• 53 results
one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By one_upper

What should the International Community do about the threat of Iranian Nuclear Weapons? Is the threat real? What should we all do about it? Who is threatened by Iran's proceedings? What do you think?

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Night Thrasher

China, North Korea, Pakistan all have Nuclear weapons right now. Every superpower that has nuclear weapons also has an enemy that has them. Turkey and Isreal also have nuclear weapons. So if they have them, they won't use them. Why risk sending off one when three could come back to you in return? We can't really stop them from getting the weapons, but we can insure that Isreal and Turkey are VERY well armed for a retaliation and make it known.

MoodyKingMoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By MoodyKingMoron

Iran is a paper tiger. Even if they had a nuke, they have no real effective delivery system. North Korea is just as insan and unstable and nuclear armed yet the missles they shoot blow up within seconds of liftoff. Plus, you have to consider that Iran depite its reputation of being an insane Islamic theocracy is like any country on Earth: concerned with expanding and maintaining its interests. Using a nuke, even on Israel, their number one enemy would amount to political suicide. Because Iran was willing to fire off a nuke, now every country will consider them a threat to stability. What them having a nuke means is that they have a bargaining chip. Even the benefcator states, Russia and China aren't willing to back them up if they keep this aggressive stance. Despite the media telling you World War III is around the corner, I doubt things are going to get that serious.

And before people start talking about the Jihad mentality inside the Iranian leadership, I liken the Iranian government to Catholic controlled Europe during the Middle Ages. Its doubtful that they actually believe in what they preach and they simply use their religion to control the masses and ensure their wealth and power is unchallenged.

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By one_upper

@Night Thrasher: I don't think we need to ensure anything....Israel already has enough nukes to level every square inch of Iran and they will use them if attacked.

Avatar image for thewholedamnshow
TheWholeDamnShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheWholeDamnShow

Instead of wasting money to help start a Nuclear Holocaust, how about we use the money to build some Star Wars battle clones.

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By one_upper

Moreover we can't afford to be sucked into another conflict in the Middle East. In these uncertain times the dangerous wasteful spending of money and increase in the deficit are more dangerous to us as a country than Iran possibly obtaining a nuclear weapon that won't be possible to effect the U.S. for at least another 5-10 years.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gravitypress

Iran just wants fair treatment. We have been screwing with them since 1953.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Iran having nukes is no worse than Israel having them. Any religious nation with their hand on a button is very dangerous (including 'merica)

Agreed.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By cyberninja

As Americans we should all obey our master namely Israel and do what Israel told us to do which is to be against Iran and their pursuit of nuclear energy.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#11  Edited By Deadcool

Actually I am more scared of the USA...

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By TheWitchingHour

@MoodyKingMoron said:

Iran is a paper tiger. Even if they had a nuke, they have no real effective delivery system. North Korea is just as insan and unstable and nuclear armed yet the missles they shoot blow up within seconds of liftoff. Plus, you have to consider that Iran depite its reputation of being an insane Islamic theocracy is like any country on Earth: concerned with expanding and maintaining its interests. Using a nuke, even on Israel, their number one enemy would amount to political suicide. Because Iran was willing to fire off a nuke, now every country will consider them a threat to stability. What them having a nuke means is that they have a bargaining chip. Even the benefcator states, Russia and China aren't willing to back them up if they keep this aggressive stance. Despite the media telling you World War III is around the corner, I doubt things are going to get that serious.

And before people start talking about the Jihad mentality inside the Iranian leadership, I liken the Iranian government to Catholic controlled Europe during the Middle Ages. Its doubtful that they actually believe in what they preach and they simply use their religion to control the masses and ensure their wealth and power is unchallenged.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

one_upper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By one_upper

@Deadcool said:

Reasoning?

EugeneSaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EugeneSaxe

1-The international community should have no say in whether they have nukes. Nobody demands we de-nuke, who are we to tell them they can't "defend" themselves like so many other countries do.

2-I'm sure Iran, like every other country in the world, realizes that they may strike first, but someone else will strike last. And there's a lot of countries waiting in that line.

3-I'm more concerned with some terrorist organization getting hold of one.

Avatar image for magneticshockwave
MagneticShockwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All countries need to save their nukes for asteroids, comets and alien invasion. PERIOD.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By MrDirector786

@MagneticShockwave said:

All countries need to save their nukes for asteroids, comets and alien invasion. PERIOD.

But what if the aliens have shields that can defend themselves from nukes?

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@MrDirector786 said:

@MagneticShockwave said:

Or what if we don't have Ben Affleck and Bruce Willis to drill holes for us to administer said nukes?

