Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#101  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@danhimself said:

Amon's story reminded me of the time when Zuko visited that farm in season 2

But those people were being harrased by Earth Benders, Zuko was the only Fire Bender as far as I could remember and he tried to help them before they ran him out of town. But that is an interesting connection.

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

@War Killer: Idk, maybe I, like most people are trying to make more connections to Air bender lol

doubt we will see any blood bending, Katara I'm certain never used it again

Plus it took Hama(sp) like years to master it originally

^____^

I'm glad we're seeing how the Air Benders are starting to slowly return to the world, I was curious on how they'd explain that seeing as Aang was the last.

I don't know, we've already seen lightning and metal bending, I'm sure we'll see blood bending sooner or later. But to be honest, while I know some feel they're taking what was special from the first series and making it seem like everyone can do those type of bending now, the fact that's been seventy years since the original series I don't see why people wouldn't have learn how to preform them by now. Plus like in the third episode, most of the bending is used to work the machinery.

But what I'm curious about is how Tenzin mentioned how only the Avatar could use Energy Bending, my question is if you can take someone's bending away (or more likely they've simply blocked their chi and "turned off" their ability to bend) couldn't the Avatar simply turn that ability back on by reopening their chi? And if so, concerning how certain people are born benders and others aren't, is there away to give none benders the ability to bend? It's one of those things that I'm curious about concerning how they use Energy Bending and the power to control someone's ability to bend in the show.
Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@War Killer: Shrugs

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By The_Martian

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Nobody said:

My Korra theories on Amon's identity.

1. He is the father of Mako and Bolin who believed that his children were killed and non-benders. The story of being harassed by a Fire Bender matches up with Mako's story about the death of his parents.

2. Amon is one of Aang's other children. If this is the case, one of Aang's sons was a non-bender who became jealous of his family due to his father being the Avatar and mother being a powerful waterbender. Not to mention his brother Tenzin gets to be the rebirthing of the Airbenders. The story he told about the firebender could have been just a story to get the Equalizers going. This would also explain how he knows Aang's bending blocking trick.

Just to throw in there hate Lightning Bolt Zolt uses Lightning, That's something that usually members of the Royal Family could only used and was taken seriously in the original series. Things like that makes me have a certain contempt for the show among the other reasons I have.

1. That wouldn't make sense. How would they be killed? How did they get seperated? Random. Also Amon stated that his story had to do with his dad, and when he was a child, not when he was an adult.

2. That could makes sense. With two powerful bending parents, and two powerful bending siblings, Amon could be Bumi. Aang could've taught him Energybending.

3. There's a good chance, Amon knows nothing about energybending and simply chi blocks.

1. You are right, I think he was the son in that case. My bad on that. lol

2. It makes sense on the Energybending and a motive for this movement.

3. I don't know. He did the hand gesture the same way Aang did at the end of the first series. Seems like he knows about it. Plus Tenzin does, so back to theory 2, it would make sense that his other sons would as well.

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By Sissel

@Nobody said:

1. He is the father of Mako and Bolin who believed that his children were killed and non-benders. The story of being harassed by a Fire Bender matches up with Mako's story about the death of his parents.

2. Amon is one of Aang's other children. If this is the case, one of Aang's sons was a non-bender who became jealous of his family due to his father being the Avatar and mother being a powerful waterbender. Not to mention his brother Tenzin gets to be the rebirthing of the Airbenders. The story he told about the firebender could have been just a story to get the Equalizers going. This would also explain how he knows Aang's bending blocking trick.

Another one is the Cabbage man theory.

• Amon is a descendant of the Cabbage Man from Avatar the Last Airbender. He couldn’t bend and his precious cabbages were constantly being destroyed by Aang and his friends. No ruler or law enforcer of any sort held Aang and his friends accountable for this and as such he came to hate benders with a passion, one which he passed to his progeny.

I really like that since it is funny and quite understandable at the same time.

Add this.

• In the Zuko Alone episode, the kid is actually Amon. Amon said that his father is a farmer and his family is terrorized by the firebenders which would coincide to what he said.
  • Or simply he is just lying to those what he said.

About your 2nd theory, isn't that Bumi you're speaking of? I doubt that Bumi is the one behind all of this since his father's upbringing wouldn't make him into such a villain. Add to the fact that his skin tone is much darker that of Amon's hands.

