#151 Posted by Sissel (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like this theory which doesn't seem to contradict anything we have seen right now.

“MICHAEL DIMARTINO: Book 1 was always going to be 12 episodes. When we started writing, we didn’t know if we would do more beyond that. Unlike the original series which had a three season arc, we designed “Korra” so that each season had it’s own villain and clear resolution, so they are more stand-alone seasons. Although there are definitely arcs that carry over from Book 1 to Book 2.”

And I would like to emphasize this.

Unlike the original series which had a three season arc, we designed “Korra” so that each season had it’s own villain and clear resolution, so they are more stand-alone seasons. Although there are definitely arcs that carry over from Book 1 to Book 2.

The speculation with some of my own:

There could be two main villains in the whole series. Book 1 is Amon while Book 2 is someone we don't know yet.

1. Does this mean Amon will die or change his role in the end of Book 1?
  2. What will be the elements that will carry over from Book 1 to 2?
  3. Does the equalist movement will end there and the oppresion will continue or end?

Just like TLA, each book did have its central villain.

• Book 1 = Zhao and Zuko
  • Book 2 = Azula
  • Book 3 = Ozai
  1. While Amon might not be the central villain in the following season, he might be a minor villain or even a redeemed character.
  2. The elements that will be carry over still talks about the equality of benders and non-benders with a mix of political agendas in the Republic City. However, I think that this book will be seen in the eyes of the extremist pro-benders which I'm suspecting Tarlokk, one of the counsel men of Republic City, is leading and can be connected to the politics I'm talking about.
  3. It will still continue until Korra find a solution to satisfy both parties in the end of the series.

Kinda far fetch ones.

• Amon will be redeemed and might help Korra in the end.
  • Book 2 will be named Water. I think it goes to cycle of Earth, Fire, Air, Water like the seasons Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. Each book name doesn't necessarily mean that the Avatar has to learn what is the name of the book but instead what is the element greatly used in it or something that symbolize the theme of the book. Also, it coincide to my theory that Tarlokk, a waterbender, might be the book 2 villain.
  • Asami Sato, rumored to be in Team Avatar, will be an equalist or at least learn the way of chi blocking. It is stated that she learn the best self defense training money can buy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/legend+of+korra+speculations+theories

---

I'll think of more later.

#152 Posted by mikethekiller (8373 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde said:

@mikethekiller said:

Is it just me or do benders seem kinda weak now?

Seems more like non-benders are becoming stronger, but that's just me

Maybe a combination of the two.

#153 Posted by OblivionKnight (3356 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikethekiller said:

Is it just me or do benders seem kinda weak now?

Non-benders are being shown more prominently as the main villain of the season is a non-bender. However, we have seen that non-benders are dangerous(Mai and Tai Lee) and benders themselves are dangerous even without their bending(Azula and Zuko.) Not to mention, Korra has only come across weak "gangsters." I'm sure the developers created probending so as to allow us to see bender-vs-bender fighting while we watched as non-benders became more prominent fighters.

#154 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio
#155 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer: Depends if his inner turmoil is finished. And I find it hard to accept because these are moves that most benders would struggle with. They're also techniques I wouldn't expect for everyone to be learning. Logically would it make sense to go around teaching people Lightning and Metalbending?

Pretty sure he had dealt with his inner turmoil, that was one of the main reasons he joined Team Avatar because he realized that's where he belonged. First off, and this is something I've already stated, Metal Bending is being used by just anyone, only by the police and most likely just the Republic City police from what I could tell. Lightning Bending on the other hand, like shown in episode three, is being used to power the city like human batteries, showing that people are learning it not for just violent reasons but for realistic and daily purposes, which logically would make sense. It's like in Pokemon how, besides fighting, Pokemon use their abilities to power things like factories and homes.

Still, doesn't mean they couldn't use the lightning for other things.

That could be said about any form of bending...

Your point?

My point is that any bender, no matter how skilled or in what form, could use their abilities for "other things" as you put it, Lightning Bending included. It's a form of Fire Bending, and like all other forms of bending, could either be used responsibly or irresponsibly. But even so, that doesn't mean more benders shouldn't be taught how to use the technique, especially if it can be used to help in their daily lives. Same can be said about Metal and Blood Bending as well.

