The Legend of Korra Discussion Thread.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#701  Edited By AweSam

What I like most about this series is how skilled the enemies are. Even just a few normal chi blockers can beat the team in seconds. In The Last Airbender, the ordinary firebenders really sucked. Mako and Bolin always get their asses handed to them.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#702  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@AweSam said:

What I like most about this series is how skilled the enemies are. Even just a few normal chi blockers can beat the team in seconds. In The Last Airbender, the ordinary firebenders really sucked. Mako and Bolin always get their asses handed to them.

Tell me about it, I legit have no idea as to how Korra can beat either Amon or Tarrlok.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#703  Edited By Jnr6Lil

Wait there's a difference between a Prince & Crown Prince?

Kastiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#704  Edited By Kastiel
@Jnr6Lil said:

Wait there's a difference between a Prince & Crown Prince?

The name itself explains it. Crown Prince is heir to the throne while the Prince is just the son of the current king. 
Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#705  Edited By Sissel

I can definitely see Aang contacting Korra from the spirit world in some form again. Also the title of the next episode is "Out of the past", I think that it will also explains what happen to Toph, Sokka, Aang, and Yakone in the trial.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#706  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Sissel said:

I can definitely see Aang contacting Korra from the spirit world in some form again. Also the title of the next episode is "Out of the past", I think that it will also explains what happen to Toph, Sokka, Aang, and Yakone in the trial.

That is exactly what it's going to be about.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#707  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

This episode was pretty awesome, I love Team Avatar has officially formed and seeing them going out on the town vigilante style was pretty epic. I was happy to see Korra facing Tarrlok at the end of the episode, great fight scene and the flashbacks are keeping me on the edge of my seat as I want to see them revealed completely already! xD

Also, I love how Tarrlok and Amon are the complete opposites as Amon hates benders where with this episode I got the feeling that Tarrlok sees himself better than non-benders and could careless about them. Two sides of the same coin really.

Plus, seeing that woman telling Korra that she's "their" Avatar too was something I thought was very cool as I think Korra's realizing what it truly means to be the Avatar and that to bring balance to the world, that means balance for both benders and non-benders. Great stuff and the ending...man, what a cliffhanger!!! ^__^

deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#708  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

Wow that brings back good memories of her.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#709  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Meelo was also, by far, was my favorite part of this episode. I loved the scene with him an Asami. xD

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#710  Edited By jrock85

How did knowledge of bloodbending get out? I mean, Katara and Hama were the only people who knew how to do it, and I'm sure Katara didn't teach it to anybody.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#711  Edited By Bestostero

i was really surprised it was a new episode since last week was a rerun, but anyways, the episode was really good. I keep wondering what happened to Sokka? he's always in that flashback, and he hasn't been seen yet in the present.

Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#712  Edited By Renee

@jrock85 said:

How did knowledge of bloodbending get out? I mean, Katara and Hama were the only people who knew how to do it, and I'm sure Katara didn't teach it to anybody.

That's what I want to know!

It looked like he was using it against every one in the court room, I guess Katara wasn't their.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#713  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Renee said:

@jrock85 said:

It looked like he was using it against every one in the court room, I guess Katara wasn't their.

Well it was never shown what happened to Hama after they defeated her. For all we know she could have had another pupil. 

Also someone else could have developed the technique on their own. The power is there to be used by anyone if they realize it and take the time to develop it and perfect it. Just because Hama and Katara are the only two shown in the original series doesn't mean others couldn't do the same thing.
Inverno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#714  Edited By Inverno
No Caption Provided
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#715  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
No Caption Provided
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#716  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Lunacyde said:
@Renee said:

@jrock85 said:

Well it was never shown what happened to Hama after they defeated her. For all we know she could have had another pupil.  Also someone else could have developed the technique on their own. The power is there to be used by anyone if they realize it and take the time to develop it and perfect it. Just because Hama and Katara are the only two shown in the original series doesn't mean others couldn't do the same thing.
Exactly. Unlike Metalbending which was only discovered by Toph due to her being blind which allowed her to see that metal had enough earth in it to bend, blood is in every person and every creature and I wouldn't find it hard to believe that over the last seventy years some waterbender began to wonder if and practice bending the blood in a person or creature.
deadpool6_6_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#717  Edited By deadpool6_6_6

I notice i dont see anymore of her books anymore. they're rare i guess?