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Sissel

It is possible that Amon can block the chi of a person through chi-blocking the forehead since it is one of the main chi-points of the body. Add that Aang point his fingers in the chest and forehead while Amon did it on the forehead and back of the neck. There's also this trivia that amon is one of the dangerous pressure points in the body. This said "amon" can be found at the back of the neck too where Amon probably places his fingers. So, maybe he didn't energy-bend but simply use a form of advanced chi-blocking.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Sissel said:

@Nobody said:

• Amon is a descendant of the Cabbage Man from Avatar the Last Airbender. He couldn’t bend and his precious cabbages were constantly being destroyed by Aang and his friends. No ruler or law enforcer of any sort held Aang and his friends accountable for this and as such he came to hate benders with a passion, one which he passed to his progeny.

Add this.

• In the Zuko Alone episode, the kid is actually Amon. Amon said that his father is a farmer and his family is terrorized by the firebenders which would coincide to what he said.

About your 2nd theory, isn't that Bumi you're speaking of? I doubt that Bumi is the one behind all of this since his father's upbringing wouldn't make him into such a villain. Add to the fact that his skin tone is much darker that of Amon's hands.

1. Cabbage Man Theory Works

2. It's not that kid, That kid would be probably already dead to be leading the Equalists, and his family was terrorized by Earthbenders

And it could be Bumi. It doesn't matter how he was upbringed. He could've still gained jealousy to seeing 2 parents and 2 siblings with bending.@War Killer said:

@danhimself said:

But those people were being harrased by Earth Benders, Zuko was the only Fire Bender as far as I could remember and he tried to help them before they ran him out of town. But that is an interesting connection.

@War Killer: Idk, maybe I, like most people are trying to make more connections to Air bender lol

^____^

I'm glad we're seeing how the Air Benders are starting to slowly return to the world, I was curious on how they'd explain that seeing as Aang was the last. I don't know, we've already seen lightning and metal bending, I'm sure we'll see blood bending sooner or later. But to be honest, while I know some feel they're taking what was special from the first series and making it seem like everyone can do those type of bending now, the fact that's been seventy years since the original series I don't see why people wouldn't have learn how to preform them by now. Plus like in the third episode, most of the bending is used to work the machinery. But what I'm curious about is how Tenzin mentioned how only the Avatar could use Energy Bending, my question is if you can take someone's bending away (or more likely they've simply blocked their chi and "turned off" their ability to bend) couldn't the Avatar simply turn that ability back on by reopening their chi? And if so, concerning how certain people are born benders and others aren't, is there away to give none benders the ability to bend? It's one of those things that I'm curious about concerning how they use Energy Bending and the power to control someone's ability to bend in the show.

Um things like Lightning, Bloodbending, are things I don't like to see everyone doing, at least not just average people where these were things major characters couldn't even do.

And whoever said it's Jet. I doubt it's Jet. No relation.

jack16ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#107  Edited By jack16ichigo

The third episode was good it was interesting to see more about these equalist and how they block chi aswell the fact Amon can do it permanently makes him seem like an actually threat although lieutenant seems like abit of a hypocrite using his electric kali sticks.The more modern setting is growing on me even though I didn't like it at first I guess it kinda works and at the very least makes it different but I still don't particularly care for the main character's and the little romance going on between Korra and Mako isn't half as cute as Aang and Katara,it feels boring and way too obvious that it'll happen at some point.

MasterofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By MasterofChaos

I liked the part where she said she was looking for the bathroom.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Jnr6Lil said:

Um things like Lightning, Bloodbending, are things I don't like to see everyone doing, at least not just average people where these were things major characters couldn't even do.

See, really don't see the big deal. Sure, things like shooting lightning, mental, and blood bending were "special" or "rare" during Aang's time, but after 70 years I would expect more people would learn how to do it. And really, the only thing that we've actually seen "average" benders using is the lightning, and it made sense because they were using it to power the city (at least that's what it appeared like when Mako was using it in the third episode). But like with metal bending, not just anyone seems to be able to do it, only the police of Republic City because they were trained by Toph herself and are lead by her daughter, so even there I think it make sense. But we have yet to see anyone blood bending.

