#1 Edited by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

I seen this movie last night(Blue-ray) and last time i seen a good movie like this was in 2009(Inglorious Bastards)

I would give this movie 9 out of 10 and some scenes were disturbing, but sometimes that is good for movies.

I love the theme and environment for this movie and if you like mystery movies then this movie is for you.

I heard it was based on true story, but don't know if it is true or not.

Anyway have you seen this movie? if not then i would suggest you give it a try! if you saw it then grade the movie!

Also i didn't truly get the story and if you briefly explain in a nutshell it would be greatly appreciative.

#2 Posted by SC (12909 posts) - - Show Bio

The writer of the trilogy once witnessed a gang raping of a girl, and it haunted him, and it also played a large part of his writings. I think that is what you might mean as far as hearing its based on a true story? I have seen the movie (the original movie trilogy based on books) but also the David Fincher version. Which one did you watch or have questions about? My "story in a nutshell" tends to be boring and long lol 

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by wario1988 (990 posts) - - Show Bio

I watched the one with poster i posted.

#4 Posted by God_Spawn (37584 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the originals were better.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by The Stegman (23785 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it's not based on a true story, at least I don't think so, it's INSPIRED by a true story, the author of the books witnessed a gang raping once and didn't do anything about it, feeling bad, he wrote the novels to expose the treatment of women in his country, at least, that's what I hear.  

Anyway, I haven't seen the new American version, but I've seen the original Swedish trilogy, and loved them, Lisbeth Salander is just wonderful.

#6 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't watched it. Rape scenes make me feel uncomfortable.

#7 Posted by Edamame (28062 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen this film yet. I'll check it out one of these days.

#8 Posted by The Stegman (23785 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024:  

Well..to be fair, it's not like it's one giant rape movie...the scene is literally like 2 minutes long, and even then, not much is shown, you can even skip it if you feel necessarily.
#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
@Gambit1024:  

Well..to be fair, it's not like it's one giant rape movie...the scene is literally like 2 minutes long, and even then, not much is shown, you can even skip it if you feel necessarily.
Seriously? Every review I've heard made it sound like it was the most intense thing on Earth. 
#10 Posted by The Stegman (23785 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024:  

@The Stegman  said: 

@Gambit1024:  

Seriously? Every review I've heard made it sound like it was the most intense thing on Earth. 

That's because American Audiences tend to get squimish around the "R" word, it's really not that long of a scene, nor as graphic, as a matter of fact, I've seen worse (Last House on the Left comes to mind) But it IS important because. 

#11 Posted by Izaiah (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

I saw the Swedish movie trilogy, haven't gotten around to seeing the American version...

#12 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

It wasn't a bad movie. Sure I could live without seeing a few certain scenes but still it was nice.

#13 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
I prefer the Swedish original, but the US one was well done, too.  3/5
#14 Posted by Billy Batson (57914 posts) - - Show Bio
it's going to get a comic version too

BB

#15 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson: With Mina writing, it might as well didn't. But Manco's art is going to be good, more than likely.
#16 Posted by Billy Batson (57914 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_:

I've heard her OGNs are good unlike her ongoing stuff.
BB

#17 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:

@Morpheus_:

BB

I've heard the same.  

I am negatively predisposed due to her Hellblazer run, I otherwise have no beef with her.
#18 Posted by Billy Batson (57914 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Billy Batson said:

@Morpheus_:

BB

I've heard the same.

I am negatively predisposed due to her Hellblazer run, I otherwise have no beef with her.

Then why complain since it's not an ongoing? :p
BB

#19 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

I recommend watching both versions (US and foreign). all are real good.

#20 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson: I'd have to sample her OGNs for myself before deciding, and her Hellblazer work does not exactly prompt me to. :P 

Besides, it's difficult to call it an original work since it more or less is going to be an adaptation of the novel.
#21 Posted by Billy Batson (57914 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_:

Everybody has a stinker.
True but I see the chance of it being the same caliber as her OGNs it being one solid work.
BB

#22 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

#23 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the movie looked bad cuz the chick playing her was fugly and looked like a guy that's been doing coke for too many years.

If I wanted to see a movie about drugs I'd watch scarface.

#24 Posted by Enemybird (3216 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the american version better...

#25 Posted by nickthedevil (11875 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked both of them equally.

#26 Posted by HolySerpent (12515 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the American version.

#27 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4229 posts) - - Show Bio

Have yet to see the American version of the film but the original trilogy is great. I'm debating reading the books.

#28 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupremeHyperion said:

I recommend watching both versions (US and foreign). all are real good.

But foreign is better.... Not my 2 cents. Critics agree. Hehehe! But yeah both are good.