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#718  Edited By Sissel

@Bestostero said:

i was really surprised it was a new episode since last week was a rerun, but anyways, the episode was really good. I keep wondering what happened to Sokka? he's always in that flashback, and he hasn't been seen yet in the present.

Apparently, Toph, Sokka, and Aang are confirmed to be dead. :[

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#719  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Sissel said:

@Bestostero said:

Aang is obviously dead as Korra wouldn't be there if he wasn't. But yeah, according to to Katara she seems to be the only member of the original Team Avatar that is alive still. Though I have heard people say Zuko was still alive, yet I have yet to see where this rumor came from so until then I believe he is dead as well.
Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#720  Edited By Izaiah
@War Killer said:
Though I have heard people say Zuko was still alive, yet I have yet to see where this rumor came from so until then I believe he is dead as well.
The official website (well, the 'Welcome to Republic City' game) states the following about Zuko:  
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#721  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Izaiah said:
@War Killer said:
Though I have heard people say Zuko was still alive, yet I have yet to see where this rumor came from so until then I believe he is dead as well.
The official website (well, the 'Welcome to Republic City' game) states the following about Zuko:  
I was wondering where everyone was hearing that! Now I guess we just have to wait to see how this turns out within the show, I'm actually excited to see...
Thanks for confirming that for me. :D
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#722  Edited By Mercy_

Just caught up an the first eight episodes. I love it, but it pales in comparison to The Last Airbender, at least so far.

Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#723  Edited By Bestostero

@War Killer said:

@Sissel said:

@Bestostero said:

Aang is obviously dead as Korra wouldn't be there if he wasn't. But yeah, according to to Katara she seems to be the only member of the original Team Avatar that is alive still. Though I have heard people say Zuko was still alive, yet I have yet to see where this rumor came from so until then I believe he is dead as well.

awwww... well can we assume he got hitched with Suki? did they have kids? no? sadness :(

...and now that i think about it, Bolin reminds me so much of Sokka. No I'm not saying they're related, just have similar personalities, I miss the original team Avatar.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#724  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Bestostero said:

@War Killer said:

@Sissel said:

@Bestostero said:

awwww... well can we assume he got hitched with Suki? did they have kids? no? sadness :(

...and now that i think about it, Bolin reminds me so much of Sokka. No I'm not saying they're related, just have similar personalities, I miss the original team Avatar.

If he and Suki didn't get together I think that would be a slap to all of the fans who supported that relationship. The fact that everyone else got together with their love interests of the show, Aang and Katara, Zuko and Mai, it would only make sense that they would have Sokka and Suki finally end up together as well. I'm curious though if maybe Sokka returned with Suki to Kyoshi Island, possibly training a whole group of male Kyoshi Warriors or something along those lines.

Yeah, Bolin seems to be the comedian of the show much like Sokka was in the previous series while Asami is the non-bender of the team.
Bestostero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#725  Edited By Bestostero

@War Killer: eww. Asami is evil, I'm calling it. lol

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#726  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@War Killer:  

Meelo was also, by far, was my favorite part of this episode. I loved the scene with him an Asami. xD

Meelo made me laugh so hard, I love him...However Ikki might be my favorite of Tenzin's kids, I love how she answered all of Bolin's questions and then just spilled the beans on Korra liking Mako, AND her expression after Korra slammed the door in her face....priceless.
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#727  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Bestostero said:

@War Killer: eww. Asami is evil, I'm calling it. lol

I don't think she's evil as much as I thought before, the fact that she literally zapped her father was pretty convincing that she was actually good. Though, now the fact that she knows Korra likes Mako and that little scene where he and Korra where joking around when getting into the car leads one to believe that while she may not be a badguy, we may see some drama unfold in the future between Asami and Korra. But that's the beaut of this new Team Avatar is that these characters are all new to one another, Korra's only known Mako and Bolin for a little while and now throw Asami into the mix, there's bound to be some drama and conflicts between the four of them, but ultimately will further their growth as both a team and friends which, if the previous Team Avatar has proven anything, together would make them pretty much unstoppable. And the fact that things are already not looking to good for them just makes the show even more exciting.
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#728  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@The Stegman said:

@War Killer:  

Meelo made me laugh so hard, I love him...However Ikki might be my favorite of Tenzin's kids, I love how she answered all of Bolin's questions and then just spilled the beans on Korra liking Mako, AND her expression after Korra slammed the door in her face....priceless.
At first I really didn't like Tenzin's kid, especially Meelo, but as they keep popping up in the show I've began to find the scenes with them some of my favorite.