I suggested the Jet idea, but even stated multiple times how I know it's very unlikely. But even though unlikely, the only thing that disproves the theory is the fact that Jet seemingly died before he could have any children. But I don't see where you can say there's no relation, to be honest, Amon's story is actually very similar to Jet's as both their parents were killed by Fire Benders. But again, I know this is a very unlikely theory and honestly doubt it myself.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@War Killer:  

@Jnr6Lil  said: 

See, really don't see the big deal. Sure, things like shooting lightning, mental, and blood bending were "special" or "rare" during Aang's time, but after 70 years I would expect more people would learn how to do it. And really, the only thing that we've actually seen "average" benders using is the lightning, and it made sense because they were using it to power the city (at least that's what it appeared like when Mako was using it in the third episode). But like with metal bending, not just anyone seems to be able to do it, only the police of Republic City because they were trained by Toph herself and are lead by her daughter, so even there I think it make sense. But we have yet to see anyone blood bending. 

I suggested the Jet idea, but even stated multiple times how I know it's very unlikely. But even though unlikely, the only thing that disproves the theory is the fact that Jet seemingly died before he could have any children. But I don't see where you can say there's no relation, to be honest, Amon's story is actually very similar to Jet's as both their parents were killed by Fire Benders. But again, I know this is a very unlikely theory and honestly doubt it myself. 

Amon could be one of Jet's followers, or more likely a descendant of the Freedom Fighters
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#111  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Nobody said:

#1. Doubt it. Macco said he watched his parents die. I'm sure they buried them. They'd have known if their father had survived. Secondly and more importantly Aman said there were no benders in his family. Clearly Macco and Bolin are benders. Thirdly Aman grew up on a farm, and just judging from the description Macco's family lived in the city. Extortion and mugging are different. Lastly Aman said he was a child when it happened, or at least still living with his parents. 

#2. It's too obvious. I doubt they'd go this direction.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sissel said:

@Nobody said:

Add this.

2. It's not that kid, That kid would be probably already dead to be leading the Equalists, and his family was terrorized by Earthbenders

And it could be Bumi. It doesn't matter how he was upbringed. He could've still gained jealousy to seeing 2 parents and 2 siblings with bending.@War Killer said:

@danhimself said:

^____^

I'm glad we're seeing how the Air Benders are starting to slowly return to the world, I was curious on how they'd explain that seeing as Aang was the last. I don't know, we've already seen lightning and metal bending, I'm sure we'll see blood bending sooner or later. But to be honest, while I know some feel they're taking what was special from the first series and making it seem like everyone can do those type of bending now, the fact that's been seventy years since the original series I don't see why people wouldn't have learn how to preform them by now. Plus like in the third episode, most of the bending is used to work the machinery. But what I'm curious about is how Tenzin mentioned how only the Avatar could use Energy Bending, my question is if you can take someone's bending away (or more likely they've simply blocked their chi and "turned off" their ability to bend) couldn't the Avatar simply turn that ability back on by reopening their chi? And if so, concerning how certain people are born benders and others aren't, is there away to give none benders the ability to bend? It's one of those things that I'm curious about concerning how they use Energy Bending and the power to control someone's ability to bend in the show.

Like others have said 70 years is a big deal. Look at it this way. 70 years ago massive corporations and the government were the only people who had computers. Now just about anyone in the world can walk around with one that fits in their coat pocket. 

Once someone invents something, and the knowledge is open to others it will catch on. The reason stuff like lightening bending was only for the very elite is because the ordinary people didn't have anyone to teach it to them. However i feel with Aang in charge he would have have really tried to help spread this knowledge to help everyone.
Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Thee_Champion

Apparently Zuko's alive and is 87, traveling the world as an ambassador for world balance.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Lunacyde said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sissel said:

@Nobody said:

Add this.

@danhimself said:

^____^

Like others have said 70 years is a big deal. Look at it this way. 70 years ago massive corporations and the government were the only people who had computers. Now just about anyone in the world can walk around with one that fits in their coat pocket. Once someone invents something, and the knowledge is open to others it will catch on. The reason stuff like lightening bending was only for the very elite is because the ordinary people didn't have anyone to teach it to them. However i feel with Aang in charge he would have have really tried to help spread this knowledge to help everyone.

Aang didn't know Lightning Generation.@Olympian_Champion said:

Apparently Zuko's alive and is 87, traveling the world as an ambassador for world balance.