Not moves like that that can kill somebody in one shot.

What makes you think you can't kill someone in one shot with Water, Earth, Fire, or Air Bending? Any form of bending can kill a person in one shot, it's up to the bender and how responsible they are that makes the difference. So I really don't understand what you're trying to prove by saying lightning is anymore dangerous then let's say Air or Water Bending; in the right hands and with the right training, any bender could be dangerous.

We're talking about specialized techniques but okay. Most of the Bending Arts alone won't kill someone in one shot. If that was possible we would've seen the War probably ending a long time ago. Lightning is more dangerous than Air & Waterbending, as proven in the series. Lightning took Aang out of the avatar state. Lightning has been stated to be one shot, one kill. Air and Water I can't say the same. @Lunacyde said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Lunacyde said:
Like others have said 70 years is a big deal. Look at it this way. 70 years ago massive corporations and the government were the only people who had computers. Now just about anyone in the world can walk around with one that fits in their coat pocket. Once someone invents something, and the knowledge is open to others it will catch on. The reason stuff like lightening bending was only for the very elite is because the ordinary people didn't have anyone to teach it to them. However i feel with Aang in charge he would have have really tried to help spread this knowledge to help everyone.
Actually, if the knowledge is made known and people begin to teach their kids, and their kids teach their kids, and so on, after 70 years of passing the information on, it's not that hard to believe that people could do these things. And like you mentioned, lightning bending was something that only elite Fire Benders, I would guess only the royal Fire Nation family, knew and were trained in how to preform, yet with Zuko as the new Fire Lord it's possible he didn't want to keep information for just the elite and prestige, plus it was actually fit his character seeing as he WAS of such social class and yet was treated like utter crap. But even with Metal Bending, it appears that not just anyone can use that method of bending except the police (and possible only the police force of Republic City).

@The Stegman said:
Amon could be one of Jet's followers, or more likely a descendant of the Freedom Fighters
I really believe this is a possible answer, plus I liked the idea of Amon being the son of Smellerbee and Longshot that someone posted earlier.

But Zuko couldn't have taught it since he didn't know Lightning.

Not really true. He knew how to do, he just couldn't do it successfully because of his inner turmoil. He still knew how to do it and very likely could teach others who weren't struggling from inner conflict. Moreover since his conflict was resolved it's highly likely he could have been able to generate lightning after the finale.

I don't think Zuko would go around teaching lightning to everyone, Even Iroh waited a while before he taught Zuko the technique. It's a good chance also that after learning redirection, Zuko saw no point in using lightning.@jrock85 said:

@OblivionKnight said:

@jrock85 said:

So all or most fire benders can bend lightning now? Lame.

Not necessarily. We saw about 5 people(counting Mako) working in a factory to power it. The pay was good, so it must not have been too popular a job, meaning lightning bending isn't as popular as we think. Zolt is a crime lord, I'd expect him to know more than the average bender. Also, we must take into consideration that the Royal Family were the only ones we saw using lightning. This is likely because they were the only ones who had the actual training and knowledge. I'm sure once the fire nation came under Zuko's rule, the technique was spread around much more. So, I believe it's fair to say all it takes is knowledge and a "lack of inner turmoil."

Fair enough. But I prefer lightning bending to be a technique that only a select few fire benders are able to perform.

Agred @Sissel said:

I really like this theory which doesn't seem to contradict anything we have seen right now.

“MICHAEL DIMARTINO: Book 1 was always going to be 12 episodes. When we started writing, we didn’t know if we would do more beyond that. Unlike the original series which had a three season arc, we designed “Korra” so that each season had it’s own villain and clear resolution, so they are more stand-alone seasons. Although there are definitely arcs that carry over from Book 1 to Book 2.”

And I would like to emphasize this.

Unlike the original series which had a three season arc, we designed “Korra” so that each season had it’s own villain and clear resolution, so they are more stand-alone seasons. Although there are definitely arcs that carry over from Book 1 to Book 2.

The speculation with some of my own:

There could be two main villains in the whole series. Book 1 is Amon while Book 2 is someone we don't know yet.

1. Does this mean Amon will die or change his role in the end of Book 1?
  2. What will be the elements that will carry over from Book 1 to 2?
  3. Does the equalist movement will end there and the oppresion will continue or end?

Just like TLA, each book did have its central villain.

• Book 1 = Zhao and Zuko
  • Book 2 = Azula
  • Book 3 = Ozai
  1. While Amon might not be the central villain in the following season, he might be a minor villain or even a redeemed character.
  2. The elements that will be carry over still talks about the equality of benders and non-benders with a mix of political agendas in the Republic City. However, I think that this book will be seen in the eyes of the extremist pro-benders which I'm suspecting Tarlokk, one of the counsel men of Republic City, is leading and can be connected to the politics I'm talking about.
  3. It will still continue until Korra find a solution to satisfy both parties in the end of the series.

Kinda far fetch ones.

• Amon will be redeemed and might help Korra in the end.
  • Book 2 will be named Water. I think it goes to cycle of Earth, Fire, Air, Water like the seasons Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. Each book name doesn't necessarily mean that the Avatar has to learn what is the name of the book but instead what is the element greatly used in it or something that symbolize the theme of the book. Also, it coincide to my theory that Tarlokk, a waterbender, might be the book 2 villain.
  • Asami Sato, rumored to be in Team Avatar, will be an equalist or at least learn the way of chi blocking. It is stated that she learn the best self defense training money can buy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/legend+of+korra+speculations+theories

---

I'll think of more later.

No, Amon will probably be the villain for the whole series as Ozai was the villain for the whole series of ATLA

Ozai & Azula were the main villains for ATLA but there was side villains each season such as Book 1: Zhao, Book 2: Long Feng, and Book 3: Combustion Man.

#156 Posted by Sissel (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: How could Azula be the main villain in Book 1 if she haven't appeared in it?

Also, I still wouldn't rule out the possibility of a pro-bending extremist. If you have seen in Republic City, the benders are the ones to be in higher political status. This could mean that corruption of an official is a big possibility.

#157 Posted by Stefano (346 posts) - - Show Bio

i also think they look weak! on the last airbender the cast was younger and they seemed more powerful.. korra is 17 and she still cant do everything aang did when he was 12 like bending all elements and energy bend. also i'm also assuming she did not master the avatar state and doesnt know how to connect to the spirit world

#158 Posted by Stefano (346 posts) - - Show Bio

i really like the noir style that we see when mako and korra try to find bolin

#159 Edited by War Killer (20111 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer: Depends if his inner turmoil is finished. And I find it hard to accept because these are moves that most benders would struggle with. They're also techniques I wouldn't expect for everyone to be learning. Logically would it make sense to go around teaching people Lightning and Metalbending?

Pretty sure he had dealt with his inner turmoil, that was one of the main reasons he joined Team Avatar because he realized that's where he belonged. First off, and this is something I've already stated, Metal Bending is being used by just anyone, only by the police and most likely just the Republic City police from what I could tell. Lightning Bending on the other hand, like shown in episode three, is being used to power the city like human batteries, showing that people are learning it not for just violent reasons but for realistic and daily purposes, which logically would make sense. It's like in Pokemon how, besides fighting, Pokemon use their abilities to power things like factories and homes.

Your point?

My point is that any bender, no matter how skilled or in what form, could use their abilities for "other things" as you put it, Lightning Bending included. It's a form of Fire Bending, and like all other forms of bending, could either be used responsibly or irresponsibly. But even so, that doesn't mean more benders shouldn't be taught how to use the technique, especially if it can be used to help in their daily lives. Same can be said about Metal and Blood Bending as well.

What makes you think you can't kill someone in one shot with Water, Earth, Fire, or Air Bending? Any form of bending can kill a person in one shot, it's up to the bender and how responsible they are that makes the difference. So I really don't understand what you're trying to prove by saying lightning is anymore dangerous then let's say Air or Water Bending; in the right hands and with the right training, any bender could be dangerous.

