#51 Posted by majestic99 (8916 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@majestic99: Oh, no, I was referring to the one hour premiere, which was actually the first two episodes of the series, and it comes on Saturdays at 11AM

Oh, good. I didn't miss anything! Thanks for the info!

m99

#52 Posted by RogueOracle (254 posts) - - Show Bio

Me in so much love:)

#53 Posted by Goku1fan (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Goku1fan:

I felted that it was messed up. How do you not have Aang in the first episode? Everyone was gone but Kartara. I was the first few min. and I got upset. It's not better than TLA

Cause...Aang's dead...if he were alive then Korra wouldn't be the Avatar, it is 70 years later after all, I'm not surprised many of the old Aang Gang are dead.

But Kartara is the only left. What about Sokka. Sorry if spelt wrong

#54 Posted by The Stegman (28100 posts) - - Show Bio
@Goku1fan: Sokka is most likely dead.
#55 Posted by _Cain_ (23736 posts) - - Show Bio

I Absolutley love this.

#56 Posted by _Cain_ (23736 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goku1fan said:

I felted that it was messed up. How do you not have Aang in the first episode? Everyone was gone but Kartara. I was the first few min. and I got upset. It's not better than TLA

Oh I Dunno Maybe because everyone except her was DEAD!?

#57 Posted by Goku1fan (1460 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowknight666 said:

@Goku1fan said:

Oh I Dunno Maybe because everyone except her was DEAD!?

It makes no sense. But Aang I understand. Zuko, Sokka, Toph what about appa

#58 Posted by _Cain_ (23736 posts) - - Show Bio

@Goku1fan: How does it not make sense?

Toph had a kid we know that much.

I Assumed the Bison That Tenzin's family was flying was Appa, Or a descendant.

#59 Posted by Deadcool (6895 posts) - - Show Bio

I just loved what they have done with this, the series seem great so far.

#60 Posted by jrock85 (2882 posts) - - Show Bio

Overall, I liked it. Korra isn't as likeable as Aang but she's cool.

I already love Tenzin and his family.

#61 Posted by Deadcool (6895 posts) - - Show Bio

Just posting:

#62 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19598 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVED IT

I'm happy they didn't completely forget everyone from the first show

#63 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4937 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: How do you know?

#64 Posted by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@Jnr6Lil:

Anyone think Sokka could've started the Equalists

meh...I doubt it, Sokka didn't really have any beefs with benders...I bet it's somebody related to the original show, maybe a follower of the Freedom Fighters, or someone who had their lives ruined by benders. .

Agreed, Sokka always supported his Katara, Aang, Toph and all other benders in the original series. I don't see why he would have any reason to start the Equalists.

#65 Posted by Duchess (6043 posts) - - Show Bio

Meelo FTW

#66 Posted by The Stegman (28100 posts) - - Show Bio
@shadowknight666:  

It wasn't Appa, the bison in Tenzin's bison was named Oogi..which begs the question..if Appa was the last of the flying bison...how did he mate to eventually get Oogi??
#67 Posted by OblivionKnight (3462 posts) - - Show Bio

It was great. I like Korra's personality. It's like a mix of Katara and Toph in one person. I want to see more of her bending various elements together while in combat.

@The Stegman: Possible that other flying bisons outlived the genocide elsewhere. Airbenders were nomads, so I wouldn't put it out of view.

#68 Posted by Primmaster64 (21660 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
I think its already confirmed that  Katara and Zuko are the only ones left alive.
#69 Posted by ThexX (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the the new show GO KORRA

#70 Posted by _Cain_ (23736 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@shadowknight666:

It wasn't Appa, the bison in Tenzin's bison was named Oogi..which begs the question..if Appa was the last of the flying bison...how did he mate to eventually get Oogi??

Perhaps there was another hidden bison? But she'd have to be really nearby to mate...

#71 Posted by Sherlock (7400 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
@The Stegman said:
I think its already confirmed that  Katara and Zuko are the only ones left alive.
Was it confirmed that Zuko was alive?Wasnt aware of that
#72 Posted by Jnr6Lil (8186 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock: Never confirmed.

@redbird3rdboywonder: Already confirmed @Deranged Midget said:

@The Stegman said:

@Jnr6Lil:

meh...I doubt it, Sokka didn't really have any beefs with benders...I bet it's somebody related to the original show, maybe a follower of the Freedom Fighters, or someone who had their lives ruined by benders. .

Agreed, Sokka always supported his Katara, Aang, Toph and all other benders in the original series. I don't see why he would have any reason to start the Equalists.

He supported them because they were his friends. Besides even if he started the Equalists whats to say they didn't become corrupt on their own. After all Kyoshi started the Dai Li and look how they turned out to be. For all we know the Equalists could've originally been a police force Sokka started to keep balance in the four nations.

