• 77 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Now comicvine. Do any of you have any interesting headcanons that you'd like to share? Anything that'd fit the Urban Dictionary's definition will do.

Headcanon:

Used by followers of various media of entertainment, such as television shows, movies, books, etc. to note a particular belief which has not been used in the universe of whatever program or story they follow, but seems to make sense to that particular individual, and as such is adopted as a sort of "personal canon". Headcanon may be upgraded to canon if it is incorporated into the program or story's universe.

(Discussions are encouraged too because I'd love to have a thread that doesn't die.)

#2 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Smurf's headcanon;

None of it is real. Gargamel is just a schizophrenic mushroom addict who's created a fantasy world for himself in a fairy tale-esque medieval kingdom to avoid the fact that he's not a middle aged recluse. This explains why he lives with his cat and has little contact with anyone else but the smurfs; he refuses to let anyone even remind him of the fact it's all in his head. As for the Smurfs themselves, his goal just to catch one of them and eat them is just him with the munchies. And, he's created an elaborate moral high ground for them so unrealistically above average that he can consider his world and their activities plausible without anything colliding with any real world problems.

#3 Posted by King Saturn (223788 posts) - - Show Bio
alrighty then
Online
#4 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

Inception :

The guy is on acid...

end of story....

#5 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

The prequels of Star Wars aren't canon, it's just a collection of myths and legends circulating around connected to the history of the Clone Wars, rise of the Empire, etc.

#6 Posted by nickzambuto (12839 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is actually an immensely powerful reality warping alien. He has disguised himself as one of Earth's heroes in order to personally gauge the planets potential, and has even gone as far as to take on a number of apprentices to further his studies.

Online
#7 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Whenever The Doctor regenerates into a new body, his personality changes to have the characteristics he personally needed for himself the most.

#8 Posted by _Cain_ (23603 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102 said:

The prequels of Star Wars aren't canon, it's just a collection of myths and legends circulating around connected to the history of the Clone Wars, rise of the Empire, etc.

YES!

#9 Edited by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite what he might've claimed, the Joker remembers his past. He just wants people to be perfectly sure that anything connected to his past is lost forever.

#10 Posted by YoungJustice (6665 posts) - - Show Bio

The Kardashians are obviously top tier telepaths, how else do you think they get so many views.

#11 Posted by nickzambuto (12839 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

The Kardashians are obviously top tier telepaths, how else do you think they get so many views.

Because their cutting edge drama of course durr

Online
#12 Edited by JediXMan (29482 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this thread.

Mass Effect 3:

Shepard's fleet defeated the Reapers after he flipped off the Starchild-kid. Went on to live a life on Rannoch with Tali. Joker got with EDI.

#13 Posted by Inverno (13057 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

I like this thread.

Mass Effect 3:

Shepard's fleet defeated the Reapers after he flipped off the Starchild-kid. Went on to live a life on Rannoch with Tali. Joker got with EDI.

After a awesome final boss fight with the Harbinger. That somehow shuts down the entire Reaper fleet.

#14 Posted by JediXMan (29482 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@JediXMan said:

I like this thread.

Mass Effect 3:

Shepard's fleet defeated the Reapers after he flipped off the Starchild-kid. Went on to live a life on Rannoch with Tali. Joker got with EDI.

After a awesome final boss fight with the Harbinger. That somehow shuts down the entire Reaper fleet.

That's how I originally thought it would happen. I had a mental image of Shepard and two companions rushing through the interior of Harbinger, fighting off waves of Husks until Shepard himself gets to Harbinger's control center, they have a fight, and - at the brink of death - Shepard is saved by his crew.

Forgot to add that. Yeah, the above is part of my head canon.

#15 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

There aren't any mutant telepaths. They can just barely break through the fourth wall to read other people's thought bubbles.

#16 Posted by Mercy_ (92431 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

Batman is actually an immensely powerful reality warping alien. He has disguised himself as one of Earth's heroes in order to personally gauge the planets potential, and has even gone as far as to take on a number of apprentices to further his studies.

mindblown

Moderator
#17 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Skull's smart enough to understand the flaws of racial supremacy, he just likes that excuse to kill people and to collect dedicated followers he can easily manipulate.