When was this ever said?@The Stegman said:

@War Killer:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Amon could be one of Jet's followers, or more likely a descendant of the Freedom Fighters

Jet didn't hate benders. He hated the Fire Nation.@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

See, really don't see the big deal. Sure, things like shooting lightning, mental, and blood bending were "special" or "rare" during Aang's time, but after 70 years I would expect more people would learn how to do it. And really, the only thing that we've actually seen "average" benders using is the lightning, and it made sense because they were using it to power the city (at least that's what it appeared like when Mako was using it in the third episode). But like with metal bending, not just anyone seems to be able to do it, only the police of Republic City because they were trained by Toph herself and are lead by her daughter, so even there I think it make sense. But we have yet to see anyone blood bending. I suggested the Jet idea, but even stated multiple times how I know it's very unlikely. But even though unlikely, the only thing that disproves the theory is the fact that Jet seemingly died before he could have any children. But I don't see where you can say there's no relation, to be honest, Amon's story is actually very similar to Jet's as both their parents were killed by Fire Benders. But again, I know this is a very unlikely theory and honestly doubt it myself.

After 70 years I still don't expect anyone to do it if the majority of the people in the original series couldn't do it.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Thee_Champion

@Jnr6Lil: I stumbled upon it when reading Zuko's bio on the Avatar wiki.

acer1_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By acer1_
@Olympian_Champion said:

Maybe he's the firebender at the start.
Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Thee_Champion

@Acer.: @Jnr6Lil: So this Zuko deal is from nick.com in the "Welcome to Republic City" thing. In Central City there's a pic of Zuko in the background, click it and all the info is there.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Lunacyde said:
Like others have said 70 years is a big deal. Look at it this way. 70 years ago massive corporations and the government were the only people who had computers. Now just about anyone in the world can walk around with one that fits in their coat pocket.  Once someone invents something, and the knowledge is open to others it will catch on. The reason stuff like lightening bending was only for the very elite is because the ordinary people didn't have anyone to teach it to them. However i feel with Aang in charge he would have have really tried to help spread this knowledge to help everyone.
 Actually, if the knowledge is made known and people begin to teach their kids, and their kids teach their kids, and so on, after 70 years of passing the information on, it's not that hard to believe that people could do these things. And like you mentioned, lightning bending was something that only elite Fire Benders, I would guess only the royal Fire Nation family, knew and were trained in how to preform, yet with Zuko as the new Fire Lord it's possible he didn't want to keep information for just the elite and prestige, plus it was actually fit his character seeing as he WAS of such social class and yet was treated like utter crap. But even with Metal Bending, it appears that not just anyone can use that method of bending except the police (and possible only the police force of Republic City). 

@The Stegman said:
I really believe this is a possible answer, plus I liked the idea of Amon being the son of Smellerbee and Longshot that someone posted earlier.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@War Killer said:

@Lunacyde said:
Like others have said 70 years is a big deal. Look at it this way. 70 years ago massive corporations and the government were the only people who had computers. Now just about anyone in the world can walk around with one that fits in their coat pocket. Once someone invents something, and the knowledge is open to others it will catch on. The reason stuff like lightening bending was only for the very elite is because the ordinary people didn't have anyone to teach it to them. However i feel with Aang in charge he would have have really tried to help spread this knowledge to help everyone.
Actually, if the knowledge is made known and people begin to teach their kids, and their kids teach their kids, and so on, after 70 years of passing the information on, it's not that hard to believe that people could do these things. And like you mentioned, lightning bending was something that only elite Fire Benders, I would guess only the royal Fire Nation family, knew and were trained in how to preform, yet with Zuko as the new Fire Lord it's possible he didn't want to keep information for just the elite and prestige, plus it was actually fit his character seeing as he WAS of such social class and yet was treated like utter crap. But even with Metal Bending, it appears that not just anyone can use that method of bending except the police (and possible only the police force of Republic City).

@The Stegman said:
I really believe this is a possible answer, plus I liked the idea of Amon being the son of Smellerbee and Longshot that someone posted earlier.

But Zuko couldn't have taught it since he didn't know Lightning.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Lunacyde said:

@The Stegman said:

Didn't he learn how to redirect it? I'm pretty sure that he could have gone to the next step and had Uncle teach him. I really don't see why it's so hard for you to except that others could have learned these types of bending over so many years...
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@War Killer: Depends if his inner turmoil is finished. And I find it hard to accept because these are moves that most benders would struggle with. They're also techniques I wouldn't expect for everyone to be learning. Logically would it make sense to go around teaching people Lightning and Metalbending?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer: Depends if his inner turmoil is finished. And I find it hard to accept because these are moves that most benders would struggle with. They're also techniques I wouldn't expect for everyone to be learning. Logically would it make sense to go around teaching people Lightning and Metalbending?

Pretty sure he had dealt with his inner turmoil, that was one of the main reasons he joined Team Avatar because he realized that's where he belonged. 

