The Legend of Korra Discussion Thread.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@norrinboltagonprime21: He does however look rather suspicious, he's importing Northern water-tribe militia into the South Water tribe in an attempt to 'fix' their society.

I agree he is suspicious, but nothing yet to say he is the villain of the season.

Idk, Korra's dad did mess up with spirits of the North and South so he has a point.

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk:

Establishing some sort of vague hierarchy is no excuse for having lame villains. It's insulting to the viewer to waste their time with bland enemies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk:

Establishing some sort of vague hierarchy is no excuse for having lame villains. It's insulting to the viewer to waste their time with bland enemies.

Dude, its was just the first two episodes. Calm down.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Oh my god I love Audrey Plaza as Eska......... I'm pretty sure she is going to be my favorite character.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skrew you people, the premiere was great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Oh my god I love Audrey Plaza as Eska......... I'm pretty sure she is going to be my favorite character.

I was hoping he would end up asking the brother out by accident XD

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too predictable. As soon as you saw the uncle you knew he was up to no good. If he uses spirits to attack im done. Tenzin (?) son should be killed off. Amon was too powerful a foe to start off with and kill so soon. Its just good enough to watch...barely

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#1365  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I liked the season premier, the whole Spirit World was something that was delved into very little in the original series aside from a few instances, so I'm glad it's getting a greater focus in this book.

• I like that Korra, even after gaining the Avatar State and Airbending, still has a long way to go before becoming a fully realized Avatar.
  • I was glad to see her relationship with Mako develop more as they have officially become a couple.
  • I like that we're exploring more of the Avatar World and seeing what has changed since the original series, such as the other Air Temples and the Southern Water Tribe.
  • Korra's Uncle, while it does appear that he's being set up as the "villain" of this book, he comes off less as a villain but simple a man who wants to make things right...but how he's going about doing it may not be the best way.
  • Seeing Korra's father was a nice treat, as in the first book I didn't care much about him, but now I wouldn't mind seeing more of him.
  • I also like that Jinora is getting some spotlight, as it appears she is going to have some sort of connection with the first Avatar we've heard about. Of all of Tenzin's children, Jinora has the most potential as a character; I actually could see her being one of the main characters in a third series, if they ever decide to go in that direction.
  • I also liked how developed the Southern Water Tribe is now, going from a rundown village to a huge city.

Overall, I thought this was a great start to Book Two and look forward to where this story goes.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They really overdid themselves with the premiere. If it turns out the uncle was controlling spirits to unite the Northern and Southern Water Tribes, then I'll be greatly disappointed. It's the assumption that everyone came up with off the bat and there's no way they spent their time plotting something that obvious.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1367  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@awesam said:

They really overdid themselves with the premiere. If it turns out the uncle was controlling spirits to unite the Northern and Southern Water Tribes, then I'll be greatly disappointed. It's the assumption that everyone came up with off the bat and there's no way they spent their time plotting something that obvious.

I doubt that it will be that obvious, and seeing as it's the beginning of the series, I have a feeling this is just to get the story moving. I do believe that the sibling rivalry between Korra's father and uncle will play a major role in story, but I feel that the fact they're bringing in the First Avatar may mean that what is happening with the Spirit World may effect not just the Water Tribe but the whole Avatar World. This feels like it's going become much bigger terms scale and danger.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1368 Lunacyde  Moderator

@jokergeist: agreed. I greatly enjoyed it and laughed out loud multiple times. Love Eska

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The spirits came on their own from the looks of it. I doubt the Uncle summoned them.

Why can't we wait until their are more episodes? The uncle hasn't done anything to be considered a villain yet and people are complaining about him? I really don't get it.

thank you

this

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love none of the characters. I hate a few of them. The others are "blah". having strong doubts but hoping to be surprised

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah Lin is the only character I actually care for in Korra.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I enjoy Season 2 a lot more than the first so far

the animation is of course amazing, I am adoring the visuals and plot

also, the twins are pretty hilarious

Bolin and Asami really need breaks in their lives; they were kinda hard-done-by in the first season. Especially Asami. I also hope they stop blowing the teenage romance thing out of proportion - it was ridiculous in season 1 (>__> Mako, you man slut). And I can't wait to see more of Tenzin's family! His daughter's storyline seems like it's gonna be good

you think they'll ever have Bolin and Asami as an item?

NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xlab3000 said:

The spirits came on their own from the looks of it. I doubt the Uncle summoned them.