For example:

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#729  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
@War Killer: I love them, and I love how Tenzin sometimes just freaks out like in the scene you just posted!
Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#730  Edited By Sissel

@War Killer said:

@Bestostero said:

@War Killer said:

@Sissel said:

@Bestostero said:

If he and Suki didn't get together I think that would be a slap to all of the fans who supported that relationship. The fact that everyone else got together with their love interests of the show, Aang and Katara, Zuko and Mai, it would only make sense that they would have Sokka and Suki finally end up together as well. I'm curious though if maybe Sokka returned with Suki to Kyoshi Island, possibly training a whole group of male Kyoshi Warriors or something along those lines. Yeah, Bolin seems to be the comedian of the show much like Sokka was in the previous series while Asami is the non-bender of the team.

If you have read the Promise Part 2, it seems that Mai and Zuko did have a break-up/cool-off. I wonder what will happen to them.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#731  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@The Stegman said:
@War Killer: I love them, and I love how Tenzin sometimes just freaks out like in the scene you just posted!
Agreed, he's supposed to be the serious one of Aang and Katara's three children, so see Korra or his kids bring out at that immature side he's always trying to suppress all the time is just hilarious and is also great to see that Tenzin isn't always so serious like he would like us to believe.
Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#732  Edited By Izaiah
@War Killer
n/p, I'd like to see them appear as well.
@Mercy_ said:

Just caught up an the first eight episodes. I love it, but it pales in comparison to The Last Airbender, at least so far.

I disagree..I like The Legend of Korra much better than The Last Airbender.
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#733  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Izaiah said:
@Mercy_ said:

I don't know if the show is better, but to be fair, Legend of Korra is only into the first, what? Ten episodes of the first season. We've just barely gotten to know these characters and things are slowly, but surely, beginning to develop. Most people say Last Airbender is better or that LOK fails in comparison, but Last Airbender also has already had three seasons, allowing us as fans to watch those characters of the original series grow and develop and causing us to become attached and have favorites. I just don't think it's fair to compare the two as one has just only begun while the other has already finished its story. When LOK is finished I think that would be a fair time to start looking back and comparing which and where in each series one of the other was better.

My two cents. :P
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#734  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Izaiah said:
@War Killer
n/p, I'd like to see them appear as well.
@Mercy_ said:

It's all personal opinion. 

I love LoK, but TLA will always hold a very special place in my heart. The shows are two very different stories and they each have positives and negatives. I loved the spirituality and character developement in the old one better, but the plot line and villains in the new one are better in my opinion. They really have me on the edge of my seat wanting more every week lately.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#735  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@War Killer said:

This episode was pretty awesome, I love Team Avatar has officially formed and seeing them going out on the town vigilante style was pretty epic. I was happy to see Korra facing Tarrlok at the end of the episode, great fight scene and the flashbacks are keeping me on the edge of my seat as I want to see them revealed completely already! xD Also, I love how Tarrlok and Amon are the complete opposites as Amon hates benders where with this episode I got the feeling that Tarrlok sees himself better than non-benders and could careless about them. Two sides of the same coin really. Plus, seeing that woman telling Korra that she's "their" Avatar too was something I thought was very cool as I think Korra's realizing what it truly means to be the Avatar and that to bring balance to the world, that means balance for both benders and non-benders. Great stuff and the ending...man, what a cliffhanger!!! ^__^

Indeed@Lunacyde said:

@Renee said:

@jrock85 said:

Well it was never shown what happened to Hama after they defeated her. For all we know she could have had another pupil. Also someone else could have developed the technique on their own. The power is there to be used by anyone if they realize it and take the time to develop it and perfect it. Just because Hama and Katara are the only two shown in the original series doesn't mean others couldn't do the same thing.

