Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#9151 vance_astro  Moderator

@yung_ancient_one said:

ANYONE HEAR Hopsin "diss" Kendrick?

I personally don't view it as a diss but more so to the fans/world/community that believes Kendrick "saved" Hip Hop.

Arguably yes and IMHO arguably no. I thank the Rap God's all the time for bringing King Kendrick Lamar but I understand how one can view Kendrick for being overrated.

As I always say when people say someone is "overrated" it isn't really that they are overrated or overexposed it's that others aren't exposed enough.

( +)

Hopsin sucks and he's always dissing people. I find him incredibly annoying.

RappiMania...Who Wins?

Lil B vs Trinidad James vs Chief Keef

Ja Rule (current) vs Nelly (current)

Joey Bada$$ vs Vince Staples

A$AP Rocky vs MGK vs Tyga

Jay-Z (current) vs Lil Wayne (current)

Drake (rapping) vs Tyler the Creator

Pusha T vs Big K.R.I.T vs Danny Brown

J.Cole vs Earl Sweatshirt

Chance the Rapper vs Childish Gambino

Chris Brown vs French Montana

Waka Flaka Flame vs Meek Mill

d^_^b

1.Based God. Despite his lyrical ability his music actually has some substance if you take the time to listen.
2.Ja easily. Nelly isn't really a good rapper. He's as generic as you can possibly get with a style that people took to.
3.Draw, both dope in their own right. I don't see where either has the egde.
4.Rocky, I think MGK is a better rapper than Rocky but I like Rocky's music more. His style resonates more with me. Tyga is meh.
5.Jay-Z always was and always will be better than Lil Wayne and it's not even close.
6.Draw. I think they have an equal amount of material that I don't want to hear as well as material I do.
7.Pusha is the best rapper in this match up but I haven't heard his album yet. Krit is dope and I don't listen to Danny so it's hard to say.
8.Tough but I gotta say J.Cole. Two solid albums, showings some progress, decent rapping ability and able to produce dope beats
9.I would have to go with Gambino just because I don't listen to Chance.
10.Chris Brown is a better rapper and clearly more talented than French.
11.Meek Mill is a better rapper and makes better music than Waka. His flow is unparallelled but that's about all he has going for him. Waka is an energy guy. He makes catchy popular music that alot of people will mess with even if they don't know the words or don't care about them.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9152  Edited By superstay

I swear to god half of ya'll just don't know Kendrick

Loading Video...

__________________________________________________________________________________

Tyler's Rage

d^_^b

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Still gotta get my hands on Starlito and Don Trip Step Brothers 2.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chance the Rapper

d^_^b

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eminem's Headlights?

Didn't see that coming.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

@veshark: Me neither. It's really mainstream sounding but I actually like it. It feels nice to see him apologize and forgive his mother after all they've been through!

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@veshark said:

Eminem's Headlights?

Didn't see that coming.

Same here.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9158  Edited By juiceboks  Moderator

@veshark said:

Eminem's Headlights?

Didn't see that coming.

Honestly, I was waiting and hoping he would do something like this.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9159  Edited By King_Saturn

Lloyd Banks new Mixtape is Pretty Good... No G-Unit affiliates on it.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks@batmannflash @dboyrules2011

The Nate Ruess chorus is kinda cringe-inducing, and lyrically it's alright, but I'm more impressed by the choice of subject matter.

I'm glad that he made the song though, it's a step towards maturity.

Now where's that Kim apology song, Slim?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: yeah I'm happy that Eminem made that song. Well, "Love the Way You Lie" was sort of an apology to Kim. And in "Going Through Changes," he says (to Hailie Mathers): "I still love your mother, that will never change, think about her every day."

Besides, I think that he owes an apology to his mother more than anyone else and I'm glad that he did

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: yeah I'm happy that Eminem made that song. Well, "Love the Way You Lie" was sort of an apology to Kim. And in "Going Through Changes," he says (to Hailie Mathers): "I still love your mother, that will never change, think about her every day."