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Night Thrasher

@one_upper: True, but Israel alone is not a deterrence. And also Israel is kinda an a-hole in the Middle East. Nobody likes them there not only for the "Holy Land" issues, but also b/c they are kinda douche-y.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By PikminMania

@MrDirector786 said:

@MagneticShockwave said:

Then be prepared to bow down to your alien overlords.

@cyberninja said:

As Americans we should all obey our master namely Israel and do what Israel told us to do which is to be against Iran and their pursuit of nuclear energy.

Its not like Israel isn't helping America in any way, they supply high tech weapons and train US soldiers. If you ask me, Israel deserved the land it has considering that Israel had to defeat three countries at once in six days for the land. They won it fair and square, people need to get over it.

The only country I have a problem with obtaining nuclear weapons is North Korea. The reason for that is almost all of the United Nations has told them to stop, yet they refuse.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Deadcool

@one_upper said:

@Deadcool said:

Reasoning?

Is the country that has the largest amount of weapons of mass destruction.

Mekboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mekboy

@Deadcool: Actually that's Russia

MagneticShockwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deadcool:  

Russia has the most nukes. Then china, but the USA has the Satellite Cannons.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PikminMania

@Night Thrasher said:

@one_upper: True, but Israel alone is not a deterrence. And also Israel is kinda an a-hole in the Middle East. Nobody likes them there not only for the "Holy Land" issues, but also b/c they are kinda douche-y.

Everyone hates Israel because they are such a scape goat that eventually a lot of people started thinking that Jews really are evil IMO. And yeah I'll admit that I'm a big Israel supporter.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24  Edited By MrDirector786

@Deadcool said:

@one_upper said:

@Deadcool said:

Reasoning?

Is the country that has the largest amount of weapons of mass destruction.

Weapons of mass destruction aren't just nukes. Biological, chemical, and other types of weapons are also considered weapons of mass destruction. And as others have said, Russia has the most nukes anyway.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Deadcool

@Mekboy: @MagneticShockwave:

I am sorry, I confused the number of Nuclear Weapon Testing with the number of Nuclear Weapons,

@MagneticShockwave said:

@Deadcool: Russia has the most nukes. Then china, but the USA has the Satellite Cannons.

China is the fourth in Wikipedia's list.

MagneticShockwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deadcool said:

@Mekboy: @MagneticShockwave:

I am sorry, I confused the number of Nuclear Weapon Testing with the number of Nuclear Weapons,

@MagneticShockwave said:

@Deadcool: Russia has the most nukes. Then china, but the USA has the Satellite Cannons.

China is the fourth in Wikipedia's list.

I also think that Russia is the only ones that have the largest nukes. 
China probably has the fourth now, because they've been shooting down asteroids.
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Deadcool

@MagneticShockwave: Recently they created a Super-Cumputer that design weapons.

MagneticShockwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Deadcool said:

@MagneticShockwave: Recently they created a Super-Cumputer that design weapons.

Oh greeaaat. The Terminator Era has begun. What's the company name? Skynet?
Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Deadcool

@MagneticShockwave: LOL, the name of the computer is Tianhe-1A.

MagneticShockwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Deadcool

@MagneticShockwave: Again! Oh well... I actually saw that coming.

Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Night Thrasher

@PikminMania said:

@Night Thrasher said:

Everyone hates Israel because they are such a scape goat that eventually a lot of people started thinking that Jews really are evil IMO. And yeah I'll admit that I'm a big Israel supporter.

I support Israel as well. However, we can't act as if they are completely innocent. They have done more than their fair share of instigating problems in the area. They backhanded way they acquired Nuclear Weapons and also the West Bank situation comes to mind. I won't say that they're evil. I will say that Israel is a little bit sneaky.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mortein

@MrDirector786 said:

@MagneticShockwave said:

then we blow up the earth!

F#ck you aliens!!

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By SuperTide

How is Israel America's master?Always heard it was the other way around.Always heard that Israel would be wiped off the map if the United States didn't support them.
Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Primmaster64
@Lunacyde said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@MagneticShockwave said:

Or what if we don't have Ben Affleck and Bruce Willis to drill holes for us to administer said nukes?

But what if we don't have Will Smith to punch those aliens when they arrive?
difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By difficlus

@MoodyKingMoron said:

good stuff!!!

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@PikminMania said:

@Night Thrasher said:

No, everyone hates Israel because they get preferential treatment from Europe and the U.S., and because you have to admit they are pretty hostile bastards. Not that I blame them. In their situation they kind of have to be aggressive to defend themselves.