We're talking about specialized techniques but okay. Most of the Bending Arts alone won't kill someone in one shot. If that was possible we would've seen the War probably ending a long time ago. Lightning is more dangerous than Air & Waterbending, as proven in the series. Lightning took Aang out of the avatar state. Lightning has been stated to be one shot, one kill. Air and Water I can't say the same.

What possible evidence do you have to support that other forms of bending such as Air and Water can't kill someone in one shot? If I remember correctly, when Zuko and Katara went after the man who killed her mother she could have killed him with one shot but decided not to. There's nothing that can support your claim that Lightning is the only form of bending that is a one shot kill. Lightning may be more dangerous, but that doesn't mean the other elements aren't dangerous either, especially when preformed by a trained bender.
#160 Posted by OblivionKnight (3356 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil:

Water: Ice spikes, drowning, freezing. Yep, water can kill pretty easily. But, if you want to get extremely technical, then ice is the best way to one shot.

Earth: Drop a boulder on them.

Air: Unknown.

#161 Posted by Sissel (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@OblivionKnight said:

@Jnr6Lil:

Water: Ice spikes, drowning, freezing. Yep, water can kill pretty easily. But, if you want to get extremely technical, then ice is the best way to one shot.

Air Cutter?

#162 Edited by Lunacyde (18470 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stefano said:

i also think they look weak! on the last airbender the cast was younger and they seemed more powerful.. korra is 17 and she still cant do everything aang did when he was 12 like bending all elements and energy bend. also i'm also assuming she did not master the avatar state and doesnt know how to connect to the spirit world

You're comparing someone at the beginning of her series to someone in the finale of his series. of course Aang is going to be better at the end. if you compare them both in their first episodes I think you'd say Korra is the better bender.

There have been three episodes. People need to wait and be patient before trying to make such comparisons.

#163 Posted by Sissel (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde: I think he is trying to say that in his young age, Aang managed master Air, Water, Earth and proficient enough in Fire. And I agree that this is just the start of the series so of course, this is going to be a lot different.

#164 Posted by Lunacyde (18470 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sissel said:

@Lunacyde: I think he is trying to say that in his young age, Aang managed master Air, Water, Earth and proficient enough in Fire. And I agree that this is just the start of the series so of course, this is going to be a lot different.

It's just what serves the purpose of the story. Aang had to master them all in a year. Korra didn't have to, but she has still mastered 3 of them by age 17. Also she was bending 3 elements with no help at the age of four.

I just think we should be patiet and see what developes before making such claims.

#165 Posted by Acer. (1765 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sissel: To be fair Aang was quickly given the task of stopping an evil fire lord and an entire nation from destroying and taking over the rest of the world. He had to master everything incredibly fast. Korra didn't have such a hard task thrust upon her and even then she has mastered 3 of the elements pretty quickly.
#166 Posted by Sissel (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@Acer.: That's the point of the series so of course, Aang did NEED to learn the basic 4 elements.

However, Korra's task is much harder because it is harder to bent people's mentality of being equalists and what-not. That's what makes this series stand out, it have a more mature theme to it than the previous series.

#167 Posted by The Stegman (23816 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sissel:  

@Acer.: That's the point of the series so of course, Aang did NEED to learn the basic 4 elements.

However, Korra's task is much harder because it is harder to bent people's mentality of being equalists and what-not. That's what makes this series stand out, it have a more mature theme to it than the previous series.

I wouldn't say Korra the series is more mature, Avatar was pretty dark, Aang was basically fighting an entire nation that commited a genocide against his people (and was trying to do it again with the earth and water benders) in order to liberate the world from its tyranny, many people even make the comparison that the Fire Nation in a way mirrored Nazi Germany during WWII. Sure ATLA had some comedic moments but the show got pretty dark at times.
#168 Posted by Sissel (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Sissel:

I wouldn't say Korra the series is more mature, Avatar was pretty dark, Aang was basically fighting an entire nation that commited a genocide against his people (and was trying to do it again with the earth and water benders) in order to liberate the world from its tyranny, many people even make the comparison that the Fire Nation in a way mirrored Nazi Germany during WWII. Sure ATLA had some comedic moments but the show got pretty dark at times.

