#9251 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

@revamp said:

@vance_astro said:

Born Sinner>Marshall Mathers LP 2

Does that mean Born Sinner is especially good, or Marshall Mathers LP2 fell flat iyo?

Haven't had a chance to listen to the latter

Both.

#9252 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10706 posts) - - Show Bio

@revamp said:

@vance_astro said:

Does that mean Born Sinner is especially good, or Marshall Mathers LP2 fell flat iyo?

Both.

I dug Born Sinner. I didn't listen to MMLP2, and I probably won't Em bores me.

#9253 Posted by Night Thrasher (3709 posts) - - Show Bio

@revamp said:

@vance_astro said:

Both.

Tru

#9254 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@revamp said:

@vance_astro said:

Both.

Same here. I was surprised with Born Sinner when it came out. Maybe cause I got so disappointed with Cole World. And Em hasn't been the same to me since MML1.

#9255 Edited by superstay (10498 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell:

If it was within the last few years, you probably did see them. Korean music has been getting somewhat more popular ever since PSY hit it big. The group usually shows up on MTV International, because their one of the most popular groups in Korea.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

He is a very good rapper. Though, he gets a lot of flag for being in Kpop, and making very poppy songs. But, he is by far one of the best Kpop rappers. However, If you know Kpop rapper, you'll know that's not really much to say. Their rappers are as artificial as boy bands (probably because they are boy bands). Most of them become the rapper of their group because they couldn't sing.

This is why he's seen as being as great as he is. He came into the industry at a very young age (I think he was either seven or nine); started out with a love for rapping. He tries to live up to American standards by being original, writing and producing his own music, and such; which is a big thing for an young artist in South Korea.

d^_^b

#9256 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10706 posts) - - Show Bio

@revamp said:

@nelomaxwell said:

@vance_astro said:

@revamp said:

@vance_astro said:

Both.

Same here. I was surprised with Born Sinner when it came out. Maybe cause I got so disappointed with Cole World. And Em hasn't been the same to me since MML1.

He got old just like everyone else. They should just chill, produce and scout talent.

@nelomaxwell:

If it was within the last few years, you probably did see them. Korean music has been getting somewhat more popular ever since PSY hit it big. The group usually shows up on MTV International, because their one of the most popular groups in Korea.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

He is a very good rapper. Though, he gets a lot of flag for being in Kpop, and making very poppy songs. But, he is by far one of the best Kpop rappers. However, If you know Kpop rapper, you'll know that's not really much to say. Their rappers are as artificial as boy bands (probably because they are boy bands). Most of them become the rapper of their group because they couldn't sing.

This is why he's seen as being as great as he is. He came into the industry at a very young age (I think he was either seven or nine); started out with a love for rapping. He tries to live up to American standards by being original, writing and producing his own music, and such; which is a big thing for an young artist in South Korea.

d^_^b

Word. I'd like to see what he could do over here.

#9257 Posted by superstay (10498 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell:

Yeah, that would be cool.

Though, he'll have to get accustom to the cultural differences. Korea's culture is largely different from ours, especially the U.S. hip-hop culture.

d^_^b

#9258 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Born Sinner was great, but MLP2 was still better.

#9259 Posted by KnightRise (4762 posts) - - Show Bio

BLACK COP! BLACK COP BLACK COP BLACK COPPPPPP!!!!

#9260 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4899 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

@yung_ancient_one: FBD is a single for High Times. I think the reason Dro stayed with Grand Hustle so long, is combination of what you said. He is extremely loyal to Tip and (imo) I don't think he cares about being a factor in Hip-Hop.

Yeah could be both.

Hopsin sucks and he's always dissing people. I find him incredibly annoying.

WHat? Nah its cool. I don't think he really "dissed" him but whatever. Have you heard the track yet? I don't find Hopsin's disses anymore different than eM's disses. They both just like to poke fun out of celebrities or in Hopsin's case popular artists.

@veshark

doode I'd love to help Elzhi with his kickstarter but I'm MAD broke right now bro.

( +)

#9261 Edited by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

is anyone a Brother Ali fan? Holy christballs, that dude can rhyme.

Proof:

I think his 5 Fingers was better then Papoose's. I liked Papoose's alot but when I learned he was just using lines from his mixtapes, I was kind of disappointed. I think Brother Ali's is genuinely improvised.

