#1 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Ghost has a more powerful curse? if the two actually curse eachother; which ghost would be the victor?

Scenario: An earthquake shifted the house of the Grudge to collapse on the wail of the Ring. Both dimentions convert into one due to the hate and anger... Which Ghost has the power to take which ghost down?

#2 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

7 days compared to less than 5....you do the math

#3 Posted by The Stegman (23031 posts) - - Show Bio

well..i was gonna make this battle..but since it's already here...BUMP! 

anyway, i think the Grudge is worse, the ring only kills people who physically watch the tape, in Grudge 2, the Grudge woman killed people who had never even BEEN in the house, she kills by freakin' association!

#4 Posted by Sherlock (7235 posts) - - Show Bio

That is fvcking scary i gotta go with Samara BTW Ringu is much better than the American version
#5 Edited by Ms. Omega (4403 posts) - - Show Bio

Grudge hands down Ring didnt scare me at all. Plus when the ghost was crawling down the stairs scared the crap outta me.

#6 Posted by Sherlock (7235 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ms. Omega said:
Grudge hands down Ring didnt scare me at all.
Thats because the scene i posted was the only scary part of the movie.Seriously watch the Japanese version much better
#7 Posted by The Stegman (23031 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sherlock:  

scary, but i respond with this 

#8 Posted by Sherlock (7235 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: Just doesnt do it for me the same way
#9 Posted by Roddy010 (5142 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ring was more powerful sending out omens and  haunting people until the seventh day and killing them...The Grudge wasn't scary at all...

#10 Edited by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

The Grudge...just because that curse was expanding(once the house was burned down in part 1 the curse was set lose) and eventually the curse will cover the whole globe. while in The Ring your fairly safe if you don't watch the video.

#11 Posted by Do I have to give a name? (971 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither were scary but I thought the ring was a much better film. The grudge I found to be very boring to be honest.  The curse from the ring is more powerful though, it completely consumed one reality and then leaked out into another and killed a great many people there.

#12 Posted by gravitypress (2069 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ms. Omega said:
Grudge hands down Ring didnt scare me at all. Plus when the ghost was crawling down the stairs scared the crap outta me.
#13 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (23172 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ring.

#14 Posted by Samimista (20597 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ring

#15 Posted by riri4life (7189 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't even remember what the grudge curse was... 

I just remember in the Ring 2, "I'M NOT YOUR F#&$ING MOMMY!" *kicks girl down the well* LMAO 

#16 Posted by The Stegman (23031 posts) - - Show Bio
@Do I have to give a name?:  

Neither were scary but I thought the ring was a much better film. The grudge I found to be very boring to be honest.  The curse from the ring is more powerful though, it completely consumed one reality and then leaked out into another and killed a great many people there.

true, but as long as you didn't watch the tape, you were safe from Samara, the curse was limited, as with the Grudge, it spread like wildfire, even after the cursed house was destroyed, the curse still existed, even if you had nothing to do with the house, you could still be caught inside the curse's power
#17 Posted by Do I have to give a name? (971 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: Actually anything that came into contact with the ring virus became a carrier. Even if a person was to read the research notes on Sadako they would become infected. The curse took over the whole planet. And then at the end it turned out that the world was a computer simulation, similar to the matrix. The virus broke out of it and started to give people a highly contagious form of cancer in the real world. It started off with the tape but just kept spreading through people and objects after that.  

You're right though in saying that the grudge curse spreads out as well though, just not to the same extent. Maybe it would given time, but the I'd say ring virus has the edge at the moment.
#18 Posted by lvv (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Ring because I was young and alone in the dark when I saw it the first time. And I prefer its story, it's kinda "criminal investigation" story, I love it. Grudge is boring.

#19 Posted by Sissel (1985 posts) - - Show Bio

Ring is a much better film. And much scary in the Japanese version.

#20 Posted by Perfect Cell (3470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sissel said:
Ring is a much better film. And much scary in the Japanese version.
I feel the opposite but it really depends on our preferences.
#21 Posted by jhazzroucher (15062 posts) - - Show Bio

The Grudge is a better horror film. I got scared on both films but The Grudge was scarier because the more people involved , the more people die. at least, in The Ring, you have th eoption not to watch the dvd or whatever was it.

What i like from The Grudge too is that it's like everybody really dies, even the main character.

