#51 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus: I'd have to call BS on that part he does nothing original and doesn't even do his tricks clean, boardslides/lipslides and kickflips aren't exactly the hardest tricks to do. I've been skating since I was 13 :P
#52 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" According to the Email I just got from Allhiphop.com.Some wack ass rapper named Wocka Flocka Flames who runs with Gucci Man and OJ The Juiceman got shot. "
is he dead?
#53 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" According to the Email I just got from Allhiphop.com.Some wack ass rapper named Wocka Flocka Flames who runs with Gucci Man and OJ The Juiceman got shot. "
It's funny how all three of them are garbage and run in the same clique. Wocka Flocka probably got shot for a reason, anyway.
#54 Posted by King Saturn (222793 posts) - - Show Bio
Royce Da 5'9'' is slowly but surely climbing into my top 10... his lastest album was good... and he is a best on Mixtapes
#55 Posted by DaMan (1283 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"Royce Da 5'9'' is slowly but surely climbing into my top 10... his lastest album was good... and he is a best on Mixtapes "
The Bar Exam was a good mixtape. He's coming out with the 3rd Bar Exam now. 
  
  
  
  
#56 Posted by King Saturn (222793 posts) - - Show Bio
very nice
#57 Posted by Vance Astro (90726 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agent Buttons said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" According to the Email I just got from Allhiphop.com.Some wack ass rapper named Wocka Flocka Flames who runs with Gucci Man and OJ The Juiceman got shot. "
is he dead? "
I don't know.I didn't read it..the title of the email was "Wocka Flocka shot".
Moderator
#58 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

He isn't that good.

#59 Posted by Britt601 (456 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @Britt601 said:
 Hip Hop, to me, has become about all the crazy dance moves that burn out too quickly.  Hip-Hop from the old days is what I'm knockin' right now. "
That's not hip-hop...it's pop. "

Any way you look at it, dancing is still a part of hip-hop culture, no matter how "pop" it seems.  Pac, Kanye, Lupe Fiasco, DJ Quik, The Game... and that's it for me.
#60 Posted by Lunacyde (17387 posts) - - Show Bio

Tupac had a beauty to his music that I rarely see today. That's why he is probably my favorite rapper.

#61 Posted by Owen_Porter (83163 posts) - - Show Bio
@Britt601 said:
"  With no disrespect to anyone, Hip Hop, to me, has become about all the crazy dance moves that burn out too quickly.  Hip-Hop from the old days is what I'm knockin' right now. "
Co-Signed. Hip Hop (not all but most) these days are all about the repetitive hook/signature dance move. Its all about getting played in the clubs and repeating the same lame ass phrase over and over and over again.
Moderator
#62 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Britt601 said:
"  With no disrespect to anyone, Hip Hop, to me, has become about all the crazy dance moves that burn out too quickly.  Hip-Hop from the old days is what I'm knockin' right now. "
Co-Signed. Hip Hop (not all but most) these days are all about the repetitive hook/signature dance move. Its all about getting played in the clubs and repeating the same lame ass phrase over and over and over again. "
#63 Posted by whacknasty (5572 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
I have actually shied away from listening to it...   
 
I have a huge amount of respect for Jay, and i think he is an amazing lyricist/artist...but most of my opinions of him were formed from his early albums (Reasonable Doubt, In My Lifetime Vol. 1-2) and the Black Album.  Anything that I heard or hear regularly on the radio is not that great... 
 
I might try to download a few tracks just to see if the majority of the record is more along the lines of D'evils (10/10) or Big Pimpin' (0.5/10)....
#64 Posted by Britt601 (456 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler:
I agree.
#65 Posted by King Saturn (222793 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @Britt601 said:
"  With no disrespect to anyone, Hip Hop, to me, has become about all the crazy dance moves that burn out too quickly.  Hip-Hop from the old days is what I'm knockin' right now. "
Co-Signed. Hip Hop (not all but most) these days are all about the repetitive hook/signature dance move. Its all about getting played in the clubs and repeating the same lame ass phrase over and over and over again. "

you mean Commercial Hip Hop... cause there are a lot of dudes who keep in real on the Underground Level... especially on Mixtapes...

to tell you the truth the best Hip Hop is found on Mixtapes these days... it aint in the full LPs anymore... 