#73 Posted by beggar (18 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, I wasn't planning on it but I'll probably pick up the promise then! Thanks for the heads up!

#74 Posted by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: Valid points.

#75 Edited by Lunacyde (19952 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it. i think they did the perfect job of bringing the feel and heart of the old show into something new. It has the same humor and soul to it that I loved about the original but the characters and locales are so very different in a way. It isn't just a rehash of the old show they really brought something new and exciting without ruining the world but actually making it richer and deeper.  

That said I haven't made a connection (yet) with any characters like I did with Zuko and Iroh in the original. However it's only just begun and I know theyll do a great job. It is not better than TLA, but it's definately a well done show and I love it. I actually would have been upset if they tried to make it the old show because it's not, it's something new and even though we know there will be comparisons they are meant to be two different shows and stand on their own.

#76 Posted by Lunacyde (19952 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
@The Stegman said:
If Zuko is still alive I CANNOT wait to see that.
#77 Posted by Primmaster64 (21660 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sherlock: @Lunacyde: I think I read that he was dying or something.
#78 Posted by mfundo (1718 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched both episodes on Sunday night around 22:00 and it was so worth not sleeping. Go Korra!

#79 Posted by stoneo (347 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the show! Korra is a great main character. I feel like she's a mix between Toph and Katara. I also enjoyed them making the world more modern and realistic in contrast to the somewhat ancient and mystical enviorment they had in the previous show. The Equalist seem like the perfect villians for this show. Their intentions and techniques seem very interesting and complex. As for who started them and who is there leader I have a theory. While reading up on them it's said they use chi blocks to fight benders. And Ty Lee was the only known chi blocker in the show meaning she may have influenced them or had some connection to them. But I really would enjoy it if there leader turned out to be Tenzin's brother.

#80 Posted by Hi_Voltage (491 posts) - - Show Bio

watched it and loved it. it was cute seeing katara old but i wonder if it was akward for her training Korra. i also agree with the whole metal bending that aiden was speaking about. metal bending isnt as... 'cool' (for lack of a better word) as it was before seeing as any earth bender can do it now with the right training. but overall im loving it so far.

#81 Posted by War Killer (20745 posts) - - Show Bio

This has become my new favorite TV show! I loved the first two episodes and really believe it can be just as amazing as the original series. Hopefully we'll see more of the world and how much it has changed outside of Republic City in the next seasons/Books. I could see them taking the whole Pro Bending idea global, giving the characters a reason to travel the world.

But I loved this show!!!!! ^___^

#82 Edited by redbird3rdboywonder (4937 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sherlock: Never confirmed.

@redbird3rdboywonder: Already confirmed @Deranged Midget said:

@The Stegman said:

@Jnr6Lil:

He supported them because they were his friends. Besides even if he started the Equalists whats to say they didn't become corrupt on their own. After all Kyoshi started the Dai Li and look how they turned out to be. For all we know the Equalists could've originally been a police force Sokka started to keep balance in the four nations.

So what one parent is an Earth Bender and ones a Fire bender?

#83 Posted by Thee_Champion (5793 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm enjoying it. I like Korra's bold and headstrong personality better than Aang's. And I'm curious as to whether they'll reveal Amon's identity or leave it a mystery once the series ends. I'd like to see a character like Azula though :P

#84 Posted by Ms. Omega (4666 posts) - - Show Bio

Doh cant believed I missed it :(

#85 Posted by HolySerpent (13142 posts) - - Show Bio

MAn I wish I could watch the series

#86 Posted by Dex_Starr (4797 posts) - - Show Bio

First 2 episodes were pretty decent, I wonder if they're going to keep trolling us about Zuko's mom....hahahaha

#87 Posted by Jnr6Lil (8186 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder: I don't know. Could just be non-benders for parents

#88 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4937 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

Well that goes back to my "it doesnt make sense" claim

#89 Posted by Sissel (2049 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ms. Omega said:

Doh cant believed I missed it :(

@HolySerpent said:

MAn I wish I could watch the series

You two can dl or watch it on iTunes. If you don't like there, the links for other sites are fairly abundant as of now.

Also for the show, I have watched it and rewatching it now. I love the direction the show is going. It is more of a political fight than a conquest war. Also, I love the humor they got. It's quite different but not too different to get the older fans caught off guard with their jokes. Totally going to watch it more.

#90 Posted by Jnr6Lil (8186 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

They had 1 Earth Kingdom parent and one Fire Nation parent. It doesn't matter if the parents weren't benders, they could've still had bending children

You must know nothing about Avatar because Katara, & Toph two of the most powerful benders of their respective element had 2 non bending parents.