While the last series is darker compared to anything we have seen from Korra, this series is picking up more on mature and philosophical topics such as politics, equality, and things that happened in the past. (e.g. African slavery, Jews oppression)

#169 Posted by Stefano (346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde:i know she'll probably become more powerful then aang was but only because she’s older. Korra is more powerful then aang was in the beginning of the last airbender, but even if he only mastered everything (4 elements, avatar state, energy bending) by the end of the series aang was just 12 years old. Proportionally she is much weaker since she’s 5 years older and is unable to do my things he could even though she has had more time to practice.

#170 Posted by Stefano (346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde: I was just comparing the powers, I agree with u that it makes more sense korra to start of weaker and get more powerful

#171 Posted by Lunacyde (18470 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Sissel:

I wouldn't say Korra the series is more mature, Avatar was pretty dark, Aang was basically fighting an entire nation that commited a genocide against his people (and was trying to do it again with the earth and water benders) in order to liberate the world from its tyranny, many people even make the comparison that the Fire Nation in a way mirrored Nazi Germany during WWII. Sure ATLA had some comedic moments but the show got pretty dark at times.

To me from what I've seen and what I've read from the creators one of the big differences I think will be that there won't be any (or as many) of those light-hearted filler episodes that lightened the mood in between the serious plot points in the original. Honestly I think both series deal with some deep and profound issues and both have their dark moments. To me it does seem like there will be a little more complexity and grey area to LoK. But like I've said before it's a little early to make too many judgments about the new series.

Also I'd say Imperial Japan is a better comparison for the Fire nation than Nazi Germany, but both work.

#172 Posted by Lunacyde (18470 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stefano said:

@Lunacyde:i know she'll probably become more powerful then aang was but only because she’s older. Korra is more powerful then aang was in the beginning of the last airbender, but even if he only mastered everything (4 elements, avatar state, energy bending) by the end of the series aang was just 12 years old. Proportionally she is much weaker since she’s 5 years older and is unable to do my things he could even though she has had more time to practice.

I don't know. It's not about who is more powerful. Both characters have a journey they have to complete and things they must learn along the way. It's about the journey not the destination.

#173 Posted by Stefano (346 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde: what i really liked about the show is that they kept many of the things we loved about the 1st one but still made it knew. i think this one will be better. i agree, i wasnt saying that this one is worst because people are weaker it was just a observation.

#174 Posted by Lunacyde (18470 posts) - - Show Bio

@Stefano said:

@Lunacyde: what i really liked about the show is that they kept many of the things we loved about the 1st one but still made it knew. i think this one will be better. i agree, i wasnt saying that this one is worst because people are weaker it was just a observation.

I don't think either one will be "better". I loved the old series to death and I think I'm going to love this one just as much. I really don't see the point in arguing over which one is "better" especially this early on ( we've only seen three episodes.) What i hope people keep in mind is that yes they are connected a lot, but these two series are different and have their own special charm. We shouldn't be fighting over which is better, but just enjoying them both for what they are.

That being said i have noticed the improved animation, not that the old one wasn't great.

#175 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Sissel:

Add that to the fact the guy is 12 years old, has no knowledge of the world, no one to teach him Firebending, a corrupt Earth Kingdom Government, and a prince hunting him. Aang has work. Add that to the fact that when you break down the ideaologies of the characters such as the Sozin-Roku relationship, and how everyone on the Royal Family came to be who they are because of things that happened in their life and the place they were born (younger/older sibling), you get a series with historical allusions and dark.@Sissel said:

@OblivionKnight said:

@Jnr6Lil:

Air Cutter?

Drowning? You can only do if large body of water....ice spikes...can be easily dodged...freezing...again need water

Earth: Need boulder, also can be dodged.

Lightning on the other hand is not only one kill shot but easily accessible, and can't be deflected if you don't know redirection.

#176 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil: How could Azula be the main villain in Book 1 if she haven't appeared in it?

Also, I still wouldn't rule out the possibility of a pro-bending extremist. If you have seen in Republic City, the benders are the ones to be in higher political status. This could mean that corruption of an official is a big possibility.

Said Azula was the secondary main villain for ATLA....