#9262 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio

Any fans of UK rap in here?

#9263 Posted by Billy Batson (58366 posts) - - Show Bio
#9264 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

*raises hand*
BB

Who you a fan of? I think Lowkey is the best rapper lyrically the UK has had for a while.

#9265 Posted by Billy Batson (58366 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

*raises hand*
BB

Who you a fan of? I think Lowkey is the best rapper lyrically the UK has had for a while.

Jehst, Rhyme Asylum, Stig of the Dump, Phi Life Cypher, Task Force and I like Lowkey too.

BB

#9266 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@billy_batson said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

*raises hand*
BB

Jehst, Rhyme Asylum, Stig of the Dump, Phi Life Cypher, Task Force and I like Lowkey too.

BB

Ah I love Stig of the Dump. I doubt the Americans duders on here will know much of the UK rappers except maybe Tini Tempa, Dizzy.... and Slick Rick lol.

#9267 Edited by Gordyman (622 posts) - - Show Bio

Trinidad James saying the ATL runs New York. Who gave that arcade token, one-hit wonder piece of garbage the authority to say anything about the state of Hip-Hop.

#9268 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman said:

Trinidad James saying the ATL runs New York. Who gave that arcade token, one-hit wonder piece of garbage the authority to say anything about the state of Hip-Hop.

Well he's not wrong. He even went on a a twitter rant saying that the NY radios dont support NY acts unless they sound southern.

#9269 Posted by Gordyman (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman said:

Well he's not wrong. He even went on a a twitter rant saying that the NY radios dont support NY acts unless they sound southern.

He wasn't necessarily wrong, but he worded it like he was dissing NY. He said something like "I'm not dissing New York, but if there's a problem you can see me." Or something stupid like that. Regardless, he's a part of the problem and he really has no authority on the matter.

#9270 Edited by Billy Batson (58366 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah I love Stig of the Dump. I doubt the Americans duders on here will know much of the UK rappers except maybe Tini Tempa, Dizzy.... and Slick Rick lol.

True, heh. The other rappers and groups are worth checking out if you haven't^^

BB

#9271 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@gordyman said:

He wasn't necessarily wrong, but he worded it like he was dissing NY. He said something like "I'm not dissing New York, but if there's a problem you can see me." Or something stupid like that. Regardless, he's a part of the problem and he really has no authority on the matter.

Well it would be nice if they could get there heads out there arse and rep acts like Pro Era, The Underachievers, Smoke DZA, Action Bronson ect

#9272 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

True, heh. The other rappers and groups are worth checking out if you haven't^^

BB

Yea I'v been checking through the Fire in the Booth freestyles and I'm liking Rhyme Asylum so far.

#9273 Posted by Billy Batson (58366 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea I'v been checking through the Fire in the Booth freestyles and I'm liking Rhyme Asylum so far.

Phi Life Cypher had a freestyle on Westwood:

BB

#9274 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

Phi Life Cypher had a freestyle on Westwood:

BB

Pretty good, I'll check out more of his stuff. Do you like grime or more hip hoppy stuff?

#9275 Edited by Billy Batson (58366 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty good, I'll check out more of his stuff. Do you like grime or more hip hoppy stuff?

Both work for me.

BB

#9276 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

Both work for me.

BB

I'm liking the new comers Krept and Konan, think there destined for big things same with Ard Adz & Sho Shallow

#9277 Edited by King Saturn (225178 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm... Perhaps.

The More I listen to The MMLP2... the less I like it.

#9278 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

Hmmm... Perhaps.

I got it on iTunes, listened through it a few times, hesitated then returned it, got a refund and used the cash to get Saaab Stories lol

#9279 Posted by King Saturn (225178 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:

@vance_astro said:

Hmmm... Perhaps.

I got it on iTunes, listened through it a few times, hesitated then returned it, got a refund and used the cash to get Saaab Stories lol

It's really not as good as I first thought it was... I mean there are glimpses or Eminem's classic flow on it... but the majority of the album is average or bland to say the least.

#9280 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@king_saturn said:

@vance_astro said:

Hmmm... Perhaps.

It's really not as good as I first thought it was... I mean there are glimpses or Eminem's classic flow on it... but the majority of the album is average or bland to say the least.