The Grudge was scarier to the point that when i cover myself with the bedsheet, i would imagine the grudge crawling from my feet. And when i hear a bamboo crack, it sounded like the sound of the grudge

#22 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Ring -revolutionized horror genre and gave way to other Asian titles
Grudge -stepped up the horror genre with an insanely scary premise

None of the two really gave me the creeps the way the Exorcist did back when I first saw it as a kid. Or as sleepless as when I play Siren/Silent Hill games. But then again, I was already a senior in HS when I watched these two so I'm not scared. I pick the Ring in the end. I felt it had the better story. And the sequels/prequels had more depth to them.

#23 Posted by Edamame (27944 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer The Grudge.

#24 Posted by xmenfallen (1385 posts) - - Show Bio

the grudge is MUCH MORE SCARIER.......... i was 5 years old or so when i watched the grudge IT SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF MEE................ I REMEMBER I DID NOT WANT TO SLEEP ALONE

#25 Edited by sharingan_eyes (89 posts) - - Show Bio

In a fight, I say the Grudge girl (I think her name is Kayako) wins, going from the movies alone she seems more powerful, being able to be in more than one place at once, teleporting, is damn near impossible to kill, can possess the minds or bodies of others, can bind people with her hair, can play mind games with a person which suggests some level of telepathy as well as telekinesis. 

#26 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7542 posts) - - Show Bio

Ju-on > Ringu

#27 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the ring was a better movie.

#28 Posted by rdskns4eva (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Which movie is scarier - I like The Grudge better. It scared the heck out of me. Which movie is better? Probably the Ring. It just has a better story. Which curse is more powerful? The Grudge. With the Ring curse, you can beat it two ways. 1. Dont watch the video. 2. If you do watch the video, get someone to watch the video before the 7th day and you're good to go. Cant do that with the Grudge. Hell, you dont even need to step foot in the Grudge house to be killed by that damned spirit.

#29 Posted by Enemybird (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sherlock said:

That is fvcking scary i gotta go with Samara BTW Ringu is much better than the American version

#30 Posted by Jezer (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@Do I have to give a name? said:

@The Stegman: Actually anything that came into contact with the ring virus became a carrier. Even if a person was to read the research notes on Sadako they would become infected. The curse took over the whole planet. And then at the end it turned out that the world was a computer simulation, similar to the matrix. The virus broke out of it and started to give people a highly contagious form of cancer in the real world. It started off with the tape but just kept spreading through people and objects after that. You're right though in saying that the grudge curse spreads out as well though, just not to the same extent. Maybe it would given time, but the I'd say ring virus has the edge at the moment.

Anyone else who's seen the Ring not know wtf this guy's talking about?^

#31 Posted by The Stegman (23031 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jezer:  

@Do I have to give a name? said:

@The Stegman: Actually anything that came into contact with the ring virus became a carrier. Even if a person was to read the research notes on Sadako they would become infected. The curse took over the whole planet. And then at the end it turned out that the world was a computer simulation, similar to the matrix. The virus broke out of it and started to give people a highly contagious form of cancer in the real world. It started off with the tape but just kept spreading through people and objects after that. You're right though in saying that the grudge curse spreads out as well though, just not to the same extent. Maybe it would given time, but the I'd say ring virus has the edge at the moment.

Anyone else who's seen the Ring not know wtf this guy's talking about?^ 

Yeah, I had no idea what he was talking about, and I've seen the entire Ring series, If anything the Grudge curse spreads much, much faster.
#32 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

Wtf mofo

#33 Posted by KungFu (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Kayako takes this.

#34 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ring, although while pretty creepy I still say Exorcist is far creepier to me.

I liked how The Cabin in the Woods took cues from every major horror movie...lol

#35 Posted by jhazzroucher (15062 posts) - - Show Bio

The Grudge is better.

#36 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

@Do I have to give a name? said:

@The Stegman: The curse took over the whole planet. And then at the end it turned out that the world was a computer simulation, similar to the matrix. The virus broke out of it and started to give people a highly contagious form of cancer in the real world. It started off with the tape but just kept spreading through people and objects after that.

I must dozed off during that part.

#37 Posted by BlackPookie (610 posts) - - Show Bio

THE RING

#38 Posted by They Killed Cap! (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ring was better, but they both suck.

#39 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ring was better and creepier

#40 Posted by Voorhees100 (233 posts) - - Show Bio

The American "Ring" was better than the American "Grudge" but Ju On was much, MUCH better than that piece of crap Ringu.

As for battles, I believed Kayoko from the Grudge was more powerful than Samara.