Pro-Bending Extremist, That's basically what ATLA was.@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil: What makes you think the kid can be like Bumi who become strong enough to live in his hundreds? And I think Bumi himself doesn't have a high status in society when when he was a kid.

And I agree that every bending in itself is dangerous. It is on the holder of the power who takes responsibility.

The kid could've never learned earthbending also. The kid probably won't be alive. He was just a filler character, that's all. Don't get ahead of yourself thinking he had some big contribution to the series.@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Your point?

We're talking about specialized techniques but okay. Most of the Bending Arts alone won't kill someone in one shot. If that was possible we would've seen the War probably ending a long time ago. Lightning is more dangerous than Air & Waterbending, as proven in the series. Lightning took Aang out of the avatar state. Lightning has been stated to be one shot, one kill. Air and Water I can't say the same.

What possible evidence do you have to support that other forms of bending such as Air and Water can't kill someone in one shot? If I remember correctly, when Zuko and Katara went after the man who killed her mother she could have killed him with one shot but decided not to. There's nothing that can support your claim that Lightning is the only form of bending that is a one shot kill. Lightning may be more dangerous, but that doesn't mean the other elements aren't dangerous either, especially when preformed by a trained bender.

Remember that guy was ambushed, and probably was too afraid to fight back. Not to mention he was old and his skills were diminished against a prime Katara.

Lightning is a one kill shot. It would've killed Aang if Azula aimed differently. It hurt him enough to put him in a coma. And it almost killed Zuko.

#177 Posted by War Killer (20111 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Your point?

Remember that guy was ambushed, and probably was too afraid to fight back. Not to mention he was old and his skills were diminished against a prime Katara.

Lightning is a one kill shot. It would've killed Aang if Azula aimed differently. It hurt him enough to put him in a coma. And it almost killed Zuko.

How does that change whether it was a one-shot kill or not? And actually, just before they ambushed him he obviously showed he could still defend himself when he set the bush on fire where he thought they were hiding. But either way, defenseless or not, bottom line is Katara would have one-shot killed him with her Water/Ice Bending, which means that Lightning isn't the only element that is a one-shot kill.

I never said it wasn't, I'm simply saying that the other elements could also be one-shot kills when in the hands of a trained bender.
#178 Posted by Sissel (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@OblivionKnight said:

@Jnr6Lil:

Air Cutter?

Drowning? You can only do if large body of water....ice spikes...can be easily dodged...freezing...again need water

Lightning on the other hand is not only one kill shot but easily accessible, and can't be deflected if you don't know redirection.

You can actually bend water to put in their noses, thus drowning the person. Or you can just gather enough water to cover one's whole head or body.

Earth can be used to spike a person from below without him noticing. A boulder can be thrown at bullet speed depending on the bender's strength.

Lightning can like you said can kill you. Like I said, all elements are deadly on their own.

However, Fire and Lightning main point is with its destructive property.

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sissel said:

Pro-Bending Extremist, That's basically what ATLA was.

And so? And this pro-bending extremist is very different from ATLA. The story in ATLA is more like World War II than LOK's Cold War.

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil: What makes you think the kid can be like Bumi who become strong enough to live in his hundreds? And I think Bumi himself doesn't have a high status in society when when he was a kid.

And I agree that every bending in itself is dangerous. It is on the holder of the power who takes responsibility.

The kid could've never learned earthbending also. The kid probably won't be alive. He was just a filler character, that's all. Don't get ahead of yourself thinking he had some big contribution to the series.

How is Earthbending relevant in someone living an old age? And the mentality that he is just a filler character is what makes most writers in their novels. You can't simply erased him off when the characters like Bumi, Avatar Kyoshi, Katara, and Zuko lived in their hundreds.

#179 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@OblivionKnight said:

@Jnr6Lil:

Air Cutter?

You can actually bend water to put in their noses, thus drowning the person. Or you can just gather enough water to cover one's whole head or body.

Earth can be used to spike a person from below without him noticing. A boulder can be thrown at bullet speed depending on the bender's strength.

Lightning can like you said can kill you. Like I said, all elements are deadly on their own.

However, Fire and Lightning main point is with its destructive property.

