The Legend of Korra Discussion Thread.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

@mrmazz: I don't think Suyin is a villain but I could be proven wrong. At least, I really hope she isn't. I think she's just more reckless than her sister. She kind of reminds me of Korra, minus the criminal background.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Why Aang no learn metal bending?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@feral_nova: I was actually surprised that Toph was still alive. The way the Katara worded it in season one she said that most of her friends and Aang moved on to the next life. But, seeing as the Toph was the youngest of the group, should have been common sense for me to know she would still be around.

I'm betting on Toph making an appearance towards the end of this book, maybe helping team Avatar in the battle against these new enemies.

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Season 3 is pretty decent. Ghazan is such a beast I personally think he's the best of the four but P'li is also really powerful

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2005 Lunacyde  Moderator

I don't know I also got a bad feeling about Su Yin. I think her criminal past may not be completely behind, her she may have connections to the 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6c48b224e95
deactivated-5d6c48b224e95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Currently I am waiting for the game with my heart and soul, it's estimated to be out this year.

Ishkafel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm liking this ensemble of bad guys in book 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amon, UnaVaatu and Zaheer the greatest avatar villains ever.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#2009  Edited By MrMazz

Episode 9 "The Stakeout" is up. That last act exposition dump was awesome! I'll update with more cogent less ZOMG fanboyishness later.

Ok much longer thoughts are posted here (cheap plug)

I love the possibility of Korra exploring concepts of anarchisim and revolution! The casting o Henry Rollins makes much more sense. Lets appreciate some of his prior voice work.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

"The Stakeout" was an interesting episode. The climax was intense and intriging.

I know this may sound either dumb or cruel, but the idea that Mako and Bolin could be brainwashed (or if the writers are creative enough bloodbended) into fighting Korra and Asami would be interesting.

I can't wait for what's next!

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2011  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Hey where did you guys watch the latest episode?!

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2012 Lunacyde  Moderator
MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: nick.com, I linked to it in my original comment. Are you getting GeoBlocked?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2014 Lunacyde  Moderator

@mrmazz:

For some reason it only let me watch the first 7 minutes?

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: how odd, I did get a pop up about making an "adults account" but just refreshed it and it played like normal. their player isn't the best scrubbing for exact time was a huge pain.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2016 Lunacyde  Moderator

@mrmazz:

Never mind I got it to work and it was AWESOME

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

....Anyone else kinda rooting for The Red Lotus? lol

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2018 Lunacyde  Moderator

@jezer: I wouldn't say rooting for, but they are very sympathetic and interesting villains.

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like the new episode. Learning about Lin's past with her sister.

The new villains are very interesting.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was right!!!!!!!!

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jezer said:

....Anyone else kinda rooting for The Red Lotus? lol

SMASH THE STATE!!!

Jezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He made a good argument. Though, he's taking it to the extreme if he's talking about ALL world leaders, regardless of whether they are corrupt or not. And, he's extreme in his methods (did you really just trap Iowa's(sp?) soul for an eternity...damn)

I'm kind of hoping they all take down the Earth Queen in the next episode lol

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2023 Lunacyde  Moderator

Ironically I think better season = less discussion.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2024 the_stegman  Moderator

I hate that it's online now, I had my DVR record it, now I'm gonna forget to watch it...and yes, I forgot to watch it.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2025 Lunacyde  Moderator

I hate that it's online now, I had my DVR record it, now I'm gonna forget to watch it...and yes, I forgot to watch it.

How can you forget!?

Ironically this set up is better for me. Now all I need is Wi-Fi on a Friday night to get my Korra fix.

I live and work at a small Army Corp of Engineers lake as a Park Ranger. I live in a camper and have no tv. I had my parents recording Korra back home, but I would have to wait until I went home to watch them. Now I ride my bike to the nearest gas station, get Wi-Fi and watch lol

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2026  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@lunacyde: My DVR ruined me, I can't keep track of dates and times for shows anymore, I'm just used to coming home and having it waiting for me.

Plus, I couldn't find the place on Nick it was steaming on, so I watched it on an outside source regardless.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2027 Lunacyde  Moderator

@the_stegman:

Yeah i couldn't find it either i had to follow the link Mazz provided.

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody here think the Red Louts are actually the good guys? Maybe a long shot but what if the writers are making it seem that Red Lotus are the antagonists but aren't?

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr_clockwork91: Like all good antagonists, the Red Lotus think themselves the heroes of their story. It's all about point of view. Since the show is squarley from the POV (or there abouts) of Korra, the RL are presented as antagonistic forces. Right now they're like any good villian, they belive in their cause and most importantly their goal is something understandable: a redistirbution of power as a means to end corruption and explotation. Their methods are extreme, which is what makes them the antagonists but you can see where they're coming from.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

@mrmazz said:

@mr_clockwork91: Like all good antagonists, the Red Lotus think themselves the heroes of their story. It's all about point of view. Since the show is squarley from the POV (or there abouts) of Korra, the RL are presented as antagonistic forces. Right now they're like any good villian, they belive in their cause and most importantly their goal is something understandable: a redistirbution of power as a means to end corruption and explotation. Their methods are extreme, which is what makes them the antagonists but you can see where they're coming from.

