The Gaming Thread

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

@dragonborn_ct: I'm pretty sure Dark Messiah is available through the Xbox Live Marketplace (if you have Xbox) as a Direct download!

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1556  Edited By MonsterStomp

@frogdog said:

@monsterstomp said:

@frogdog: I agree, it took me ages. I'm stuck on this gorilla robot thing and I just quit. Who makes a game undefeatable? Asians!

From the sewers or the elevator? Hell the game is harder than most but undefeatable? Nah

Sewers.

Uncanny_Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uncanny_doom said:

@deadpoolrules said:

Finally got to play Battleblock Theatre,now that's a cool,challenging and cooperative game.

I love that game. One of the funniest I've ever played.

Anyone ever play Dust, on Xbox Live Arcade? Recently got it, it's pretty fun so far.

It's the most amazing arcade cooperative game ever.I mean,gotta love the union between Behemoth and New Grounds,it's giving us masterpieces,not only Battleblock,but Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid were great games.

Anyways,do you want to play it any time?I'm free this weekend =D

Sure, what's your gamertag?

And yeah, I enjoyed Alien Hominid, and absolutely loved Castle Crashers. I think it's cool how BattleBlock Theater was inspired by the PDA minigame in Alien Hominid, and even has that catchy music on the soundtrack.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Started Ni No Kuni a little earlier. Not too far in. Still through the battle system tutorial. Probably play more in half an hour.

Hows it going so far?

Loading Video...

Is that from Giant Bomb?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@jonny_anonymous: I'm like 3/4 hours in and the tutorial is still going on lol. It seems almost done though. Lots of dialogue throughout the tutorial. The main character hasn't really grown on me but Mr. Drippy has a lot of personality. Drippy reminds me a lot of Craig Ferguson. The graphics look similar to Wind Waker. =D

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: He is! So far it seems he's the star of the show. xD Cute lil fairy.~

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: I remember him from the GB Quicklook. I also remember hearing that it's a good idea to do every side mission you find or it gets real hard towards the end.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@monsterstomp said:

@frogdog: I agree, it took me ages. I'm stuck on this gorilla robot thing and I just quit. Who makes a game undefeatable? Asians!

From the sewers or the elevator? Hell the game is harder than most but undefeatable? Nah

Sewers.

When the gorilla is flashing yellow, it means they are going to grab you. Ninja run away from them. Watch their movements because they tend to jump off walls. Buying the Defensive Offensive and air parry can help as well.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#1564  Edited By Aiden Cross

Started the Walking Dead game i got from someone. But i can't really call it a game, the story is good so far but it's an interactive story really. It's not bad, but not what i look for in a game either. I want to actually play :p

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aiden_cross: The Walking Dead is basically what is known as an "adventure" game. A fully interactive point and click story which is entirely focused on story and character interaction rather than actual gameplay.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1566  Edited By Aiden Cross

@deranged_midget: yeah i know it's a game. But it just doesn't feel to me like a game by my own definition of the word :) With adventure game i think of something like Uncharted or Tomb Raider. It's not bad by any means, don't get me wrong. And you're absolutely right.

But it's just not what I expected it to be :)

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aiden_cross: Haha, Uncharted or Tomb Raider are what is known as Action/Adventure games ;) Similar games to Telltale's the Walking Dead have been around for a long time, they just go largely unnoticed and tend to be situated on the PC.

Having said that, I myself was in your position and craved some zombie killing action but trust me, play through the five episodes and you won't regret it. That games digs into you like no other game has before. It's all about moral choice and it does not take it lightly.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skyrim skyrim skyrim skyrim skyrim skyrim skyrim skyrim skyrim! SKYRIM!!!!!!!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Skyrim skyrim skyrim skyrim skyrim skyrim skyrim skyrim skyrim! SKYRIM!!!!!!!

I'm not sure what your trying to say?......

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#1570  Edited By Pyrogram

@aiden_cross: Haha, Uncharted or Tomb Raider are what is known as Action/Adventure games ;) Similar games to Telltale's the Walking Dead have been around for a long time, they just go largely unnoticed and tend to be situated on the PC.

Having said that, I myself was in your position and craved some zombie killing action but trust me, play through the five episodes and you won't regret it. That games digs into you like no other game has before. It's all about moral choice and it does not take it lightly.

I second this!

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait for the full trailer of this. Anyone else feel like the two will team up for this game? Would make an epic duo imo.

Loading Video...
SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally got around to playing Blood Dragon. My God, that was amazing. Pure comedic genius.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just awesome.

Loading Video...
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The awkward moment when Arkham Origins has a four minute cinematic that is better than any of Batman's previous animated films.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The awkward moment when Arkham Origins has a four minute cinematic that is better than any of Batman's previous animated films.

Seriously? Better than under the red hood? Better than the dark knight returns?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tomorrow's the next Xbox. Anyone going to watch that announcement?

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1577  Edited By King_Saturn

I wonder how bad that Star Trek game is ?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yep

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep!

I wonder how bad that Star Trek game is ?

It's average. Your standard third-person shooter with the odd exception of horrendous friendly and enemy A.I.

@stormbox said:

Seriously? Better than under the red hood? Better than the dark knight returns?

In terms of pure animation, it's not even a contest. Obviously Red Hood and DKR are full-length and hold a genuine plot but man, make a full length film utilizing that CGI tech and Origins premise and that'd make one heck of a movie.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: @deranged_midget: =D Do you guys know if it's airing on TV or online? I'm unsure which TV station it'll air on but usually online there's streams I think. Can't wait. Today Sony released a PS4 teaser except the console was a bit blurred out. 0.0

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: It'll be streaming tomorrow on both IGN and Xbox.com! I believe it starts at 10 am Pacific time!

