Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Well.

Microsoft sucks.

EDIT:
Think this over. When you buy a game, you get a code to input into your xbox via internet connection. No internet? Sorry. No game.

Once this code is used, it's set to your console. No playing that particular game on a friends console. So no more borrowing a game, unless ofcoarse your friend will pay a fee to play it on his console.

Buying a used game from Gamestop? Pay whatever price at Gamestop, then pay another price to get a new code to input into your xbox one.

Crap.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Whats the problem?

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

So you have to pay to play a game at your friends house?...

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous:

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

Not if your friends already bought it

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@biteme_fanboy said:

@jonny_anonymous:

Okay. So no more: "Hey dude I bought the new Halo! The multiplayer is badass!" "Really? Bring it over and we can play it!"

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@biteme_fanboy said:

@jonny_anonymous:

Okay. So no more: "Hey dude I bought the new Halo! The multiplayer is badass!" "Really? Bring it over and we can play it!"

He can just come over to your house instead.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

STILL lame. "My mom says no one can come over". and no more "Can I borrow that game during the weekend?"

Also, how will used games work? When you buy a new game it has a code that works ONCE. So when you buy a used game from Gamestop for lets say $30, you will have to then pay another price to play it on your Xbox.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8 JediXMan  Moderator

The new gaming generation looks like it will be a great success.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

This is as bad as fucking EA..... like damn...

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lux_Invictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lux_Invictus

Greedy bastards. I hope the new gen systems flop. Highly doubtful, but I can still hope. I'm also saving up for a PC. This is ridiculous.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

Well.

Microsoft sucks.

EDIT:

Think this over. When you buy a game, you get a code to input into your xbox via internet connection. No internet? Sorry. No game.

Once this code is used, it's set to your console. No playing that particular game on a friends console. So no more borrowing a game, unless ofcoarse your friend will pay a fee to play it on his console.

Buying a used game from Gamestop? Pay whatever price at Gamestop, then pay another price to get a new code to input into your xbox one.

Crap.

xbox ....order a playstation 4

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog:

ps4 is going to dominate this gen... I may even try to buy a pc...in fact the only reason I haven't is because its more convenient to have a console in my dorm than to try to build a pc. but this xbox......its like a big middle finger to true gamers the world over

SpideyPresence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate to admit it, but Xbox's future isn't looking so bright.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King_Saturn

Well that sucks... maybe a Playstation 4 is a better route to go after all ?

JLDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wow, are they serious?

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Alright, so much ignorance in this thread that I had to jump in. First off yes, Xbox One needs an Internet Connection to run. The problem being? So does a PC, mobile device or any sort of technology these days. It's called adaptation.

Secondly, once a game is purchased, you insert the physical disc into the Xbox, the game becomes installed to the hard drive and the physical copy is no longer needed. If you want to lend your game to a friend, simply uninstall the game and your friend is good to go or they could apparently pay a fee and you both can utilize the same copy. It's simply done to force gamers to purchase their own copy.

Why is this not a problem? Because the same thing occurs with physicals copies in this console generation. You have a game, your friend wants to borrow it and you hand it to them. You cannot play it because there is only ONE physical copy. It's the same thing with Microsoft's next-gen plan, simply with a more integrated system. Get over it.

People should be happy that used games are actually still capable of being played. Also, how do you know the PS4 doesn't do the exact same thing? Sony focused so much on the games that they spent almost no time discussing how the system itself operates and the way games are played. The only thing they've somewhat confirmed is that the PS4 does NOT block used games. That is literally all we know from a technical stand-point.

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, so much ignorance in this thread that I had to jump in. First off yes, Xbox One needs an Internet Connection to run. The problem being? So does a PC, mobile device or any sort of technology these days. It's called adaptation.

Secondly, once a game is purchased, you insert the physical disc into the Xbox, the game becomes installed to the hard drive and the physical copy is no longer needed. If you want to lend your game to a friend, simply uninstall the game and your friend is good to go or they could apparently pay a fee and you both can utilize the same copy. It's simply done to force gamers to purchase their own copy.

Why is this not a problem? Because the same thing occurs with physicals copies in this console generation. You have a game, your friend wants to borrow it and you hand it to them. You cannot play it because there is only ONE physical copy. It's the same thing with Microsoft's next-gen plan, simply with a more integrated system. Get over it.