Besides, I think that he owes an apology to his mother more than anyone else and I'm glad that he did

True, true. I think that having a failed relationship with a girlfriend and then getting venomous about it is....if not necessarily excusable, is at least understandable (and makes for good music!). But that level of hatred for your own mother, well, at some point you have to mature and let go of that resentment.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9163  Edited By batmannflash

@veshark: Eminem's mother did treat him pretty badly. I actually understand when he had that anger toward her. But he now knows, his mom still took the time to raise him while his father bailed on him.

And didn't Kim cheat on him?

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veshark: Eminem's mother did treat him pretty badly. I actually understand when he had that anger toward her. But he now knows, his mom still took the time to raise him while his father bailed on him.

I'm not saying it isn't justified to an extent (drug abuse, Munchausen etc.), but like you said, I think at this age he's come to this peace. Teenage anger is understandable, but when you're an adult and you've made it, it's probably time to let go and realize that she's his mother - and at least she didn't bail on him.

Uh supposedly, I'm not sure. Doesn't Em have a girl named Whitney, who is Kim's daughter with another man?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9165  Edited By batmannflash

@veshark: yeah Whitney is Kim's daughter with another man. So apparently Kim cheated on him a few times early in their relationship. I read somewhere that she became a prostitute behind his back to make money (this was before he was famous) but not sure if that is true or not

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9166 juiceboks  Moderator

@veshark said:

@batmannflash said:

I'm not saying it isn't justified to an extent (drug abuse, Munchausen etc.), but like you said, I think at this age he's come to this peace. Teenage anger is understandable, but when you're an adult and you've made it, it's probably time to let go and realize that she's his mother - and at least she didn't bail on him.

Uh supposedly, I'm not sure. Doesn't Em have a girl named Whitney, who is Kim's daughter with another man?

I agree. Despite all that he went through living in the trailer park, it could have been much much worse(and living in Detroit..it most certainly was for a lot of people). Not saying what Debbie put him through was inexcusable, but at the end of the day she did raise him. He got through it and he obviously got something out of the situation. There was no need to explicitly insult and degrade his mom for the whole public to hear. He's a grown man and I'm glad he's truly acting like it now.

I heard about that..if it's true then that's pretty sad. On a side note..Hailie is looking pretty fine nowadays..

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9167  Edited By batmannflash

@juiceboks: lol Hailie grew up well! Pretty crazy to think about that since I still listen to his songs to his daughter when she was just a baby.

I think he has custody of Hailie (his daughter with Kim), Nathan (his 14 year old half-brother), Whitney (Kim's daughter with another man), Alaina (Kim's twin sister's daughter)

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9168 juiceboks  Moderator

@batmannflash Ain't it tho? I mean..she's only 2 months younger than me but it's like I've known about her ever since she was a baby.

I didn't know about Alaina, what's her story?

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks: I know right. Feels like I know her!

She isn't mentioned very often. Eminem talked about her Mockingbird and Airplane II, and probably a couple other songs. All I know is that he adopted her from Kim's sister. Idk why, but I guess she wasn't a good parent. I believe Alaina is the youngest

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro:

Hopsin doesn't suck. He disses rappers not to gain attention but because he doesn't like any of them, and he has good reasons for most of them too. He's actually a really humble dude who respects a lot of people in the industry but doesn't f^&k with people he doesn't have respect for (although sometimes he'll go back and change his mind, like what happened with Tyler the Creator) plus he can rap his ass off and his music has a lot of deep content but great wordplay, similar to early Eminem.

There's a lot of people in the hip hop industry that are worse then Hopsin, by miles.

