The Legend of Korra Discussion Thread.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#601  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@ragdollpurps: That's straight up awesome.
Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#602  Edited By Rumble Man

Please have a steampunk giant robot, oh please, oh please, oh please

zexion_armando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#603  Edited By zexion_armando

@JonesDeini said:

To quote Robin...I'm whelmed. The show's characters are what's keeping me around. The story thus far? Well, meh. It's telegraphing way too many of its punches.

Its a childrens show though, first and foremost...

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#604  Edited By jrock85

@Bestostero: @Lunacyde: I don't know. It just seems like Aang and his crew didn't get owned as often.

@ragdollpurps said:

No Caption Provided

Now THAT is awesome.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#605  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@jrock85: Yeah but Aang and the Gang never faced giant Battle Mechs! lol
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#606  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Just for anyone buying into the whole Asami is Amon thing.... 

Look at their hands. Amon has man hands, and Asami has delicate woman hands. 

BAM proof son.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#607  Edited By ReVamp

@Lunacyde said:

Just for anyone buying into the whole Asami is Amon thing.... Look at their hands. Amon has man hands, and Asami has delicate woman hands. BAM proof son.

She's wearing gloves that make her look manlier. And she's wearing ridiculous high heels. And she's wearing a puffy as jacket underneath Amon's robes. Yeah...

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#608  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@ReVamp:  Actually Asami is pretty tall. She may be naturally as tall as him :P
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#609  Edited By ReVamp

@Lunacyde said:

@ReVamp: Actually Asami is pretty tall. She may be naturally as tall as him :P

You're supposed to be the reasonable person here, so your argument is invalid.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#610  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@ReVamp: my argument is never invalid. 

Does not compute.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#611  Edited By ReVamp

@Lunacyde said:

@ReVamp: my argument is never invalid. Does not compute.

This ain't a battle forum, you have no jurisdiction here.

On a serious note, do you think that Asami is truly good/honest, or that on the other hand, there will be a reveal about her.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#612  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@ReVamp said:

@Lunacyde said:

@ReVamp: my argument is never invalid. Does not compute.

This ain't a battle forum, you have no jurisdiction here.

On a serious note, do you think that Asami is truly good/honest, or that on the other hand, there will be a reveal about her.

Personally i think she's good, and that she will remain good for the series. Not saying she won't have moments.
bluepride1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#613  Edited By bluepride1234

Not a good show. Too much love crap and no real character build up.

bluepride1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#614  Edited By bluepride1234

@utotheg38 said:

L.O.K Is so meh.

If you ask me It's surviving on hype, Not story

Agreed 100%.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#615  Edited By jrock85

@Lunacyde said:

@jrock85: Yeah but Aang and the Gang never faced giant Battle Mechs! lol

But even before that, they were getting owned by Chi blockers.

Purgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#616  Edited By Purgy

@jrock85: True the shows alright, but i really wanna know what happen to Azula.....and Sokka?

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#617  Edited By jrock85

@Purgy said:

@jrock85: True the shows alright, but i really wanna know what happen to Azula.....and Sokka?

Azula and Sokka are both dead.

Purgy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#618  Edited By Purgy

Oh i know that just backstories on how they lived before they bit the dirt.

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#619  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@The Stegman said:

@Jnr6Lil: Aang's already successfully redirected lightning, I think he would learn it eventually, and regardless of the other masters and whether or not the would teach it, I don't see it being anymore rare than metal bending, heck, I'd wager to bet that some experienced Fire Nation soldiers know how to use it.

He redirected it but I wouldn't say he mastered redirection, and it's not like he mastered firebending. Hell with mastering the 4 elements, Avatar State & Energybending there's a good chance Aang would see no need to learn lightning. If they wouldn't teach it (which they wouldn't) how would anyone learn, It's more rare then Metalbending because Toph at least started a metalbending school and a metalbending police corps. So far in the series we've never seen any Fire Nation soldiers use it.

