#8951 Edited by superstay (9649 posts) - - Show Bio

I just started listening to some Big K.r.i.t. I see what people mean. He is a great lyricist.

How good is Becky G, as a rapper?

@king_saturn said:

Lil Wayne is ET's Brother...

Don't diss ET like that

dO.Ob

#8952 Posted by M3th (2050 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone excited for the BET Cyphers for this year. I think Black Hippy will have their own segment.

June'sVeryOwn

#8953 Edited by superstay (9649 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th:

Really?...awesome...

d^_^b

#8954 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Has Tyler, the Creator ever answered back to any beefs or disses.

d?_?b

Not that I know of. He claims that he liked No Future and didn't know it was a diss.

#8955 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

d?_?b

Not that I know of. He claims that he liked No Future and didn't know it was a diss.

#8956 Edited by M3th (2050 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay: There's a short clip of Kendrick rapping along his Black Hippy brothers on AllHipHop dot com and on WorldStarHipHop dot com.

June'sVeryOwn

#8957 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn, I really wish Jay Electronica would come out with his album. I wish Jay would have that work ethic of like a Lil Wayne. Weezy always be coming out with new sh!t even if it is Terrible.

He does. The label couldn't get a single so they shelved it.

#8958 Edited by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil said:

@king_saturn said:

Damn, I really wish Jay Electronica would come out with his album. I wish Jay would have that work ethic of like a Lil Wayne. Weezy always be coming out with new sh!t even if it is Terrible.

It can't be true... because if Jay had such a work ethic... he would have at least dropped some mixtapes in the mean time. Even Weezy does that... Jay is slacking... and I don't like that sh!t.

#8959 Edited by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio

T.I. is still rippin' sh!t...

#8960 Posted by superstay (9649 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

d?_?b

Yeah, I saw the interview.....

I hear a lot of people don't think Tyler could hold him own in an actual beef.

d?_?b

#8961 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil said:

@king_saturn said:

It can't be true... because if Jay had such a work ethic... he would have at least dropped some mixtapes in the mean time. Even Weezy does that... Jay is slacking... and I don't like that sh!t.

No one cares for the mixtapes if the album isn't coming. Chances are this album is finished but has been sheleved/revised so many times because there isn't a marketable single on the album. He released Act I in 011.

#8962 Posted by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil said:

@king_saturn said:

@jnr6lil said:

@king_saturn said:

No one cares for the mixtapes if the album isn't coming. Chances are this album is finished but has been sheleved/revised so many times because there isn't a marketable single on the album. He released Act I in 011.

Bullsh!t... Meek Mill just dropped a Mixtape and he doesn't have an album coming and that thing is at 500,000 DLs... Jadakiss dropped Consignment and it's at 1,000,000 hits and he had no album coming...

#8963 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7689 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil said:

@king_saturn said:

@jnr6lil said:

@king_saturn said:

Bullsh!t... Meek Mill just dropped a Mixtape and he doesn't have an album coming and that thing is at 500,000 DLs... Jadakiss dropped Consignment and it's at 1,000,000 hits and he had no album coming...

Both are setting up albums. Meek has an album coming next year.

#8964 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil said:

@king_saturn said:

@jnr6lil said:

@king_saturn said:

@jnr6lil said:

@king_saturn said:

Can we stop talking about Jay Elec? I just get sadder and sadder knowing he's not coming out with anything ever again.

#8965 Posted by _slim_ (13067 posts) - - Show Bio

Nipsey dropped his new mixtape Crenshaw today. Game is suppose to be dropping something today also.

#8966 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

Nipsey dropped his new mixtape Crenshaw today. Game is suppose to be dropping something today also.

I need to get back on my mixtape game. Where do N!ggas cop mixtapes now a days?

#8967 Posted by _slim_ (13067 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: Mixtapetorrent.com and Datpiff.com are the two sites I use.

#8968 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio
#8969 Posted by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio

@jnr6lil said:

@king_saturn said:

@jnr6lil said:

@king_saturn said:

@jnr6lil said:

@king_saturn said:

Next Year ? Come on Cuz... LOL

What about Jadakiss ? Dude dropped Consignment with no album release in sight and it has over 1,000,000 hits.

