#1451 Posted by frogdog (3248 posts) - - Show Bio

The "MERICA" weapon needs more guns attached.

#1452 Posted by King Saturn (224203 posts) - - Show Bio

That game is gonna be epic.

#1453 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy crap...

#1454 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5907 posts) - - Show Bio
#1455 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I don't know if I'll get Rising anytime soon now. I mean, I have heard such wonderful things about it and it seems Raiden has developed more as a character but someone said I probably should wait another month or two when the price drops. I have cash now but might just wait on it. To be honest I'm really liking how Raiden has become a multilayer character with personality. But, Grey Fox will always be my favorite Metal Gear character.

Lol! That's funny. Final Fantasy is my first favorite series with Metal Gear being my second. xD Haven't played too much Resident Evil but Leon is awesome. =D

Such a shame with Final Fantasy though. I do agree with you on it's quality. Personally? I'm neutral with XIII but feel that it's been shoved down people's throats? Lightning's cool but it seems Enix tries making her to be a celebrity.

The only XIII game I was looking forward to was Versus. I was ten years old when that was announced and now I'm 17. Sad to say that isn't out yet. I'm sure it'll be announced at the E3 coming up as Final Fantasy XV but honestly? A lot of my hype for the title died long ago. I'll still probably pick the title up but quite ridiculous Enix could release three XIII titles (soon to be three anyways) and a bunch of KH spinoffs before Versus.

I like how Kojima seems to care about the fanbase and how the series is in high quality. As crazy as this may even sound? It's like the voice actors are a family to the fans with how much they joke around and been around with the series so long. I absolutely love how mad (in a good way) Kojima is since in my opinion not only is he a video game designer but an entertainer as well with how he puts on a show. I mean, just look at the whole Phantom Pain marketing? This has been an absolute hoot to watch. At least that's how I feel on it. Curious though if it was really Cliffy B acting as Joakim on the Spike interview.

Have you seen the newer Phantom Pain related video?

June 11th he said. That's E3. Interesting enough 'oni' means 'ogre' in Japanese. Never have I once bought that Hayter wouldn't be in Phantom Pain. Especially since you gotta be careful trusting Kojima. My guess is either Hayter will be voice acting Big Boss before the nine year coma or is voice acting him all together and for some reason Hideo doesn't want anyone knowing yet. Maybe a kid Snake will even appear since he should be 11 in 1984. Though, I don't think Hideo would show us a young Snake so who knows.

I apologize for the late reply and long response by the way. I just love Metal Gear very much.

Oh snap, I 100% agree with everything you just said LOL I was hugely looking forward to Versus but the longer it gets the more jaded Iv been becoming and it's a shame since everything I'd seen/read about it made me think I'd love the game as much as FF8 (my actual fav FF game).

My fav Metal Gear characters (not including Snake/Big Boss) are Fox, Vamp, Raiden and Johnny Sasaki and for some reason Decoy Octopus. Since Decoy never got to play a major part in MGS I'v always wanted to see him pull some sort of switcharoo and reveal himself to still be alive or to see him turn up in a game set in the past.

I knew David Hayter would be in the game, there is no way he would have refused and no way Kojima would have left him out on purpose.

#1456 Edited by Samimista (20717 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous:

Your favorite is VIII? =O That's my second favorite but it really is awesome! I always love the Laguna flashbacks the most. My favorite scene of the whole game is actually where you meet Julia. ^__^ I like how the theme of the game is destiny and that everything ties in together. While I like both Squall and Rinoa I felt that there was better love stories in the series? But I love Laguna's love stories since it shows even after your first love you can still move on. Though, I believe VI was like that with Locke as well.

Grey Fox's my favorite too. I hope Metal Gear 1 and 2 will be remade. Would love to see the Grey Fox and Solid Snake fight in the minefield. I tried playing both of the originals but I found it very hard and the save system to be too much with the passwords. Though, I think games back then were like that?

To be honest, say hypothetically if he wasn't voice acting Big Boss, I actually wouldn't mind. Personally, the first Snake I was introduced to was Solid so that's who I view Hayter as. He's great as Naked Snake too but Richard Doyle isn't bad as Big Boss. Though, I am sure Hayter will be voice acting Big Boss whether it's before the 9 year coma or in another way. But now, if someone replaced Hayter as Solid Snake then I'd be really disappointed.