SIDENOTE: (sorry Vance, this has nothing to do with you :P)

so I just got done finally listening to "The Heist", and man, does it not disappoint. For some reason I kept thinking I wouldn't like Macklemore because i thought he was trying to be one of those "indie" rappers that secretly wants to be commercial, but I was really surprised by how deep some his songs went, especially "Same Love". Really think that the guys have talent and I was super impressed by them as a new listener.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yelawolf got an EP out with DJ Paul.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Loading Video...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9173  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@cf12793 said:

@vance_astro:

Hopsin doesn't suck. He disses rappers not to gain attention but because he doesn't like any of them, and he has good reasons for most of them too. He's actually a really humble dude who respects a lot of people in the industry but doesn't f^&k with people he doesn't have respect for (although sometimes he'll go back and change his mind, like what happened with Tyler the Creator) plus he can rap his ass off and his music has a lot of deep content but great wordplay, similar to early Eminem.

There's a lot of people in the hip hop industry that are worse then Hopsin, by miles.

so I just got done finally listening to "The Heist", and man, does it not disappoint. For some reason I kept thinking I wouldn't like Macklemore because i thought he was trying to be one of those "indie" rappers that secretly wants to be commercial, but I was really surprised by how deep some his songs went, especially "Same Love". Really think that the guys have talent and I was super impressed by them as a new listener.

Hopsin does suck. His disses aren't why I'm saying it either, nor do I think he's dissing people he's less popular than for attention, I just find his music annoying, I don't like his style and I think he's overrated lyrically. I haven't heard anything from him that was particularly complex or thought provoking. His STYLE is similar to early Eminem but he's nowhere near as good a rapper.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9174  Edited By Veshark

Loading Video...

Favorite track off the album so far.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

@vance_astro:

Hopsin does suck. His disses aren't why I'm saying it either, nor do I think he's dissing people he's less popular than for attention, I just find his music annoying, I don't like his style and I think he's overrated lyrically. I haven't heard anything from him that was particularly complex or thought provoking. His STYLE is similar to early Eminem but he's nowhere near as good a rapper.

This is something that I simply can't agree with you on, so let's just move on and not start a big pointless debate

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how many more albums will Eminem do after MMLP2 ?

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope u all enjoy this track/video as much as i do :)

Public Enemy featuring Brother Ali Get up Stand Up

Loading Video...

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder how many more albums will Eminem do after MMLP2 ?

Hard to say. He has the financial means to retire anytime he wants to, but if he still shares passion and creativity for the music he does, and it still sells, then I doubt MMLP2 will be his last album.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9179 vance_astro  Moderator

@cf12793 said:

This is something that I simply can't agree with you on, so let's just move on and not start a big pointless debate

Wasn't trying to. You addressed me. I responded.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9180  Edited By CF12793

@cf12793 said:

i know you weren't trying to, but you can't change someone's opinion so it's pointless to go further with it.

If I told you that one of your favorite rappers sucked, you'd probably respond to my post citing reasons why they didn't. I was defending an artist I like, and there's nothing more to it then that.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is Busta Rhymes really gonna release ELE 2 this month or are they facking with us again ?

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash said:

@juiceboks: lol Hailie grew up well! Pretty crazy to think about that since I still listen to his songs to his daughter when she was just a baby.

I think he has custody of Hailie (his daughter with Kim), Nathan (his 14 year old half-brother), Whitney (Kim's daughter with another man), Alaina (Kim's twin sister's daughter)

- OMG, I feel old now.....Hailie looks...not like a little girl...

________________________________________________________________________________________________

@cf12793 said:

@vance_astro said:

@cf12793 said:

i know you weren't trying to, but you can't change someone's opinion so it's pointless to go further with it.

If I told you that one of your favorite rappers sucked, you'd probably respond to my post citing reasons why they didn't. I was defending an artist I like, and there's nothing more to it then that.

Well, the first half of that statement actually depends on the circumstance and viewpoint...

Like everything, it all depends on the person's viewpoint. Arguments are only meant to get the arguer's point across; that's all. I want you to understand my reasoning or opinion, and you want me to understand yours. However, people have gotten the idea that trying to change someones viewpoint was the point in the first place; when it shouldn't be.

An argument can be very constructive. Because everyone has their own opinions, and think differently, someone may see something in a way you may have never thought of, before. So, an argument is a way for someone to learn another way of seeing the same thing. In a way, one can say it's a more hand's on way of learning and analyzing.

