User Lists: 0

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2552 the_stegman  Moderator

@lvenger: Yeah, now that I know WHY she ran away, it makes more sense than just up and leaving.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dextersinister: I'm not judging anyone, I'm stating the truth. Like it or not Korra still has a responsibility to the world hence her overcoming those obstacles in season 1-3. I understand this is a traumatic experience but not opening up to anyone about it was not the way to deal with it. And honestly I'd rather face Zaheer than have to fight someone like Koh, the face stealer. Korra's villains are edgey but I wouldn't place her experiences as the Avatar above the rest.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They see me bendin' they hatin'.

No Caption Provided

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2555  Edited By Roddy010

@arcus said:

@roddy010: Aang ran away, twice

Aang ran away once. The second time he unconsciously migrated to the Giant Lion Turtle for advice.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: he ran away when he froze himself in the iceberg, and then he ran away at the beginning of Season 3

Korra did talk about it, she spent all that time with Katara

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: He ran away to fulfill his Avatar duty and prematurely confront the Fire Lord. That's not the same as Korra running off the way she did.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010:

He still ran away without telling anyone, putting himself in danger to try to prove a point. Was it understandable-sure. Was it the right thing to do-no

My point is you can't blame Korra for not being perfect

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2559  Edited By Roddy010

@arcus: You're comparing two different scenarios to try to prove a point that can not be completely justified. Aang left to confront the Fire Lord while Korra left to sulk in her own misery. Also I never said Korra was perfect or even implied as such. She is still a human and thus will make many mistakes but she must learn from them as well. Running away from your problems won't make them go away and this is what both Aang and Korra had learn.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2560  Edited By Arcus1

@roddy010:

You have a point, I just think you're being a bit harsh on Korra. When Korra left, she didn't have any responsibilities. The world, as far as she knew, was getting along fine, and its problems were being dealt with. Korra didn't leave to sulk, she left to do some soul searching, try to reconnect with Raava and regain her strength.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Lol maybe so. I just feel we've been through this same song and dance for 3 seasons of Korra (re)connecting with herself/Avatar spirit. She should have established a better connection by now. Even Toph states as much.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2562  Edited By Arcus1

@roddy010: Maybe, but that's partly because people keep threatening and destroying her connection

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Fair enough lol. On a side note I'm so ready for Bolin to show what he's learned over the years as far as Lava bending is conscerned.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: oh me too! I like to think that Kuvira wants Bolin to stay on her side because she feels threatened by his abilities

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Lol I got that same vibe when she convinced him to stay on the team. She knows he's a powerhouse, but Bolin needs to watch the company he keeps. I have a feeling this will lead to a sibling rivalry with Mako. Kurvira just may push Bolin to the edge.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: Yes you are judging, you keep trying to make comparisons that what she went through isn't as bad as others had it.

The fact that you need to dredge up a character that was only in the show for a few moments to lend credence to the idea of more threatening foes proves my point. You would be lying if you tried to say keeping your face straight in front of a face stealer for a few moments is comparable to actually being poisoned and crippled. Korra is a darker show.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: oh there's definitely going to be a sibling rivalry! I'm kinda hoping for a Mako vs Bolin, unfortunately there's only so much time for fight scenes...

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Can see a fight scene similar to the fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan (Star Wars) between the two. Maybe one of them gets a scar or loses a limb.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: First off you don't think for me so you can't tell me what my post was intended for. I wasn't judging Korra to begin with, I was stating my opinion backed by obvious facts. If you don't like that then reign in your own bitterness. Yes Korra is a darker show but that doesn't make her experiences more impactful than any other Avatar.and no I would not be lying since I mentioned Koh in reference to his battle against Avatar Kuruk. Koh had taking away what Kuruk loved the most and keeping a completely apethetic face in battle is hardly an easy feat. Excuses are like assholes , everyone has one.

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Give mako a Zuko scar maybe...

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: nah, if Mako's gonna have a scar it should be unique

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Agreed

Loved Toph kicking the crap out of Korra

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: haha yeah that was fun. I'm still hoping for an old people battle

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Between themselves? Or a team up

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jacthripper: team up, like White Lotus vs Ba Sing Se. Though between themselves could be cool too

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@roddy010: oh there's definitely going to be a sibling rivalry! I'm kinda hoping for a Mako vs Bolin, unfortunately there's only so much time for fight scenes...

Imagine this.

Mako, Bolin.

Earth and Lava vs Fire and Lightning. While they're fighting there's no sounds coming from them, grunting and breathing, all we can hear is the sound effects from their bending with this playing in the background

Loading Video...

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2578  Edited By Arcus1
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2580  Edited By Dextersinister

@roddy010: first off you don't think for me so you can't tell me what my post was intended for.

Poor logic, your post is a series of words and if that wasn't your intent you failed to portray that because those words clearly made a comparison between what she went through and what Aang went through stating that you believed it wasn't as big a deal.