#8970 Edited by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

#8971 Edited by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio

Datpiff is my Shiznit...

#8972 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

9th wonder producing for Nipsey?

#8973 Posted by _slim_ (13067 posts) - - Show Bio

What was the album of the year IYO? Born Sinner?, My Name Is My Name?, The Gifted?, Nothing Was The Same?, or something else?

#8974 Posted by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember this sh!t

#8975 Edited by Cooldes (3926 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: new CG song? Really? i can't play vid, but what's the name?

#8976 Posted by Cooldes (3926 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: have you heard yaphet kotto? Brand new bruh, and his new album "Because the Internet" is coming out winter break :D

#8977 Edited by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@nelomaxwell: have you heard yaphet kotto? Brand new bruh, and his new album "Because the Internet" is coming out winter break :D

Yaphet Kotto is a Rapper now ?

:P

#8978 Posted by Cooldes (3926 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: lol no, childish gambino has a new song called yaphet kotto xD

#8979 Edited by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio

@cooldes said:

@king_saturn: lol no, childish gambino has a new song called yaphet kotto xD

I know... but I thought the idea of a 73 year old black man rapping was amusing to say the least...

#8980 Posted by M3th (2050 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: @_slim_: You guys know that Nipsey is selling his mixtape "Crenshaw" here in LA for $100 bucks. It comes with a free T-shirt and hat to match. XP

June'sVeryOwn

#8981 Edited by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th said:

@nelomaxwell: @_slim_: You guys know that Nipsey is selling his mixtape "Crenshaw" here in LA for $100 bucks. It comes with a free T-shirt and hat to match. XP

June'sVeryOwn

a mixtape for 100 dollars ?

#8982 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th: He's good but if I lived out there Idk if I'd buy it. (I'm in NYC)

@king_saturn:

Nah it's the name of Gambino's freestyle.

@cooldes:

Yaphett Koto is a crazy freestyle. The new song doesn't have a name yet. But because the internet is gonna be dope..

#8983 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

So excited for the BET cyphers!

#8984 Posted by M3th (2050 posts) - - Show Bio

@nelomaxwell: @king_saturn: Yeah but it comes with a "free" shirt and hat to match. It's in his store I believe. He says it's a monumental moment and it is to protest against corporations if I am not mistaken.

If you'd like to verify you can YouTube it I believe but for sure it's on WSHH and HIPHOPDX dot com.

I'd buy it if I had the extra cash. I'd ask to see Nipsey tho, like... I'm paying with a Big Face here, where's he at?

June'sVeryOwn

#8985 Posted by M3th (2050 posts) - - Show Bio
#8986 Posted by Cooldes (3926 posts) - - Show Bio
#8987 Posted by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio
@m3th said:

@nelomaxwell: @king_saturn: Yeah but it comes with a "free" shirt and hat to match. It's in his store I believe. He says it's a monumental moment and it is to protest against corporations if I am not mistaken.

If you'd like to verify you can YouTube it I believe but for sure it's on WSHH and HIPHOPDX dot com.

I'd buy it if I had the extra cash. I'd ask to see Nipsey tho, like... I'm paying with a Big Face here, where's he at?

June'sVeryOwn

Ohhhhh... it comes with a Shirt and Hat.

Now it's worth 100 dollars

#8988 Posted by Nelomaxwell (10368 posts) - - Show Bio

@m3th said:

June'sVeryOwn

That N!gga betta put on a "free" concert afterwards.

#8989 Posted by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn said:
@m3th said:

June'sVeryOwn

That N!gga betta put on a "free" concert afterwards.

For Real...

#8990 Posted by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio

Pusha T's new album is Something Else...

#8991 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (9387 posts) - - Show Bio

#8992 Posted by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio

Eminem's tracklist for MMLP 2 is out... Interesting.

#8993 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4654 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the freaking tracklist, I'm dying to hear "Love Game" for so many reasons. I love, love songs. I love heartfelt songs. I know eM is super lyrical. I know Kendrick is Super Lyrical. I love both of their love songs. I'm dying to see their chemistry together. I'm dying to hear the love song they made together. Is it about Hip HOp? Like the one Face and NaS did which was AWEsome! I reallly want to listen to it. I am interested in his album a lot... maybe more than Yeezus and that's saying something... I love Yeezy.

Pusha T's new album is Something Else...

Is that a good thing? I hope it's a good thing.

Did you happen to listen to Tech N9nes "Something Else" this year? That is definitely something else.

( +)

#8994 Edited by King Saturn (223841 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one said:

@king_saturn said:

I love the freaking tracklist, I'm dying to hear "Love Game" for so many reasons. I love, love songs. I love heartfelt songs. I know eM is super lyrical. I know Kendrick is Super Lyrical. I love both of their love songs. I'm dying to see their chemistry together. I'm dying to hear the love song they made together. Is it about Hip HOp? Like the one Face and NaS did which was AWEsome! I reallly want to listen to it. I am interested in his album a lot... maybe more than Yeezus and that's saying something... I love Yeezy.

It's too short IMO... plus it lacks a feature from Slaughterhouse or Dr. Dre. Other than that the lineup don't look too bad.

#8995 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one said:

@king_saturn said:

It's too short IMO... plus it lacks a feature from Slaughterhouse or Dr. Dre. Other than that the lineup don't look too bad.

Kinda reminds me of the Recovery tracklist; one guest rapper but mostly just singers. Looking forward to Love Game though - wondering how their chemistry will be. Though the lack of a Slaughterhouse track is a little disappointing...I remember enjoying Session One.

#8996 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4654 posts) - - Show Bio

@king_saturn: I don't trust Dre... yeah... I know... but I really don't. I love the guys music don't get me wrong, and I do feel a pressured from my friends to have to love snoop, dre, cube, game, and et cetera. However, there was a time where I was a huge fan of Game, G-Unit, Shady, and Aftermath. I personally was very excited for Stat, Lamont, Obie, Joell and et cetera.

Dre shelved them. Dre promoted Bishop Lamont the most, more than Joell and Stat. I heard he was to be the next "game," the next "snoop," the next "em", and the next "xzibit" all into one. And what happens? Shelved.

Once I heard rumors of Kendrick working with Dre (years ago) and I didn't see Dr. Dre himself talking too much about it I thought, he learned his lesson. He can't tell the people, this is the next [...] because it is too much expectation.

I kept seeing Kendrick pop up everywhere and I thought if he is working with Dre, this is the best route to take, for Kendrick to build his own hype and not the hype of "Dre's new protege."

That reminds me, what happened to Slim the Mobsta? The other so called protege. Look at Tito Lopez man. He isn't getting that much love and he's signed to Aftermath. I think Tito will end up like Joell or Lamont or Stat in the end.

Anyways,

On top of that, I think he's falling off when it comes to producing. He worries too much, keeps them for too long. Relapse and Encore had a lot of Dre beats, both are still whack. Recovery, I don't even remember it having a Dre beat in it, and it is my favorite second favorite (still debating) album from eM.

I do agree that he should have a Slaughterhouse feature. Maybe, he wants to pull the, "absence makes the heart grow fonder" move.

( +)

#8997 Edited by Yung ANcient One (4654 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: I totally forgot that Wayne was the only guest rapper on Recovery. HA! Again, I think eM might be doing the "absence makes the heart grow fonder" move.

Did you like "Our House" or aka Track Number one on their(house gang) second album?

EDIT:

Milestone-Post #3550 on Oct. 14, 2013 in LA, CA.

( +)

#8998 Posted by russellmania77 (14628 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish there was an ihop thread

#8999 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one said:

@veshark: I totally forgot that Wayne was the only guest rapper on Recovery. HA! Again, I think eM might be doing the "absence makes the heart grow fonder" move.

Did you like "Our House" or aka Track Number one on their(house gang) second album?

( +)

I haven't got around to listening that album yet, but I'll give that track a listen.

I just hope Marshall's a little more mellow on this album. He had a good mix of angry songs and more chilled out, comedic ones on his earlier albums. But Recovery just felt like one ongoing barrage of screaming. I mean I get the point, 'rage-rapping' is def one of Em's strong points, but hearing it on one track after the other gets a little nauseating.

...And the singing, dear Lord, some restraint!

#9000 Posted by russellmania77 (14628 posts) - - Show Bio

I eat rappers like you for breakfast and they usually burnt