People should be happy that used games are actually still capable of being played. Also, how do you know the PS4 doesn't do the exact same thing? Sony focused so much on the games that they spent almost no time discussing how the system itself operates and the way games are played. The only thing they've somewhat confirmed is that the PS4 does NOT block used games. That is literally all we know from a technical stand-point.

calm down. its just opinions based on games. gee wiz

Gwahlur_Rising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hate to admit it, but Xbox's future isn't looking so bright.

This.

Except for the "hate to admit it" part. I will cackle gleefully as they descend into oblivion.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One more reason not to buy it.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@deranged_midget: Your post has failed to change my opinion on what we know so far on the X-Box One.

1. Required internet connection to play a console is retarded.

2. Having to uninstall my game when letting a friend borrow my game sucks. Paying a fee to play a borrowed game sucks.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bogey

LOL.. Not like I was going mess with an X-BOX anyways.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

damn guess I have to switch back to Playstation. I had PS2 and was going to get PS3 but all my highschool friends had XBOX360 at the time and I wanted to play with them.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

They still make X-Box?? LMAO.

Avatar image for greatcaesarsghost
GreatCaesarsGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman said:

damn guess I have to switch back to Playstation. I had PS2 and was going to get PS3 but all my highschool friends had XBOX360 at the time and I wanted to play with them.

Same boat.

If I have to pay to play online, then I won't be buying that system to be honest.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I think you're all forgetting the worst part.

It looks like a goddamn DVD player.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Tacos_Kickass

Stopped playing consoles a while ago when I noticed a trend of crappy games that are really easy to beat costing $60, Ive noticed every gen of console the price for games raise by about $10 so if that trend continues theres no way in hell I would pay $70 a game.

Violens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

ahhhhhhh steam is so good.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Your post has failed to change my opinion on what we know so far on the X-Box One.

2. Having to uninstall my game when letting a friend borrow my game sucks. Paying a fee to play a borrowed game sucks.

You don't need an internet connection to play your console. You need the internet connection for certain features certainly, like MP or streaming tv/movies. If you don't believe me, straight from the mouth of Dan Mattrick http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/1x6o6u/gt-tv-behind-the-scenes-of-xbox-one you don't even need to watch the whole thing, just the first minute and a half.

Now as far as uninstalling and what not for sharing games, I haven't heard anything about that and only from Kotaku, or message boards, and one source does not make that reliable information.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

@biteme_fanboy: no you pay to play the same game at the same time on 2 seperate systems. If I lend you a game I can't pay it while you have it, if you can pay a small fee to play the game the same time as me it saves you money because you didn't A. Pay $60 for a game you might not like that much or B. Pay 30+10+who knows for DLC for the same game from GameStop.

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

@biteme_fanboy said:

You don't need an internet connection to play your console. You need the internet connection for certain features certainly, like MP or streaming tv/movies. If you don't believe me, straight from the mouth of Dan Mattrick http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/1x6o6u/gt-tv-behind-the-scenes-of-xbox-one you don't even need to watch the whole thing, just the first minute and a half.

Now as far as uninstalling and what not for sharing games, I haven't heard anything about that and only from Kotaku, or message boards, and one source does not make that reliable information.

So you don't need an internet connection to put your code in so your game will install?.. If that's the case then thats not too bad I reckon.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wavemotioncannon: This is true as well, although they confirmed that if you were to bring your account along with your or recover it at a friend's house, then there would be no problem with installing the game on his hard drive either.

@sog7dc: This entire thread has people losing their cool, I'm simply addressing inconsistencies because gamers adore to complain and are never satisfied ;)

Your post has failed to change my opinion on what we know so far on the X-Box One.

My goal is not to change your opinion on the Xbox One, I don't really care what system you choose as it's your choice. My only reason for posting was to address the inconsistencies.

Everything requires an internet connection, it's 2013 mate. How do you think the world will operate by the end of this decade? And that user just further supported the Xbox's lack of a constant connection just to play games.

Heh, the lending of a game is absolutely no different with the full physical use of discs in this or any past generation. You have a game, your friend wants to borrow it? Sure, you hand them the physical copy and thus, only ONE of you play it. It is the exact same thing with this next gen and not only that, PC has been doing that for over a decade as well. It's nothing new mate.

I'm not jumping on Microsoft's boat here, I just find it funny because Sony took the time to showcase the games that their system will have while barely detailing how their system will operate. Don't get me wrong, I was impressed with what the PS4 could accomplish with some of the next-gen graphics and what-not but they didn't even bother to explain how their architecture operates.