I think people get far too defensive about things. They hear an opposing thought and get offended. In this offence, they feel obligated to defend their viewpoint. They go into an argument with the thought of their opinion being the "right" way of viewing things; totally ignorant to the notion of learning someone else's view on the matter. Now, you have two people fighting to prove why they're right, and not listening to the other.

That's probably paraphrasing it. But.....

d0.0b

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9183 vance_astro  Moderator

@cf12793 said:

In the future you could probably just say you agree to disagree, you don't have to explain to me why it is you don't want to argue about it. I'm not trying to change your opinion, I was simply explaining my position because you addressed me regarding that. If anyone says anything to me on a forum, I assume they want a response.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@king_saturn said:

Snoop Dogg got a Mixtape coming out ?

Going to be wack for sure......

Ha Ha... No Love For Snoopzilla ?

lmmfao

Snoop is one of those dudes who don't know when to give it up....Dude's been washed up for over a decade now, yet he still wants to put out wack music. Just hang up the mic already dude.

LOL.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batmannflash said:

- OMG, I feel old now.....Hailie looks...not like a little girl...

@cf12793 said:

@vance_astro said:

@cf12793 said:

Well, the first half of that statement actually depends on the circumstance and viewpoint...

Like everything, it all depends on the person's viewpoint. Arguments are only meant to get the arguer's point across; that's all. I want you to understand my reasoning or opinion, and you want me to understand yours. However, people have gotten the idea that trying to change someones viewpoint was the point in the first place; when it shouldn't be.

An argument can be very constructive. Because everyone has their own opinions, and think differently, someone may see something in a way you may have never thought of, before. So, an argument is a way for someone to learn another way of seeing the same thing. In a way, one can say it's a more hand's on way of learning and analyzing.

I think people get far too defensive about things. They hear an opposing thought and get offended. In this offence, they feel obligated to defend their viewpoint. They go into an argument with the thought of their opinion being the "right" way of viewing things; totally ignorant to the notion of learning someone else's view on the matter. Now, you have two people fighting to prove why they're right, and not listening to the other.

That's probably paraphrasing it. But.....

d0.0b

I wasn't trying to change his opinion or argue that his was "wrong" and mine was "right", I was defending an artist who I like and before it was going to turn into a back and forth flame war, I wanted to make it clear that I had no intention of changing his opinion on the matter, and that he couldn't change mine.

It wasn't really an argument; just two people expressing a different opinion. We may not agree on Hopsin's music, but I'm sure there's artists he likes that I don't. It was probably pointless to make a post about it anyway, but I truly think Hopsin is one of the better lyricists in the crop of modern rappers. Granted, I haven't listened to every single new rapper that's out there (I've really only just begun to really get back into rap) but to say that he "sucks", i just wanted to voice my opinion on the matter.

People get defensive over pointless stuff and yeah, I have been guilty of that in the past, but I'm really not going after anyone with my comment and my intention was NOT to start an argument.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hope u all enjoy this track/video as much as i do :)

Public Enemy featuring Brother Ali Get up Stand Up

Loading Video...

whoaa Public Enemy still got it! yess

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorite track on MMLP2?

For me, Brainless or So Much Better. Maybe it's the nostalgia but it sounds a lot like younger Slim Shady in the old days.

I like Rap God too. And surprisingly, I like Headlights (for the lyrics) and Love Game (because K-Dot and it's so dang catchy!)

Also I'm wondering, what do people think of "Stronger Than I Was?" He sings most of the song (like Hailie's Song from Eminem Show) and it has a really pop sound to it.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9188  Edited By King_Saturn

Hmmmm... Favorite MMLP2 Tracks ?

1. Love Game ft Kendrick Lamar

2. Rhyme or Reason

3. Rap God

4. Headlights

5. So Far

6. Bad Guy ( especially Part 2 )

All in All, MMLP2 is one of Eminem's better albums... which makes me wonder if it's like his Grand Finale before leaving the Game... but one would think that Em would at least have Dr. Dre on a track for his Final Album in Hip Hop.