I'm very much interested in Ishmael. He seems like Big Boss's guardian angel yet a figment of his imagination. I was hoping that Ishmael was going to be Grey Fox but unsure of that now. Though I am curious if it was Cliff Bleszinski who acted as Joakim during the Spike TV interview...Quite a show this Phantom Pain marketing has been so far.

Gonna completely go crazy if Hayter walks on stage at E3 and goes, "Kept you waiting, huh?" 0.0 So hoping that's the case. =D Would even be more awesome if both Kojima and Joakim present Phantom Pain. 0.0

#1457 Posted by Dragonborn_CT (22285 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this some kind of trolling?!?!

#1458 Edited by KingOfAsh (3611 posts) - - Show Bio

Started playing Fire Emblem: Awakening. It seems to have more anime cliches than older titles, but I've only just started, so we will see.

Mortal Kombat is finally getting an Australian release. (Did I mention R rated games are allowed here now?)!

Looking forward to Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (as shown above) and FAbles: The Wolf Among Us. In the long run I'm looking forward to The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, Dark Souls II, Whore of the Orient and Etrian Odyssey 4.

#1459 Posted by skooks (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Started playing Fire Emblem: Awakening. It seems to have more anime cliches than older titles, but I've only just started, so we will see.

Mortal Kombat is finally getting an Australian release. (Did I mention R rated games are allowed here now?)!

Looking forward to Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (as shown above) and FAbles: The Wolf Among Us. In the long run I'm looking forward to The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt, Dark Souls II, Whore of the Orient and Etrian Odyssey 4.

Whore of the Orient looks unlikely, the dev shut down.

#1460 Edited by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

So...

Last of Us got spoiled Online

#1461 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@jameskm716: Saw that on IGN, never really read anything that contains "Spoilers" in the headline. Nonetheless, I don't have a PS3 but I won't rule out that possibility that I might play the game sometime down the line :)

#1462 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (22285 posts) - - Show Bio

O_o

This is the first time I hear about it. I wonder how awkward would have been to ask about playing with the Whore of the Orient...

#1463 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

I was gonna make a separate topic for this but I may as well post here. I'm looking to buy a 360 game for either my birthday or after my exams have finished but I can't seem to pinpoint many suitable candidates. My favourite genres are action adventure, open world sandboxes, RPGS preferably with good gameplay and some shooters. So far, only Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed 3 have taken my fancy.

#1464 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I was gonna make a separate topic for this but I may as well post here. I'm looking to buy a 360 game for either my birthday or after my exams have finished but I can't seem to pinpoint many suitable candidates. My favourite genres are action adventure, open world sandboxes, RPGS preferably with good gameplay and some shooters. So far, only Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed 3 have taken my fancy.

Far Cry 3

#1465 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio
#1466 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@jonny_anonymous: Ooh I heard good things about that. Is it fun to play?

Yea it's great fun to play and Vaas is a great character. It's got some really strong Lord of the Flies/Apocalypse Now/The Beach themes going on as well.

#1467 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@jonny_anonymous: Ooh I heard good things about that. Is it fun to play?

Yea it's great fun to play and Vaas is a great character. It's got some really strong Lord of the Flies/Apocalypse Now/The Beach themes going on as well.

I read The Lord of the Flies to death for my GCSE English exam (ugh memories). And The Beach is a good book too. Interesting themes it's playing on. That sounds like a possibility for a future buy.

#1468 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Have you played the entire trilogy of Mass Effect? I highly recommend doing so! On top of that, Far Cry 3 is probably one of the best games of recent memory IMO.

#1469 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else play Dark Souls, just curious.

#1470 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Just finished Bioshock Infinite...

.... Any of you who were wondering whether or not to play this game, PLAY THIS GAME. The ending is off the wall bonkers in the most genius of ways.

#1471 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Mass Effect did entice me as a possible choice. I was thinking of starting from the beginning. What about Assassin's Creed 3? Would you rate that as a possible worthwhile purchase over Mass Effect?

#1472 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I adore the Assassins Creed franchise and while it's not fair and completely inaccurate to compare Mass Effect to AC, I could never recommend the AC3 over any installment of Mass Effect. If you want to see the conclusion to the story (thus far), it's a fun choice but ME outranks it in almost everyway. Content, customization, story, gameplay!