#66 Posted by whacknasty (5572 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
"@Gambler said:
" @Britt601 said:
"  With no disrespect to anyone, Hip Hop, to me, has become about all the crazy dance moves that burn out too quickly.  Hip-Hop from the old days is what I'm knockin' right now. "
Co-Signed. Hip Hop (not all but most) these days are all about the repetitive hook/signature dance move. Its all about getting played in the clubs and repeating the same lame ass phrase over and over and over again. "

you mean Commercial Hip Hop... cause there are a lot of dudes who keep in real on the Underground Level... especially on Mixtapes...

to tell you the truth the best Hip Hop is found on Mixtapes these days... it aint in the full LPs anymore... 

"

I second this.  I try to check out some mixtapes online a few times a week now, and for the most part I am surprised how much better they are than radio tracks.  I have even grown to like 50 a lot more because of his more recent mix tapes...
#67 Posted by King Saturn (222793 posts) - - Show Bio
@whacknasty said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@Gambler said:
" @Britt601 said:
"  With no disrespect to anyone, Hip Hop, to me, has become about all the crazy dance moves that burn out too quickly.  Hip-Hop from the old days is what I'm knockin' right now. "
Co-Signed. Hip Hop (not all but most) these days are all about the repetitive hook/signature dance move. Its all about getting played in the clubs and repeating the same lame ass phrase over and over and over again. "

you mean Commercial Hip Hop... cause there are a lot of dudes who keep in real on the Underground Level... especially on Mixtapes...

to tell you the truth the best Hip Hop is found on Mixtapes these days... it aint in the full LPs anymore... 

"
I second this.  I try to check out some mixtapes online a few times a week now, and for the most part I am surprised how much better they are than radio tracks.  I have even grown to like 50 a lot more because of his more recent mix tapes... "
Mixtapes is where its at... Cassidy, Jadakiss, Joe Budden, Royce Da 5'9, Joell Ortiz.... they all be killing sh!t on Mixtapes... even Lil Wayne is better on Mixtapes... and I hate Weezy... lmao
#68 Posted by iLLituracy (13522 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @whacknasty said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@Gambler said:
" @Britt601 said:
"  With no disrespect to anyone, Hip Hop, to me, has become about all the crazy dance moves that burn out too quickly.  Hip-Hop from the old days is what I'm knockin' right now. "
Co-Signed. Hip Hop (not all but most) these days are all about the repetitive hook/signature dance move. Its all about getting played in the clubs and repeating the same lame ass phrase over and over and over again. "

you mean Commercial Hip Hop... cause there are a lot of dudes who keep in real on the Underground Level... especially on Mixtapes...

to tell you the truth the best Hip Hop is found on Mixtapes these days... it aint in the full LPs anymore... 

"
I second this.  I try to check out some mixtapes online a few times a week now, and for the most part I am surprised how much better they are than radio tracks.  I have even grown to like 50 a lot more because of his more recent mix tapes... "
Mixtapes is where its at... Cassidy, Jadakiss, Joe Budden, Royce Da 5'9, Joell Ortiz.... they all be killing sh!t on Mixtapes... even Lil Wayne is better on Mixtapes... and I hate Weezy... lmao "
Yes, please do not sleep on Joell Ortiz.
#69 Posted by King Saturn (222793 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @whacknasty said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@Gambler said:
" @Britt601 said:
"  With no disrespect to anyone, Hip Hop, to me, has become about all the crazy dance moves that burn out too quickly.  Hip-Hop from the old days is what I'm knockin' right now. "
Co-Signed. Hip Hop (not all but most) these days are all about the repetitive hook/signature dance move. Its all about getting played in the clubs and repeating the same lame ass phrase over and over and over again. "

you mean Commercial Hip Hop... cause there are a lot of dudes who keep in real on the Underground Level... especially on Mixtapes...

to tell you the truth the best Hip Hop is found on Mixtapes these days... it aint in the full LPs anymore... 