First off, and this is something I've already stated, Metal Bending is being used by just anyone, only by the police and most likely just the Republic City police from what I could tell. Lightning Bending on the other hand, like shown in episode three, is being used to power the city like human batteries, showing that people are learning it not for just violent reasons but for realistic and daily purposes, which logically would make sense. It's like in Pokemon how, besides fighting, Pokemon use their abilities to power things like factories and homes.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Pretty sure he had dealt with his inner turmoil, that was one of the main reasons he joined Team Avatar because he realized that's where he belonged. First off, and this is something I've already stated, Metal Bending is being used by just anyone, only by the police and most likely just the Republic City police from what I could tell. Lightning Bending on the other hand, like shown in episode three, is being used to power the city like human batteries, showing that people are learning it not for just violent reasons but for realistic and daily purposes, which logically would make sense. It's like in Pokemon how, besides fighting, Pokemon use their abilities to power things like factories and homes.

Still, doesn't mean they couldn't use the lightning for other things.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Pretty sure he had dealt with his inner turmoil, that was one of the main reasons he joined Team Avatar because he realized that's where he belonged. First off, and this is something I've already stated, Metal Bending is being used by just anyone, only by the police and most likely just the Republic City police from what I could tell. Lightning Bending on the other hand, like shown in episode three, is being used to power the city like human batteries, showing that people are learning it not for just violent reasons but for realistic and daily purposes, which logically would make sense. It's like in Pokemon how, besides fighting, Pokemon use their abilities to power things like factories and homes.

That could be said about any form of bending...
Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Sissel

@Jnr6Lil: The kid's status is unknown besides, people like Bumi lived to their hundreds so him living in that age can be easily shrug off.

Also, I think Bloodbending is now taught to be used for medical purposes just like the other sub-bending is taught to other people.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#126  Edited By jrock85

So all or most fire benders can bend lightning now? Lame.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Thee_Champion

Would anybody else have loved to see Amon fight Azula?

@jrock85 said:

I agree with this. It takes away it's deadliness. It used to be unique to generate lightning, only the very best could do it, but now even the likes of Zolt can generate it? That was kind of a letdown.

VictorGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By VictorGrey

So... what is Legend of Korra?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@Jnr6Lil: My point was he had influence as Avatar and along with Zuko they believed in helping the people.

Believe what you want, but everything is dynamic. Things change, you need to get used to it, it's a principle of life.

Dru_zod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Dru_zod

@Deranged Midget: ditto except on mastertoons

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most likely Amon is just an original character created for the series. I doubt its the son of Smellerbee and Longshot as towards the end of the last episode they were in Longshot was shooting boulders down most likely to trapped all of them inside so they could die with Jet. That and there's no mention of any of the FF after that episode. Yes I know its highly plausible that they couldve gotten out but remember the Dai-li mst likely wouldve had them caught and reprogrammed or killed. Which brings me to my next point, I do hope they adress what happened to all of the Dai-li's victims.@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil: The kid's status is unknown besides, people like Bumi lived to their hundreds so him living in that age can be easily shrug off.

Also, I think Bloodbending is now taught to be used for medical purposes just like the other sub-bending is taught to other people.

Avatar Kyoshi lived to be 240 so of course that age could be shrugged off

mfundo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By mfundo

I watched it last night it was awesome just like the original series. But seriously though, Amon is starting to scare me immensely.

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Knightly1

@jrock85 said:

Not necessarily. We saw about 5 people(counting Mako) working in a factory to power it. The pay was good, so it must not have been too popular a job, meaning lightning bending isn't as popular as we think. Zolt is a crime lord, I'd expect him to know more than the average bender. Also, we must take into consideration that the Royal Family were the only ones we saw using lightning. This is likely because they were the only ones who had the actual training and knowledge. I'm sure once the fire nation came under Zuko's rule, the technique was spread around much more. So, I believe it's fair to say all it takes is knowledge and a "lack of inner turmoil."

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Thee_Champion

@OblivionKnight: The fact of the matter still stands. Lightning was reserved for the deadliest of adversaries such as the likes of Azula. Now that it is more common than before, lightning has lost it's deadliness to me, I don't value it as much. Although I should have expected this now that metalbending is widespread and it was even more exclusive than lightning considering that Toph was the only one who knew it.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By ARMIV2

I'm loving it. I'm seriously loving it.