@norrinboltagonprime21 said:

Why can't we wait until their are more episodes? The uncle hasn't done anything to be considered a villain yet and people are complaining about him? I really don't get it.

thank you

@jokergeist said:

this

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It was awesome!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akindoodle said:

Bolin and Asami really need breaks in their lives; they were kinda hard-done-by in the first season. Especially Asami. I also hope they stop blowing the teenage romance thing out of proportion - it was ridiculous in season 1 (>__> Mako, you man slut). And I can't wait to see more of Tenzin's family! His daughter's storyline seems like it's gonna be good

Bolin has Eska. He needs no Asami. <3

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am hoping for the best, Season two is off to a better start than season one, I felt the bending was a little nerfed, but it looks like it is back.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mako has no personality... literally none in the second season.

Asami keeps getting shafted even tough she is undoubtedly the nicest, most selfless person in the show,

Stefano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm excited that for the first time the show will explore the adventure of a fully realized avatar

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

needs more toph.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1382 Lunacyde  Moderator

@ximpossibrux: it's been one episode (ok, technically two) how exactly has she been shafted? I do agree she is one of my favorites though.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1383  Edited By ximpossibrux

@lunacyde said:

@ximpossibrux: it's been one episode (ok, technically two) how exactly has she been shafted? I do agree she is one of my favorites though.

Mako didn't even give her the time of day, even though she was a caring girlfriend, and was neglected.

She fought against Non-Benders (even though she was one), went against her own father for the side of good, and helped drastically. Yet no one cares about her even after all that.

Her company is practically bankrupt, yet still no one cares about her, hell did she even get a "thanks for fighting Amon and stuff"?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ximpossibrux: She's going bankrupt because of the affiliations of her father. I mean think about it, you really want to chance supporting the daughter of someone who supplied the equalists with all their high-tech gear?

apezpril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Korra's uncle is going to be the Water bender counterpart of Ozai and Tonraq the counterpart of Iroh? seems like he's keen on believing that what he thinks is right. Is he trying to get the Southern Water Tribe to join forces with him for a greater purpose? World domination perhaps? Did he possibly set up his brother 20 years ago? I think he was behind the whole bandit attack thing, knowing that his brother was impulsive and would attack no matter the cost.

I was pretty shocked that Jinora could actually turn out to be a medium and she might end up helping Korra connect with the spirit world. Could it be that Avatar Wang was the one who sealed the door between the spirit world and the physical world in the South Pole? He certainly glowed when Korra opened it..

I still can't believe Korra is the same gullible Korra in season 1.. i thought she improved and should have trusted Tenzin more.. but i think that's what you call character development..

Asami and Bolin need to get together..

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@lunacyde said:

I think he's referring to the events of the last season *cough* Mako and Korra *cough* :P

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Was great loved it. Asami is still hot even though Mako dogged her out.

Still hope theres a character like Batman called the Wolf-Batman XD that'd be great.

Akindoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

Mako didn't even give her the time of day, even though she was a caring girlfriend, and was neglected.

She fought against Non-Benders (even though she was one), went against her own father for the side of good, and helped drastically. Yet no one cares about her even after all that.

Her company is practically bankrupt, yet still no one cares about her, hell did she even get a "thanks for fighting Amon and stuff"?

I KNOW!!!!!!! I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!!!!!!

@akindoodle said:

Yeah, I wish. They're like my non canon otp (though someone did point out the aesthetic awesomeness of Asami and General Iroh II but he's a bit old for her). Bolin can't get the boyfriend snatching one so he might as well "settle" for Asami (settle?! yeah right. Asami kicks Korra's but all kinds of ways in terms of characterisation. GURL YOU ROCK! She's already proven she'd make a much more tolerable girlfriend)

But is it likely since it's such an Americanised, kids/teenage targeted show? Not really. But we can always hope, right? And they DID have that moment in the premiere but that's just wishful thinking on my part

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1389  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@ximpossibrux:

She deserves better than Mako anyway. You're telling me this doesn't happen in real life all the time?

Who said no one cares about Asami? Like I've said it's way too early in the season to make judgements yet, and who says offscreen that they didn't show their appreciation? Furthermore it seems you're operating under the false dichotomy that just because she isn't in a relationship with someone that nobody cares about her.

Her company is bankrupt because her Father was a criminal. It was his company, the only reason she has a company at all is that she inherited it when her father became a criminal.

Spare me the Asami sob story. Boohoo, she doesn't have a boyfriend. She's rich, powerful, intelligent, skilled,and has a lot of things others aren't blessed with. She has no reason to complain and you are sounding like Korra you're whining so much lol. Fact is that she's a strong woman and she doesn't need a man to complete her. Be patient and she'll get what she deserves.