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sissel said:

Pro-Bending Extremist, That's basically what ATLA was.

And so? And this pro-bending extremist is very different from ATLA. The story in ATLA is more like World War II than LOK's Cold War.

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sissel said:

The kid could've never learned earthbending also. The kid probably won't be alive. He was just a filler character, that's all. Don't get ahead of yourself thinking he had some big contribution to the series.

How is Earthbending relevant in someone living an old age? And the mentality that he is just a filler character is what makes most writers in their novels. You can't simply erased him off when the characters like Bumi, Avatar Kyoshi, Katara, and Zuko lived in their hundreds.

But a person can sneeze out the water, and what if there isn't a large water source.

If there's earth, to be able to spike with. And even at bullet speed, the boulder's size could be dodged.

I still think Lightning is the most deadly.

No, as in pro-bending extremist=Fire Nation. These are anti-bending extremists.

It takes physical fitness to Earthbend.

And yes he was a filler character. Bumi, Kyoshi, Katara, Zuko, all important characters. Avatar Fans try to make the most out of something that's little and was nothing much to begin with. Accept the fact he was a filler character for 1 episode made to show the division between the Earth Kingdom and the Fire Nation. That's all. He's no different than the Cabbage Merchant. <- Though he could be Amon's dad since Amon said his dad was a farmer.

#180 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Your point?

How does that change whether it was a one-shot kill or not? And actually, just before they ambushed him he obviously showed he could still defend himself when he set the bush on fire where he thought they were hiding. But either way, defenseless or not, bottom line is Katara would have one-shot killed him with her Water/Ice Bending, which means that Lightning isn't the only element that is a one-shot kill. I never said it wasn't, I'm simply saying that the other elements could also be one-shot kills when in the hands of a trained bender.

Meaning it wouldn't have been a one shot kill if defended. He set the bush on fire but it doesn't mean he could defend himself. He was still afraid, and was old with diminished skills. I will still go with Lightning being a one shot kill.

#181 Edited by Sissel (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil:

You can't sneeze it if the water is being put in your nose like a river.

For an average bender, bullet speed attack can be easily used to kill them.

Fire Nation doesn't care about other nations which is the main difference from the pro-bending extremist. They, the pro-benders, only want to uplift their status even more in society.

And so? Does that mean Katara suddenly learn Earthbending to lived an old age?

Cabbage Merchant's son and the kid is basically the same in terms in their history. But the kid story coincides with Amon's statement. His family is attacked by Fire benders and his father is a farmer. Both are true for the kid.

#182 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil:

Fire Nation doesn't care about other nations which is the main difference from the pro-bending extremist. They, the pro-benders, only want to uplift their status even more in society.

Cabbage Merchant's son and the kid is basically the same in terms in their history. But the kid story coincides with Amon's statement. His family is attacked by Fire benders and his father is a farmer. Both are true for the kid.

That's if someone has enough water on them and yeah they can still use a tissue or something to get it out. I don't see that idea working. You would have to get in close range, and even then no one's going to sit there and let you put water in their nose.

Sure but the size of the boulder determines speed

Amon isn't a pro-bending extremist....he's an anti-bending extremist.

Her skill in waterbending helped her live longer also. Benders probably live longer then non-benders.

So yes he could be the Cabbage Merchant's son.

#183 Posted by Sissel (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil:

That's if someone has enough water on them and yeah they can still use a tissue or something to get it out. I don't see that idea working. You would have to get in close range, and even then no one's going to sit there and let you put water in their nose.

Her skill in waterbending helped her live longer also. Benders probably live longer then non-benders.

I didn't talk about Amon. I am talking about Tarlokk, which in leaked episode 4 shows that he has a taste for power as Tenzin points out.

Huh? Bending makes you live longer? Source?

The same as the kid.

#184 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil:

I didn't talk about Amon. I am talking about Tarlokk, which in leaked episode 4 shows that he has a taste for power as Tenzin points out.

The same as the kid.

I don't even know what kid you're talking about but if you're talking about the kid in Zuko Alone you're dead wrong because tht kid was harassed by Earth not firebenders. And the kid is Amon,

It takes physical skill to bend which would make you live longer

#185 Edited by Sissel (1988 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil:

The same as the kid.

