pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1801  Edited By pooty

@fodigg:

1) Bending spirits didn't seem that impressive. you waved your hands and they turned good.

2) True they were all grating. Maybe because it was her show I expected more of her. The original gang was younger but seemed more mature and grounded.

3) Bolin had that one shining point which wasn't that important. Even if the gang did get back together it was still Korra vs the bad guy. The gang didn't help defeat him.

4) that was not a joke. I didn't put lol or haha. replace holocaust with "hell" if you like

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The title of Book 3 is going to be Change.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#1803  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

3 Major things I took away from this season's final (Spoilers Below!):

1.) Korra has decided that the Avatar will no longer be the bridge between the human and spirit world, but instead that humans will simply have to learn to live with spirits in peace.

--- Personally I'm curious on if this will cause more problems than good and if Korra fully understands what she has done. I mean the whole point of Wan closing the Spirit Portal was because people lived in fear of spirits, forced to live on the backs of Lion Turtles for protection. So how people react to this and choose to deal with spirits now, especially after being separate from them for 10,000 years, will be interesting to see unfold.

2.) Korra no longer is connected to her past Avatar lives and basically has reset the Avatar Cycle starting with herself.

--- Though Korra seemed sure she was no longer connected to her past lives, I'm not 100% convinced. At the end of Book 2 of ATLA Aang too found his connection to his past lives severed, but he was eventually able to reconnect to them at the end of Book 3. This may be the same for Korra as she may rediscover her connection to her past lives in future seasons. Either way, it will be interesting to see how Korra handles herself without the aid of her past lives.

3.) Is the Dark Avatar really gone for good?

--- This is something that I felt wasn't explained very well and left the door open for the Dark Avatar to return some day. I say this as it was stated by Raava that she cannot destroy Vaatu just as he cannot destroy her, as light will always have dark. So when Korra said she had "destroyed" Unalaq my first question was, "what happened to Vaatu?" Unalaq apparently did bond with Vaatu, thus created the first Dark Avatar, so I'm curious if this also created a "Dark Avatar Cycle." If this is true it could mean that when Unalaq was destroyed that Vaatu simply reincarnated himself into a new person who will one day return as the new Dark Avatar to finish what Unalaq had begun.

Personally I feel this would bring a new dynamic to the Avatar World, giving the Avatar a yin and yang type of feel with there being a Light Avatar and a Dark Avatar who are destined to fight for the fate of the world forever, representing the battle of good and evil that Raava and Vaatu once fought.

Rouflex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Didnt watch...

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoy legend of korra but this season was kind of a let down.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really getting tired of hearing people complain about the LOK. Korra isn't the last avatar IMO, she fused with Raava again. The avatar cycle still goes & Unalaq had died. What if he comes back with Amon/Noatak from the spirit world and tried to stop Korra from retrieving her past lives now that would be interesting.

1.) Korra has decided that the Avatar will no longer be the bridge between the human and spirit world, but instead that humans will simply have to learn to live with spirits in peace.

--- Personally I'm curious on if this will cause more problems than good and if Korra fully understands what she has done. I mean the whole point of Wan closing the Spirit Portal was because people lived in fear of spirits, forced to live on the backs of Lion Turtles for protection. So how people react to this and choose to deal with spirits now, especially after being separate from them for 10,000 years, will be interesting to see unfold.

2.) Korra no longer is connected to her past Avatar lives and basically has reset the Avatar Cycle starting with herself.

--- Though Korra seemed sure she was no longer connected to her past lives, I'm not 100% convinced. At the end of Book 2 of ATLA Aang too found his connection to his past lives severed, but he was eventually able to reconnect to them at the end of Book 3. This may be the same for Korra as she may rediscover her connection to her past lives in future seasons. Either way, it will be interesting to see how Korra handles herself without the aid of her past lives.

--- This is something that I felt wasn't explained very well and left the door open for the Dark Avatar to return some day. I say this as it was stated by Raava that she cannot destroy Vaatu just as he cannot destroy her, as light will always have dark. So when Korra said she had "destroyed" Unalaq my first question was, "what happened to Vaatu?" Unalaq apparently did bond with Vaatu, thus created the first Dark Avatar, so I'm curious if this also created a "Dark Avatar Cycle." If this is true it could mean that when Unalaq was destroyed that Vaatu simply reincarnated himself into a new person who will one day return as the new Dark Avatar to finish what Unalaq had begun.