Yea I knew it was never going to be as good as the original MMLP but I thought it would at least be as good as Recovery but it's not even that.

#9281 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

*raises hand*
BB

I'm not really a fan of the UK rap scene but I do like Wiley & Lady Sovereign.

#9282 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio

@billy_batson said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

*raises hand*
BB

I'm not really a fan of the UK rap scene but I do like Wiley & Lady Sovereign.

Wiley is the grandfather of Grime, big fan of the whole Boy Better Know crew as you can see from my avatar lol

#9283 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

Wiley is the grandfather of Grime, big fan of the whole Boy Better Know crew as you can see from my avatar lol

I heard the Bow E3 track for the first time when I was in Canada and I looked it up on youtube, and I've been a fan ever since.

#9284 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

I heard the Bow E3 track for the first time when I was in Canada and I looked it up on youtube, and I've been a fan ever since.

If you like Eski your bound to like JME

#9285 Posted by Gordyman (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@gordyman said:

Well it would be nice if they could get there heads out there arse and rep acts like Pro Era, The Underachievers, Smoke DZA, Action Bronson ect

True that, they only promote the same crap over and over again. Bunch of sellouts.

#9286 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@vance_astro said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

If you like Eski your bound to like JME

I'm actually feeling this. Thanks for the recommendation.

#9287 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro: Cool, JME is a rapper and Grime producer and he also runs the Boy Better Know record label that Wiley and Skepta (his big brother) are signed to.

#9288 Posted by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

just heard Big Sean's latest album. I was feeling it, but after a while, it becomes apparent that the reason why Kanye signed him is because he sounds a lot like Kanye.

Beats are great, though.

#9289 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone know what song this is?:

I am the stone that builder refused

I am the visual

The inspiration

That made lady sing the blues

I'm the spark that makes your idea bright

The same spark

that lights the dark

So that you can know your left from your right

I am the ballot in your box

The bullet in the gun

The inner glow that lets you know

To call your brother son

The story that just begun

The promise of what's to come

And I'm 'a remain a soldier till the war is won

#9290 Posted by frozenedge (1347 posts) - - Show Bio
#9291 Posted by Yokergeist (12355 posts) - - Show Bio
#9292 Edited by batmannflash (6226 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this is a little late, but do people think of Jay-Z's Magna Carta Holy Grail album?

It's definitely not as good as his older stuff but I was listening to it again and I think that it's pretty good. I think it's his best album in a long time (topping Blueprint 3, Blueprint 2, maybe American Gangster, Kingdom Come), excluding Watch the Throne.

#9293 Posted by superstay (10498 posts) - - Show Bio

Can some one explain the greatness of the Wu-Tang Clan?...I have nothing against them. And, I fully give them their props for helping build the house that is Hip-Hop. But, I just don't really understand the hype.

d^_^b

#9294 Edited by Bogey (970 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay: In the 90's, the rap scene was dominated with hardcore rap. Wu Tang was perfect for that time and became very successful. Plus it was rare for an rap group to feature so many members that were recognizable even in their solo roles.

#9295 Posted by CF12793 (2993 posts) - - Show Bio

Can some one explain the greatness of the Wu-Tang Clan?...I have nothing against them. And, I fully give them their props for helping build the house that is Hip-Hop. But, I just don't really understand the hype.

d^_^b

They did a lot for the underground and New York hip hop scenes. They invented their own sound and style, I mean could you imagine how people reacted back then to hearing samples from Kung Fu films in a hip hop song? That first record was an absolute classic, and the people like Kanye West, MF Doom, and Odd Future would have had significantly different characters if it had not been for the Wu.

I will say, though, that none of them are GREAT rappers. Good, but not great.

#9296 Edited by superstay (10498 posts) - - Show Bio

@cf12793: @bogey:

Thanks for the feed back...

Though, I don't listen to their music, I generally like the group. I definitively don't hate or dislike them. Hip Hop wouldn't be the same without them. And, I like their style...

d^_^b

#9297 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (35157 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people like Drake?

#9298 Posted by Billy Batson (58366 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do people like Drake?

The same reason why girls like boy bands?
BB

#9299 Posted by mikethekiller (8492 posts) - - Show Bio

#9300 Posted by King Saturn (225178 posts) - - Show Bio