Well said, it's exactly this that makes The Red Lotus compelling and interesting villains for this season of LoK. If there's one thing LoK has done better than Last Airbender, it's the villains. Amon and The Red Lotus are technically more compelling and deeper than Zuko or Azula.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2031  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@lvenger said:

@mrmazz said:

Well said, it's exactly this that makes The Red Lotus compelling and interesting villains for this season of LoK. If there's one thing LoK has done better than Last Airbender, it's the villains. Amon and The Red Lotus are technically more compelling and deeper than Zuko or Azula.

I could argue for hours that Zuko was just as compelling, if not moreso, but as his character developement truly excelled because he WASN"T a villain I will let it go :)

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmazz: I guess those are the best kind of villians, the ones who truly believe they are doing good.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2033 Lunacyde  Moderator

I feel sympathetic to their cause though, I'd love to see them take out the Earth Queen

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zaheer betrayed by Unalaq wtf. Dang. Zaheer is gonna be epic in the next episode. I hope they make him fuse with Raava. Zaheer new avatar FTW. Lol jk. Here's the rap battle: Aang vs Korra.

Loading Video...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:
@lvenger said:

@mrmazz said:

I could argue for hours that Zuko was just as compelling, if not moreso, but as his character developement truly excelled because he WASN"T a villain I will let it go :)

That would have been my response were we to have that discussion mate :P Zuko's development in Avatar came from growing from a villain to a conflicted anti hero to a protagonist throughout the entirety of The Last Airbender. And whilst I agree he is a more compelling character, Amon and The Red Lotus are better as stand alone antagonists that have understandable motives but extreme ways of implementing them.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2036  Edited By ComicStooge

@lvenger said:

@mrmazz said:

Zuko was layered as hell, IMO.

EDIT: Disregard that.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2037  Edited By Lvenger

@comicstooge said:

@lvenger said:

@mrmazz said:

He was indeed. Like an ogre's layers :P But my point was that Amon and The Red Lotus are the flat out antagonists with understandable motives whereas Zuko was the character on a journey. That's what made his development work so well.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I hope we see Toph again.

In any case, I freaking love all characters. Even Mako's OK, now.

All of Season 3 has been pure win.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@comicstooge said:

@lvenger said:

@mrmazz said:

He was indeed. Like an ogre's layers :P But my point was that Amon and The Red Lotus are the flat out antagonists with understandable motives whereas Zuko was the character on a journey. That's what made his development work so well.

:( Season 3 only has like, 3 episodes left.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@comicstooge said:

@lvenger said:

@mrmazz said:

I know, it's such a shame that LoK gets almost half less episodes than The Last Airbender did. TLA could really flesh its characters out and develop an intricate story with a full 20 episodes whereas LoK has less time to do so. Not to mention the bummer that, after Book 4, the original creators are stepping down from being involved in making new LoK episodes. But Nickelodeon has renewed for more seasons of Korra so they do plan to make more. That makes me feel trepidatious to say the least :(

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also I know this is a Korra thread but this Youtuber has been doing really great motion comics of the spin off Avatar: The Last Airbender comics. If anyone's feeling nostalgic for TLA, these comics are really good. You can watch them online if you don't want to buy them. This is just one example.

Loading Video...

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@comicstooge said:

@lvenger said:

@comicstooge said:

@lvenger said:

@mrmazz said:

I know, it's such a shame that LoK gets almost half less episodes than The Last Airbender did. TLA could really flesh its characters out and develop an intricate story with a full 20 episodes whereas LoK has less time to do so. Not to mention the bummer that, after Book 4, the original creators are stepping down from being involved in making new LoK episodes. But Nickelodeon has renewed for more seasons of Korra so they do plan to make more. That makes me feel trepidatious to say the least :(

Hopefully Season 4 will still be awesome. They have great material to work off.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fun fact: I read the Promise, the Search and the two chapters of the Rift in the space of about 3 hours, then spent all of the next day watching all 9 episodes of LOK Season 3.

Screw schoolwork!

Mr_Clockwork91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2045  Edited By Mr_Clockwork91

@comicstooge: We should make a college course about the Avatar universe and how it relates to ours in terms of political, social and spiritual aspects.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Korra base been renewed beyond Book 4? Do you have a link because I didn't hear about this before.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I think either Bryan or Michael said Books 3 and 4 would feel more like The Last Airbender and that plot points from Book 3 would carry over to Book 4. There'll be more connections between the two books than between Book 1 and 2.

@lvenger: Korra base been renewed beyond Book 4? Do you have a link because I didn't hear about this before.

Oh no my mistake, I found a link from Bryan Konietzko instead where he says LoK concludes with Book 4. My bad but this does at least give the series much better closure than if it were to continue: http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/27078349740/im-sure-this-meme-is-dead-by-now-but-it-still

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2049  Edited By Lvenger

I can send you a link to some sites if you want. I've been watching my cartoons and other American programmes I'm interested in online so I know a few places.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2050 the_stegman  Moderator

@lvenger: that's okay, I know where to find them, I just rather it come to me than me looking it up, lol.