However, we see groups of low class workers on the factory where Mako is working. If low class workers can generate lightning, how come elite firebenders can't?

Do we know for sure they used it or they had technology to help them

mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#620  Edited By mikethekiller

Just watched saturdays episode and though it was good I can't say I didn't see any of that coming. Also it seems like benders are constantly getting their asses handed to them.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#621  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@mikethekiller said:

Just watched saturdays episode and though it was good I can't say I didn't see any of that coming. Also it seems like benders are constantly getting their asses handed to them.

Maybe it's because they are facing giant battle mechs with weapons that electrocute at a touch. 

Honestly the number of characters from the original show that could have taken on those Battle Mechs is short (Aang, Toph, Bumi, Jeong Jeong, and anyone who could generate lightning.
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#622  Edited By mikethekiller

@Lunacyde: I understand that but I was speaking more in general, it seems as if team avatar is always on the retreat.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#623  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@mikethekiller: I think that is the point. In my opinion it's probably all to service the story.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#624  Edited By ReVamp

@Lunacyde said:

@mikethekiller: I think that is the point. In my opinion it's probably all to service the story.

But you can see why people find it somewhat irritating, lol?

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#625  Edited By GTG12

Yeah I noticed that too. Tenzin was doing pretty well though.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#626  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@ReVamp: Oh hell yes. I freakin agree. You don't think I'd have loved to see them just destroy those robots and kick some major butt? If it was up to me Lin would have taken them all by herself :P lol
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#627  Edited By ReVamp

@Lunacyde said:

@ReVamp: Oh hell yes. I freakin agree. You don't think I'd have loved to see them just destroy those robots and kick some major butt? If it was up to me Lin would have taken them all by herself :P lol

You get 5 ReVamp points for that comment.

Lin is such a badass. I want to just see her fcking destroy someone.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#628  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@ReVamp said:

@Lunacyde said:

You get 5 ReVamp points for that comment.

Lin is such a badass. I want to just see her fcking destroy someone.

All things considered I'm pretty sure she killed that Equalist in the Mecha Tank when she was going Wolverine on it. Did you see how close those blades were getting to caving in his skull?
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#629  Edited By ReVamp

@Lunacyde said:

All things considered I'm pretty sure she killed that Equalist in the Mecha Tank when she was going Wolverine on it. Did you see how close those blades were getting to caving in his skull?

His or its? Because I saw the latter, not the former. But yeah, she went hammer on that biatch.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#630  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@ReVamp said:

@Lunacyde said:

His or its? Because I saw the latter, not the former. But yeah, she went hammer on that biatch.

It showed the blades going through the cockpit walls and the equalist inside having to dodge them.
Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#631  Edited By Sissel

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@The Stegman said:

@Jnr6Lil: Aang's already successfully redirected lightning, I think he would learn it eventually, and regardless of the other masters and whether or not the would teach it, I don't see it being anymore rare than metal bending, heck, I'd wager to bet that some experienced Fire Nation soldiers know how to use it.

He redirected it but I wouldn't say he mastered redirection, and it's not like he mastered firebending. Hell with mastering the 4 elements, Avatar State & Energybending there's a good chance Aang would see no need to learn lightning. If they wouldn't teach it (which they wouldn't) how would anyone learn, It's more rare then Metalbending because Toph at least started a metalbending school and a metalbending police corps. So far in the series we've never seen any Fire Nation soldiers use it.

However, we see groups of low class workers on the factory where Mako is working. If low class workers can generate lightning, how come elite firebenders can't?

I don't even know if they are using one. Their stances are genuine for lightning generation though. Besides, we don't see anything attached to them except their working uniforms.

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#632  Edited By Sissel

@Lunacyde said:

Needed for emphasis.

MasterofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#633  Edited By MasterofChaos

I've been falling behind. I need to catch up.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#634  Edited By InnerVenom123
(((Prodigy)))

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#635  Edited By (((Prodigy)))
@Lunacyde said:
@(((Prodigy))) said:
After seeing the most recent episode, I think I've discovered who Toph married: Spider-Man.  Lin Bei Fong is a freakin boss.
Really because after this episode I'm pretty sure it's Wolverine. No one else goes berserker rage on robots with retractable claws like that lol
Okay, so Petey and Logan had a love child, and that child married Toph.
Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#636  Edited By Jnr6Lil

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@The Stegman said:

I don't even know if they are using one. Their stances are genuine for lightning generation though. Besides, we don't see anything attached to them except their working uniforms.

We will never know

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#637  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@The Stegman said:

We will never know

Or maybe we will. I t could be explored further in the last 5 episodes. Also Mako used breath of fire which was supposed to be a pretty rare ability in the original series.
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#638  Edited By Retnex

As dumb as it sounds, someone actually suggested that Asami is Amon. I hate to admit it, but his argument made it seem plausible.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#639  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Retnex said:

As dumb as it sounds, someone actually suggested that Asami is Amon. I hate to admit it, but his argument made it seem plausible.

It's not i assure you. Unless Asami is a shapeshifter.
Retnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#640  Edited By Retnex

@Lunacyde:

What are you referring to?

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#641  Edited By Sissel

@Lunacyde said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@Sissel said:

@Jnr6Lil said:

@The Stegman said:

We will never know

Or maybe we will. I t could be explored further in the last 5 episodes. Also Mako used breath of fire which was supposed to be a pretty rare ability in the original series.

Yes, I supposed that most abilities in the past aren't that hard to learn today with the growing of schools and masters to teach it. The only exception are the secret ones like the Dragon Dance or Blood Bending(though I won't say for sure nobody have learned it by themselves).

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#642  Edited By Dex_Starr

There was also rumor that Mako and Bolin were Sokka and Suki's kids but the time line wouldn't make sense since they would to have been in their 50's or 60's when they were born.

I also don't like how they modernized Avatar. It's creative but I'm not fond of their being automobiles and radios. I'm also glad that pro bending crap is over.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#643  Edited By ReVamp

@Dex_Starr said:

There was also rumor that Mako and Bolin were Sokka and Suki's kids but the time line wouldn't make sense since they would to have been in their 50's or 60's when they were born.

I also don't like how they modernized Avatar. It's creative but I'm not fond of their being automobiles and radios. I'm also glad that pro bending crap is over.

They could be their grand kids. The parents would have to be young as hell, but it could work.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#644  Edited By Dex_Starr

On another note, I f*cking love Amon. Steve Blum always does badass villain voices, he's one of the 3 best animated voice actors IMO [the other 2 being Michael Ironside and Kevin Conroy]

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#645  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@Dex_Starr said:

On another note, I f*cking love Amon. Steve Blum always does badass villain voices, he's one of the 3 best animated voice actors IMO [the other 2 being Michael Ironside and Kevin Conroy]

Not going to lie those are some awesome choices.  

I think Mark Hamill should get an honorable mention though.
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#646  Edited By mikethekiller

So is avatar taking a break cause my cable has this saturdays episode showing up as a repeat on

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#647  Edited By ReVamp

@Lunacyde said:

@Dex_Starr said:

Not going to lie those are some awesome choices. I think Mark Hamill should get an honorable mention though.

Indeed.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#648  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@mikethekiller said:

So is avatar taking a break cause my cable has this saturdays episode showing up as a repeat on

Oh man I hope not. I was getting excited!
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#649  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator
@mikethekiller:  
Dangit you're right i just looked it up and the next episode is scheduled for June 2nd :/
mikethekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#650  Edited By mikethekiller

@Lunacyde said:

@mikethekiller: Dangit you're right i just looked it up and the next episode is scheduled for June 2nd :/

Damn that sucks well at least there's young justice.