"
I second this.  I try to check out some mixtapes online a few times a week now, and for the most part I am surprised how much better they are than radio tracks.  I have even grown to like 50 a lot more because of his more recent mix tapes... "
Mixtapes is where its at... Cassidy, Jadakiss, Joe Budden, Royce Da 5'9, Joell Ortiz.... they all be killing sh!t on Mixtapes... even Lil Wayne is better on Mixtapes... and I hate Weezy... lmao "
Yes, please do not sleep on Joell Ortiz. "
oh I dont... he is actually one of my favorite rappers currently... 
#70 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @whacknasty said:
" @King Saturn said:
"@Gambler said:
" @Britt601 said:
"  With no disrespect to anyone, Hip Hop, to me, has become about all the crazy dance moves that burn out too quickly.  Hip-Hop from the old days is what I'm knockin' right now. "
Co-Signed. Hip Hop (not all but most) these days are all about the repetitive hook/signature dance move. Its all about getting played in the clubs and repeating the same lame ass phrase over and over and over again. "

you mean Commercial Hip Hop... cause there are a lot of dudes who keep in real on the Underground Level... especially on Mixtapes...

to tell you the truth the best Hip Hop is found on Mixtapes these days... it aint in the full LPs anymore... 

"
I second this.  I try to check out some mixtapes online a few times a week now, and for the most part I am surprised how much better they are than radio tracks.  I have even grown to like 50 a lot more because of his more recent mix tapes... "
Mixtapes is where its at... Cassidy, Jadakiss, Joe Budden, Royce Da 5'9, Joell Ortiz.... they all be killing sh!t on Mixtapes... even Lil Wayne is better on Mixtapes... and I hate Weezy... lmao "
Wheezy sucks but young money has some good guys on that label
#71 Posted by Morning_Dew (3835 posts) - - Show Bio

WALE!!!!

#72 Posted by iLLituracy (13522 posts) - - Show Bio
@Solace said:
" WALE!!!! "
Perfect example of a dude that goes hard on his mixtapes.
#73 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

The only rapper I can think of that does better on his own compilations and sucks on mix tapes and with other people is Cage. But when he gets his own CD he kills that sh!t

#74 Posted by Morning_Dew (3835 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Kid Cudi was well
 
Oh and Lupe
 
Oh and Andre 3000 !
 
I like common too!

#75 Posted by whacknasty (5572 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
"The only rapper I can think of that does better on his own compilations and sucks on mix tapes and with other people is Cage. But when he gets his own CD he kills that sh!t "

Yeah, Cage is one of my favorites right now.  He had a nice guest spot on Aesop's "Getaway Car" though... 
 
I still haven't grabbed Depart From Me yet. Anyone have any opinions on it overall? 
#76 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus: Cage is so depressing.
#77 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio

 

#78 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Son_of_Magnus: Cage is so depressing. "
I love Cage I relate with him allot he definitely will make people want to cut their wrists though lol.
 
@whacknasty said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
"The only rapper I can think of that does better on his own compilations and sucks on mix tapes and with other people is Cage. But when he gets his own CD he kills that sh!t "
Yeah, Cage is one of my favorites right now.  He had a nice guest spot on Aesop's "Getaway Car" though...  I still haven't grabbed Depart From Me yet. Anyone have any opinions on it overall?  "

If you like Movies for the Blind you probably will not like Depart from Me it is like to different people. I really hated Depart from Me at first because I liked his old style so much but it grew on me after a while
#79 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yaujtapool: No thanks
 
@Son_of_Magnus: I don't really listen to him but my friend made me listen to this song of him and I was so overwhelmed.
#80 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth: Lol do you remember the name?
#81 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yaujtapool said:
"  
"
Nicki Minaaaaaaaaaaaaj
#82 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agent Buttons said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
"  
"
Nicki Minaaaaaaaaaaaaj "
Um Barf
#83 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Agent Buttons said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
"  
"
Nicki Minaaaaaaaaaaaaj "
Um Barf "
-______-
#84 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus: I think it might have been Ballad of Worms
#85 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" @Son_of_Magnus: I think it might have been Ballad of Worms "
O ok makes sense lol
#86 Posted by Yaujtapool (7577 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agent Buttons said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Agent Buttons said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
"  
"
Nicki Minaaaaaaaaaaaaj "
Um Barf "
-______- "
=)
#87 Posted by whacknasty (5572 posts) - - Show Bio
@Agent Buttons said:
" @Yaujtapool said:
"  
"
Nicki Minaaaaaaaaaaaaj "

: O ...  : )  I will second that response.....  dont know who she is though... : (  
 
 
Yeah, Ballad of Worms was one of the first Cage songs I ever heard.  Becasue of the sample he used, I like the band Built To Spill now as well (the sample is from their song "I Would Hurt A Fly"). 
 
