#1 Posted by The Stegman (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

The Legend of Korra finally, officially debuted in the U.S so all you Avatar fans, tell me, what did you think of it??? I personally loved it! It had the previous series' humor, the animation was top notch, and Korra was just charming!

#2 Posted by mikethekiller (8287 posts) - - Show Bio

When was this?

#3 Posted by Aiden Cross (15561 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it. I liked Korra better as Aang (so far). Only thing I didn't like so much were the steel benders, I know with the police chief being who she is (i won't spoil) it makes sense, but it should remain a special thing..

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I forgot this finally debuted, I watched it nearly a month ago on YouTube.

Regardless, it was a fantastic pilot episode and I'm ecstatic to see where the series goes.

#5 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a good show and will be something I watch every Saturday but part of me still feels, 4 years too late and just won't have the gradual progession of storyline and characters, Avatar had. This series is a little more faster than Avatar. Actually a lot more. It took Aang 3 seasons to master all 4 elements, and the last episode to master the Avatar State. Here it takes 1 episode for her to learn of just 3 elements.

#6 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: That's true, but I don't think that the point of this series is so much the long progression of mastering the elements. That was the point of Aang's story, Korra's will be different.

#7 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15: But that takes away character development. Mastering Fire & Earth all improved Aang's development as a character.

#8 Posted by The Stegman (22798 posts) - - Show Bio
@mikethekiller: It aired today (USA EST) it comes on Nick Saturdays at 11 Am
#9 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

The animation in this show is on par with high quality anime.......strange that no other shows in America shell out money for this quality, except maybe Young Justice and some Man of Action cartoons, but still, YJ can be stiff sometimes and the MoA cartoons doesn't have the depth or detail that Korra has. I guess studio execs still look at this stuff as cartoons, not seeing the beautiful fluid art it really is.

I definitely like the premise so far, Avatar was amazing, but there some themes in that show I didn't care for. Korra seems to be as if she will be more of a super hero, vigilante type on this show.....I will definitely keep watching  :)

#10 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Avatar had way more development

#11 Posted by jack16ichigo (453 posts) - - Show Bio

I have mixed feelings about this.I don't like how modern the avatar world has become it feels odd i also don't care for Korra herself she doesn't really interest me like Aang did.I'll keep watching but im not sure if its good or bad yet.

#12 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil said:

@cattlebattle: Avatar had way more development

How can you compare?? Korra just started
#13 Posted by mikethekiller (8287 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@mikethekiller: It aired today (USA EST) it comes on Nick Saturdays at 11 Am

Damn...guess I'll just have to catch it next week

#14 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: First episode looks rushed. Series itself seems rushed. Mastering 3 elements, on her way to the 4th, villians already being showned, i mean come on.

#15 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Korra way way way better then Aang all ready ^_^

I like the contrast to the Republic, very European Industrial to the Ancient oriental of the other places.

one dislike is that little sport thing seems like its a big part of the series..

20 bucks on one episode is gonna have a Mecha- Spider or Centipede.

#16 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale: Mecha spider, Might have been done already or might be too advanced

I still say Aang was a more developed character and dealt with more struggle than Korra.

And plus I wouldn't say the Republic is different. The Earth Kingdom and Fire Nation are probably just as developed as Republic City. and Air Temple Island and Water Tribes might not be far off.

#17 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jnr6Lil: In a sense we are catching Korra at the end, so build up won't be as long, plus it's a Mini series

I saying it has a euro feel..well to me.

#18 Edited by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

@Jnr6Lil: In a sense we are catching Korra at the end, so build up won't be as long, plus it's a Mini series

Plus Aang faced a world ending crisis this more like a the old ways are dying, greet the new dawn sort of story...from what I've seen

#19 Posted by Duchess (5993 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it so much, and I'm a die hard fan of the original. Korra is (almost) up there for me with Azula, who I love more than life itself

#20 Posted by Goku1fan (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

I felted that it was messed up. How do you not have Aang in the first episode? Everyone was gone but Kartara. I was the first few min. and I got upset. It's not better than TLA

#21 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus Aang faced a world ending crisis this more like a the old ways are dying, greet the new dawn sort of story...from what I've seen

I guess so.

