The hunt for 3D covers!

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

I'm just wondering how well this gimmick is working in your neck of the woods and the 2D covers too. I myself could not resist it considering I dont have that immunity most people claims to have by saying its the 90's again because I just barely got into comics. My store where I have my pull list got shorted a Lobo one so I had to go to the other which was selling all 3D covers for 15 bucks... needless to say I bought it. I heard on a a CV podcast that they sold out theirs, the Secret Stash (comic book men) sold out most of theirs with only a few left and the two stores in my town sold out most even the one that was selling them at 15. Also have you been able to resist? How many 3D covers do you have? And how many did you get shorted?

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Jokergeist

@hero92: I couldn't resist......I bought all of them. Spent over $260, and I'll spend another $130 tomorrow.

Sincerely,

No Caption Provided

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By lifeboy

I saw a 'pre-sale' for the Jokers Daughter on ebay for $ 61 and it was at 21 bidds. Yeah that comic character is going to be a big badass, but people are too greedy the way they are selling these. Everyone is just trying to profit. Everyone.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

@hero92: I couldn't resist......I bought all of them. Spent over $260, and I'll spend another $130 tomorrow.

Sincerely,

I could never do that. Thinking of spending that much on comics due to covers makes me physically ill. >.<

anthonygiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up all of them so far.

I go to this great comic store that sells them for cover and if you pick up all of them, you get a huge percentage off each comic. I picked them up because most of them are on my pull list except for maybe 8-10. But for the percentage off, it comes up being cheaper than buying the ones I want. It's great.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

There actually selling out quickly at my LCS. It's not a huge shop so they don't get loads to begin with though.

I've picked up five so far, with only three of them being the 3D covers. I'm only planning on getting two tomorrow, Dial E and Black Hand.

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By thespideyguy

My LCS pull them for me, they charge cover price.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

My LCS pull them for me, they charge cover price.

this, if i new jokers daughter would be huge id would have ordered like 10 issues.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I only got Relic, Darkseid, Deadshot, and Lobo, none this week. but two next week. There's some characters that I don't love.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

Honestly I hate this. All i personally want to do is read the god damn comics. but yeah our store has been selling them at 12.99 a piece. but on our website the price varies depending on the Issue. I just personally want to read Riddler, The Rogues, Black Manta, and Lex Luthor. that is it.

and yes its like the 90's again with these F***ing covers.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Ive been able to get most of mine for cover Price except the Lobo one. my shopping list adds up to 28 total this month.

Santa Maria! how much are you paying per book? Even if each book cost 5 thats only 260 plust tax.

Jokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hero92: At my Local Comic Shop, they bumped the prices to $10 bucks each ^_^