#18 Posted by Inverno (13057 posts) - - Show Bio

Alex Mercer in Prototype 2 is not the same as in the first one. Its the real Alex Mercer infect with blacklight not his clone we played in Prototype 1.

#19 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11519 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

Alex Mercer in Prototype 2 is not the same as in the first one. Its the real Alex Mercer infect with blacklight not his clone we played in Prototype 1.

This makes perfect sense. Alex Mercer went through a whole personality change in the game.

#20 Posted by Inverno (13057 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94: I mean it would be brilliant if that happened because its established the original Alex Mercer was a sociopath who released the Blacklight virus out of spite (despite his sister living in the city). Its totally in character for him to try and take over the world when the clone Alex Mercer was a very brutal anti-hero but he still cared for his sister and in the end, the whole city too.

#21 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11519 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaioTrubat said:

@GrandSymbiote94: I mean it would be brilliant if that happened because its established the original Alex Mercer was a sociopath who released the Blacklight virus out of spite (despite his sister living in the city). Its totally in character for him to try and take over the world when the clone Alex Mercer was a very brutal anti-hero but he still cared for his sister and in the end, the whole city too.

I really want yours to be true bro. It would make so much sense to me. Also don't you think that Alex was severely nerfed in the game?

#22 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11519 posts) - - Show Bio

I did not make this up. I saw it in another website.

The Year is 2030. Ted Mosby is 52 years old, still sad and alone, while all his friends are married. He goes to a strip club, gets wasted, and ends up going home with one of the dancers, who happens to be a single mother. The morning after, as Ted prepares for the walk of shame, he walks out to find the woman's two kids on the couch. They awkwardly ask how this random stranger in their house knows their mom. Ted, being his socially awkward self, tells these two random children his entire life story, leading up to HOW HE MET THEIR MOTHER.

#23 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

I did not make this up. I saw it in another website.

The Year is 2030. Ted Mosby is 52 years old, still sad and alone, while all his friends are married. He goes to a strip club, gets wasted, and ends up going home with one of the dancers, who happens to be a single mother. The morning after, as Ted prepares for the walk of shame, he walks out to find the woman's two kids on the couch. They awkwardly ask how this random stranger in their house knows their mom. Ted, being his socially awkward self, tells these two random children his entire life story, leading up to HOW HE MET THEIR MOTHER.

Wow, that's really sad. But it makes sense considering how much detail he goes into with some of those stories...

#24 Posted by Inverno (13057 posts) - - Show Bio

@GrandSymbiote94 said:

@CaioTrubat said:

@GrandSymbiote94: I mean it would be brilliant if that happened because its established the original Alex Mercer was a sociopath who released the Blacklight virus out of spite (despite his sister living in the city). Its totally in character for him to try and take over the world when the clone Alex Mercer was a very brutal anti-hero but he still cared for his sister and in the end, the whole city too.

I really want yours to be true bro. It would make so much sense to me. Also don't you think that Alex was severely nerfed in the game?

Of course he was. I thought he would have turned into that thing that Elizabeth Greene transforned to defeat Heller. So disappointing.

#25 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

In Back to The Future, Biff Tannen's family was built off of generations of incest. That's why every Tannen family member from the past, present and future look the same.

#26 Posted by nickzambuto (12839 posts) - - Show Bio

Uncle Ben said with great power comes great responsibility

Online
#27 Edited by nickzambuto (12839 posts) - - Show Bio

Big Boss boned Paramedic.

Online
#28 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

James Bond is a Time Lord.

#29 Posted by Inverno (13057 posts) - - Show Bio

The post credit scene in the Avengers sets up the Deadpool movie. Thanos seemed pretty happy at the idea of "courting death" and he, Deadpool and Death did have a love triangle once. Deadpool's gonna show up and fight for his antromorphic personification girl!

#30 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

That guy who figured out Batman's identity in The Dark Knight was Edward Nigma operating under one of his alias. He never was able to reevaluate his plans to become the Riddler though because Batman disappeared for all those years, giving him no equal worth challenging.