Anyone think Sokka could've started the Equalists

#22 Posted by The Stegman (22798 posts) - - Show Bio
@Goku1fan:  

I felted that it was messed up. How do you not have Aang in the first episode? Everyone was gone but Kartara. I was the first few min. and I got upset. It's not better than TLA

Cause...Aang's dead...if he were alive then Korra wouldn't be the Avatar, it is 70 years later after all, I'm not surprised many of the old Aang Gang are dead.
#23 Posted by The Stegman (22798 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil:  

Anyone think Sokka could've started the Equalists

meh...I doubt it, Sokka didn't really have any beefs with benders...I bet it's somebody related to the original show, maybe a follower of the Freedom Fighters, or someone who had their lives ruined by benders. .
#24 Posted by WWAJfan (242 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it, as a new comer to this series

#25 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
or someone who had their lives ruined by benders. .
The cabbage salesman??  :)
#26 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Hmm.....Cabbage Merchant?

#27 Posted by The Stegman (22798 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle:  

@The Stegman  said: 

or someone who had their lives ruined by benders. .
The cabbage salesman??  :)
....That would be ridiculously awesome....what if it were like the grandson of the cabbage merchant, out to seek revenge for his grandfather's ruined business?? 

#28 Posted by AssertingValor (5380 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it, but i hope there is lots of adventure like the first series cause thats what kept me watching it.........

#29 Posted by Zauberin (4196 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally found out about it by accident just as it was coming on, but I was glad I did. I liked it, but it made me kinda sad to think of almost everybody dead. It was bittersweet, like nostalgia. Don't worry, the bitter wasn't too bitter to outweigh the sweet.

#30 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Or Aang's non-bending son

It will take a while for this series to outdo Avatar but it can be done. And by the way for anyone that needs a way to bridge the two series.

#31 Edited by The Stegman (22798 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jnr6Lil: You know what...I never thought of that, it could very well be Tenzin's brother! and yes, I'm reading The Promise too.
#32 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Might pick up the Promise tomorrow at my library after church.

And that's most likely who it is. That or just a made up Korra character.

#33 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8846 posts) - - Show Bio

I never really liked Avatar the Last Airbender ,but I really enjoyed this series. I know I will be watching the next episode

#34 Posted by HolySerpent (12433 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe I miss it...

#35 Posted by RWRANIME (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad at all. Production quality shows right away compared to most American products . The more modern setting will take some getting used too after the original had so little modern tech in it. The 4 year wait for the show looks like on first glance to be worth it. Hopefully more than just Katara from the original will make a few guest appearances. Anyone know how long the show is scheduled to run? Will it be 60 episodes like the original or more or less? We already know that Aang, Toph, and Sokka are gone but what about Zuko, Mai, Ty-Lee, and Suki? Hopefully all will get a few moments in the spotlight.

#36 Posted by Sherlock (7191 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally enjoyed the episodes.Too soon for me to tell if it will be as good as TLA but i have high hopes.Alos looking forward to new firepower for the Storm Vs Aang Debate.No i will never let that go NEVER!

#37 Posted by spartan92 (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

does anyone know were i can watch this is good quality online ?

#38 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3827 posts) - - Show Bio

While I lie The Legend of Korra its not up to Aangs leel. It seems as though they are trying to force alot of things in the series. For example whereas Sokka's humor was very natrual whereas the humor in here feels very forced. Also the intro for the show seems a bit stiff but maybe its just me. The creators do have alot of explaining to do for this series though like the two pro-bending brothers unless they're adopted brothers i dont see how they're brothers as one is a fire-bender and the others an Earth-bender. Last time i checked if you're a firebender then most likely your brother will be a firebender or not a bender at all. On the positive side I do like the fact that Korra's personality is completely opposite from Aang's. I do like Tenzin too and i hope we get to see Kaiya and Bumi too but the series feels like it wont live up to Aang's legacy. The original won more than 10 awards including the prestigous Peabody award so lets see where Korra takes us

@Goku1fan said:

Originally when I first read about the show about2 years ago exactly everyone was supposed to be alive but aang now it seems that everyone is dead except Katara which notonly doesnt make sense but is kind of stupid as well. I do hope we find out what happen to Zuko's mom though.