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Lol! I had to check my computer clock to see my time zone. xD According to Google I'm three hours ahead of Pacific time. Good thing. =D 10 AM is usually the time I start waking up. xD Have to say, console wise I'm probably gonna go for Xbox since I'm sure Halo will remain an exclusive since that's Microsoft's baby. This gen I had both consoles (got the PS3 from dad and 360 from brother) but next gen I'm sticking to Xbox and PC hopefully. =D

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: @deranged_midget: =D Do you guys know if it's airing on TV or online? I'm unsure which TV station it'll air on but usually online there's streams I think. Can't wait. Today Sony released a PS4 teaser except the console was a bit blurred out. 0.0

I'm gonna watch it on Giant Bomb, there gonna have two streams, one with just the regular microsoft stuff and one with them talking through it. I'v always been a PS guy so I'll likely get it then an Xbox somewhere down the line. Apparently Bungies next game will be on Xbox and PS

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1585  Edited By Samimista

@samimista said:

I'm gonna watch it on Giant Bomb, there gonna have two streams, one with just the regular microsoft stuff and one with them talking through it. I'v always been a PS guy so I'll likely get it then an Xbox somewhere down the line. Apparently Bungies next game will be on Xbox and PS

Destiny? That's gonna be a fun title. Never watched GB's streams though yet I lurk on there a lot. 0.0

Can't wait for E3 as well. Watch that every year. =D E3 is my favorite time of the year to be honest. Always get so excited over the trailers and people there. xD

One thing that sucks about not getting a PS4 is that I probably can't play Uncharted 4 then. D= Naughty Dog always comes out with fun games. Miss Crash.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@samimista: I will most definitely be picking up the new Xbox! I care little for an "always online" connection because honestly, what isn't constantly connected to the internet these days?

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1587  Edited By Samimista

@deranged_midget: Wanna know something weird? I have wireless internet yet cannot sign onto Xbox Live unless if I plug the router or modem plug (don't know which one is which lol) into the Xbox. 0.o I've only done that once since the router and modem are in the living room where parents always are but if I ever want to add friends I gotta do it through my laptop on the Xbox's website. 0.0

But you are right though. Almost everything is connected to the internet now. We have technology. =D

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone know what COD: Ghost will be about? I can't find much.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kramotz: Not too much is known yet mate! More will definitely be revealed alongside the Xbox unveiling tomorrow! What we do know is that is apparently has no relation to the previous Modern Warfare series and characters.

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kramotz: Not too much is known yet mate! More will definitely be revealed alongside the Xbox unveiling tomorrow! What we do know is that is apparently has no relation to the previous Modern Warfare series and characters.

I also don't get the name; Ghost died in MW2, if I'm correct... or did he? I feel it's either going to finally kill the series, or finally rejuvenate the series.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kramotz said:

I also don't get the name; Ghost died in MW2, if I'm correct... or did he? I feel it's either going to finally kill the series, or finally rejuvenate the series.

I'm thinking the title is more coincidental than anything. It's probably more in relation to a tactical approach to the series. A more elite group of soldiers in control of stealthier tactics, possibly camouflage options. Kind of like a first-person Ghost Recon?

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kramotz said:

I'm thinking the title is more coincidental than anything. It's probably more in relation to a tactical approach to the series. A more elite group of soldiers in control of stealthier tactics, possibly camouflage options. Kind of like a first-person Ghost Recon?

That would elevate the series. I'm tired of running around in multiplayer just runnin' and gunnin' all day. Tactics would really be nice. And COD is heading in the futuristic path, so... who knows?

But if it is THAT similar to Ghost Recon, I wouldn't say coincidental is the right word; more like copying. I like the stealth aspec, but I don't want it to be THAT similar.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kramotz: I'm sure the team at Infinity Ward is more than creative enough to create a new formula with the new engine that Call of Duty will undertake with the next generation of consoles. With a seemingly obvious departure from the Modern Warfare "universe", it's possible that they could do something fresh and unique with the series.

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1594  Edited By Stormbox

@deranged_midget: Oh man, you kinda scared me there lol

Yea, agreed there. These cinematics are amazing. Too bad spirits within showed there was little market for these movies and beowulf effectively killed that market

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormbox said:

@deranged_midget: Oh man, you kinda scared me there lol

Yea, agreed there. These cinematics are amazing. Too bad spirits within showed there was little market for these movies and beowulf effectively killed that market

Yeah, not to mention they are unreasonably expensive to produce!

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Hey bro, did you hear about 'Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon's Keep'? You know, the final DLC for Borderlands 2?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkazrael999: I have! Haven't looked too deeply into the matter but it looks pretty rad!

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deranged_midget: Yeah. Tina's the best character in the game so far. That 'Eat Cookies and Crap Thunder' moment was priceless. :D

So, what are your thoughts on Dragon Age III?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anybody seen Among the Sleep?

Loading Video...

It's pretty god dman creepy. If you follow the link in the video you can download the FREE alpha

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. Tina's the best character in the game so far. That 'Eat Cookies and Crap Thunder' moment was priceless. :D

So, what are your thoughts on Dragon Age III?

To be honest, I was never a fan of the Dragon Age series, I just couldn't get into the combat. I love the universe and I've watched my cousin play through the entirety of both games but I could personally never stand more than 10 minutes of it myself.

From what I've heard, Dragon Age is utilizing a completely new engine, Frostbite was it? They're apparently revamping combat or are they taking a more central approach as they did with Origins?