it for yourself? Obviously you don't care THAT much.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Umm...it's kinda complicated

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@petey_is_spidey said:

You're too lazy to read it for yourself? Obviously you don't care THAT much.

It's like an HOUR AND A HALF!!

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@petey_is_spidey said:

Never mind then, don't want to waist your time.

Here goes an hour and a half of my life...

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@petey_is_spidey said:

Never mind then, don't want to waist your time.

Here goes an hour and a half of my life...

You'll see, there's not really a simple explanation

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can we just take a moment to appreciate this demonstration of waterbending from Korra?

No Caption Provided

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to know about the people implying that they're lesbo/bi, why or how do do you imply this. I mean is it because they're holding hadns?(cause heterosexual girls do that all the time). I mean I'm just curious how you guys come to this conclusion.

I don't think Korrasami is a thing. Maybe they are at most bi curious, but I think the show could have done a little better with that bi curiousity trait, instead of just having one blushing because of a compliment earlier this season. So, it feels somehow like male writters make female characters out of the blue lesbians just because they dig that, hate it when female sexuality is shown that way, that happens too often, and implies that women all have a homosexual tendency. Don't get me wrong, I have no issues with homosexuality, I just prefer characters with a more consitent sexual orientation.

I think the reason people are dissatisfied with the Korrasami ship is because it just feels forced, like having a homosexual couple for the sake of "being inclusive/progressive"..

It feels forced and that's why it shouldn't be there. She just goes away with Asami, no good bye's no helping to rebuild the earth kingdom, after she had to proof she was still relevant, she is just going to run away... sorry but I'm really disappointed.

Also, a better ending would be Korra reconnecting with her past lives or talking to Aang.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

@war_killer said:

Really I would had much rather liked the idea someone suggested earlier with Korra regaining her connection to her past lives and Aang congratulating her on becoming the Avatar she always wanted to be. It would have been fitting and give closure to Korra's story, but we instead got the whole "will they, won't they?" ending with her and Asami which just undermined the ending simply because it took away from the happy ending due to the conservatory it's now causing.

When ATLA ended, we got closure on everyone's story. We saw Team Avatar enjoying their victory, everyone with who they were suppose to be with and we finally see Aang and Katara find happiness in each other. It was the perfect ending to an amazing series. And while LoK has been a great series on its own, the ending just didn't hold up to that ending.

I think with the problem with this series finale is that the series didn't pick up until Book 3 so there wasn't much of an emotional connection. Books 1 & 2 suffered in quality.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3146  Edited By Sovereign91001

Haters gonna hate. Doesn't matter either way, I'm on cloud freaking nine.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@deranged_midget said:

Am I missing something? Am I the only one who saw the ending completely different than apparently everyone else is making it out to be?

People who have been looking for a romantic relationship between them are gonna see a romantic relationship, personally that's not how I see it

You can't fight the shippers:(

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Man did I hate that ending. Terrible and Predictable

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@deranged_midget: I just heard about korrasami but even ign reviewer brought up that scene scene

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many questions left unanswered!

Didn't mind the Korrasami but they should have put more time into it if they wanted to go that route and not just rush it.

Where the hell is the montage of what happened to the characters? I need closure!