#91 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4937 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

They had 1 Earth Kingdom parent and one Fire Nation parent. It doesn't matter if the parents weren't benders, they could've still had bending children

You must know nothing about Avatar because Katara, & Toph two of the most powerful benders of their respective element had 2 non bending parents.

I've watched Avatar alot and know everything about it. Yes Toph and Katara have non bending parents BUT with that being said it wouldnt make sense for two Non benders to have two children who can bend two different elements. I say non benders because in the episode that aired today Macco told Korra how their parents were mugged by a fire bender and killed in fro of him so we can assume that either both were non benders, not powerful benders, one wasnt a bender or they were caught off guard.

#92 Posted by Jnr6Lil (8186 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

I've watched Avatar alot and know everything about it. Yes Toph and Katara have non bending parents BUT with that being said it wouldnt make sense for two Non benders to have two children who can bend two different elements. I say non benders because in the episode that aired today Macco told Korra how their parents were mugged by a fire bender and killed in fro of him so we can assume that either both were non benders, not powerful benders, one wasnt a bender or they were caught off guard.

It's possible, You're letting minor things like this ruin the show for you.

#93 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

My Korra theories on Amon's identity.

1. He is the father of Mako and Bolin who believed that his children were killed and non-benders. The story of being harassed by a Fire Bender matches up with Mako's story about the death of his parents.

2. Amon is one of Aang's other children. If this is the case, one of Aang's sons was a non-bender who became jealous of his family due to his father being the Avatar and mother being a powerful waterbender. Not to mention his brother Tenzin gets to be the rebirthing of the Airbenders. The story he told about the firebender could have been just a story to get the Equalizers going. This would also explain how he knows Aang's bending blocking trick.

#94 Posted by Saint_Of_Dragons (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Loving the show. Bolin and Meelo are my favourite characters so far.

#95 Posted by Jnr6Lil (8186 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nobody said:

My Korra theories on Amon's identity.

1. He is the father of Mako and Bolin who believed that his children were killed and non-benders. The story of being harassed by a Fire Bender matches up with Mako's story about the death of his parents.

2. Amon is one of Aang's other children. If this is the case, one of Aang's sons was a non-bender who became jealous of his family due to his father being the Avatar and mother being a powerful waterbender. Not to mention his brother Tenzin gets to be the rebirthing of the Airbenders. The story he told about the firebender could have been just a story to get the Equalizers going. This would also explain how he knows Aang's bending blocking trick.

Just to throw in there hate Lightning Bolt Zolt uses Lightning, That's something that usually members of the Royal Family could only used and was taken seriously in the original series. Things like that makes me have a certain contempt for the show among the other reasons I have.

1. That wouldn't make sense. How would they be killed? How did they get seperated? Random. Also Amon stated that his story had to do with his dad, and when he was a child, not when he was an adult.

2. That could makes sense. With two powerful bending parents, and two powerful bending siblings, Amon could be Bumi. Aang could've taught him Energybending.

3. There's a good chance, Amon knows nothing about energybending and simply chi blocks.

#96 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4937 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

It's possible, You're letting minor things like this ruin the show for you.

I doubt its possible and its not really ruining the series for me it just throws it off for me along with the other stuff i mentioned. If anything I'd say my biggest problem with Korra so faris that its trying soo hard to be funny v the nautral humor that was in te original

#97 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10191 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool to chi-block fight is back

idk my thinks that Amon is Smellerbee and Longshot like son or something, idk it's a stretch, but Given firebenders destroyed their homes and an earthbender killed Jet.

#98 Posted by War Killer (20745 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that we're seeing more elements from the first series, like benders using lightning and chi-blockers. Though I was a but surprised when they used the Energy Bending to take away people's bending, I was a bit disappointed as it wasn't as epic as it was when Aang used it. But overall, I liked how it was used in this episode.

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

Cool to chi-block fight is back

idk my thinks that Amon is Smellerbee and Longshot like son or something, idk it's a stretch, but Given firebenders destroyed their homes and an earthbender killed Jet.

I keep getting a feeling that he has some kind of tie to Jet, like you I know it's a stretch, but I can't help but get the feeling he has some connection to characters from the original series. I like the idea of Smellerbee and Longshot being his parents who were killed, but the most logical and probably more possible theory that I have heard is Amon being  Tenzin's non-bending brother, but even then I hope it's something much more surprising.
#99 Posted by danhimself (21226 posts) - - Show Bio

Amon's story reminded me of the time when Zuko visited that farm in season 2

#100 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10191 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: Idk, maybe I, like most people are trying to make more connections to Air bender lol

doubt we will see any blood bending, Katara I'm certain never used it again

Plus it took Hama(sp) like years to master it originally

^____^