I'm not saying Jews are evil, just that there are some solid reasons many people don't like Israel.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@SuperTide said:

How is Israel America's master?Always heard it was the other way around.Always heard that Israel would be wiped off the map if the United States didn't support them.

I think what people mean is that we come to Israel's aid whenever they need it like we're a teenage boy wrapped around a hot chick's finger.

Meanwhile we really get very little out of helping them so much.

SuperTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By SuperTide
@Lunacyde said:

@SuperTide said:

I think what people mean is that we come to Israel's aid whenever they need it like we're a teenage boy wrapped around a hot chick's finger.

Meanwhile we really get very little out of helping them so much.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Daveyo520

I am sure all of this is going to blow over without anything bad actually happening. At least I hope so.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@Daveyo520 said:

I am sure all of this is going to blow over without anything bad actually happening. At least I hope so.

Good man.

Glass half full type, I like it.

WildValentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By WildValentine
@MoodyKingMoron said:

Iran is a paper tiger. Even if they had a nuke, they have no real effective delivery system. North Korea is just as insan and unstable and nuclear armed yet the missles they shoot blow up within seconds of liftoff.

I totally agree with this. I was watching the news segments closely (from US and British outlets) and it appears as though Iran's offensive capabilities are VERY limited. Their missiles can only travel some 150+ miles or so. Of course, that's a problem for their surrounding neighbors, but if outside force put their foot down on Iran, they would have no real retaliation capabilities. 

Plus, Amadijhaned or however you spell his name, is legitimately bonkers. He's making a lot of enemies at UN Council Meetings with his antics.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@WildValentine: I just don't understand why so many people are getting so worked up about it. I mean yeah, lets monitor thewir progress and keep an eye on them, but really.

Attacking them will only kick the can down the road anyways. They have the know-how, we can't hold them backl forever, and honestly we shouldn't they are a sovereign nation.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PikminMania

@Lunacyde said:

@PikminMania said:

@Night Thrasher said:

No, everyone hates Israel because they get preferential treatment from Europe and the U.S., and because you have to admit they are pretty hostile bastards. Not that I blame them. In their situation they kind of have to be aggressive to defend themselves.

I'm not saying Jews are evil, just that there are some solid reasons many people don't like Israel.

Well that's the thing, they wouldn't be hostile if they weren't surrounded by countries who are trying to kill them every day of the week. The media (who a lot of people say Jews control apparently) also don't help their case, since they are constantly blaming them for stuff and not showing the good things Israel has done. Did you know Israel was one of the first countries to help out Haiti. Not a lot of people did, because no one bothered talking about that. As a matter of fact, there is an entire originization built that shows how the media has ruined the reputation of Israel.

Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@PikminMania: When you take Holy Land from one group of people and give it to another people right in the middle of a very Muslim dominated section of the world it's kind of unavoidable.

WildValentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By WildValentine
@Lunacyde said:

@WildValentine: I just don't understand why so many people are getting so worked up about it. I mean yeah, lets monitor thewir progress and keep an eye on them, but really.

Attacking them will only kick the can down the road anyways. They have the know-how, we can't hold them backl forever, and honestly we shouldn't they are a sovereign nation.

Oh I'm not worked up about it, I just find it very interesting. I think someone people get too concerned, though. I'm a firm believer in causality, and the worst will only happen if someone makes an incredibly bad decision - which I doubt. On the subject of monitoring, I think it's the UN's responsibility to make sure peace extends across the entire world. I mean, everyone saw the absolute horror and desolation of the atomic bombs in Japan, so its humanity's responsibility to ensure we don't ever do something as horrific as that again.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

@WildValentine: Oh, I didn't mean you when I said people are getting worked up lol.

I more so was talking about how the Republican Candidates seem to be drumming up all this hate and fear over the topic.

WildValentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By WildValentine
@Lunacyde said:

@WildValentine: Oh, I didn't mean you when I said people are getting worked up lol.

I more so was talking about how the Republican Candidates seem to be drumming up all this hate and fear over the topic.

Ah! Totally agree with you. Mass media has a tendency of missing the major facts in replacement for emotional impact - after all, it guarantees greater sales.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

Nothing sells better than Armageddon

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By PikminMania

@Lunacyde said:

@PikminMania: When you take Holy Land from one group of people and give it to another people right in the middle of a very Muslim dominated section of the world it's kind of unavoidable.

True but most likely if Israel was put anywhere but n ext to USA they'd get attacked, like I said, they are huge scape goats that many countries hate due to this. And yeah Israel has been pretty sneaky, but

they have also done countless good deeds that the media has overlooked completely.