Knightly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Knightly1

@Olympian_Champion said:

@OblivionKnight: The fact of the matter still stands. Lightning was reserved for the deadliest of adversaries such as the likes of Azula. Now that it is more common than before, lightning has lost it's deadliness to me, I don't value it as much. Although I should have expected this now that metalbending is widespread and it was even more exclusive than lightning considering that Toph was the only one who knew it.

I understand where you're coming from. However, lightning was reserved to make it all the more difficult for team avatar to deal with, not necessarily meaning it's the most difficult thing to do.

Thee_Champion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Thee_Champion

@OblivionKnight: True true.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#138  Edited By CainPanell

@VictorGrey said:

So... what is Legend of Korra?

It's a sequel to Avatar The Last Airbender

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By texasdeathmatch  Online
@ARMIV2 said:

I'm loving it. I'm seriously loving it.

Agreed. And I didn't even watch most of the original show. 

Really like the sense of progression that they've got going. With technology, the characters, and politics, its great. Really interested to see how the story unfolds with the masked dude, looks like he's gotta have some relation to that martial arts chick.
carland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#140  Edited By carland

Incredible!! Im stunning .... it was unexpected (for me) I already see all three episodes sincerly this second season is great!

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Sissel said:

Bumi was also a King who was an Earthbending in hell of shape. This kid was just an average joe who probably didn't get every meal.

I don't think Bloodbending would ever be taught@OblivionKnight said:

@jrock85 said:

Not necessarily. We saw about 5 people(counting Mako) working in a factory to power it. The pay was good, so it must not have been too popular a job, meaning lightning bending isn't as popular as we think. Zolt is a crime lord, I'd expect him to know more than the average bender. Also, we must take into consideration that the Royal Family were the only ones we saw using lightning. This is likely because they were the only ones who had the actual training and knowledge. I'm sure once the fire nation came under Zuko's rule, the technique was spread around much more. So, I believe it's fair to say all it takes is knowledge and a "lack of inner turmoil."

Exaclty, I don't think Lightning is things that should be passed around so easily.@Lunacyde said:

@Jnr6Lil: My point was he had influence as Avatar and along with Zuko they believed in helping the people.

Believe what you want, but everything is dynamic. Things change, you need to get used to it, it's a principle of life.

You didn't quote what you were replying to so I have no dea what you're talking about.

Sorry but the show has changed for the worse.@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Your point?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Your point?

My point is that any bender, no matter how skilled or in what form, could use their abilities for "other things" as you put it, Lightning Bending included. It's a form of Fire Bending, and like all other forms of bending, could either be used responsibly or irresponsibly. But even so, that doesn't mean more benders shouldn't be taught how to use the technique, especially if it can be used to help in their daily lives. Same can be said about Metal and Blood Bending as well.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Your point?

My point is that any bender, no matter how skilled or in what form, could use their abilities for "other things" as you put it, Lightning Bending included. It's a form of Fire Bending, and like all other forms of bending, could either be used responsibly or irresponsibly. But even so, that doesn't mean more benders shouldn't be taught how to use the technique, especially if it can be used to help in their daily lives. Same can be said about Metal and Blood Bending as well.

Not moves like that that can kill somebody in one shot.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

Your point?

Not moves like that that can kill somebody in one shot.

What makes you think you can't kill someone in one shot with Water, Earth, Fire, or Air Bending? Any form of bending can kill a person in one shot, it's up to the bender and how responsible they are that makes the difference. So I really don't understand what you're trying to prove by saying lightning is anymore dangerous then let's say Air or Water Bending; in the right hands and with the right training, any bender could be dangerous.
Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Sissel

@Jnr6Lil: What makes you think the kid can be like Bumi who become strong enough to live in his hundreds? And I think Bumi himself doesn't have a high status in society when when he was a kid.

And I agree that every bending in itself is dangerous. It is on the holder of the power who takes responsibility.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@Jnr6Lil said:

@War Killer said:

@Lunacyde said:

@The Stegman said:

Not really true. He knew how to do, he just couldn't do it successfully because of his inner turmoil. He still knew how to do it and very likely could teach others who weren't struggling from inner conflict. Moreover since his conflict was resolved it's highly likely he could have been able to generate lightning after the finale.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, it was alright.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#148  Edited By jrock85

@OblivionKnight said:

@jrock85 said:

Fair enough. But I prefer lightning bending to be a technique that only a select few fire benders are able to perform.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By mikethekiller

Is it just me or do benders seem kinda weak now?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@mikethekiller said:

Is it just me or do benders seem kinda weak now?

Seems more like non-benders are becoming stronger, but that's just me.