• 138 results
MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By MakkyD

@mandarinestro: Huh, didn't think all my three guesses would potentially be correct.

I've heard the Comanche were pretty strong and one of the reason the Spanish didn't expand as much into North America. They actually pushed into colonist lands rather than the reverse also, iirc. The iroquois was technically several tribe combined so they've that, but they didn't have as much time to develop western tactics and such compared to the Western US tribes. I'm don't know how strong the Apache were as a nation rather than their famous warriours, but your list seems sound enough.

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@maccyd: Yes, I recall the Iroquois to be a confederation of tribes led by one chieftain called Tecumseh. They caused quite some trouble for the US in 1812.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The USSR always seem to get the short end of the stick in discussion about WW2 even though they contributed the most to the Allied side, anyone else notice this?

theshinygible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

More advertising for my thread...sorry for being an ass.

I have a CaV tournament on the battles thread. I noticed the Comanche was mentioned on this thread and there's actually a comanche in my tournament. If you like debating and know about military history, check this link:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/cav-greatest-warriors-tournament-2-0-1676708/

But to make sure this thread doesn't go completely off track, I'll add this:

I think the British Empire was undoubtedly the greatest of all time. Agree? Disagree?

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By kfhrfdu_89_76k

Before the European settlers entered the game, Native Americans hunted many of North Americas species in to extinction or to the brink of it, because they thought the great spirit would take care of maintaining the balance.