Personally I feel this would bring a new dynamic to the Avatar World, giving the Avatar a yin and yang type of feel with there being a Light Avatar and a Dark Avatar who are destined to fight for the fate of the world forever, representing the battle of good and evil that Raava and Vaatu once fought.

Nice theory and hopefully the next Dark Avatar will have all 4 elements to make the fight more intense. Don't get me wrong the Dark Avatar was still dominating with just water. Seeing him/her(if your theory is correct) with the 4 elements will even be more dangerous.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't care for the deus ex machina ending either. When Aang used energy bending to stop Ozai, you could tell that Aang would have beaten him anyway. Aang showed the skill and power to kill Ozai if needed. Energy bending was a way for aang to defeat him without breaking his moral stance. But Korra lost. Korra was not as powerful or skilled as her opponent. If not for Tenzin showing her "the power was always inside you" routine or Tenzin daughter coming from no-where with the deus ex machina, Korra would have lost

BallPointHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1809  Edited By BallPointHero

@xlab3000:

Maybe he didn't use the other 3 elements because Unalaq was only trained in water bending.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000:

Maybe he didn't use the other 3 elements because Unalaq was only trained in water bending.

I know that, that's why I said hopefully the next time if the dark avatar appears again it'll have 4 elements to make the fight more intense and him/her more dangerous.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000 said:

I'm really getting tired of hearing people complain about the LOK. Korra isn't the last avatar IMO, she fused with Raava again. The avatar cycle still goes & Unalaq had died. What if he comes back with Amon/Noatak from the spirit world and tried to stop Korra from retrieving her past lives now that would be interesting.

@war_killer said:

Nice theory and hopefully the next Dark Avatar will have all 4 elements to make the fight more intense. Don't get me wrong the Dark Avatar was still dominating with just water. Seeing him/her(if your theory is correct) with the 4 elements will even be more dangerous.

Even as a single Water Bender Unalaq was still very dangerous. But yeah, I agree, there's a lot of ways they could play around with the idea if they choose to having the Dark Avatar return.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They won't. Unalaq was killed with Vaatu.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1813  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@jnr6lil said:

They won't. Unalaq was killed with Vaatu.

But Raava said she couldn't kill Vaatu just as he couldn't kill her, as light must always have dark and vice versa. This one of the biggest questions as I had with the episode as they never made it clear on exactly what happened to Vaatu in the end.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@war_killer:@jnr6lil: Vaatu will return again. Remember he existed 10,000 times before humans crawled out of the mud. Accroding to the avatar wiki Unalaq died. Remember he was human after all. There are 2 more seasons after this, they'll have the answers.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000 said:

@war_killer:@jnr6lil: Vaatu will return again. Remember he existed 10,000 times before humans crawled out of the mud. Accroding to the avatar wiki Unalaq died. Remember he was human after all. There are 2 more seasons after this, they'll have the answers.

That's what I was getting at. Korra said that Unalaq was destroyed when she purified him of Vaatu, but it was never stated as to what happened to Vaatu. Some might say he was destroyed as well, but that can't be as Raava said neither she or Vaatu could ultimately be destroyed and even if one was defeated they would return eventually due to light always needing darkness and vice versa.

According to the Avatar Wiki, the Dark Avatar Cycle was "broken" as Unalaq was apparently in his "Dark Avatar State" when he was defeated, but I'm honestly not convinced that's the case and believe we could one day see the return of both Vaatu and possibly the Dark Avatar.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000 said:

That's what I was getting at. Korra said that Unalaq was destroyed when she purified him of Vaatu, but it was never stated as to what happened to Vaatu. Some might say he was destroyed as well, but that can't be as Raava said neither she or Vaatu could ultimately be destroyed and even if one was defeated they would return eventually due to light always needing darkness and vice versa.

According to the Avatar Wiki, the Dark Avatar Cycle was "broken" as Unalaq was apparently in his "Dark Avatar State" when he was defeated, but I'm honestly not convinced that's the case and believe we could one day see the return of both Vaatu and possibly the Dark Avatar.