Veravin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1390  Edited By Veravin

i found this new season funny, but it seemed rushed, ended too quickly

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1391  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@apezpril said:

So Korra's uncle is going to be the Water bender counterpart of Ozai and Tonraq the counterpart of Iroh? seems like he's keen on believing that what he thinks is right. Is he trying to get the Southern Water Tribe to join forces with him for a greater purpose? World domination perhaps? Did he possibly set up his brother 20 years ago? I think he was behind the whole bandit attack thing, knowing that his brother was impulsive and would attack no matter the cost.

I was pretty shocked that Jinora could actually turn out to be a medium and she might end up helping Korra connect with the spirit world. Could it be that Avatar Wang was the one who sealed the door between the spirit world and the physical world in the South Pole? He certainly glowed when Korra opened it..

I still can't believe Korra is the same gullible Korra in season 1.. i thought she improved and should have trusted Tenzin more.. but i think that's what you call character development..

Asami and Bolin need to get together..

I don't think her uncle wants to rule the world, I think he generally wants to bring balance between the physical world and spirit world. It was obvious throughout the season premiere that he was not okay with how the Southern Water Tribe had been doing things, which is why he brought in his own forces. I assume he's going to try to take control of the Southern Tribe and rule both it and the North, feeling that under his leadership he can keep balance with the spirit world. It feels more like a civil war between the two tribes, rather than a full world war like in the previous series.

Whatever is going on, it appears that it goes much further than what Korra's father did all of those years ago. With the involvement of the first Avatar, this may be the tip of the iceberg of what's really going on with the boundaries between the physical and spirit world. I think, due to being Aang's decadent, Jinora apparently has some connection to the spirit world.

Well keep in mind that Book Two takes place only a few months after Book One. Sure Korra's able to go into the Avatar State and can bend all four elements, but she's still a rebellious teenager. But really, I thought that her reaction to both Tenzin and her father was organic, as they both were keeping her in the dark when it came to the Spirit World, not to mention the revelation about her father. So seeing her siding with her uncle made sense and felt realistic, as he was the only one that she felt was on her side.

It appeared that there could be something there, but it's too early to see. I rather they develop their relationship as friends before making them a couple. I'd hate for Bolin to simply be the rebound boyfriend.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1392 Lunacyde  Moderator

If I had to pick a disappointment it would definitely be Bumi, I really was underwhelmed so far considering what I expected.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I haven't watched the season premier yet...... T_T

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6746eab553d
deactivated-5d6746eab553d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

Thank You

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1395 Lunacyde  Moderator
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind seeing bolin and eska thing actually evolve into a real relationship that ends up having her turn against her father if he ends up being this season's big bad.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had a great time with the premiere episodes! It captured the same tone of the previous season and picked up effortlessly. I do like the more personal characterization taking place so far and even though bending has been benched, I like to see that Korra is still wildly inexperienced in terms of knowledge, both in bending itself and the Avatar state.

If I really had a problem, it'd be the same as last season. Forced, cringe-worthy relationships. And Korra is kind of acting like an arrogant brat but I like the differentiation between herself and Aang. It's refreshing and unpredictable in regards to where her character may go and the skills she can come to learn.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1398  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@deranged_midget:

Agreed, on one hand Korra is a refreshing change of pace from Aang, but it's also tougher to really get into the show when the main character is so unlikeable lol. Luckily a lot of the other elements of the show are strong and I really love some of the other secondary and tertiary characters. It looks like a promising premise and I'm excited so far.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lunacyde said:

@deranged_midget:

Agreed, on one hand Korra is a refreshing change of pace from Aang, but it's also tougher to really get into the show when the main character is so unlikeable lol. Luckily a lot of the other elements of the show are strong and I really love some of the other secondary and tertiary characters. It looks like a promising premise and I'm excited so far.

Thank you! Korra is easily the most unlikeable character on the show to me. I thought I was the only one :P Tenzin, Bolin and Asami are all multiple times more layered than she is. As you said though, the show doesn't depend on a singular character to progress forward which is really its greatest strength.

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mitran said:

I personally didn't like how the avatar state was used. When Aang went avatar, it was pretty much GG, and a little dangerous. Now Korra does it when she needs to win a race. Kinda disappointing.

@apezpril said:

Pretty much this.

All I got from the last two episodes was "Oh, look Fire Lord the Second" and "really... Korra's still a complete self-absorbed, mindless, brat who doesn't appreciate anyone." (Like seriously, punching and attacking the portal is what's going to open it? Her stupidity still baffles me.)

Though this whole avatar state being pretty much a toy is also really annoying :/

The only interesting thing was Jinora. Too bad she didn't turn out to be the avatar :/