#1473 Edited by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: How good is the gameplay by the way? I was let down by Dragon Age 2's poor gameplay. I take it Mass Effect is better than that? And what class do you usually play as in the Mass Effect games? I'm tempted by the Vanguard since I like the idea of combining combat and biotic abilities. Sorry for the questions, just a Mass Effect newb trying to get the picture :P

#1474 Posted by Samimista (20717 posts) - - Show Bio

Has anyone else here played Trails In The Sky?

#1475 Edited by frogdog (3248 posts) - - Show Bio

#1476 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone excited about the Last of Us or the new Splinter Cell? :)

#1477 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@aiden_cross: Sweet mother of spies! Blacklist looks INCREDIBLE! The campaign looks relatively similar to Conviction but that's good with me! The return of Mercs vs Spies though! :D :D :D

Don't have a PS3 so I can't really comment on Last of Us :P

#1478 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget: How good is the gameplay by the way? I was let down by Dragon Age 2's poor gameplay. I take it Mass Effect is better than that? And what class do you usually play as in the Mass Effect games? I'm tempted by the Vanguard since I like the idea of combining combat and biotic abilities. Sorry for the questions, just a Mass Effect newb trying to get the picture :P

Yeesh, it's shameful to compare Dragon Age's gameplay to that of Mass Effect. For one, they are completely different games in every way! The original Mass Effect had somewhat clunky mechanics and the second and third installment absolutely nailed the controls! I always play as Infiltrator! I love sniping in Mass Effect!

#1479 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: i know!! I love the fact that you can play in different ways, lethal / non lethal / agressive or stealthy, or a mix of the two. Loads of gadgets! I know many people complain that Ironside doesn't do the voice in this game, but meh.. Change is good sometimes :)

#1480 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

i know!! I love the fact that you can play in different ways, lethal / non lethal / agressive or stealthy, or a mix of the two. Loads of gadgets! I know many people complain that Ironside doesn't do the voice in this game, but meh.. Change is good sometimes :)

Eh, I couldn't care less that Ironside isn't returning. He was good, but it doesn't make much of a difference to me. I hope they bring back the co-op missions that Conviction had as well! That was some awesome stuff!

#1481 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: i haven't heard anything about that, but i'm assuming they will. The gameplay looks incredibly smooth though.

#1482 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeesh, it's shameful to compare Dragon Age's gameplay to that of Mass Effect. For one, they are completely different games in every way! The original Mass Effect had somewhat clunky mechanics and the second and third installment absolutely nailed the controls! I always play as Infiltrator! I love sniping in Mass Effect!

Clunky eh? That's what I heard in reviews. But it would be better story wise to start at the first one wouldn't it? And I'm just reconsidering what class I should be. Would vanguard suit a more tank style player like myself?

#1483 Edited by Samimista (20717 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone excited about the Last of Us or the new Splinter Cell? :)

I have never played Splinter Cell? =O I've had talked to Tom Clancy's son through Twitter before due to our Inferior Ego. Am looking forward to Last of Us though. Especially with Ellen Page.

We also talked about games coming out last year and he seemed psyched for Dead Space 3. That's somewhere on my Twitter page. Never really use it but at the time of this screenshot is when I tried to. Other than Thom I've got Tweets from Joakim N. Mogren and Quinton Flynn with a private message from David Hayter. One good thing about Twitter is how the gaming industry is so welcomed to chatting with others across the world.

Anyone else looking forward to the Thief reboot more than ACIV btw?

#1484 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Have you watched Final Fantasy: Advent Children?

#1485 Edited by Samimista (20717 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I used to watch it almost every Friday night back in 2007 lol. It's funny actually. That's the year I was introduced to Final Fantasy (knew of it before from Kingdom Hearts though) but since 2002 I've been watching a soap opera called General Hospital (also where I got my username from) and my favorite character on there Steve Burton plays. Steve Burton is Cloud's voice actor. =D Though he left the soap almost a year ago. Looking back since I know more about Final Fantasy, Advent was nice fan service but don't like how Cloud is portrayed outside of VII. Especially since at the end of VII he grew into a much stronger character that it seems Nomura has forgot about.

#1486 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I used to watch it almost every Friday night back in 2007 lol. It's funny actually. That's the year I was introduced to Final Fantasy (knew of it before from Kingdom Hearts though) but since 2002 I've been watching a soap opera called General Hospital (also where I got my username from) and my favorite character on there Steve Burton plays. Steve Burton is Cloud's voice actor. =D Though he left the soap almost a year ago. Looking back since I know more about Final Fantasy, Advent was nice fan service but don't like how Cloud is portrayed outside of VII. Especially since at the end of VII he grew into a much stronger character that it seems Nomura has forgot about.

