The 'How I would have done it' thread

Avatar image for soldier_kingston
Soldier_Kingston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This is a thread where people confront their issues over things like comic books, movies, tv series etc. by suggesting the alternative ways that they would have handled it. These issues may be due to plot or characters.

How I would have done it: Anakin Skywalker

Many people had issues with the portrayal of Anakin Skywalker in the prequels. Most of these concerns were to do with his casting. Personally, I didn't have a problem with Hayden Christensen. I agree that he played Anakin as moody and slightly annoying, but I think that's just due to how he was written in the script. The problem that I had with Anakin was that even though we knew from the start that he would turn to the darkside, there wasn't any shock factor to it. I know they wanted to portray him in a human manner, but I didn't really believe that he was some kind of chosen one who was destined to bring balance to the force. They should have toned down his arrogance and made him seem more virtuous and possibly even humble. I would have dedicated more film time to show him killing unsuspecting Jedis, just to show how far he's fallen. However, I do think that they handled his inner demons correctly. The death of his mother and the way he reacted against the sand people would have been more effective if it haunted him more in private and contrasted against his 'chosen one' personality. Finally, I would'nt have used Padme's impending doom as his motivation to slide into the darkside. Instead, I would have had her death be the final trigger that makes him snap. The twist of course would be that she wouldn't actually be dead, but Anakin would not know that, which would give the story a more tragic Romeo and Juliet theme to it. But of course this wouldn't last for too long, as I wouldn't want the audience to feel too sorry for his character. I want them to see the evil, badass character that we know from the original series he will come to be.

So that's what I would handle differently. What about you guys?

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

good thread.

Hayden86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This is a thread where people confront their issues over things like comic books, movies, tv series etc. by suggesting the alternative ways that they would have handled it. These issues may be due to plot or characters.

How I would have done it: Anakin Skywalker

Many people had issues with the portrayal of Anakin Skywalker in the prequels. Most of these concerns were to do with his casting. Personally, I didn't have a problem with Hayden Christensen. I agree that he played Anakin as moody and slightly annoying, but I think that's just due to how he was written in the script. The problem that I had with Anakin was that even though we knew from the start that he would turn to the darkside, there wasn't any shock factor to it. I know they wanted to portray him in a human manner, but I didn't really believe that he was some kind of chosen one who was destined to bring balance to the force. They should have toned down his arrogance and made him seem more virtuous and possibly even humble. I would have dedicated more film time to show him killing unsuspecting Jedis, just to show how far he's fallen. However, I do think that they handled his inner demons correctly. The death of his mother and the way he reacted against the sand people would have been more effective if it haunted him more in private and contrasted against his 'chosen one' personality. Finally, I would'nt have used Padme's impending doom as his motivation to slide into the darkside. Instead, I would have had her death be the final trigger that makes him snap. The twist of course would be that she wouldn't actually be dead, but Anakin would not know that, which would give the story a more tragic Romeo and Juliet theme to it. But of course this wouldn't last for too long, as I wouldn't want the audience to feel too sorry for his character. I want them to see the evil, badass character that we know from the original series he will come to be.

So that's what I would handle differently. What about you guys?

Tell me how long have you felt ziss way ?

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

How I would have done it: Stormtroopers

Give them a proper firearm training!

Avatar image for soldier_kingston
Soldier_Kingston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hayden86: I haven't felt it for too long. I just think about it the more I watch the film and also whenever I hear people give their opinions on the prequels, which in my opinion have recieved more hate than they deserved

magnablue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If I was batman then I would kill the criminals

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yu Yu Hakusho - Rando would not have been fodder villain. I would have saved his character for much later in the story and would have had some other character be the bad guy of the Genkia tournament. Rando (IMO) should have been much stronger than he was in the series, dude killed 99 psychics and took all of their abilities, and learned the Spirit Gun just by seeing it done once. If they had made him an A or S class and saved him for later in the story he would have been much cooler and much more menacing IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Ball Z: Gohan loses his arm in the battle with Cell rather than simply having it damaged. The series ends with an epilogue where we see an adult Gohan with a cybernetic arm as well as Goten and kid Trunks. There would then be a second series that follows the adventures of Cyborg Gohan as the new protector of Earth. I'm actually working on this, but I've been having writers block lately and it's not going anywhere at the moment.