I wouldn't place her experiences as the Avatar above the rest.

The fact is this is your judgement/opinion on the matter so I can tell you what you think if you've told me what you think.

The loss of loved one is not comparable with PTSD but that is still a poor example on your part, Kuruk didn't kill Koh because his wife was trapped in him, turned his back on his duty, unfair to the character but a point we someone could make, he is human after all.

Aang could have killed Ozai but instead choose not to and ran because he can't bring himself to kill, countless people would have died if he hadn't lucked out and had the avatar state restored. Unfair to make that point as they are human but you see where I'm going.

Going on soul searching journey instead of just instantly getting over your PTSD doesn't seem so bad.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister:

Did I strike a nerve?!
Did I strike a nerve?!

You obviously feel some type of way about Korra to resort to personal attacks about my "logic". Not once in my post did I say she should "instantly overcome a PTSD" and btw losing a love one can cause traumatic stress as well. Especially if Kuruk discoverd his faceless wife. I also never made the comparison of Aang and Korra. You and Arcus were the ones that brought Aang into the discussion. Korra's experiences are not more impactful than any other Avatar's experience, which is true. My original point was that it was selfish of her to shut everyone out and it was. That's not to say Aang or anyone else didn't have selfish motives at one point as well. Going on a soul searchimg journey is fine but she still needs support and guidance. She can't do it all alone.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2582  Edited By Dextersinister

@roddy010:

• you gave an opinion
  • I disagreed with your opinion
  • you said I made a personnel attack because I disagreed with your opinion on a debating website and overacted.

Of course we will compare Korra with Aang when you say she is selfish in regards to her duty asthe avatar.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicvine Allow Me to formally introduce you to

Firelord Izumi

No Caption Provided

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2584 Lunacyde  Moderator

@roddy010 said:

@arcus: You're comparing two different scenarios to try to prove a point that can not be completely justified. Aang left to confront the Fire Lord while Korra left to sulk in her own misery. Also I never said Korra was perfect or even implied as such. She is still a human and thus will make many mistakes but she must learn from them as well. Running away from your problems won't make them go away and this is what both Aang and Korra had learn.

Korra didn't leave to sulk. She left in search of trying to regain her abilities and become her former self. She got lost along the way. I am sure that she will learn this lesson in this season.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2586  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Curious no one has brought up that Vaatu > Koh.

thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@thatguywithheadphones: so that's her name huh? Wonder if we'll actually see her much

Bryke says will have a little bit more of here.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2588  Edited By Arcus1

@thatguywithheadphones: She's got a cool name @lunacyde: Vaatu>anyone Aang ever fought, though imo Koh's creepier. Amon's still the scariest Avatar villain

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@war_killer said:

Oh come on, we got a reference to the Kyoshi Warriors (or possibly just Kyoshi herself?) yet still no reference to Sokka or Suki... :(

Let's not give up hope bro, hopefully Ikki and the gang travel to Kyoshi Island in search of her, That is the last hope of us getting a Sokka/Suki reference I can hope for

I like that idea, I hadn't thought of that! :D

And thus my hope has been shattered D: I mean sure Toph mentioned Sokka in refrence to "Bitter Work" but I was honestly hoping to see them travel to Kyoshi Island, even though I liked today's episode I really wish that had taken at least one more episode to find Korra

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

New Ep, "The Calling" is up on Nick.com

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So how was Katara able to revive Aang if he was dead in the Book 2 Finale. Was he confirmed dead or was it more like unconsciousness that would result in death if not healed?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil said:

So how was Katara able to revive Aang if he was dead in the Book 2 Finale. Was he confirmed dead or was it more like unconsciousness that would result in death if not healed?

Magic plot-device spirit water

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So anyone else think this episode was amazing?

Joewell911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joewell: I loved the way they connected all the villains

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2596  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@arcus: What about the second question.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jnr6lil: it was never entirely clear. You know how people's hearts can stop and they can be "dead" but then revived with an AED or something? Imo it was kinda like that

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: Exactly that's how I saw it as. Never saw it as officially dead than just randomly revived but rather the equivalent of someone being shot, then going unconscious before being revived by the doctors.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2599 the_stegman  Moderator

Ikki and Meelo were the stars of the latest episode, they were amazing! !

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

So anyone else think this episode was amazing?

It was very good.

I see someone wanted the search to be longer but they don't have time for that and some where annoyed that the episode revolved around the kids but if it hadn't been then it wouldn't have ment as much when they found Korra.

Wondering where it will go from here. Getting better was one thing but access to the avatar state is another, I'm surprised she got it back so soon, up until now there has always been plot elements that prevent it from being used from the get-go to handle a situation. I wonder if this will be a case of you can't simply physically beat the opponent because they have too much support.