Microsoft dropped the ball in terms of gaming ,we all know that, but look at it from this standpoint. For this reveal, they instead have decided to get the boring details out of the way. What the box does besides gaming, how it operates, what it runs on, etc. That way, E3 rolls around and they can almost entirely focus on the games.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By theTimeStreamer

mod chips will sell like nothing else

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: I gotta be honest here though. The press conference should get u excited and inquisitive about the product. After Sony went I was excited about the ps4 and wanted to know more. With microsofts I'm still inquisitive but I am concerned. I mean if that was all they planned to show yesterday then I think they should have waited til e3. And how about a little more transparency from

Both Sony and Microsoft in regards to how used games will work. Because alot of people can't afford a game when it comes out. There are alot of xbox owners who don't have alot of disposable income to spend on Internet and a used game fee....I'm concerned but still listening to c if I will purchase one or both

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sog7dc said:

@deranged_midget: I gotta be honest here though. The press conference should get u excited and inquisitive about the product. After Sony went I was excited about the ps4 and wanted to know more. With microsofts I'm still inquisitive but I am concerned. I mean if that was all they planned to show yesterday then I think they should have waited til e3. And how about a little more transparency from

Both Sony and Microsoft in regards to how used games will work. Because alot of people can't afford a game when it comes out. There are alot of xbox owners who don't have alot of disposable income to spend on Internet and a used game fee....I'm concerned but still listening to c if I will purchase one or both

You are correct. Sony did right by piquing the interest of every gamer out there while Microsoft decided to showcase the casual end of things and the technical specs. But from my perspective, they got the boring stuff out of the way and can now focus almost entirely on gaming once E3 roles around and I think that was their plan from the get-go. It's annoying that we have to wait yes, but it all would've been said at one point or another.

Sony on the other hand, have discussed almost nothing in regards to how the system operates, what it's capabilities are (aside from basic assumptions), how it will run games, etc. So in turn, they will have to discuss that boring side of things at E3 instead of being able to focus on games.

It's a two-side coin mate.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Xbox always sucked

I hate the controller

Playstation MASTER RACE!!!! UAHAHAHAAHHAHAAH

PS: but seriously Playstation and Nintendo it's where's at - screw Micro

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jorgevy: does xbox have any other good exclusive besides halo?

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Well this is melodramatic.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jorgevy: does xbox have any other good exclusive besides halo?

not that I can think of, but as I said I don't like Xbox. but I'm sure they have a few more, I just don't think they are worth it

SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Agreed. Although I will say this. I wish that gaming systems were just about games. That all the energy went into molding a more perfect gaming experience. The entertainment hub I can do without. If they made a box strictly for entertainment I might buy it. But personally I want my video game consoles built fr videogames and videogames alone

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Everything requires an internet connection? I'm sorry to be rude, I've always found you reasonable before, but that is a lie.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jorgevy said:

Xbox always sucked

I hate the controller

Playstation MASTER RACE!!!! UAHAHAHAAHHAHAAH

PS: but seriously Playstation and Nintendo it's where's at - screw Micro

Hey the first Xbox was actually good, but this is just bull****

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jorgevy

@frogdog: yeah the first one was good, I still prefered PS though

never liked the freaking controller

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jorgevy: To be fair, sony has a bigger variety than mircosoft. The 360 reduced it to 50 shades of brown shooters during the middle of it's cycle.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#46  Edited By SupremeHyperion

can't believe anyone would consider buying a WiiU.... oh gawd all credibility lost

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sunman: Thats exactly what happened to me...And then everyone got a damn PS3

Also I'm not paying a red cent just to borrow a damn game. My brother come's over my house all the time with games for us to play. If I have to buy a code just to play it than Xbox can kiss my @ss

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By frogdog

@supremehyperion said:

can't believe anyone would consider buying a WiiU.... oh gawd all credibility lost

Anyone considering to buy the Xbox one has no credibility period.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

Well.

Microsoft sucks.

EDIT:

Crap.

Now, I utterly believe that Microsoft have dug themselves quite a hole with some of the features they've announced, not to mention that if you live outside of the US, you won't have an initial access to a majority of the "bonuses" they touted in the announcement. But, in regards to the last point; I recently read that they haven't give any details on exactly how the used game deal will work, apparently they're "working" on a press release. Presumably, they wouldn't destroy the industry by asking users to pay twice for the product.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

the wiiU is the only next gen console never to be as good as the last gen..... pretty sure WiiU fans can't wait for the new IPhone 2 to come out.