#39 Posted by beggar (17 posts) - - Show Bio

I really enjoyed the first two episodes. This show has a lot to live up to, but it looks like they're on track to be true to the first series and also be original in its own way. The equalists/anti-bending organization seems like a logical progression to the story. I mean, if I was in their world and not a bender, I would be fed up with all the different nations and the hundred year war. Now that the fire nation is out of the way and the fact that there hasn't been an avatar with a public presence sing Aang died, it seems like a perfect time for them to come out and push their cause forward. Am I the only one who thought pro bending would be an awesome video game the first time I saw it? What really killed me though was at the beginning when Tenzin's daughter asked Katara what happened to Zuko's mom and she got cut off! They had better finish that conversation sometime.

#40 Posted by The Stegman (22798 posts) - - Show Bio
@beggar:  

What really killed me though was at the beginning when Tenzin's daughter asked Katara what happened to Zuko's mom and she got cut off! They had better finish that conversation sometime.

It was a joke the writers added in, since the most asked question by fans is "What happened to Zuko's mom?" 

but if you wanna know, I'm almost POSITIVE it will be brought up in the comic mini series "The Promise" which picks up right where The Last Airbender left off and is supposed to bridge the gap between The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra.
#41 Posted by mfundo (1622 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to download and watch it. Without watching it already it's going to be awesome like the first Avatar.

#42 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

The Legend of Korra finally, officially debuted in the U.S so all you Avatar fans, tell me, what did you think of it??? I personally loved it! It had the previous series' humor, the animation was top notch, and Korra was just charming!

IT WAS AWESOME!!! HOPE THEY MAKE A SERIES OUT OF IT!!!

m99

#43 Posted by The Stegman (22798 posts) - - Show Bio
@majestic99: ...It um..is a series, at least a mini series.
#44 Posted by AssertingValor (5380 posts) - - Show Bio

When does the second episode air? next Saturday?.......

#45 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@majestic99: ...It um..is a series, at least a mini series.

I mean I hope it becomes as successful as avatar.

m99

#46 Posted by The Stegman (22798 posts) - - Show Bio
@majestic99: ahhhh gotcha, and yes, I hope so too, the first few episodes of Korra knocked my socks off.
#47 Posted by majestic99 (8638 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

@majestic99: ahhhh gotcha, and yes, I hope so too, the first few episodes of Korra knocked my socks off.

Wait, what? I thought that one-hour premiere WAS the first episode! And what time will it come on from now(I live in Eastern U.S.)

m99

#48 Edited by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a series set for 2 seasons

It has potential but it'll take alot to catch up to ATLA

And for people who missed it you guys act like they don't show reruns :)

#49 Posted by The Stegman (22798 posts) - - Show Bio
@majestic99: Oh, no, I was referring to the one hour premiere, which was actually the first two episodes of the series, and it comes on Saturdays at 11AM
#50 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7680 posts) - - Show Bio

@RWRANIME said:

Not bad at all. Production quality shows right away compared to most American products . The more modern setting will take some getting used too after the original had so little modern tech in it. The 4 year wait for the show looks like on first glance to be worth it. Hopefully more than just Katara from the original will make a few guest appearances. Anyone know how long the show is scheduled to run? Will it be 60 episodes like the original or more or less? We already know that Aang, Toph, and Sokka are gone but what about Zuko, Mai, Ty-Lee, and Suki? Hopefully all will get a few moments in the spotlight.

Zuko, Mai, Ty-Lee, and Suki are probably all dead.@redbird3rdboywonder said:

While I lie The Legend of Korra its not up to Aangs leel. It seems as though they are trying to force alot of things in the series. For example whereas Sokka's humor was very natrual whereas the humor in here feels very forced. Also the intro for the show seems a bit stiff but maybe its just me. The creators do have alot of explaining to do for this series though like the two pro-bending brothers unless they're adopted brothers i dont see how they're brothers as one is a fire-bender and the others an Earth-bender. Last time i checked if you're a firebender then most likely your brother will be a firebender or not a bender at all. On the positive side I do like the fact that Korra's personality is completely opposite from Aang's. I do like Tenzin too and i hope we get to see Kaiya and Bumi too but the series feels like it wont live up to Aang's legacy. The original won more than 10 awards including the prestigous Peabody award so lets see where Korra takes us

@Goku1fan said:

Originally when I first read about the show about2 years ago exactly everyone was supposed to be alive but aang now it seems that everyone is dead except Katara which notonly doesnt make sense but is kind of stupid as well. I do hope we find out what happen to Zuko's mom though.

One of their parents is Earth Kingdom, the other Fire Nation.