What I don't get is why everybody seems to think Cloud is all emo and stuff, I didn't get that at all when playing the game, to me he seemed more arrogant and cold at the beginning and then evolved later on.

I'v always wanted a FF8 film or spin off game about Seifer and his redemption I don't think I'll ever get that so I'll just do my own fan fic on here lol

#1487 Posted by Samimista (20717 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista said:

What I don't get is why everybody seems to think Cloud is all emo and stuff, I didn't get that at all when playing the game, to me he seemed more arrogant and cold at the beginning and then evolved later on.

I'v always wanted a FF8 film or spin off game about Seifer and his redemption I don't think I'll ever get that so I'll just do my own fan fic on here lol

I completely agree. That's kinda my problem with Cloud outside of VII as it seems he's written more emo-like? I mean, the guy has dealt with quite a lot in the past so that's understandable but I just love the Cloud in VII as like you said, at first he was kinda the arrogant soldier who had a sarcastic sense of humor and later on evolved into a great leader. Cloud's actually my favorite game character of all time since he was the first gaming character I grown emotionally attach to despite being a gamer since I was two (didn't play Final Fantasy til I was 11).

Ah. =D I was just gonna say that I would love to see a VIII or X movie. ^__^ I absolutely love VIII! Such a shame Enix didn't explore the Seifer/Rinoa/Squall love triangle that much. Seems it was dropped after Disc 1. Love the past scenes in VIII with Laguna. Always loved VIII but never really understood the theme of it til a few years ago. It seems to be about how fate works wonders. I like how VIII shows that life goes on after first loves with how Laguna and Julia met Rayne and the General who's name escapes me. Really wish Ellone was a main character.

Have you played VI or IX?

#1488 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@samimista said:

I completely agree. That's kinda my problem with Cloud outside of VII as it seems he's written more emo-like? I mean, the guy has dealt with quite a lot in the past so that's understandable but I just love the Cloud in VII as like you said, at first he was kinda the arrogant soldier who had a sarcastic sense of humor and later on evolved into a great leader. Cloud's actually my favorite game character of all time since he was the first gaming character I grown emotionally attach to despite being a gamer since I was two (didn't play Final Fantasy til I was 11).

Ah. =D I was just gonna say that I would love to see a VIII or X movie. ^__^ I absolutely love VIII! Such a shame Enix didn't explore the Seifer/Rinoa/Squall love triangle that much. Seems it was dropped after Disc 1. Love the past scenes in VIII with Laguna. Always loved VIII but never really understood the theme of it til a few years ago. It seems to be about how fate works wonders. I like how VIII shows that life goes on after first loves with how Laguna and Julia met Rayne and the General who's name escapes me. Really wish Ellone was a main character.

Have you played VI or IX?

Yea it's weird, he's even like that in Dissidia. Yea same, I first loved FF when I played Final Fantasy Mystic Quest when I was little but I wasn't truly invested till FF VII, up untill then I had never really played a game that was so epic and character driven.

Laguna is such a loveable character, I really enjoyed the flash backs but a lot of pepole complain about them. General Fury Caraway ^_^. My favourite character will always be Seifer though, he's such a complex character, he's Squall's rival and he's brash and a bit of a jerk but he's not a bad person everything he did was for a noble cause that just got twisted.

I have played IX (ViVi is awesome) and I got VI I got Final Fantasy Origins ( I & II) and Final Fantasy Anthology (V & IV) but I never got round to getting VI.

#1489 Edited by logy5000 (5774 posts) - - Show Bio

Galaga is the greatest game in existence.

#1490 Posted by Samimista (20717 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I forgot to mention in the last post that I liked him in Crisis Core as well. I thought that portrayed him well in shaping up the character he became in VII. Times I feel like I'm one of the few who support both Cloud & Tifa and Cloud & Aerith lol. My older brother is who introduced me to Final Fantasy. He grew up with VII when it came out. ^__^ I'm just a year older than VII so I didn't have the experience of playing it when it was still new. Yet, I've played Ocarina of Time as a young kid. 0.o

I actually got a piano last month due to how Nobuo's music touches me in an emotional way. Matter of fact, after I learn Never Forget from Halo I plan on learning Julia's Theme. =D I love seeing Rayne's ghost in Winhill. Find that to be a bit haunting. Ah! That's his name. xD I actually like Seifer too. Quite humorous with chicken wuss and the boy who reached puberty in his squad...XD

Ah VI. I've never beaten it but I think this summer I'll restart. Even though I haven't beat it I just love it's soundtrack. Did you know Aerith's Theme is a remake of Aria Di Mezzo Carattere?

