The Legend of Korra Discussion Thread.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

So I was on wikipedia and I saw something interesting............

The title of the last episode in season 3 is called "venom of the red lotus". I guess the red lotus is the exact opposite if the white lotus, and still a secret unlike the white lotus. Since the white lotus is supposed to keep peace between the 4 nations, the red lotus could be trying to cause chaos between the 4 nations and capturing korra could be a good start.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1952  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

The title of the last episode in season 3 is called "venom of the red lotus". I guess the red lotus is the exact opposite if the white lotus, and still a secret unlike the white lotus. Since the white lotus is supposed to keep peace between the 4 nations, the red lotus could be trying to cause chaos between the 4 nations and capturing korra could be a good start.

Maybe Zaheer and his group form the Red Lotus?

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Maybe Zaheer and his group form the Red Lotus?

Possibly, or it is a secret society like the white lotus? I still find this to be awesome!

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1954  Edited By judasnixon

Can I have a whole episode with just these four in it?

No Caption Provided
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Book Three has been awesome so far. I'm glad we're seeing so much of the Avatar World this season, as well as so many different characters. I'm also excited to see the Air Nation get rebuilt and see them reintegrate into the world after after over a 100 years of the world just having three nations.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Lol, Korra is just now learning metal-bending... and she is supposedly the first avatar to bend metal? None of the previous avatars thought about bending metal? lol

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: Well if Toph was the first Metal Bender and Aang was busy ya know repopulating the Air Nation and stopping wars her being the first metal bending avatar makes sense.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1958 Lunacyde  Moderator

@the_stegman:

I agree that throughout the series', TLA was much stronger. BUT I think these past few episodes, as well as a hand picked few from LoK's first two seasons are on par with TLA, even during it's strongest moments. Basically TLA was just more consistent to me, and just had better all around character development.

@jezer: I can see why you would think that. Personally, I'm just enjoying the show 'cuz it's avatar. I'm not real worried over which is better :P

This, so much this.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1959  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk said:

Lol, Korra is just now learning metal-bending... and she is supposedly the first avatar to bend metal? None of the previous avatars thought about bending metal? lol

It was invented during Aang's lifetime so he and Korra are the only one's who could possibly have learned it and apparently he didn't think it was necessary, or just didn't have time to learn it.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmazz But there are entire cycles of avatars before Aang, I just think it's strange that none of them thought about bending metal i:

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1961 the_stegman  Moderator

@mrmazz But there are entire cycles of avatars before Aang, I just think it's strange that none of them thought about bending metal i:

I'm assuming many didn't think of metal as just refined earth. When you think about it, Toph's unique radar sense allowed her to see the minerals in metal, she then put together that since it had earth in it, an Earthbender could manipulate it, others before her probably didn't make the connection.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk said:

I'm assuming many didn't think of metal as just refined earth. When you think about it, Toph's unique radar sense allowed her to see the minerals in metal, she then put together that since it had earth in it, an Earthbender could manipulate it, others before her probably didn't make the connection.

Yea A:TLA time really only firted with ideas of modern industrialzation and mass production of metals anyway. The best possibility I could think of is an Avatar finding a meteorite because SuYin said they have special properties that allow them to bend easier.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: I would say LOA had a good 1st season, a brilliant second season and the 3rd season was a let down although the ending was excellent.

Didn't help that Toph and Iroh where heavily neglected in season 3 although Iroh for a good reason.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk:

Other people could have learned metalbending but simply never passed on there teachings. Look at Hama for instance, she discovered bloodbending by accident and would have died without anyone even knowing she was a bloodbender if Katara hadn't stumbled upon her.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1965  Edited By SpitfirePanda

My one major complaint about this series is that the villains aren't given enough time for us to really get to know them. Amon lasted one season, Chief Unalaq lasted one season. These four will likely last only one season. It feels a bit rushed with so few episodes in a season.

In contrast, we got to really know Zuko and Azula, and their father was so mysterious and dangerous and extremely well built up. Even when Azula fails to break into Ba Sing Se with the drill, you still come away thinking about how awesomely bad she is. I just watched the episodes where she infiltrates the city and captures it. She was so sinister and cunning. Amon could have been built up longer and even continued to be a threat during Unalaq's arc. That would have given us more time for him to shine as a villain.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My one major complaint about this series is that the villains aren't given enough time for us to really get to know them. Amon lasted one season, Chief Unalaq lasted one season. These four will likely last only one season. It feels a bit rushed with so few episodes in a season.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe both Book Three and Four are being made back-to-back and storylines currently being developed in Book Three, such as with the Earth Queen wanting an army of Airbenders and the four mysterious villains, will roll over into Book Four as well.

It's been stated that Book Three will feel more like the original Avatar series, which had storylines begin in one season but roll over and conclude in the next.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer: Sounds good to me! I hadn't heard that. Thanks for the info :)

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1968 Lunacyde  Moderator

@spitfirepanda said:

If I'm not mistaken, I believe both Book Three and Four are being made back-to-back and storylines currently being developed in Book Three, such as with the Earth Queen wanting an army of Airbenders and the four mysterious villains, will roll over into Book Four as well.

It's been stated that Book Three will feel more like the original Avatar series, which had storylines begin in one season but roll over and conclude in the next.

Hope this is true.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

That's a nice thesis on what the new villains might be about. Spreading chaos where The White Lotus spread peace makes a whole lot of symmetrical sense. I'm personally interested in the possibility that The Red Lotus might want to overthrow all authority figures e.g The President of Republic City, The Earth Queen and even Korra to an extent. If they're painted as relatively grey antagonists, I'll be really intrigued in how the conflict is resolved.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1970 Lunacyde  Moderator

So, I haven't seen the last episode so it already may have been addressed. The last episode I was able to watch was "The Metal Clan". Anyone think Toph leaving had something to do with Lin's sister and not actually to go find enlightenment. Toph never really seemed like the type to go on a journey like that, and it would explain why Lin is so angry at her since she would likely blame her.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde: It was addressed. Toph and Suyin worked out their differences a few years before current events. Nick.com might have last week's episodes up to watch so you can catch up.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1972 Lunacyde  Moderator

@spitfirepanda:

Ah well thank you. If not i will be heading home on wednesday so i will be able to catch up.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1973 Lunacyde  Moderator

Pretty excited how close my guess was though.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

That's a nice thesis on what the new villains might be about. Spreading chaos where The White Lotus spread peace makes a whole lot of symmetrical sense. I'm personally interested in the possibility that The Red Lotus might want to overthrow all authority figures e.g The President of Republic City, The Earth Queen and even Korra to an extent. If they're painted as relatively grey antagonists, I'll be really intrigued in how the conflict is resolved.

That would make sense, no authority figures could have that nation become an anarchy.

Taking out Korra would probably be a priority because she is one of the most powerful people on that planet, taking her out would send a message and get people to follow them.

If they really are about spreading chaos, maybe its because they had bad experiences with authority figures in the past? They believe power corrupts and could be used to abuse innocent people like how Ozai, Sozin, Azulon, Unulaq, Tarrlak, and the new earth queen abused their power. No authority figures could allow people to make their own rules and hope that people would treat each other with some respect to keep peace and order.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1975  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@judasnixon said:

Can I have a whole episode with just these four in it?

No Caption Provided

We're probably going to get a flashback episode of 13 years ago.

And the problem with LOK is that there's only about 10-12 episodes per season unlike ATLA which was 20-21.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

That would make sense, no authority figures could have that nation become an anarchy.

Taking out Korra would probably be a priority because she is one of the most powerful people on that planet, taking her out would send a message and get people to follow them.

If they really are about spreading chaos, maybe its because they had bad experiences with authority figures in the past? They believe power corrupts and could be used to abuse innocent people like how Ozai, Sozin, Azulon, Unulaq, Tarrlak, and the new earth queen abused their power. No authority figures could allow people to make their own rules and hope that people would treat each other with some respect to keep peace and order.

I agree, maybe they want more anarchy or a looser world republic rather than authoritarian controlled nations?

And in her own way, Korra is an authority figure too. The bridge between the spirit and human world (before Book 2), defender and protector of people all over the world and maintaining world balance is the basic crux of an authority figure after all. Without her, the world wouldn't have anyone to rally behind.

Excellent points man, I'll be really interested in seeing why they despise authority figures in the world. And why they want to make up their own rules too.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1977  Edited By MrMazz

So bryan konietzko just posted this to his Tumblr

No Caption Provided

And Michael Di Martino posted this on facebook(?) page.

This is after it was discoverd that Nick had stopped Korra's 2 episodes every Friday airing and basically cut everything after this week, which will only be one new episode.

On one hand I'm totally used to this, look at the airing for the original A:TLA and well Young Justice, Beware the Batman and Avengers: EMH. The gatekeepers just don't see a market for action toons (serialized or otherwise) when you an make comparativly cheaper 15 min (with commercial shorts) program the heck out of them and draw the same ratings and your desired demo Males 9-14 (ish) will still totally watch them.

That said everything is going Digitial but Nickelodeon hasn't been reportedly making any moves like with Disney's micro mobile video platform. Also Most of Korra's fanbase is online for better or worse. Either way Nickelodeon already made its Korra bed. They'll try to recoup funds somehow. Guess we'll wait till the SDCC panel.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"…the rest of the season will be available from various sites."

Does this mean that Korra won't be on Nick? Wow, this is extremely stupid. They're still airing TMNT, so… what the heck? If these idiots can't market action, then they're just bad at their jobs… or not trying hard enough… probably both.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as I can still watch the show its all good. What's up with all these good shows getting cancelled?

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spitfirepanda: now I don't watch the TMNT show but from what I gather it isn't very seralized and already has a prestablished IP behind it that Viacom owns and licenses the crap out of with toys and sadly is led by a bunch of males. Korra dosen't have toys it's got a video game coming out (that actually seems cool), it is led by a femal, and very seralized.

It's like all the things that made Young Justice and Avengers:EMH great but great for an audience in the 15-35 demo who don't really watch TV like their younger relatives. Even younger kids aren't really doing the cable tv any more when you have quality minecraft videos and equally well made (also likely cheaper produced) 15 minute comedy content on YouTube.

Korra has all the great qualities of television just is in a home where it's aims are counter to everything that home is about.

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmazz: True enough. I buy shows off of iTunes and watch it on my computer more often then I watch it on TV. They should make toys, really. I don't understand why they don't. Hasbro markets the crap out of MLP, but it's embraced the older community and we buy the toys and merchandise in return. That's the problem that YJ had, really. No merchandise and no extra income to offset the cost of creating the show. I don't even think CN tried to market toys and the like. I don't remember seeing a single commercial for toys, online or on tv. I don't remember any toys, either, and I stocked toys at Walmart when the show began. But once they have this season finished I'll buy it on iTunes like I did the other two seasons, so… oh well. So long as this isn't the end of the Avatar franchise, I'll be just peachy.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as I can still watch the show its all good. What's up with all these good shows getting cancelled?

They don't make enough money selling toys.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@norrinboltagonprime21: I wasn't aware that there was even a toy line for this show.

They don't make toys which is kinda the point. Take Transformers Prime for example, I don't think it got as many views as Legend of Korra is but it makes a crap load of money selling toys. Nickelodeon just wants to make more money where they can and they would probably want a lesser quality show on during that time that can get just as many views and sell a lot of merchandise.

Also, its probably not as easy to market to little kids because the protagonist of the show is a female and they may be worried little boys(the target audience for toys) may not buy the toys.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as we can get the rest of Book Three and hopefully Book Four, whether it be on Nick, on a completely new channel, or even through the internet, I'll be happy.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as we can get the rest of Book Three and hopefully Book Four, whether it be on Nick, on a completely new channel, or even through the internet, I'll be happy.

Agreed. But by God this is an utterly stupid, half baked move on Nick's part. This is the best season of TLoK ever and Nickelodeon are cutting episodes out. What idiots run the company who made that ridiculous decision in the first place? There's only one suitable response to this IMO

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was just posted to the KorraNation Tumblr.

Hey Korra Nation! Phew. Some of you may have heard versions of this news elsewhere, but here’s the official word. After this Friday’s on-air premiere of Episode 8 “The Terror Within” at 8/7c, all remaining Book 3 episodes will move to a digital rollout. That means two things: 1) Korra is NOT cancelled, 2) the remaining episodes will roll out weekly on Nick.com and the Nick app beginning August 1, as well as on platforms like Amazon, Google Play, Xbox and Hulu.

Thousands of you have been asking to watch this incredible show online, so hopefully this news works in your favor. Mike and Bryan created a breath-taking season for us all…so get ready to watch it all go down!!!