I want to see another Dark Avatar. Would it be cool if they had all of the villains from the 1st series and 2nd series team up together(or fuse) with dark spirits and then go against all of the past avatars for the LOK series finale.

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Thats kinda what I was thinking when at the end of the episode. Also, some humans will definitely not be getting along with the spirits like Wan's friend which can lead to alot of fighting. Spirits may want to go back to their old home 10,000 years ago and find houses there which can lead to conflict. Korra may come to regret this decision.
  2. When Aang was disconnected, it was because he was thought to be dead but they managed to quickly revive him before he was permanently dead. I think thats a little different than what happened to Korra. I do hope they find a way to bring back the avatar spirits because that was one of the most disappointing things about this season.
  3. I'm not sure if their will be a cycle like the regular avatar with the Dark Avatar because Unulaq was only a water bender. The new reincarnation cycle may only be water benders from now on.

Avatar image for supersaiyan_danger
Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made a thread about this a week ago. I'll try to find it,

Avatar image for supersaiyan_danger
Supersaiyan_Danger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't unalaq in the avatar state when he turned into a giant vaatu unalaq (it reminded me of what aang did with the moon spirit) wouldn't that mean he was destroyed while in the dark avatar state thus ending the cycle

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard some news about Book 3 - CHANGE. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SJUwef7IXs

1. It’s going to focus more on earth bending

2. Lin’s family history is going to be explored

3. The main female will be a woman and she will be voiced by the same person that voiced Azula. But she will not be a fire bender

4. The only members of the original Team Avatar actually confiremed dead are Aang and Soka

BallPointHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stefano said:

I heard some news about Book 3 - CHANGE. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SJUwef7IXs

1. It’s going to focus more on earth bending

2. Lin’s family history is going to be explored

3. The main female will be a woman and she will be voiced by the same person that voiced Azula. But she will not be a fire bender

4. The only members of the original Team Avatar actually confiremed dead are Aang and Soka

2. OOOOOH. This question has been nagging me the whole time. JUST WHO IS THE FATHER?!! It's probably going to be some ordinary Joe, but I hope it's not..

4. ...so Granny Toph? :D That'd be interesting. I wonder how she'll act with old age.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1823  Edited By Jokergeist
PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1824  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Bump. Done with a good rewatch of season 1.

"You traitor! I dedicated my life to you!"

Well, the plot was quite gripping, but the bending seemed a little lacking. They seem more focused on physical moves.. Character wise, they were nicely made, plus, the animation was top-notch, action was arguably better. But Aang's setting was... on an entirely different level. But let's give korra a chance. Still have two seasons to go, after all.

But.. if the avatar state is a defense mechanism, I'd have expected it to trigger and beat amon up several times... was the spirit on a break, or what? lol.

swordmasterD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

book 3

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1827 the_stegman  Moderator

Combustion...Woman?!?

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1828  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Looks.. action packed. Can't wait.

@the_stegman said:

Combustion...Woman?!?

sparky sparky bewb!

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks awesome.

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who dafaq is this airbending kid.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This looks interesting.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I heard it wasn't as good as the last airbender.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

When's the season premier?

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1834 Feral Nova  Moderator

I was beginning to wonder if there was gonna be a season three lol

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Nice trailer, lots of interesting teasers here. Did I see Bumi airbending? And why are there more airbenders all of a sudden?

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#1837 Feral Nova  Moderator

Loading Video...

book 3

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!!!

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1838 rogueshadow  Moderator

I really like the fact that they've brought back the power to Avatar. The past two seasons, characters have been severely weakened in comparison to the raw power of ATLA, the Republic City fighting style is more streamlined and fanciful, I want to see Old Zuko and Katara kicking ass with tsunamis and what have you.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rogueshadow: agreed, i was kinda let down the first season when i saw how weak their bending was, but that last battle in the spirit world season 2 made up for it.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zuko <3

Peak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

-

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm disappointed Sokka is dead

They could at least show Suki

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoa was that Combustion Azula?

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1846 Lunacyde  Moderator

Looks promising. I like a lot of what I see.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THIS 3RD SEASON IS THE BOMB. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1848 the_stegman  Moderator
dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers