#1401 Posted by pooty (10793 posts) - - Show Bio
#1402 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5467 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

@deranged_midget: @raiiyn: @norrinboltagonprime21: Why was Amon taking away peoples bending? what was his ultimate goal?

Amon believed (or supposedly) that bending is the source of all evil in the world. He thought getting rid of bending would get rid of advantages benders might have over non benders.

This could be linked to his father, yakone. Yakone abused his children to make them tools of revenge through bending. Amon didn't like his father which is why he ran away and could have developed anti bending feelings.

#1403 Posted by pooty (10793 posts) - - Show Bio
#1404 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5467 posts) - - Show Bio
#1405 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3655 posts) - - Show Bio

So....how does everyone feel about Season 2 so far!!!

#1406 Posted by Lunacyde (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget:

Absolutely. Korra is the reason I understand a lot of people's complaints. However I actually do believe Mako has a lot of potential, though he may not have shown it yet. His actions towards Asami sucked, but it's a pretty realistic sentiment. I don't know how many times I've seen someone dump someone else who was great and treated them great for someone else who may suck lol. I love the humor with Bolin but I hope they don't degrade him to little more than a gag character. I'm looking forward to the interactions between Unuluk and Tonraq and of course as always love the airbenders.

#1407 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lunacyde said:

@deranged_midget:

Absolutely. Korra is the reason I understand a lot of people's complaints. However I actually do believe Mako has a lot of potential, though he may not have shown it yet. His actions towards Asami sucked, but it's a pretty realistic sentiment. I don't know how many times I've seen someone dump someone else who was great and treated them great for someone else who may suck lol. I love the humor with Bolin but I hope they don't degrade him to little more than a gag character. I'm looking forward to the interactions between Unuluk and Tonraq and of course as always love the airbenders.

Yeah, the supporting characters are truly the glue holding the cast together at the moment. I actually like Mako and Bolin, both show potential with perhaps the former more than the latter but it's clear that they have intentions aside from forced romance and predictable arrogance that Korra has shown thus far. I understand they are trying to differentiate Korra and Aang as to make the show unique and dynamic but they are going about it in the completely wrong way. Nonetheless, I am definitely giving it the benefit of the doubt and I hope that I am proven wrong.

#1408 Posted by War Killer (19929 posts) - - Show Bio

So....how does everyone feel about Season 2 so far!!!

I'm enjoying it.

#1409 Posted by War Killer (19929 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone see the new episode?

#1410 Posted by ThatGuyWithHeadPhones (10176 posts) - - Show Bio

Korra is really not a good Avatar, like she basically letting a war start RIGHT INFRONT OF HER.

#1411 Posted by The Stegman (22988 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only seen the first two episodes of season 2..it's pretty good. Korra's uncle seems like another Tarrlok though. And I hope Asami and Bolin get together.

#1412 Posted by Betatesthighlander1 (7462 posts) - - Show Bio

I've only seen the first two episodes of season 2..it's pretty good. Korra's uncle seems like another Tarrlok though. And I hope Asami and Bolin get together.

I'd ship it

#1413 Posted by Pr0metheus (4927 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatars use their Avatar state to stop wars and the like.

Korra used hers to win a race.

#1414 Posted by Lunacyde (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

@thatguywithheadphones:

I doubt it would be so simple if you were in that situation. I actually really liked Korra more in this episode.

#1415 Posted by Lunacyde (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

@pr0metheus:

It's to show just how far she has to go in becoming the Avatar. Remember Aang had his faults too.

#1416 Posted by joewell (6244 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm I the only one who thinks the Uncle might be a telepath? He kinda seems like it

#1417 Edited by danhimself (22268 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm beginning to wonder why she hasn't had any contact from the past Avatars....Avatar Roshi was helping Aang all the time and so far Korra has only had little hints of Aang talking to her through dream revelations

#1418 Posted by Lunacyde (17821 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Aang was far more spiritual and Roku was actively seeking to connect with Aang. If you remember Aang had quite a bit of difficulty when he first tried as well. In the season finale Korra was shown speaking with Aang.

#1420 Posted by pooty (10793 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate Bolin with a sadistic passion. But I just saw the first two episodes of the original and I hated Sokka too. But over time Sokka proved his worth. so i'm hoping Bolin will show his worth. I don't like kids in real life but Tenzin son is really testing me. I like the older girl. I hope to see more of her growing skill. Can Tenzin win one fight please? I like him. Please show Katara fighting too. I would love to see her blood bend. But the season is early. Keep hope alive.

#1421 Edited by War Killer (19929 posts) - - Show Bio

Korra is really not a good Avatar, like she basically letting a war start RIGHT INFRONT OF HER.

No she wasn't. Throughout the whole episode she was trying to keep both the Northern and Southern Water Tribe's from going to war, trying her best to stay neutral in the conflict and to keep the each side from making things worse. That's exactly how the Avatar is suppose to act. But even then, there's only so much one person can do, even for the Avatar.

#1422 Edited by War Killer (19929 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

I hate Bolin with a sadistic passion. But I just saw the first two episodes of the original and I hated Sokka too. But over time Sokka proved his worth. so i'm hoping Bolin will show his worth. I don't like kids in real life but Tenzin son is really testing me. I like the older girl. I hope to see more of her growing skill. Can Tenzin win one fight please? I like him. Please show Katara fighting too. I would love to see her blood bend. But the season is early. Keep hope alive.

At least Sokka had standards, Bolin on the other hand is letting Korra's cousin treat him like a slave rather than a boyfriend.

I'm curious on where Katara is as well, the whole time Tenzin was arguing with his siblings I was wondering what Katara's side of the story was to how Aang treated his children. As for Katara Blood Bending, since it's illegal I doubt we'll see her use it, but I would like to see her at least show off some skill.

#1423 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Tenzin's muddled relationship with his siblings was honestly the most interesting part of the most recent episode. I'm not saying that to bash on the show or anything, but that it came as a very genuine surprise to get some backstory on their childhood and Aang's attempts at juggling his life as a father and the Avatar. Korra made some nice progression through the episode as well, clearly acknowledging her mistakes and being far too quick to judge, especially her own father and seemingly her Uncle. I have extremely high hopes for this season.

#1424 Posted by War Killer (19929 posts) - - Show Bio

"That Platypus bear is pooping money!"

Best. Distraction. Ever! xD

#1425 Posted by Mercy_ (92411 posts) - - Show Bio

I just can't get into this show the way that I got into TLA

#1426 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5467 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that finds it odd that everyone keeps telling Korra not to pick a side in this war even though its the avatar's job to prevent war?

Past Avatars have picked sides in wars which everyone is ok with. Everybody is ok with Korra going up against the equalists but not this time? I just find it weird.

#1427 Edited by War Killer (19929 posts) - - Show Bio

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Am I the only one that finds it odd that everyone keeps telling Korra not to pick a side in this war even though its the avatar's job to prevent war?

Past Avatars have picked sides in wars which everyone is ok with. Everybody is ok with Korra going up against the equalists but not this time? I just find it weird.

From what I've observed, at the beginning, it was because unlike most wars, up until this recent episode, neither the North or South had technically done anything wrong. This was why Korra was trying to stay neutral because she didn't want to accidentally start a war in the process by seemingly supporting one side over the other.

This is different than previous wars where the Avatar had openly picked a side. For example, during the 100 year war it was obvious that the Fire Nation was the "bad guy" and therefore no one had any issues with Aang choosing to fight alongside the other nations in that war. But Korra is dealing with a different situation where things are not as black and white because neither side had actually done anything to threaten the other which would call for her to choose a side.

But now, since it's been revealed that North isn't all it appeared to be, Korra now has a legitimate reason to side with the South in this conflict.

#1428 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

I had no idea the new season had already started, need to check it out now :O

#1429 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

This latest episode has really solidified my thoughts on where the series is headed and feels... really bi-polar in my opinion. That's not to say it's a bad thing but it just doesn't seem to have a concrete direction as of right now. For one, following Korra's side of the story has some interesting yet predictable events taking place and man, Korra really shows she means business. One thing that bothers me though is her abuse of the Avatar state for such menial tasks that we've seen to be accomplished by non-Avatar benders in the TLA. I wonder if that'll lead into some consequences in the future considering Aang only ever used the Avatar state in the most dire of moments.

Additionally, Tenzin's side of the story is easily the most touching, personal and emotional arcs I've seen since TLA. It really warms my heart and reminds me of the soul that the original series carried highlighting Tenzin's struggle with Bumi and Kya regarding Aang and their childhood. The entire focus on Tenzin's family has honestly been my favourite thing about this season thus far.

Oh and that picture of Aang and Katara with Tenzin, Kya and Bumi as children almost brought me to tears.

Another side note: Did anyone do a double take on the possessed Eska at the end LOL!?

#1430 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

OH and another thing highlighting Bolin. I know it's not really fair to compare at this point but I really, really wish that they took some arcs that focused on him with some serious tones. I understand he's there as the humour and an ice breaker but Sokka pulled that off whilst also having some of the most personal and moving arcs in the original series.

#1431 Edited by Pyrogram (34965 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Sokka was a perfect portrayal of a jokey character with a serious feel in my opinion, very hard to capture twice in a row in the same light.

#1432 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: It is, and as much I like Bolin, he's sadly given the least character development :/

#1433 Posted by The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk (9423 posts) - - Show Bio

Omg, the ending of the latest episode was funny

#1434 Edited by xlab3000 (3128 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Unalaq is the main villain look at Tarrlok he looked like the main villain based on everything he done but it was someone else who we didn't see before(Amon/Noatak).
@deranged_midget: @the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: The ending was hilarious lmfao. I still like Bolin's character even though he had the least character development.

#1435 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000: I don't think anyone is assuming Unalaq is the main villain as much as it was simply stated how predictable his development would lead into.

#1436 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5467 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I've observed, at the beginning, it was because unlike most wars, up until this recent episode, neither the North or South had technically done anything wrong. This was why Korra was trying to stay neutral because she didn't want to accidentally start a war in the process by seemingly supporting one side over the other.

This is different than previous wars where the Avatar had openly picked a side. For example, during the 100 year war it was obvious that the Fire Nation was the "bad guy" and therefore no one had any issues with Aang choosing to fight alongside the other nations in that war. But Korra is dealing with a different situation where things are not as black and white because neither side had actually done anything to threaten the other which would call for her to choose a side.

But now, since it's been revealed that North isn't all it appeared to be, Korra now has a legitimate reason to side with the South in this conflict.

I was referring to even the 3rd episode as well, not so much the first two. The northern water tribe shouldn't of been occupying the south for any reason because its just asking for war. Fire Lord Sozin did something similar to the earth kingdom and started a war ( i know for different reasons but the end result is the same). Even after Korra's uncle revealed himself to be the mastermind, she's still being told not to pick a side. Idk, I just find it weird.

#1437 Edited by xlab3000 (3128 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlab3000: I don't think anyone is assuming Unalaq is the main villain as much as it was simply stated how predictable his development would lead into.

True.

#1438 Edited by War Killer (19929 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer said:

I was referring to even the 3rd episode as well, not so much the first two. The northern water tribe shouldn't of been occupying the south for any reason because its just asking for war. Fire Lord Sozin did something similar to the earth kingdom and started a war ( i know for different reasons but the end result is the same). Even after Korra's uncle revealed himself to be the mastermind, she's still being told not to pick a side. Idk, I just find it weird.

Well again, the North gave a good reason why they had begun occupying the South, as they felt that because, of the South's recklessness and mockery of the Water Tribe's traditions, the South had placed both tribes in danger with the Spirit World. So in reality, the North appeared to be the good guys and were trying to make things right. How they were going about it may have not been the best way to do it, as we saw with the Southerners being upset and even Korra questioning her uncle, but they really hadn't done anything "evil" yet. When Sozin's forces began occupying the Earth Kingdom, this was already after he had explained his goal to Avatar Roku, which Roku openly disagreed with as it was throw the four nations off balance. It was clear that Sozin was the "bad guy" and Roku needed to stop him. But with this situation, Korra's uncle isn't trying to take over the world, and up until recently his reasons for occupying the South was to save both tribes and it appeared that the North's occupation of the South was only temporally. But now, with the revelation of Korra's uncle and his true intentions, it's obvious that his goals are more devious than what he original lead Korra and the others to believe, therefore Korra has a real reason to stop him.

To us, the viewers, it was obvious that her uncle had other plans and wasn't all he appeared to be, but for Korra and the other character those things aren't as obvious as they can't see the big picture like we can.

#1439 Edited by HumanRocket (7388 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man that rich guy in the bear suit made ms laugh so much last episode. I'm enjoying the season so far

#1440 Posted by War Killer (19929 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man that rich guy in the bear suit made ms laugh so much last episode. I'm enjoying the season so far

Agreed. At first I didn't care for him, but now he's starting to grow on me.

#1441 Posted by EnigmaLantern (717 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to throw a spanner in the works here for the sake of it but, I still prefer Aang as both an Avatar and the story itself compared to Korra. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Korra's story, it's just personal preference at the end of the day. I do enjoy is seeing Avatar Aang's spirit helping Korra out and showing flashbacks to when Aang was alive - especially because we get to see him older and a master of all four elements (five, if you include energy bending).

I do however highly dislike the advantage that blood-benders have, they almost make any other bender, whether novice or master, obsolete simply because they can control them - I just feel it ruins the whole balance between the four elements.

#1442 Posted by HumanRocket (7388 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: he kinda reminds me of a mixed between Tony Stark and J Jonah Jamison.

#1443 Edited by HumanRocket (7388 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to throw a spanner in the works here for the sake of it but, I still prefer Aang as both an Avatar and the story itself compared to Korra. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Korra's story, it's just personal preference at the end of the day. I do enjoy is seeing Avatar Aang's spirit helping Korra out and showing flashbacks to when Aang was alive - especially because we get to see him older and a master of all four elements (five, if you include energy bending).

I do however highly dislike the advantage that blood-benders have, they almost make any other bender, whether novice or master, obsolete simply because they can control them - I just feel it ruins the whole balance between the four elements.

How are you feeling about Tenzen? I feel that i see some of Aang in him and i really enjoy how there trying to explore his relationships with his siblings.

#1444 Posted by HolySerpent (12453 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn I hate Korra so much. Her personaltiy is like a flip of a coin, most of the time she complains because she thinks her father and Master Tenzin are holding her back, but then starts to doubt herself once Unalaq started "believing in her". MAKE UP YOUR DAMN MIND!!!!

I also hated with extreme intensity how Unalaq was such a predictable villian, not to mention the writers taking away Character Flaws and Character Development from Korra's Father. This season is a giant mess.

#1445 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (5851 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Korra was gonna go all Ezio but her dad didn't die lol. Still a b*tch though.

#1446 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Evil uncle, seriously?

#1447 Posted by War Killer (19929 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't consider Kora's uncle as a "villain" as it still appears that he believes he's doing the best for the Water Tribe. Even with the revelation about setting up his brother, Korra's father, I still get the feeling that he did this because felt that his brother was brash and didn't respect their Tribe's traditions.

Really, it reminds me of the relationship between Thor and Loki. xD

#1448 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5467 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer said:

Well again, the North gave a good reason why they had begun occupying the South, as they felt that because, of the South's recklessness and mockery of the Water Tribe's traditions, the South had placed both tribes in danger with the Spirit World. So in reality, the North appeared to be the good guys and were trying to make things right. How they were going about it may have not been the best way to do it, as we saw with the Southerners being upset and even Korra questioning her uncle, but they really hadn't done anything "evil" yet. When Sozin's forces began occupying the Earth Kingdom, this was already after he had explained his goal to Avatar Roku, which Roku openly disagreed with as it was throw the four nations off balance. It was clear that Sozin was the "bad guy" and Roku needed to stop him. But with this situation, Korra's uncle isn't trying to take over the world, and up until recently his reasons for occupying the South was to save both tribes and it appeared that the North's occupation of the South was only temporally. But now, with the revelation of Korra's uncle and his true intentions, it's obvious that his goals are more devious than what he original lead Korra and the others to believe, therefore Korra has a real reason to stop him.

To us, the viewers, it was obvious that her uncle had other plans and wasn't all he appeared to be, but for Korra and the other character those things aren't as obvious as they can't see the big picture like we can.

Eh, I guess.

#1449 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

LOK sucks in character development.

#1450 Posted by War Killer (19929 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone else here think it would be interesting if they went back and showed the cast of Avatar: TLA as adults, not just flashbacks but full-length episodes showcasing the various adventures they had as adults.