She got locked up. And yeah other people could've learned the technique. Who said the SWT benders were the only ones locked in prison? If Yakone was put on trial he could've been in prison also.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#736  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Mercy_ said:

It's starting to get better then ATLA. ATLA while good for the duration of the show, really was decent beginning-midseason then real good at the end.@War Killer said:

@Izaiah said:
@Mercy_ said:

I don't know if the show is better, but to be fair, Legend of Korra is only into the first, what? Ten episodes of the first season. We've just barely gotten to know these characters and things are slowly, but surely, beginning to develop. Most people say Last Airbender is better or that LOK fails in comparison, but Last Airbender also has already had three seasons, allowing us as fans to watch those characters of the original series grow and develop and causing us to become attached and have favorites. I just don't think it's fair to compare the two as one has just only begun while the other has already finished its story. When LOK is finished I think that would be a fair time to start looking back and comparing which and where in each series one of the other was better. My two cents. :P

Exactly@War Killer said:

@Izaiah said:
@War Killer said:
"Three years ago, Zuko turned over the reins of the Fire Nation to his daughter. Officially, he's retired, but unofficially, he still travels the world as an ambassador for world balance."
I was wondering where everyone was hearing that! Now I guess we just have to wait to see how this turns out within the show, I'm actually excited to see...
Zuko's daughter and hopefully seeing Zuko pop up at least sometime near the end of the first season.
Thanks for confirming that for me. :D

Zuko may be the person that teaches Korra about Aang.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#737  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Jnr6Lil: Well clearly they locke her up, but you never know she may have escaped or met someone in prison to pass on bloodbending. Hard to say.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#738  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Lunacyde: I would assume she was in a private cell and probably locked her hands and feet to ensure she couldn't bend.

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#739  Edited By mikethekiller

This episode was pretty damn epic.

NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#740  Edited By NCC1396

I think for it's first few episodes it's better than the first few of Avatar. And the previous episode oh my god such a cliff hanger! no full moon and he was a blood bender! This just made the Waterbenders so much more powerful, even if he is the only one who knows how, it still leaves much potential for all waterbenders

BMEZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#741  Edited By BMEZY

TLOK is getting soo GOOD!! it's keeping up a great pace and the last episode was WONDERFUL!!! I love the airbender family, they are all equally HILARIOUS

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#742  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@NCC1396 said:

I think for it's first few episodes it's better than the first few of Avatar. And the previous episode oh my god such a cliff hanger! no full moon and he was a blood bender! This just made the Waterbenders so much more powerful, even if he is the only one who knows how, it still leaves much potential for all waterbenders

This did kind of make Bloodbending unstoppable though

NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#743  Edited By NCC1396

@Jnr6Lil: Pretty much! though it seems like the rarer feats like metal bending, lightningbolts, and bloodbending are more common now. which kind of ruins the whole idea of them.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#744  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Jnr6Lil said:

@NCC1396 said:

I'm sure they have contemplated this and there is some sort of counter to balance it out that will be revealed.
NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#745  Edited By NCC1396

@Lunacyde: I honestly think that amun is a bender

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#746  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@NCC1396:  What leads you to that conclusion?
NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#747  Edited By NCC1396

@Lunacyde: Or he's related to one, sorry this part didn't load with my post I really think he's related to Aang or Sokka. Mainly Sokka because he always felt left out of the group because he couldn't bend, and he was with Suki who ended up inviting Ty Lee to join the Kyoshi warriors. Or Aang because he knows how to remove bending. However i am probably most definately wrong.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#748  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@NCC1396 said:

@Lunacyde: Or he's related to one, sorry this part didn't load with my post I really think he's related to Aang or Sokka. Mainly Sokka because he always felt left out of the group because he couldn't bend, and he was with Suki who ended up inviting Ty Lee to join the Kyoshi warriors. Or Aang because he knows how to remove bending. However i am probably most definately wrong.

It's possible. I think I'm just going to wait and see what unfolds. I'm at the edge of my eat for this.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#749  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@NCC1396: Agreed @Lunacyde said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@NCC1396 said:

I'm sure they have contemplated this and there is some sort of counter to balance it out that will be revealed.

Katara countered Hama.

NCC1396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#750  Edited By NCC1396

@Jnr6Lil: What do you mean? Are you saying Korra is going to counter him?