I have found most of Movies For the Blind to be great, though Hell's Winter is my favorite album form Cage so far... 
 
So what do you guys think of Cool Calm Pete?  Or any other Def Jux artists?
 
#88 Posted by King Saturn (222793 posts) - - Show Bio
@Solace said:
" I like Kid Cudi was well  Oh and Lupe  Oh and Andre 3000 !  I like common too! "
Kid Cudi is crap... he is better at singing then he is rapping... 
#89 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stormultt said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Stormultt said:
" Hip hop has turned into trash truth be told.  Doing the jerk ain't satisfying many people out there anyways.  Drake right now is probably the only rapper i can stand right now.  Plus he sexy. "
 


 
"
Ooo yes! there go my cripple baby daddy! "

 
#90 Posted by King Saturn (222793 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:
" @Stormultt said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Stormultt said:
" Hip hop has turned into trash truth be told.  Doing the jerk ain't satisfying many people out there anyways.  Drake right now is probably the only rapper i can stand right now.  Plus he sexy. "
 


"
Ooo yes! there go my cripple baby daddy! "

"
lmmfao...  
I sort of like Drake actually... he isnt as bad as some of the other acts we have heard from on Young Money Entertainment... 
#91 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I'm late but yea I listened to the BP 3 I liked it for the for like a week then put it down Jay-Z doesn't have that long lasting effect with me prob the reason why I don't listen to most of his music.

#92 Posted by King Saturn (222793 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:
" I know I'm late but yea I listened to the BP 3 I liked it for the for like a week then put it down Jay-Z doesn't have that long lasting effect with me prob the reason why I don't listen to most of his music. "
I thought the Blueprint 3 overall was Average... it was a solid effort from Hov... but by no means his best work...  
I think Joe Budden is gonna hit us hard with his new album though... expected to be released in Feb or Mar 2010... 
#93 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
" @Stormultt said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Stormultt said:
" Hip hop has turned into trash truth be told.  Doing the jerk ain't satisfying many people out there anyways.  Drake right now is probably the only rapper i can stand right now.  Plus he sexy. "
 


"
Ooo yes! there go my cripple baby daddy! "

"
lmmfao...  
I sort of like Drake actually... he isnt as bad as some of the other acts we have heard from on Young Money Entertainment... 
"

He only has one song I liked his verse on I think the song is  "Going in" other than that dude and his camp are trash to me. sorry :(
#94 Posted by King Saturn (222793 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:
" @King Saturn said:
" @SwaggaB0y said:
" @Stormultt said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Stormultt said:
" Hip hop has turned into trash truth be told.  Doing the jerk ain't satisfying many people out there anyways.  Drake right now is probably the only rapper i can stand right now.  Plus he sexy. "
 


"
Ooo yes! there go my cripple baby daddy! "

"
lmmfao...  
I sort of like Drake actually... he isnt as bad as some of the other acts we have heard from on Young Money Entertainment... 
"
He only has one song I liked his verse on I think the song is  "Going in" other than that dude and his camp are trash to me. sorry :( "
have you heard his song " Zone " ? 
#95 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn:
gonna check it out now brb
#96 Posted by Stormultt (5308 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:
" @Stormultt said:
" @Son_of_Magnus said:
" @Stormultt said:
" Hip hop has turned into trash truth be told.  Doing the jerk ain't satisfying many people out there anyways.  Drake right now is probably the only rapper i can stand right now.  Plus he sexy. "
 


 
"
Ooo yes! there go my cripple baby daddy! "

 
"

Uh Don't HATE!
#97 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stormultt:
Lol
#98 Posted by King Saturn (222793 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:
" @King Saturn:gonna check it out now brb "
alrighty
#99 Posted by SwaggaB0y (5262 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Saturn:
don't like it lol I like more up tempo rap that slow down talk over the track is  ehhh for me.
#100 Posted by King Saturn (222793 posts) - - Show Bio
@SwaggaB0y said:
" @King Saturn:don't like it lol I like more up tempo rap that slow down talk over the track is  ehhh for me. "
well I tried... lol