Thanks for being the BEST fans in the industry and see you at Comic-Con.

So it looks like they are attempting to monotize episodes quicker while still giving it away for free, guess that's a way for international viewers to watch it not on Nick.com even though a good an easy VPN is easy.

Am I just cynical or dose anyone else find multiple '!' disengenous excite?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mrmazz said:

Hey Korra Nation! Phew. Some of you may have heard versions of this news elsewhere, but here’s the official word. After this Friday’s on-air premiere of Episode 8 “The Terror Within” at 8/7c, all remaining Book 3 episodes will move to a digital rollout. That means two things: 1) Korra is NOT cancelled, 2) the remaining episodes will roll out weekly on Nick.com and the Nick app beginning August 1, as well as on platforms like Amazon, Google Play, Xbox and Hulu.

Thousands of you have been asking to watch this incredible show online, so hopefully this news works in your favor. Mike and Bryan created a breath-taking season for us all…so get ready to watch it all go down!!!

So it looks like they are attempting to monotize episodes quicker while still giving it away for free, guess that's a way for international viewers to watch it not on Nick.com even though a good an easy VPN is easy.

so it may not be cancelled now but if it's not going to be on TV then it's going to get cancelled in the future

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1989  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Literally one of the best cartoons ever produced and they are doing this. Goes to show how money is more important than quality programming.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: It was never cancelled Nick has already ordere and is more than halfway through producing the fourth and final ordered season. At this point they're looking to find the best return on invesement since airing it on Nick is not best for buisness.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1991 Lunacyde  Moderator

Totally unrelated....is it too much to ask for ONE blond character so I can actually cosplay an Avatar character with my naturally blond locks ? lol

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@war_killer said:

Agreed. But by God this is an utterly stupid, half baked move on Nick's part. This is the best season of TLoK ever and Nickelodeon are cutting episodes out. What idiots run the company who made that ridiculous decision in the first place? There's only one suitable response to this IMO

Probably the same people who decided they'd rather have Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble over Avengers: EMH, Young Justice, and Spectacular Spider-Man...there's probably some secret council where they sit around making horrible decisions. -___-

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmazz said:

There's still another Book to get through though. If they've rushed Book 3 only to turn it onto digital, I don't want to imagine what they'll do to Book 4 -_______-

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

@lvenger said:

@war_killer said:

Probably the same people who decided they'd rather have Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble over Avengers: EMH, Young Justice, and Spectacular Spider-Man...there's probably some secret council where they sit around making horrible decisions. -___-

Loading Video...

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So what sites will the rest of TLOK be aired on?

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1996 Feral Nova  Moderator

I haven't watched tonight's episode yet, but is it just me or is season 3 the best season so far?

oh and anyone who did see tonight's episode, I don't want complete spoilers but... DID TOPH MAKE AN APPEARANCE!?

Avatar image for ssjdarthplagueis
SSJDarthPlagueis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the new season so far.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feral_nova: It really has felt like the best season yet. I think a lot of it has to due to the book feeling much more like ATLA. So many things have happened, so many new characters have been introduced, and we've see so many new locations...and the season isn't even half-way over yet. It's just epic.

As for Toph, she did not make an appearance in tonight's episode.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1999 Feral Nova  Moderator

@war_killer: Yes! Just so much more has happened other than that stupid love triangle -_- I was getting ready to give up the series after how disappointing I was in season 2. Glad I didn't though lol.

DANG IT! T_T I REALLY WANTED TO SEE TOPH! I originally thought she had passed away like some of the others. I mean... we've seen Katara and Zuko, WHY CAN'T WE SEE TOPH!? T_T and if Zuko is alive does this mean Mai is alive!? AND IF MAI IS ALIVE DOES THAT MEAN TY LEE IS ALIVE!?

I'm starting to get my hopes up a little too much of seeing old ATLA characters >_>

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok amd I hunting up another Asami tree or is anyone else suspecious of Suyin. She's helping Team Avatar into cleaning up her mess and doing her bidding. Everyone character that has done that has turned out to be evil or shown to be in some way classically villain. Than again Everyone has their reasons.

Cheap Plug to longer thougths on the episode

Also here's Bryke talking about the switch to digital. Sounds like it was planned slapdash by their account I really wana see the numbers.

Loading Video...