#31 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

Halo :

The UNSC is losing to the Covenant horribly, and their extinction is slowing coming. SPARTANS are just the stuff of myths and stories made to boost morale.all for one last fight.

#33 Posted by ImmortalOne (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

The Marvel Universe is Spiderman's delusions after he gets bitten by a radioactive spider, which gives him cancer and insanity. He is currently residing in Arkham Asylum.

#34 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne said:

The Marvel Universe is Spiderman's delusions after he gets bitten by a radioactive spider, which gives him cancer and insanity. He is currently residing in Arkham Asylum.

Too bad the Marvel Universe existed before Spider-Man was created :P

#35 Posted by ImmortalOne (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@ImmortalOne said:

The Marvel Universe is Spiderman's delusions after he gets bitten by a radioactive spider, which gives him cancer and insanity. He is currently residing in Arkham Asylum.

Too bad the Marvel Universe existed before Spider-Man was created :P

Well maybe it didn't. Maybe the whole continuity is what Spidey thinks happened...

#36 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19908 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne said:

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

@ImmortalOne said:

The Marvel Universe is Spiderman's delusions after he gets bitten by a radioactive spider, which gives him cancer and insanity. He is currently residing in Arkham Asylum.

Too bad the Marvel Universe existed before Spider-Man was created :P

Well maybe it didn't. Maybe the whole continuity is what Spidey thinks happened...

It's plausible.

#37 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Doctor Who:

Davros created the Daleks in his image because he understood how to inherited strength that comes from physical weakness, being severely disabled himself.

#38 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Star Trek:

Captain Kirk uses up all the yellow shirts on the Enterprise because he rips his off so often. That's why he's the only one with a yellow shirt.

#39 Posted by Mattersuit (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel: Wolverine could totally b!tchslap Galactus.

#40 Posted by Inverno (13057 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by SmashBrawler (5483 posts) - - Show Bio

DCnU:

Emerald Twilight didn't happen, or at least it didn't happen the way it did Pre-52.

Online
#42 Posted by Swagger462 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

"The existence of Spongebob and his strange friends is the result of radiation from nuclear arms testing that was performed on the Bikini Atoll in the late 40's and early 50's. Since they live under the atoll, the town is known as 'Bikini Bottom."

Cracked explain it best.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19882_6-insane-but-convincing-fan-theories-about-kids-cartoons.html

#43 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Skull has very little interest in ruling the world, he just staples that goal onto his plans so he can act like a huge jerk all the time.

#44 Posted by andrewtheking (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dracade102:

after this scene .. ash became a unstoppable being who can not age

and that's why he's still like 12

#45 Edited by _Zombie_ (10312 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Widow being brainwashed again didn't happen.

totally not just desperately clinging to my Nat/Bucky ship

#46 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

As hinted in "The End of Time", Weeping Angels are Time Lords who were condemned under the reign of Rassilon. That's why the feed off of the potential lifespan of others, and why their appearances can often vary depending on the type of statue it's disguised as.

#47 Posted by _Cain_ (23603 posts) - - Show Bio

James Bond isn't an actual spy, But a codename for a series of spies that have worked under the 007 Moniker for decades, Which is why they look, Speak and on a VERY Rare few occasions, Act differently

#48 Posted by Joygirl (18445 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImmortalOne said:

The Marvel Universe is Spiderman's delusions after he gets bitten by a radioactive spider, which gives him cancer and insanity. He is currently residing in Arkham Asylum.

#49 Posted by Mattersuit (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

@shadowknight666 said:

James Bond isn't an actual spy, But a codename for a series of spies that have worked under the 007 Moniker for decades, Which is why they look, Speak and on a VERY Rare few occasions, Act differently

Is this not actual canon?

#50 Posted by _Zombie_ (10312 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mattersuit said:

@shadowknight666 said:

James Bond isn't an actual spy, But a codename for a series of spies that have worked under the 007 Moniker for decades, Which is why they look, Speak and on a VERY Rare few occasions, Act differently

Is this not actual canon?

It's been alluded to, I believe. But never confirmed.