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9189  Edited By superstay

@cf12793:

I wasn't accusing you of doing anything like that. I was speaking on the "arguing is pointless" statement; and the reason why most arguments become heated flame wars.

At its basic meaning, an argument is just a discussion between two people who share opposing views on the topic they're discussing. It doesn't require a heated battle, yelling, anger, spiteful words, or anything we commonly associate with arguing. That type of argument is a specific type of argument. It is just a conversation between opposing views. It ends (or, at least, should) once both sides have given reason for their thoughts. It is basically just two people explaining their opposite viewpoints.

Side note: I think Hopsin is cool. His flow is pretty nice, and he's a pretty good lyricist, as well...

d^_^b

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9190  Edited By M3th

@king_saturn: eM still got 2 or 1 more album left in him. He barely turned 41.

June'sVeryOwn

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th said:

@king_saturn: eM still got 2 or 1 more album left in him. He barely turned 41.

June'sVeryOwn

Well technically 40 years old is kind of old for anyone to be talking about Rapping... but it seems that a lot of these Big Dawgs are still doing it at this age... hell, looks like GZA might be damn near 50 years old when his next album comes out.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: True but I think he's still fairly young. Once a person is 50 they should be grandparents. However, they can now be the wise sensei at that age.

June'sVeryOwn

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9193  Edited By King_Saturn

@m3th said:

@king_saturn: True but I think he's still fairly young. Once a person is 50 they should be grandparents. However, they can now be the wise sensei at that age.

June'sVeryOwn

Well Marshall Mathers doesn't look that old... So I guess it could work. As long as there isn't a Regression in the Quality of his Music... It's All Good.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not Really Hip Hop Related... But It's Some Funny Azz Sh!t.

Loading Video...

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This n!gga's open. She bad tho

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Thoughts on Chance the Rapper?

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thoughts on Chance the Rapper?

He was great on Royalty, his album is cool but something about his style keeps me from listening to him repeatedly.

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anybody wanna weigh in on a couple of battles I have going on in my mind that I can't seem to resolve?

Kool Keith vs. MF Doom

Tyler, The Creator vs. Earl Sweatshirt

Kid Cudi vs. Drake

Curren$y vs. ASAP Rocky

KRS One vs. Big Daddy Kane

DMX. vs Jadakiss

Mac Miller vs. Asher Roth vs. Macklemore

Yelawolf vs. MGK

The Roots vs. The Fugees

Busta Rhymes vs. Xzibit

Tech N9ne vs. Twista vs. Bone Thugs N Harmony

That's it for now, good looking out

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

Anybody wanna weigh in on a couple of battles I have going on in my mind that I can't seem to resolve?

Kool Keith vs. MF Doom

Kid Cudi vs. Drake

Curren$y vs. ASAP Rocky I don't care for either but I'll say Rocky.

DMX. vs Jadakiss

Mac Miller vs. Asher Roth vs. Macklemore I don't care for any of them.

Yelawolf vs. MGK

The Roots vs. The Fugees

Busta Rhymes vs. Xzibit

CF12793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cf12793 said:

Kool Keith vs. MF Doom

Kid Cudi vs. Drake

Curren$y vs. ASAP Rocky I don't care for either but I'll say Rocky.

DMX. vs Jadakiss

Mac Miller vs. Asher Roth vs. Macklemore I don't care for any of them.

Yelawolf vs. MGK

The Roots vs. The Fugees

Busta Rhymes vs. Xzibit

Nice choices. I mostly agree with you, but I like Curren$y more then ASAP. I like both and can vibe with their music, but Curren$y makes great music to get high to and that does it for me. ASAP's songs are fun to listen to while high but Curren$y is just more of my style.

the Mac vs. Roth vs. Macklemore one - I don't really know if Asher Roth is any good. I mean, people say he can rap, but I've only heard that College song he did and that's apparently not his style at all so not a great place to begin. I liked Mac Miller's latest album a lot, particularly the track he did with Earl Sweatshirt. So, out of the 3, I'd go with him.