I don't even know what kid you're talking about but if you're talking about the kid in Zuko Alone you're dead wrong because tht kid was harassed by Earth not firebenders. And the kid is Amon,

It takes physical skill to bend which would make you live longer

Looking back at it now... I'm an idiot.

#186 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sissel: How?

#187 Posted by Lunacyde (18470 posts) - - Show Bio

It does actually make a lot of sense that some water benders MAY be able to live longer given their healing abilities.

#188 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it, but I'm going to most likely cry when Bolin gets friendzoned:(

#189 Posted by Lunacyde (18470 posts) - - Show Bio
@RogueOracle said:

I love it, but I'm going to most likely cry when Bolin gets friendzoned:(

He'll find his true counterpart I'm sure.
#190 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde: Maybe he can have Asami. But my heart is so torn!!! I want Makorra and Borra. But I think I'm leaning towards Borra most likely because Bolin is amazing and sweet but Makorra is most likely inevitable because Mako is a fox. I want both.

#191 Posted by Lunacyde (18470 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't know why buy Bolin/Korra just doesn't feel right. 

I'm interested to see what exactly happens with Mako/Asami. 

I still think Sokka/Suki will forever by my favorite Avatar relationship.

#192 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde said:

I could see it happening, but not anytime soon. Bolin seems to already have a wee bit of a crush on her.

I'm interested to see what exactly happens with Mako/Asami. I still think Sokka/Suki will forever by my favorite Avatar relationship.

I'm pretty damn excited for Masami, seems like such a badass couple, I think they'll be tied for my second favorite couple with Zuko and Mai.

#193 Posted by Lunacyde (18470 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps said:

@Lunacyde said:

I could see it happening, but not anytime soon. Bolin seems to already have a wee bit of a crush on her.

I'm interested to see what exactly happens with Mako/Asami. I still think Sokka/Suki will forever by my favorite Avatar relationship.

I'm pretty damn excited for Masami, seems like such a badass couple, I think they'll be tied for my second favorite couple with Zuko and Mai.

I really like Mako/Asami, here's wondering how it will play out with Korra lol. I'm interested to find out more about Asami. 

Note: Mako is a gold digger .
#194 Edited by Lunacyde (18470 posts) - - Show Bio

Also am I the only one who thinks SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.

#195 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde: Haha, maybe Kora's jealousy will trigger her avatar state. :o I know about Mako, so maybe that's why they'll be perfect for each other. xD Have you been lucky enough to not have the 4th episode spoiled for you?

#196 Posted by Lunacyde (18470 posts) - - Show Bio
@ragdollpurps:  Is there something I don't know? lol 

Or are you saying I should have put a spoiler alert?
#197 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde: The spoiler doesn't work. :/ But I'll just say that you could be on to something with your theories about Mako. xD

#198 Posted by Lunacyde (18470 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I don't know if it's me or Comicvine but I totally messed that up lol. 

Good to know I'm on the right track though.

#199 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lunacyde said:

It does actually make a lot of sense that some water benders MAY be able to live longer given their healing abilities.

Benders in general I expect to live longer because they physical ability, bending needs. That's why things like Bloodbending can only be done with a full moon.

@ragdollpurps: Korra doesn't have the spirtuality for the Avatar State, And I don't think she loves Mako.@Lunacyde said:

@ragdollpurps said:

@Lunacyde said:

I really like Mako/Asami, here's wondering how it will play out with Korra lol. I'm interested to find out more about Asami. Note: Mako is a gold digger .

Mako liked Asami before he knew who her dad was.

And it's not like he's dating her for his own greed, even if he was a gold digger. He rejected the scarf she bought him.

#200 Posted by ragdollpurps (15572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: The fact that bloodbending can only be done during the full moon has nothing to do with a bender's physicality, and although you can heal with it, water benders can heal without using bloodbending. Healing is a sub-skill of waterbending. Also, Korra may not love Mako, but she obviously has a crush on him, and I was joking about the avatar state being triggered by jealousy. Also, watch for spoilers.