Love Shadow as well. =D I would love to see him, Zer0, Snake Eyes and Grey Fox have a duel. 0.0 That would be so epic! I won't spoil too much for you but it really is a work of art. =D

#1491 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I forgot to mention in the last post that I liked him in Crisis Core as well. I thought that portrayed him well in shaping up the character he became in VII. Times I feel like I'm one of the few who support both Cloud & Tifa and Cloud & Aerith lol. My older brother is who introduced me to Final Fantasy. He grew up with VII when it came out. ^__^ I'm just a year older than VII so I didn't have the experience of playing it when it was still new. Yet, I've played Ocarina of Time as a young kid. 0.o

I actually got a piano last month due to how Nobuo's music touches me in an emotional way. Matter of fact, after I learn Never Forget from Halo I plan on learning Julia's Theme. =D I love seeing Rayne's ghost in Winhill. Find that to be a bit haunting. Ah! That's his name. xD I actually like Seifer too. Quite humorous with chicken wuss and the boy who reached puberty in his squad...XD

Ah VI. I've never beaten it but I think this summer I'll restart. Even though I haven't beat it I just love it's soundtrack. Did you know Aerith's Theme is a remake of Aria Di Mezzo Carattere?

Love Shadow as well. =D I would love to see him, Zer0, Snake Eyes and Grey Fox have a duel. 0.0 That would be so epic! I won't spoil too much for you but it really is a work of art. =D

I love Crisis Core, I think it's a great game. I'm gonna have to get VI at some point.

This is my fav bit of FF music:

I really wish they would write some novels set in some Final Fantasy worlds

#1492 Edited by Samimista (20717 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: Ah. =D I believe that song was played at the Olympics one year for the swimming rounds. ^__^ I have VI - X soundtracks on my iPod. =D I believe VII does have novels. I don't know if all are canon or not but Maiden of the Planet has been confirmed to be non-canon. There's also XIII novels but I think those tell the story leading up to the events of XIII. I would love for IX to get a novel. Especially about Kuja. =D

#1493 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33432 posts) - - Show Bio

@samimista: Do you by any chance know artsy pepole on that vine that would make a Rat Patrol 01 emblem for me?

#1494 Edited by MonsterStomp (17978 posts) - - Show Bio

@aiden_cross: Been keen for Blacklist since last E3 conference. Then I saw Spies vs Mercs and I'm more keen than the following Assassin's Creed game.

In order of keeness:

• Watch Dogs
  • Splinter Cell Blacklist
  • Assassin's Creed IV

Going to be an epic year. BTW any upcoming info on MK10? I heard a rumour about it for 2014, could be wrong though.

#1495 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Clunky eh? That's what I heard in reviews. But it would be better story wise to start at the first one wouldn't it? And I'm just reconsidering what class I should be. Would vanguard suit a more tank style player like myself?

Well it's not unplayable, just a little less admirable in comparison to the other triple AAA third person shooters out there. And yes, it would be most wise to start from the first game and work your way up! As a tank player? Vanguard's are extremely aggressive but can also play the defensive card. Kind of like best of both worlds. Soldiers are the same thing, but they're pretty plain.

#1496 Posted by Lvenger (19936 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it's not unplayable, just a little less admirable in comparison to the other triple AAA third person shooters out there. And yes, it would be most wise to start from the first game and work your way up! As a tank player? Vanguard's are extremely aggressive but can also play the defensive card. Kind of like best of both worlds. Soldiers are the same thing, but they're pretty plain.

I see. I'm not the best shooter myself so I won't mind. I considered being a soldier but vanguards are far more versatile to play with. Thanks for answering my questions! :)

#1497 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I see. I'm not the best shooter myself so I won't mind. I considered being a soldier but vanguards are far more versatile to play with. Thanks for answering my questions! :)

Anytime dude! :D

#1498 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Go Adept !

#1499 Edited by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: Watchdogs does look amazing, i'm really curious how that'll work out! :)

#1500 Edited by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio